Which is harder to work on
Poast some pics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_ZzDVL3Agw
youtube.com/watch?v=QCbtIvrXGvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mr2 by far

Mr2

I don't even like MR2s and I'd say it's a much better car and easier to work on.

z32 TT is a better car

which gen MR2 you faggot?

>Which is harder to work on
The Z32 by a mile. Fuck that cramped engine bay.

I've owned both. I greatly prefer the Z32.

can't speak for 300ZX but it's well-known they're awful to work on, and if you're going for the MR2, I can say as a former owner of a 91 turbo that the SW20 is also pretty awful to work on, especially turbo models. AW11 and ZZW30 are only MR2 models worth owning.

K how bout both sw20 na and z32 na
Cause those are the base models for both
And secondly for both in their highest models like tt and turbo

VR4 GTO

Skyline = Supra
Z = MR2
Silvia = 86
N/A < Celica

Nissan was one short against Toyota when it comes to legendary sports cars. for this, Toyota wins.

I'm I owned the NA trims of both (5S and DE), and there's no reason to take the SW between the two. I like both of them, but you get way more for your money with a manual Z32.

Honda Civic

How reliable is the z32 in comparison to the SW

Lol have fun trying to go 200mph in an mr2... The Z can do it stock.

>I can only have fun on straight roads

this is my biggest gripe with the z32 Can be very fast on straights but cant handle the track at all

>The Z can do it stock.

No it can't, not enough power and I don't even think the gearing would get it there.

A 86 is no way even comparable to a silvia

>Silvia = 86
>N/A < Celica

Silvia = Celica boyo.

No matter how much you like the 86 it's just a tarted up econobox that could maybe compare with a Jack's (CA18DE) S13 in top trim.

aww look at those cute little brakes

Z32 is still a better car though.

NSX = RX7 > Corvette > the rest

100% this
> actually used in motorsports
>actually wins
youtube.com/watch?v=H_ZzDVL3Agw

>drop in engine with 2x the displacement
>gain room to work
>?????

Skyline = Toyota had nothing to compare
Z = Supra
Silvia = Celica

pull the motor
do everything you need to do
put it back in

2x the displacement but no turbos so you are just as good as the stock engine I guess? Good job, bubba. That $500 and a weekend sure got you places.

A junkyard motor with $2k worth of JEGS parts into it will make almost 2x the power of the stock turbo engine... naturally aspirated. The stock engine is a piece of shit.

$2500 can get a truck LSwhatever to ~500 whp? Sorry, but I just don't buy it and I must say, you, sir, are talking out of your ass. How about all the extra money to swap it into the z chassis?

OP here would the Z32 still be ok in the twisties, or is the pigfat meme really that hindering

>$2500 can get a truck LSwhatever to ~500 whp?

Yeah easily if you do all the work. Look at the million dyno video's of it happening. You can also turbo the V8 if you want to make stupid power. If you get the stock engine to "modern" levels you're going to be working on it a lot anyways.

The fuck are you talking about.

BEGONE, BENCH.

Do not buy into Veeky Forums's bullshit, it handles fine, great even. Due to 4WS some called the steering even " too responsive." Regardless, everyone should stop putting so much emphasis on the car and should instead worry about the driver.

The Supra competed with both the Z and the Skyline. It's what happens when you make both a sport and a GT go against a sport GT.

What am I even reading.

This. I agree.

Don't worry guys, after you spend $10k to swap in a LS you can then start making power that could be had with the VG using stock turbos.

A hard question to answer. Having owned both I think the realistic answer is they're almost identical in age, 1990 and 1991. Honestly what matters more is what the previous owner did or didn't do to it. At this point whatever OEM engineering went into it is taking a backseat to 28 years of maintenance. Look for a well kept example of each, don't entertain clearly abused or neglected examples, it's not going to be worth it.

The VG is quite capable.

Yeah, aren't the rods and crank forged on DETTs? Like with most cars the LS is a waste of money compared to what could be done with the stock engine with the money spent.

stressed to shit stock motor
vs
A truck motor that's just getting started at almost 500whp

hmmm.

youtube.com/watch?v=QCbtIvrXGvk

>Stressed
>on stock turbos

Oh my, LS fans are straight ignorant. Those numbers are pathetic for a 6.0L engine. Jeez this was making likely over 1000hp before the LS was even first used.

Take the Turbo's off the VG and see what's making pathetic power... That's naturally aspirated power and will be more usable than the turbo lag powerband of the stock engine.

>you have to handicap the engine that is half the displacement against a modified 6.0L V8

Oh my god that's hilarious, almost as hilarious as their kit prices. I mean jeez people have made more impressive NA VG30's than that 6.0 too.

You have no concept of torque or horsepower.

I think that's LSfags, who also lack any real car knowledge and waste money on dumb shit lol

Dont know about MR2, but you take your life in your hands with the Fairlady, handling and balance is crazy. Had one years ago and almost killed me twice driving in the rain.

>inb4 bad driver, git gud

Have clean driving record before and after driving that, and the tyres and brakes were newish. Just a fucker to drive.

lol what? Are you serious?

>BRACKUBIRDO?!?!?
>exhaust noises

>oversteers into a guard rail

The turbo engines can handle upwards of 600whp before you open the engine up.

There really isn't much turbo lag with properly sized turbos. Plus if you an launch worth a damn it doesn't matter much anyways.

Was more than likely you had cheap shitty tires, wrong tire for the condition, or suspension was fucked up from some fuccboi

This Your anecdotal evidence isn't substantial.

You’re delusional
The 86 is literally a modern silvia, and Renault-nissan doesn’t make anything comparable to it these days

>muh g35
pigfat and discontinued

>Talks about legendary sports cars
>randomly throws in modern car

lol?

This is damage control, we all know you were talking about the AE86.

Not that user you responded to, benchracer-kun

Figures you're retarded and just throw random buzzwords.

Gonna piggyback off of OPs topic, since I don't know a lot about z cars. What makes the 300zx desirable over say a 240sx?

One was designed to be cheap, the other was designed to be a luxury grand tourer. From Nissan's perspective the difference is build quality, effort, and expense.

If you are lucky enough to live somewhere that has roads with turns in it.... Most of North america is straight roads...

Oh excuse me... 191 mph

Op, Get pic related... They will kick the z32 and the mr2's ass in both twisty's and on the highway.

Just put down about 5-6k For an engine like this and you will be untouchable

I do love this car, such a beautiful design, will never find a clean one in my area

>The turbo engines can handle upwards of 600whp before you open the engine up.

So you spent $20k to make that instead of swapping in a V8 that makes that naturally aspirated. Neat. You're one of those dyno queen kids who thinks you can just "turn up the boost".

>Spend 5k to make 600whp
>Or spend 10k to make 400whp with a modified V8

I would be scared to do anything over 120mph in a S30. Last time I tried, I was 20 years old and much dumber than I am now.

if you are afraid of that then your car is setup wrong..