LaFerrari engine costs $385,000

Please explain why. This is the same V12 that is in the 812 Superfast which costs $335,275. How is the engine worth more than the car?

Toyota 2JZ-GTE engines have the same weird pricing issues with the engines out-pricing the cars they were in.

ebay.com/itm/2017-FERRARI-LA-FERRARI-ENGINE/253330916344?hash=item3afbb303f8:g:HsQAAOSwEEBaGZ52&vxp=mtr

Other urls found in this thread:

motorauthority.com/news/1108612_how-ferraris-banned-f1-technology-works-on-the-laferrari-engine
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/profiles/a29780/amg-engine-factory-gt3-huayra/
youtube.com/watch?v=N-oJ9DHg7KU
youtube.com/watch?v=-7LyJKkuRM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>LaFerrari engine costs $385,000
>Ford couldn't not cheap-out and use their V8s instead opting to use a shitsix

The Ford Racing M-6007-35T used in the Ford GT costs $10,000.

What's the rest of the $390,000 dollars from?

Try for 600

What does one of those weigh? It better be 200 fucking lbs for that price.

Boomer marketing

Just because someone is asking that doesn't mean that's what it's worth

Carbon fibre.

Don't these engines eat themselves?

Also a Ferrari Enzo Ferrari's Tipo F140B costs $79,900. The price jump between generations doesn't add up,

The La Ferrari's uses special components that were actually banned in F1. i don't know if that would add up to that insane price but i could definitely see an increase in general.

there's a higher demand relative to the supply

how many extra laferrari engines does ferrari have laying around for sale outside a car?

its what the market will bear, apparently.

>The La Ferrari's F140 uses special components banned from F1

What in the fuck are you even talking about? Be specific, what parts of that engined were banned.

>how many extra laferrari engines does ferrari
Its the same fucking engine as pic related. They have tons of them. The LaFerrari's F140 has a different bellhousing for the KERS, that's it.

>20 miles on it

My LS is 100% banned from F1. Suck it.

motorauthority.com/news/1108612_how-ferraris-banned-f1-technology-works-on-the-laferrari-engine
>Ferrari has a technology called Continuously Variable Length Intake Tracks. The engine is able to adjust the length of its intake runners, which, in turn, alters the volumetric efficiency of the engine. By doing this, the 6.3-liter V-12 is able to make the most of the available air all the way across the rev range.

>At lower RPMs, the intake runners are set up for a longer path into the engine. This creates more air turbulence, creating a supercharging effect, and helps ensure a greater air-fuel mixture and more efficient combustion. At the higher RPMs, the intake path is shorter, which creates less resistance and lets the air flow more efficiently into the engine.

>500$ first offer

LaFerrari's V12 has a built-in KERS system, so this engine will only work with hybrid cars that have no transmission like the Accord Hybrid and the Koenigsegg Regera. Meanwhile, the 812's V12 can be coupled to a transmission.

The V12s have had that all the way back to the 550. Doesn't make the engine more expensive. As someone else already said, replacement cost for an F140 is ~$85k. The guy on ebay is obviously just praying the most clueless person with millions of dollars happens to buy it for a "project." It won't happen.

so you're telling me to v12 swap my accord?

>This creates more air turbulence, creating a supercharging effect,

what

>yuropoor sports car
>completely bespoke engine built for the explicit purpose of powering a sports car
>mid engine, four wheel drive
>100% computer controlled automatic
>over a million dollars
>no laptimes

>American sports car (snek)
>literal truck engine that was pulled from a durango
>front engine, rear wheel drive
>ancient 6-speed manual
>150K
>7:01

Welp, everyone in the thread just lost a few brain cells.

Forgot the best part user
>Europoor company got mad and influenced the American sports car's death

If it's the Hybrid version and if you can make it fit, sure.

>>mid engine, four wheel drive
not as god intended
>>front engine, rear wheel drive
as god intended

easy as that

Technology that Ford isn't used to putting in its other production cars, probably

How much is Pagani paying AMG for their V12s?

The AMG M158s are one offs, right? AKA only Paganis use them.

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/profiles/a29780/amg-engine-factory-gt3-huayra/

I don’t think they even know what turbulence is

God bless snek and God bless the United States of America

If only fucking Hennessey would get his act together and deliver the new top speed.

Anything cool or fun is banned in F1. That's why F1 fucking sucks.

it's pure memes

A 90's Ford Explorer has this

>Viper
>Not cancelled

Pick one

Also

>Le ferrari decided to stop producing the viper
Dumb meme

carbon fiber, is short for "my engineers suck at making something lightweight"

>What is supply and demand?

Paying more than 10k for any engine regardless of manufacturer is fucking stupid

A 1991 Taurus Has this.

What else do you suggest they use then?

An '02 Audi has this.

Diesels are the exception.

My old 2000 Nissan Maxima has this, as well as every 80/90s Toyota that ever had a 1G-GE, 4AGE or 3S-GE/GTE.

The owner is probably throwing a 2JZ in the LaFerrari.

I unironically like the sound of that better

We should all try for $500/600/700 the full 3 times.
He's bound to slip up and press accept at some point by accident and someone here will be lucky as fuck.

look up the neon 2.0L magnum SOHC,
its intake runners used the same effect for '''mild supercharging'''

>make something lightweight using aluminium
>use same methods but use carbon fibre
Wow would you look at that the carbon is still lighter who woulda thought

This is going to start a shitpost war but fuck it. You could give $100k to one of the better engine builders in America and he'll build you a pushrod V8 with a 98% identical powerband and weight within 70lbs.

Production cucks...

Did you think you were saying something smart when you spewed out that nonsense?

Protip: it automatically declines offers under a certain percentage of the buy it now

1999 miata has this.

The suspension system is nuts and probably costs a shitload by itself. Engineering Explained did a video on it. Also, lots of CF.

ITT: A bunch of fuckwits who think that the cost of a car is only in materials. R&D, engineering, cost of manufacturing and testing are nonexistent.

Do any of you work in the Veeky Forums industry and aren't just line working plebs?

Manufacturers can charge whatever they want for whatever they want. End of story

What posts suggests that a single person in this thread thinks that?

This is a private sale, has nothing to do with the manufacturer

>private sale
Then it matters even less

Based snek.

research and development

500'000 $ and an afternoon

eeeeh not really turbulence
basically when the air is running to the engine and the intake valves close, that air smashes onto the valves and gets sent back as a pressure wave which will resonate back and forth
by adjusting the geometry and length of the intake runners you can time the pressure wave to come back exactly when the intake valves open so that you get more than just the atmospheric pressure

Unironically thinking that tripfags beat trip 7

>What's the rest of the $390,000 dollars from?
People will pay it, that's all Ford's accounting department needs to know.

Look up Helmholtz resonance and variable length intakes.
youtube.com/watch?v=N-oJ9DHg7KU

Making stuff lightweight is short for ''my engineers suck at making engines''.

I'm pretty sure some US engine builder could build an insane turbo'd 2L with 1000hp for a fraction of the budget. Would definitely be lighter, those Ferrari V12's are HUGE.

>Implying anyone itt has that much money

I am not a tripfag you newfag

My 1993 Ford Probe GT has this and any K-series V6 Mazda does too, it's called VRIS, Variable Resonance Induction System

Durango never got the V10, but the Ram pickup from 1994 did.

Also the truck engine was developed from the Dodge Viper V10

>Also the truck engine was developed from the Dodge Viper V10
Which was developed from the Magnum. The same Magnum that was the only engine option for the Durango.

>Yuropoors
>Anything other than pompous retards
Muh heritage
Much revs
Anybody else noticed that a high revving yurofuck engine sounds like pic related?

>he doesn't like how tools sound

I don't even know what do say, that's just fucking sad.

wtf is this post even supposed to mean?

>Wanting to drive a die grinder

>wanting to drive an overgrown VW Beetle

Green paint
Tartan interior

Main difference is the Ford GT is a beautiful car whereas the Ferrari is an ugly turd.

1000hp 2l's have retarded powerbands and are unusable for anything other than 1/4 mile shit at that level. Even a V8 won't have the same powerband and throttle response as the V12 but close enough.

It probably means some new rich poser totaled it shortly after buying,and that justifies a smug reaction.

nigga a ford focus does the same shit

>durango
>v10

w-what?

Yet the hybrid 1.6L's in F1 are pushing out 800hp without much of a problem, and with heavy boost, RPM and fuel restrictions.

If you combine a 2L V8 with plenty of boost, hybrid support, enough fuel & RPM, it'll have a decent power curve at a fraction of the price of the LaF V12.

>Ferrari engine

youtube.com/watch?v=-7LyJKkuRM8

Are 'raris overrated Veeky Forums? I was looking at their current lineup and they don't have a single mid rear v12 car in mass production. Only FR V8s

>not liking the sound of angry bees armed with dentists drills tearing though fabric
you can keep your misfiring boiling jug fart sound desu

None of these have continuously variable intakes.
My '01 CL has a variable intake but it damn sure isn't continuously variable. Most systems have 2 different lengths they can be set to, some have 3 but they sure aren't infinitely variable.

Fiat - Controlled High Turbulence (1989–92, Fiat Croma CHT)

Miatas have had T-VIS since what, 1996?

Auto decline stops that

The less cars you build the more expensive it is Especially in the first world where labor laws are strict.

In the Ford GTs case they probably don't make much money If any profit at all.

They had to research and design the thing then manufacture the carbon fiber frames and weld the chasis and engineer tall the suspension. Since its not being made in high volume on a line like corvette or fiesta or something all this requires skilled engineers doing the job by hand and these people aren't going to work for free.

Its the same idea with Ferrarro. A high tech car made by hand in low volume costs alot more money to make than the Corvette which uses many GM parts bin parts and GM production lines to reduce costs . Thus the Corvette costs way less than the Ferrarri it competes with which in turn makes it more common and less exciting.

Banned isn't really correct so much as not within the engine formula.

Its liken saying a Chevy cruise has an engine banned from Indy racing.

Technically speaking the Chevy Cruise and Toyota Corolla are both banned from F1.

>when you pretend to be a car enthusiast this hard on the internet
Do your friends browse here or something what retard are you trying to impress

Take a look at the first Audi RS6, Turbo and "fully" (meaning in avertain range) variable inlet trumpets.

soul and pashun

well im europoor car fan, but this guy is right
snek is godmachine with madmanmobile favlors