Be me

>be me
>always drive within 5 miles of the speed limit, unless it's a 25 in which case I always go exactly the speed limit or under
>always make a complete stop at a stop sign and always let pedestrians cross when possible
>watch "drivers" behind me reeeeeeeee because they can't go 50 mph in a residential neighborhood

No better feeling.

This, but far less smug, and I also do 100 in a 55 on the empty ass back roads we have around here, making sure to slow down when I go passed the 5 ish homes scattered on my route because I'm not going smear someone's cat/dog/child because I was doing twice the speed limit.

You can have PLENTY of fun without endangering everyone else, driving like this isn't an achievement, it's something that you should expect of yourself. Although I will admit it's fun to get tailgated by what is almost always a BMW through a small town and then watch their headlights disappear the second we leave city limits and hit the twisties.

Makes you wanna get an old barge and start doing that as well.

I think to most people it's not about fun, it's about spending as little time as possible traversing America's million square miles of sprawl (which ironically only exist because of driving).

I hope this will have negative consequences on your life. In my city you'd probably get assaulted at some point.

People like you are the reason other people don't let their kids out to play in their own fucking street anymore. Always speeding, always in a rush, and the more cul de sacs you demand in a neighborhood to live away from speeding drivers the further you have to speed to even get out of the neighborhood and the worse you're making the problem.

If you constantly drive below speed limit, hog middle and left lines and are just being a passive aggressive cunt during every second of your drive, then you deserve to get stabbed in the throat

Pedestrian safety is a myth

this, sell your vehicle OP

Additionally, it feels good to never have gotten a ticket. Good boy status.

Spotted the terrible drivers.

>courteous and respectful to residents and pedestrians now equals passive aggressive because someone else feels held up in their speeding through urban sprawl
How do some people become so self centered?

That'll change in May or whenever you get your new GT350. What pay grade are you anyway? I'm a measly E-3 in the USAF and I don't think I could afford a brand new GT350.

I'm an E-5. You want to know how I could afford the GT350? I have a very boring social life. No partying, no drinking (unless provided later by barracks buddies who needed a DD at the time), no smoking, no dipping, no vaping, no gf, nothing. I also pinch pennies where I can such as eating at the DFAC always and very rarely eating out. If I had to spend on something, I made sure I was going to use the hell out of it. I've done this for the past 4 years and saved up the money for just this occasion.

>I've done this for the past 4 years and saved up the money for just this occasion.
Didn't you only put a few thousand as a down payment though? I could easily pay like five thousand down, but I imagine the monthly payments would be hell. How much are you expecting to pay monthly for a brand new GT350?

Ah good eye. Yes, the paper says $3,000 as a down payment. However, that was the refundable deposit that I transferred to MAS in order to secure one of the 40 GT350 allocated slots. It's refundable up until the point that the Ford factory starts building my car. Even then, I don't have to pay for the car until it actually arrives to me. So I have from now until April-May next year to continue living frugally and saving up more money for a big ol' down payment. I'm putting down $30,000-$35,000 and the rest will go on a 36 month loan. I've already talked to my local credit union and have been offered 2.19% on a 70 month loan, but I'm going to face-to-face talk with the loan officer and get a much better rate, I'm thinking sub-1% since I bank with them and I'm asking for the shortest term on a loan.

Anyways, if the loan is about $30,000 for 36 months, I'm expecting to pay $800-900 per month. I have no problem with that since I've already budgeted in advance to accommodate for that large of a monthly payment.

By the way, the Blended Retirement System opt-in option is now available on MyPay. If you're not staying in for the 20 year pension and you're putting money into TSP, opt-in for that shit ASAP. Be money smart.

I plan on eventually getting my officers commission and retiring when I'm old and white haired.

Good on you. I plan to stay in just a little longer to finish my accounting degree then moving on. Who knows, maybe I might send an application to one of the three letter agencies. Kek, imagine an Veeky Forumstist working in the FBI, CIA, DEA, or even the EPA.

>mfw i let all 138 furious braps out and pass you in the oncoming lane

I have an associates degree and work as a contractor for the DOJ while I'm only in the Air National Guard part time. Currently finishing up my CATM certification and working on furthering my education.

Ah I see. I thought you were active duty this whole time. How is contractor work? I've been considering that too.

I like it quite a bit. I can control the schedule of my day and work when I want, as long as I get shit done on time I'm good. Benefits are kinda shit, but that's where the ANG comes in to save the day. Pays quite well, I make more than most friends with bachelors degrees and have a more flexible schedule. That comes in handy because I volunteer for any active duty full time assignments that come up in my ANG career. I've considered making my ANG career a full time gig, but without an officers commission the pay is just kinda shit to be a full time career. As soon as I get my CATM certification it'll bump me up to E4 or E5 depending on a few things, and it'll really make my time in the ANG more enjoyable since I love working with firearms and explosives anyway.

I definitely can't afford a brand new GT350 because I'm shit at saving money, but I do have a Corvette I totally love, so I'll take what I can get. Pic related.

I'm browsing Veeky Forums right now while at work and getting paid for it, so that's a nice bonus.

I do have a thing with this. Just go the speed limit. However, if there is a turn lane and you're not fucking in it when you're turning (all the fucking way) you deserve to be shot in each testicle twice.

Nice, I haven't given the Corvette (specifically the C5s) much attention, but my father has always wanted one since he immigrated to the US. He moved on from GM to Toyota, but he still is a GM performance car guy at heart. I want to buy him a C5 like your's, but neither he nor I have the budgets to get one.

I'm considering buying a C5 for the power and the targa top. How is ownership?

Yeah it's definitely a boomer mobile, but I love it anyway and I'm only 25. I definitely get more compliments on it from baby boomers than I do people my age, though I think everyone appreciates the look and sound of a nice subtly modified Corvette. Just the other day a little boy pointed at my car as I drove past in the parking lot and yelled at his dad "Quick dad! You'll miss the cool car!" Gave it a little rev and made both our days right there.

Most of the people I see driving them are retired or executive type boomers that never get the car above 3.5K RPM, but that doesn't detract from the car at all for me. Mine is modified just the way I like it, and honestly I don't think I could be happier with a car. I plan on keeping this forever, but we'll see.

This is just called "driving" in every first world country. Minus the rage and speeding to any degree even on a highway

OP here, you are the exact kind of person whom I love bootyblasting. I even got one of the Darwin fishes recently just to up the ante.

>tfw you keep a safe distance from the driver in front and people keep merging into that spot

Expect your car to be trashed very soon

Why? I'm not the one that's a trash driver and person.

>drive 15 max through the neighborhood so I don't kill a stupid kid while the soccer moms with the actual kids are doing 35

Why do people have to be assblasted and self rightous about absolutely everything? I drive the speed limit whenever I'm in the city, but I don't actively try to impede everyone driving faster than me. Every time I see someone go faster than me, I don't immediately think they're crazy or ruining the world.

People who never signal or go 10 below the speed limit are much worst for road safety.

>In my city
this fucking cuck lives in city aka lives around blacks

Anything specific you're asking about?

Overall it's a pure joy to own and drive. It's my daily driver, commuter, and sometimes I hoon around like an idiot in it. Maintenance is incredibly easy and aftermarket and OEM replacement parts are about as plentiful as it gets. Remember this is basically a modified pickup truck drivetrain with some special Corvette bits replacing more standard parts, so finding parts is no problem. I have the targa top model as well with the glass tinted roof and fully loaded interior options. There's a couple weird little commonly known issues like with the steering wheel lock and such, but most of those have a recall for them and have already been fixed or can be fixed at no cost to you. Oil changes are super easy since it's an LS engine and you don't need any special tools or devices. No spare tire so either go with the factory stock run-flat tires or just don't get a flat.

Oddly enough the manual transmissions in both the Z06 and standard models are more problematic than the automatics, so this is probably the only sports car where I'd recommend considering an automatic transmission equipped car.

fucking this. my brainlet neighbors think my loud exhaust meant I was flying by their houses even though I was doing speed limit 25. I was getting threats and everything. I started going 15mph and got a really good GPS dash cam. The reeeeees can be felt throughout the county. It takes 10 minutes or so depending on speed to get off my road but at 15 miles an hour it takes an extra 4 or 5. Trust me they've changed their tune and now beg me to go faster. cunts.

Good your children shouldn't be on the street. Street for cars, path for children

Your kids should be either in school or at home studying you fucking failed parent.

>he never knew the joys or road hockey as a child

t. asian

me and a team of chad street racers are working on locating op's address in order to send crack nigers with rusty knives to his house.

>enounter drivers like you
>simply overtake them.
I wish you could know such joys.

I think he is talking about making people do the speed limit in towns.
people who speed in town are a special kind of retarded.
they are the ones who do 20 under the limit out of town normally too.

It seems like there are more people in the military that post on Veeky Forums than there are on /k/, what's up with that?

A lot of Veeky Forums posts on /k/ as well.
you new or something?
most of us have guns, cars and a kick arse gaming pc.

I live on a road that has sharp corners on steep hills. Since it's technically shorter than the main road since it doesn't go into town, most people use it instead of the main road and think of it as a great shortcut. In reality, it takes longer if you do the speed limit since it's a 35 and the other road is 50, and people just go 50 down it. It's absolutely ridiculous and pretty dangerous, there's a stop sign just past my driveway that nobody stops at. The town put up a "No Thru Trucks" sign at least. Since anyone following me is almost guaranteed to not live on the road, I make it a point to go 5 under anytime I'm driving down it. I also pull into my driveway really slowly.

One of my neighbors literally moved his house to the back of his land because he was always afraid of someone crashing through his bedroom on slippery nights.

Nah, I've been on for years but I've only recently started browsing Veeky Forums. It's neat to see the overlap.

Ideal fun speed is 5-10 above, and exact with low speeds. Irrefutable

How would he move his house

I think I can answer that as well. For single Soldiers like myself, I don't have a mortgage or a home loan to worry about since I live in the barracks. So what's the next major purchase to worry about then? You got it. Cars. That's why you will see many junior enlisted buying up nice sports cars (some who can't pay it off sadly). Don't be fooled though. We're not rich unless it's a warrant officer, officer, or senior enlisted with many years in.

nah mate, this happens even in europe, even in tiny ass countries and cities. People are just asspained about driving but dont admit they bought the wrong car/shouldn't be driving. In lithuania I see this shit everyday.

second you op.
also- driving on a semi highway in-city and keeping distance about 7-10 meters with the car in front so i can constantly FULLY observe the situation on the road, always some diesel piece of shit bmw gets in the spot so we have to drive every milisecond expecting to hit the brakes instead of cruising calmly (this shit happens even if we are over the speed limit).

he might even be a black

fucking this

drive an hour to work everyday, 45 all the way through the town I gotta go through (state route). People either go like ten under or like 15 over. The slows always seem to speed up to about 5 over the limit when we get out of town, the fasts always drop down to about 10 under.

And then there's the faggots who when we come to the open 4 lane section (it's 55 at this point) always go like 65-70 when they were just doing 45, and then drop back to 45 as soon as the extra lane drops away.

Can't fucking win without having to just pass every god damn chance I have because I know if I don't, it'll bite me in the ass. I don't want this hour drive to take 75 minutes or more.

meh I barely ever go 10 over the limit.

Being passive aggresive trash on top of delusional?
Stay off of the road

You just put the wheels back on it.

>implying I don't drive this way to prevent other infractions for the "odours" in my car

Driving like I'm 62 has everything to do with my ability to enjoy a joint when I want to.

>Mfw you die because you cant drive

habitual speeder here
You are cool with me if you are trying to do the speed limit, it's all the old people who do 10 under and slow down for the slightest bend like they are afraid of their car that worry me. Those people may crash less but they are major road hazards for everyone else.

>By the way, the Blended Retirement System opt-in option is now available on MyPay. If you're not staying in for the 20 year pension and you're putting money into TSP, opt-in for that shit ASAP. Be money smart.

What if I dont know if I'm staying in for the 20 year? I'm an E4 with only one year in at the moment. I'm in subs which everyone seems to hate too and can't re-rate.
Is the Blended system that good? I just spam clicked the NKO didn't even read

>sticking to speed limits and keeping to the highway code is being passive aggressive

just take the bus m8

Well, you have until 31 DEC 18 to decide if you want to opt into the new retirement system. So you don't have to choose immediately. I only switched over on New Years because I know for sure I'm not staying in for all 20.

Basically, if you're not staying in for 20 and you're putting a minimal of 5% base pay into TSP, switch over to the BRS. The main benefit of the BRS is that the government matches your TSP contributions up to 5%. The first % is automatic, the next 3 are 1 for 1 matching, and the last 2 are 0.5 for 1 matching, giving you 5% total matched for your 5% contributed.

If you know you want to stay in for 20 years, make sure you retirement with a high rank to get that 50% base pay pension as opposed to the BRS's 40% base pay pension.