/digi/ - Digimon General

Odaiba Day Edition. Happy Adventure commemoration day.

Previous: >Cyber Sleuth Digilinks
pastebin.com/zwdfyvu8

>Digimon Linkz English Guide
digilinkz.kongbakpao.com/

>Digimon World Guides
pastebin.com/W0ZgHnXJ

>Discord link
discord.gg/urBVbKa

>20th Anniversary V-Pet details
withthewill.net/threads/16945

>Decide Your Digi-Destiny N0 Trailer
youtu.be/watch?v=9omPepZxRNc

>Next 0rder OST [320 mp3]
mega.nz/#!7U9F3Txb!JeuUBX1myA14eX7yaJOsUj4yewXB6Xl5cEouOfIpOdw

>World 1 OST [192 mp3]
mega.nz/#!mAFSGJRQ!jqLdrMZ5mP6pEWw0J9ti6_aZ8HSOOx5DM1imFcotKkI

>Digimon Story Cybersleuth: Hacker's Memory
gematsu.com/2017/03/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-first-details-video-screenshots

>Digimon Story Cybersleuth: Hacker's Memory Trailer
youtu.be/QdroyF26SMo

>tri. part 5 NEW PV
twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/891861902040514560

>tri. stage play PV
youtu.be/watch?v=MASXaPVnBsU

Hacker's Memory News
>Interview with producer Kazumasa Habu
withthewill.net/threads/17634

>Domination Battles
withthewill.net/threads/17660

>Territory Battles, Quests & New Characters
gematsu.com/2017/06/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-introduces-territory-battle-quests-latest-characters

>Japanese release date confirmed
gematsu.com/2017/07/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-japanese-release-date-announced-august-9

The full page of Draco Malfoy cosplaying as Yamato,

Thread reminder, Haru is a girl.

Haru erasure

Funny how the digimon who whines about digimon having no genders is the one sexualized the most

>you can't be a cuck if you fuck your best friend's girl

Why did flip-open digivices (of any kind, not D-Cyber specifically) never appear in the anime?

The irony is very thick.

When did they debut?

If it was around 2003 then it'd be because there was no Digimon anime for most of that year.

Christ, Agumon really let himself go

Presumably because the D-cyber type was the only clamshell type Digivice or V-pet they made. There was shit like the Digimon Analyzer, I guess, but I don't even know who they were trying to appeal to with that

>DUDE FOOD LMAO
finally takes its toll

I think you mean Gabumon.

>that actual double chin

Agumon's problem is his weirdly thin and sticklike arms

Tai's Agumon is a scrub.

Literally everybody else's Agumon could kick his ass.

even fucking toyagumon

Not given Omegamon's plot armor, the shitty 02 movie notwithstanding

Wow, you really fail at reading comprehension, huh.

Tai and Matt's Omegamon isn't even the best Omegamon, even he's a scrub. I'm pretty fucking sure Nokia could take Tai and Matt.

Just had a look on Wikimon and it looks like the D-Cyber was released strictly for non-Japanese markets in the Far East (which makes sense given that's a Malay advert) between 2003 and 2005, when there was no Digimon anime series.

That would explain why it was never in a series: it never got the chance.

THE CONCEPT of a flip-open handheld electronic device is at least as old as Star Trek in the 60s.
If there was ever a time when it made sense for an anime digivice to have a similar general shape, it was in the 2000s when everyone owned cell phones in that shape.

Nokia's is the biggest scrub of them all since she needs the help of MC's three protagonist Digimon to do anything. The one that's actually competent is the one from X-evolution

>it was in the 2000s when everyone owned cell phones in that shape.
see
The only series to come close to that time is, bizarrely, tri.

Nokia is the actual main hero of the series. Player is a decoy.

>what is Digimon Savers

What part of
"(of any kind, not D-Cyber specifically)"
don't you understand?

I was NOT talking about D-cyber specifically. I was NOT talking about an existing V-pet toy released between 2003 and 2005 specifically. I was talking about flip-open design IN GENERAL.
I was NOT talking about D-cyber specifically. I was NOT talking about an existing V-pet toy released between 2003 and 2005 specifically. I was talking about flip-open design IN GENERAL.

All of the Digimon in Cyber Sleuth were miles ahead of the Adventure Universe. Adventure-verse mons tend to be weak in comparison to "other-verse" mons.

Adventure Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon struggled to take on Diaboromon, and couldn't even defeat him without Jogress, despite being at an advantage. Cyber Sleuth Omegamon solo'd 3 Ultimates from an exceptionally strong hacker.

I missed that bit.

No need to spam it six times for fuck's sake.

Apparently there IS need to repeat it.

I'm not even sure what her role in the story is apart from evolving Agumon and Gabumon into Omegamon in order for us to have an exposition dump, but even that was unnecessary since they could have accomplished the same thing by revealing Kyoko as Alphamon sooner.

see
They didn't make any flip open devices apart from the D-Cyber one, so there was no need to advertise such devices in an anime. That, and they probably wanted to keep V-pets small enough to keep on a keychain like they did with Tamagotchi. Flip open devices would be too bulky

>Savers
>Set in the mid 2000s

The best.

Which "innocent girl wearing hooker clothes" sidekick do you prefer?

Nokia or Erika?

Haven't seen the other one in action, so Nokia.

>bird head
but its a dragon

Maybe i'm wrong, but didn't they struggle because Diablomon decided to copypaste himself millions of times?

And in the same vein, Adventure Omegamon deleted millions of ultimates effortlessly, so I don't understand from where you get that it is one of the weakest incarnations.

But Chronomon's a bird?

Just a few days until HM news. Hang in there, bros

>Maybe i'm wrong, but didn't they struggle because Diablomon decided to copypaste himself millions of times?
And they were slowed down by the e-mails

What is /digi/'s opinion on this tiddy kitty

I kinda like the manticore-ish aspects desu

She's pretty.

S'okay, but kind of bland

I've been giving RE: Digitize another shot. Is this game even playable without an evolution guide? I don't really want to use one, but I feel like I won't make any progress at all unless I do

Hopes and fears for the new Tamers CD drama?

Made for sex.

Hopes: Fusion with Gallantmon and someone else, or X Anti Bodies
Fears: Neither of those happen.

It's a CD drama not an OVA so you are not gonna get that. Is probably gonna be a continuation of Message in the packet.

So the kids are going to commit suicide?

Considering they are releasing it next year they are probably adults or teenagers.

So the teens/adults are gonna sit around talking about how they miss their partners for about 30 minutes. Neat.

While drinking

and with blitz my first gen dies
is 12 days normal or did battling put too much strain on him?

Hikari 02 or Miyako figure when?

Fuck that hoes, where is my Jenrya figure?

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING DRILL LADS

HE'S FINALLY COMING. AFTER SO MANY CANCELLED FIGURES HE'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

yoooooooo

Alphamon figure that transforms into Kyoko's car

Y/N?

very yes

Fuck that, Kyoko figure that can equip Alphamon's parts as armor when?

>kyoko figure in the style of the gundam girls
ohyes

>Has Ouryumon on it
There is your problem I dont have anything against him, but with the amount of times the poor dragon sword has been screwed over I think someone at Bamco might have it out for him.
And before you mention not only D-Cyber, Bamcos hatred of Ouryumon runs so deep that the entire design line of anything that had him needs to be eliminated from history.

Honestly you probably should use one. Makes the game far more playable.

Hopes: The main trio committed suicide because they realized they would never get their mons back and it's about Juri letting go for the 4th time after their funerals, the 3rd time was when her father murder-suicides the entire family but her
Fears: Tamers 02

I already played it with a guide before so I was trying to see if I could go without it this time, but damn. The requirements on getting perfect and up are so strict and specific that I don't know how they expected anyone to figure them out. But unless you do, you're not beating the game.

Haven't played N0 (or DW1 for that matter) but I pray that it isn't the same way.

>we have the main protagonist that lets some beta male steal his waifu and grows to love sniffing ginger pubes

The only good thing left about Appmon is Rei.

N0 is (slightly) easier since you can get the requirements in game. DW1 though...hope you like Numemon.

How can anyone else compete?

HOLY SHIT WHAT? HE'S COMING OUT AFTER METAL GARURUMON NICE

Thought for sure he and Alphamon would be after Angewomon, weird. But I'm happy.

Never. There was no point in Chiaki making him a Chink. Blame him for why Jenrya never gets any love from the Japs.

>There was no point in Chiaki making him a Chink
Given him being Chinese, and much of the actual plot revolving around the Devas, it seems to me that there's some connection to be made. I just don't know what.

Oh so now I understand why the Devas have never been used again minus Andiramon and even then I don't think it was seen in Frontier.

Nope. High-quality shotas attract each other.

How much does the fujopandering contribute to appmon's apparent "popularity"? I heard a good part of the japanese fans are girls

Generally fujoshi don't buy things like chip sets and Applidrives, so... they absolutely nothing to do with Appmon's success.

good morning /leo/, don't die yet

What if Gankoomon and BanchouLeomon fused?

>hit the wrong button and stuck with a ver 1 egg again
fuck, I don't have the heart to just let him starve

Hope: An epilogue showing appropriate character growth for the kids and a somewhat happy ending.

Fear: A pointlessly grim ending surpassing Drag-On Dragoon.

Still no sign of Jou's girlfriend.

>They didn't make any flip open devices apart from the D-Cyber one
AND I'M ASKING WHY THE FUCK NOT?
WHY NOT MAKE OTHER FLIP OPEN DEVICES?
WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THAT AS A CONCEPT?
YOU'RE STILL FIXATED ON D-CYBER SPECIFICALLY.
BANDAI DOESN'T DISCOVER NATURALLY OCCURRING V-PET TOYS UNDER A ROCK.
SOME HUMAN BEING MAKES A CHOICE TO DO THINGS OR NOT DO THINGS.
WHAT WAS THE REASON FOR THAT CHOICE?

... And any hope for Angewomon after this guy?
...What? Just asking.

And you accused me of having bad reading comprehension

You call THIS the size of a keychain?
I've owned flip-open cellphones smaller than the xros loader.

Well then, only thing I can think of is not wanting to cause confusion among the toys they were promoting. I know Bandai makes a lot of roleplay devices for Kamen Rider, many of which are like flip open cell phones and parents are not the best at paying attention to which is which

>going for care mistake heavy evolutions
>just have to leave them wasting away there
fuck me this is painful
I'm so sorry, I just really like whamon, I swear I'll treat you good once this is over

>When you see the words titty kitty and immediately think of Leomon

It's the opposite for me. It feels like the little shits interrupt me with their needs so frequently that it's a nice break to be able to ignore them for once

I'd say I'd make a terrible parent, but even babies don't need to eat and shit every ten minutes in real time

Just have GranKuwagamon up their mistakes

V-tamer anime fucking when

God damn!

never

>inb4 cancelled

We'd be lucky to get an OVA.

Not sure how happy I´d be with that. V-Tamer was pretty big.

LOOK AT IT. LOOK HOW AWESOME IT LOOKS

Franchise 100ht anniversary

Man, how long have you been saving that one?

Kari was my absolute jam when I was 11. It pissed me off to no end that Davis and her never got together