How would you save maserati?

how would you save maserati?
feel free to let your imagination go wild but preferably keep it within the realm of reality
or do both

I walked by one on the used lot for $35k. I was kind of like
>heh maybe I should ask to test drive it so I can say I've driven a Maserati
But actually it kind of looked tired and dejected.

Maybe it would have goosed my marbles if I were a Maserati exepert.

Let it die tbqh.

I-Talian government bailout.

$20-30k price drop across the board, manual option in all cars, broaden out certified mechanics to make regular maintenance cheaper.

Alfa Romeo and Maserati are both "poorfag ferrari" brands, and Alfa is more interesting. Just drop Maserati and put all that money into Alfa.

Now, the reason I was on the used lot is they happened to have a Toyobaru in excellent condition for about half the price, and for that kind of almost pocket change I figured
>why not?

But for the Maserati, it was more like
>why?
It reminds me of a recent Maserati vs. Toyobaru vs. Porsche Jewtube video. They didn't bother comparing the Toyobaru to the Porsche because honestly that's silly. But they made a point of comparing the Maserati to the Toyobaru and wondering if it wouldn't be more fun to get all hektic for cheaper.

take away the DCT for a true slushbox, but one geared towards performnnce. start implementing small turbo V8s. keep the styling. get them a LOT of help in interior ergonomics. implement a high end and low end sedan, and a high end coupe. keep the racey touches, seats that can accommodate a harness, big wheels, large front inlet, etc, but make sure to keep the faux-racey touches like adjustable steering weight, exhaust modes, etc. hide the safety features under a lot of 'racey' bits. and most importantly, put that coupe into the hands of a real WEC race team to give it some street cred

ferrari is for the rich race boys, maserati is for the cheap race boys, and you have to sell it as such.

FCA needs a Escalade/Navigator/Land Cruiser competitor and Maserati should build it.

Alfa is now a BMW competitor. Maserati is supposed to be a GT car. I'd say an affordable Aston Martin. Problem is that their powertrain is all from Ferrari and nothing updated for a decade. So the interior is old as shit, suspension is old as shit, plus has Ferrari tier maintenance requirements for subpar performance.

You can't save them. They exist in a very competitive niche and simply don't have anything to offer.

Throw a hellcat in there.

I'd just make it a racing only badge. That's really the only place it's ever been good.
Endurance racing, GT and some open wheel. No F1 though until they get their shit sorted out.

They've had slushboxes put in all their models for a while now....

Maserati has a SUV out.

They have to accept that their heritage simply isn't enough to sell cars. Instead of trying to position themselves as a high end luxury brand with Ferrari tier maintenance, they should be the upmarket alternative to Alfa Romeo, in the way Lexus is for Toyota. Maseratis have always been sexy as hell, and if buying and running them was cheaper, I'm sure they would manage to be a true competitor.

TL;DR: Compete with Jaguar and Merc instead of goddam Porsche or Ferrari.

Of course, an "Inferno Gatto" special.
But it is small and cross over-ish. This would be large and truck like. Forget everything about brand heritage, build for the lowest common denominator.

create a sub-brand of higher end maseratis. like starbucks reserve, but for maserati. low production quantity, 3x price of current fleet.. make rich/city people embarrassed to own the 'cheap' maseratis.. keep selling cheap ones for suburbs ppl trying to emulate city ppl.

>living in a city
>having a nice car
>thinking city ppl crazy thoughts
k

Turn it into an electric luxury company to make it relevant again, and also so Ferrari can boast about making pure ICE engines in contrast. Produce a Supercar, Sportscar, and Luxury Sedan, with the inevitable SUV coming two years later as to not taint the performance image.

Maserati is Chrysler Reserve. Their cheapest car is built on the same line as the Chrysler 300. It's engine is so old it hardly out performs the V6 Chrysler and is beaten by the Hemi. Maseratis infotainment system is designed to alert you to when scheduled maintenance is to happen and will count the miles over until you take it in. You HAVE to go to a Maserati dealership to get the computer reset. Maserati has nothing to offer to rich people. No fancy suspension, interior, features. All they have going for it is a Ferrari engine which is awesome, but they're all paired to autotragics.

>Luxury
>Touring
>Electric
>SUV
Wrong, wrong, wrong, you're all wrong.
Scrap everything and build a two-seater, open top track day killer. Maserati was only ever good on the track, that it's home.

Collab with someone else in fiat and get an update for virtually everything, and so it isn't outdated as shit

They're so slow on that kind of thing that a 370z is still "newer"

What would it offer over a base corvette?

Better international sales possibility.

give it to Ferrari

It looks like sex. You walk by it and you think
>i want sumadat
And then you drive one and you say
>take my money I don't care this is a barrel of feels and I can afford it

I've seen like one vette living in a rich people zone. It seemed kind of lonely and expensive. I like the guy with the black low-slung mustang I see around sometimes. I could see myself buying that maybe. Sounds noice like one of those busted old big block ford trucks in the Homeless Disposition parking lot.

GET IT AWAY FROM FIAT/FERRARI

When Maserati was their own entity/an enemy of Ferrari they were creating some of the most competitive grand tourers/sports cars/race cars of the time.

But since Ferrari is run by vengeful cunts in the 1990s Ferrari went out of its way to castrate the Maserati brand and turn it into a second-fiddle cuckold brand.

Don't even bother with Corvette. Make a stripped out, semi-open wheel v8 murder machine for track day fags and Pro-Am racing. Go after BAC, Catheram and Ariel.
Maserati doesn't need to have practical value, all of their badge heritage is in racing.

i'd sell them toyota. they seem to have their shit together.

This. I know it's unpopular but it could work. Everyone knows maserati is "the same as Ferrari but worse". The solution is to make them not the same as Ferrari. Also appeals to those who would have a crack at tesla but are worried they're a bit fly-by-night

>we're going to trust Maserati to make a better electrical car than Tesla
wew

LaMaserati

I know it wouldn't work, i just really want one

Wouldn't that just be an extended body Mulsanne capable LaFerrari? Because Maserati already kind of did that once.

just release the Alfieri

The front end bears resemblance to those daft drooling wojak memes

Why would Toyota bother with Maserati?

>Alfa is more interesting

Can't you just fuck off and fall in a ditch?

Maserati was doing great when they had the original pininfarina quattroporte (dad had one and it was fucking gorgeous inside and out - fast as fuck too), and the GranTurisimo. Then they started putting out bmw tier shit with ugly styling and 6 cylinders, and GT is pretty old now and a bit slower than the competition.
Maserati needs to
>fire everyone in the style department and start making sexy italian stallions again
>stop making cars with less than 8 cylinders
>stop targeting the under 75k market

I like it. The blue accents need to go but its undeniably handsome

They were doing good because Ferrari recently took them over and gave them state of the art technology. It fell apart once customers realized Ferrari was using them to beta test said technology with their cars and the maintenance is Ferrari tier. Like your dad's clutch job is $5k. Automated manual quickly became an obsolete technology too.

Maserati claims their heritage is twin turbo V6's. They only got V8's because of the Ferrari purchase.

>can get a jag for half the price
They need huge price drops or just kill the brand

>Maserati claims their heritage is twin turbo V6's. They only got V8's because of the Ferrari purchase
Nigga please, Maserati was making V8's before Ferrari was even a racing team

Take a good hard look at Porsche, determine why they are literally bathing in cash, and replicate that, but with a red Italian tomato sauce on it.

>Wonder why the fuck the Levante doesn't beat the Cayenne in any meaningful way
>Put a ~600hp V8 in there

>Kill the Ghibli
>Wonder why the fuck we prioritised a mediocre sedan over a hot-cakes selling SUV, especially when we have a great Alfa platform laying around

>Aim the GranTurismo squarely at the 911
>Similar budget (equivalent power trims)
>400hp turbo V6 (Carrera/GTS)
>500hp turbo V8 (Turbo)
>600hp n/a V12, we'll only make 500 of them, ask double of what they cost (GT3 RS)
>700hp flat plane Hellcat (GT2 RS)
>625hp n/a V12, manual, no really guys, these 500 are the last ones, no really, now gib 250% profit margins

>Beat the Panamera by moving the QuattroPorte upmarket
>Slot a Hellcat in there to fuck with the Turbo S Hybrid

>Maserati has a SUV out
>But it is small and cross over-ish.
The Levante is about the same size a Cayenne, which puts it in the mid-sized SUV market.

What meant is something even bigger, like a 130+ inch wheelbase, truck frame, and handling like a barge: a full-sized SUV as per the American definition.

Porsche is bathing in cash because the Boxster and 718 made the brand more affordable, as well as the Cayenne and Macan giving it access to the lucrative SUV and crossover markets. They're not bathing in cash because they're dropping big engines into their cars.

Make it a designated luxury brand with in-house components developed from scratch, the problem is it acts as this weird Frankenstein monster where it attempts to pull of luxury with decades-old Ferrari components that send the maintenance costs sky-high while reliability plunges.

Somethinglike half of their profits comes from their SUV sales, the rest is majority Panamera and 718, and then a small margin is 911 if I can remember my stuff correctly.

Maserati needs two good SUV's, to compete with the Cayenne and the Macan. Screw the 718, there's not as much money to be head (or did it as an afterthought, they've got the 4C chassis after all). This leaves the Panamera, which you can easily tackle using the Quattroporte. However, that means you need some huge engines to send to the press to people buy your bottom feeder models, and honestly, if you sell enough SUV's, those big upmarket engines are your marketing. Porsche selling the 911R isn't making money via the 911R directly: it's making money because it shows that Porsches are valuable and desirable, and you should aspire to buy one, even if it's just a Macan.

Make a Fiat 124 except is actually fast and has a premium interior and ~300hp

Except no ND chassis cars will be made outside of Japan, and FCA dictates all Maserati, Ferrari and Alfa cars be made in Italy.

Yes, this exactly. Something that would attract boomers and the Chrysler 300 crowd that are already in FCA's demographics.

Build a new chassis lmao, I didn't mean make an alfiata-mazmeo, I meant a whole new car.

I wouldn't. Slow, dodgy, plastic pieces of Dodge garbage.