/indie/ - Indie Games General

Last thread : Trigger Underrail fans with that simple trick edition

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, ((Grimoire)), Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn (embed)

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2_QsBZKstTg
youtube.com/watch?v=K4WIuhlkPV8
youtube.com/watch?v=JD4UTtEPTA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I tried to make my own map of Underrail but I couldn't

>Police worldwide have been deputizing private citizens to work in crowd control in the event of public riots and looting breaking out when the inevitable Grimoire shortages are announced and Grimoire rationing goes into effect.
are you prepared?

You can find them on internet.

That map is outdated as hell though.

I swear to god /indie/, if you die on the 4th post

>games that are fun

Do I have to be over 25 and have a computer to understand this image?

I am now addicted to Stardew Valley. What do?

Go to rehab AKA Farming Simulator 2017

Love your neighbors.

>Randomized Roguelike
Isn't this redundant? Random level generation is one of the defining characteristics of a Roguelike game.

I'm pretty sure you can't marry girls who eat rocks in that game.

Does anyone still play Dungeons of Dredmor? its fun

yeah, although i'm really bad at it

>tfw everyone think that BoI is the first "new" roguelike and forget that game
Being Gaslamp is suffering

Oh hey a new Daedalic game is coming o-

>Mentz concluded our demo with an estimate of each episode being approximately six hours long, but reminded me of the lack of puzzles or other things that pad out other games, pulling players away from the ongoing narrative.

Nevermind.

Who here is ready to pirate Grimoire day one?

I'll admit it would be great to have a dungeon crawler with a lot of depth but I hate the aesthetic of Grimoire

Which game?

I don't know, man. The guy built his own bunker defense system. Knowing Cleve Grimoire might pull a Myth Drannor on buyers, and I don't even want to think about what it could do to pirates.

You go first. I'll sit back and watch for now.

The Pillars of the Earth. I don't know much about it, but Daedalic used to be one of the better developers. I thought Silence was just a fluke. Guess not.

>play through Night of the Rabbit
>love the narrative
>hate the puzzles

if I'm being honest, I'd prefer that game to not have those puzzles, I can deal

Snakebird is one of the most painful experiences with a puzzle game I've ever had. Not even fucking Spacechem made me feel like this much of a brainlet.

Progress with my game is slow but steady.
Kinda like these threads!

What the hell is this?

Keep playing, you'll get bored soon.

Reminder to check this game out.

It's true. Visually Grimwah is absolute horseshit. No words can describe the overall "art direction" and Cleve can't even code a working turning animation in 20 years. But if you can overcome the initial disgust and keep playing, you realize something. The game is pure, undiluted Clevean insanity. It's the same insanity that fuels his posts, but coalesced into video game form. Every weird UI element, every quirk of the engine, all higher level stuff and the content itself, everything is pure Cleve.

This is the kind of soul mass-produced unity/rpgmaker/ garbage lacks. This is what games should be, and what they were before they grew huge and bloated. Free expression of their programmers. We already have dull enterprise software, entertainment should have never fallen into the same bland cookiecutter patterns. Games these days can literally be nothing but a collection of assets and middleware packages on top of an engine. All slapped together haphazardly to present some shitty generic walking sim or whatever. Zero personality. Zero soul. Zero value. Other faggots think gameplay is of little consequence and treat games as a fucking storytelling platform. Where did we go so wrong?

ok

>It's the same insanity that fuels his posts, but coalesced into video game form.

That doesn't sound appealing

I thought Snakebird was going to be immensely pleasing because I liked the concept but mostly it was like being ejected at speed through a windshield and then being forced to crawl through the broken glass.

It's not coming out.

I'm on my second try of it. I think it's like Stephen Sausage Roll in that you really have to internalize the mechanics of the game to finish a puzzle without making your brain overheat. The difference is SSR was really good at easing the player at all the little quirks to its systems whereas Snakebird's puzzles expand in complexity very quickly

I know that!

Is that Gwen?

I like minimaps. If there's a loading screen between each miniscule room, or the game necessitates zooming so close that I can't see the whole room, then either I need a bigger screen or there should be an optional minimap.

I've got 5 more games of similar genre to get through. I'm not putting my 100% into situational awareness, and fuck buying a bigass monitor to plug into the more portable laptop.

Yes! From original GW beta event.

>Where did we go so wrong?
Most big companies started mimicking Valve, Activision and EA (and, more recently, the MOBA genre). Then you get the indie developers who don't want to learn how to code or at least make something with substance, thus becoming the game equivalent of "modern art" creators.

Well, that's your own personal problem. Sucks to be you, I guess.

Who's the boss now?

ETG's aesthetic is so shit, goddamn.

ETG's pacing is so shit, goddamn.

Now we got normies curious about LISA

what happened?

I really liked the aesthetic of ETG, to be honest. Sadly, I only have a mediocre laptop for everything, and it runs like shit consequently.

It's remarkably poorly optimized.
>I really liked the aesthetic of ETG
I'm tluly sorry for your lots.

speaking of LISA is it that good? I want to play a good game but LISA was too depressing for me

Aside from the combat everything about it is pretty fucking good. If you like shitty combat you might even like that part of it, too.

Isn't it an RPG? Combat is very important.

That's like a car with an awful engine

Do you like JRPGs

Tell that to people who liked the first Nier.

Let me clarify, I like the aesthetic on a conceptual level. The idea of the enemies being bullets, the whole gun theme, etc. I can't tell you if the game itself holds up, because of the reasons previously stated.

Everything being firearm themed is a cool idea but slapping cartoon faces and stick limbs on bullets and shotgun shells is just about the least interesting implementation of that theme possible.

I pirated it but I will shill it in exchange.

what's new and fun and free

me

There's a neat GuaranĂ­ online course.

you are! shine on you crazy diamond

bitch what is that

I don't care, more people should experience LISA

>I want people to play the game so I'm going to post an image of the ending
What a dumb faggot you are.

Blue Snakebird real tired of this garbage

lol

Hey yo, this thread looks slow, so here, have a Niko.

LISA is good.

Some people like gameplay where they're basically going through the motions. Very relaxing after a hard day of work and you don't want to tryhard on a fucking video game.

I'm very much not one of those people, but, I know they exist...

>posting spoilers while suggesting more people play LISA

Those are some neat pixels. Such lovely use of color. Although... I noticed just now the robot looks kinda retarded how he's stuck into the boat like that...

What game is that

Monolith (as his filename says!)

It was made by someone in /agdg/

I'm at the edge of my seat over here

I liked the level-less nature of that game, but the crafting system is awkward and then I got stuck somewhere in the last (?) area.

prepare to die. Also, understand how ailment stacking works, because 50% immunity is a LOT more valuable than it might first seem.

>because 50% immunity is a LOT more valuable than it might first seem.
Oh, this is no doubt where I fucked up.

it can turn a 5>10>fuck I can't move into a 2>4>3>6>oh thank god it's dead

Damn, the combat is fast as hell. Kinda miss Standstill Girl's unique system though, but I like what I see so far.

Yeah, I just noticed that with the spiders and the countdown icon on my party.

>Kinda miss Standstill Girl's unique system
both are good, and I would like to see more of either

Oh, I'm going to have fun with this.
Good night /indie/.

youtube.com/watch?v=2_QsBZKstTg
youtube.com/watch?v=K4WIuhlkPV8
youtube.com/watch?v=JD4UTtEPTA8

Are you planning to die on me, /indie/?

/indie/ the indying

Hey Recluse, what is your CLASSIC GAME playthrough like? A blind run? Or do you know a bunch about it?

Bumpity hoppity dont die on me.

>tfw recluse is a cunt who just drops youtube links and won't even reply any more
Guess I'll go back to reporting you even though I started to like you after that

Fucker

>Middens
I still have no idea how do you finish that.

Today is the day. Where were you when the incline began?

Oops! Micro issue came up.

That game truly looks atrocious.

If the gameplay is good, it's fine...

Has he not released any new screenshots in the last month or do you just really like that one?

What are some indies with names that really make no sense at all when you really think about them? This one isn't indie, but
>bio means water
>there is absolutely no water in bioshock infinite

>bio means water

>>bio means water

>bio means water

It's one of those times, is it?

>LISA
>all about brad + buddy

>darkest dungeon
>surprisingly well lit even at midnight with no torch and no windows

/indie/ in next VGL

Lisa set all the events into motion.