Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5ZWhTyyNdc
motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ducati/first-look-2018-ducati-panigale-v4-v4s-v4-speciale.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seriously, faggot? Honda, Ducati, KTM and Aprilia use V4 engines. I could be mistaken but I believe the first 3 are 90º ones, while Aprilia basically has a RSV4 unit on steroids.

Other than that, Yamaha and Suzuki use i4s. Yamaha has the well known crossplane engine with the cheeky sound and suzuki has a traditional i4.

You are a raging faggot for not knowing this btw.

Ducati is pretty cheeky with their V4s, the firing order is specifically designed to replicate a twin as much as possible. The new bike should be a blast to ride.

Only if you can afford one. ;____;

Also, Honda's balanced firing order has a delicious sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=R5ZWhTyyNdc

>citation needed

Just Google it you faggot, citations aren't needed for something that's fairly common knowledge.

>Again no proof

>tfw cold as fuck and freezing rain/snow mix all day
>tfw I can't ride my bikes, and my shitty old carbureted truck will not start in this cold
wat do

uber like a cuck

Block heater

legit didn't even know this was a thing that existed. This type of cold is pretty unheard of here

>tfw blown head gasket
Going to have to take a holiday later this week or I'll never have time to wrench either.
Life is pain.

Are they using a 360 degree crank? Honda did that in the 80s with their v4 Sabre/Magnas.

timing cams and valves and cranks sounds complicated

The cylinders on each bank of their MotoGP bike's engine (as well as the 1409 Panigale) fire with a slight interval from one another.

>Crankpins offset by 70 degrees generate what Ducati calls a “Twin Pulse” firing order. The two left-hand cylinders fire closely together, as do the two right-hand ones; the ignition points are at 0, 90, 290 and 380 degrees. That’s just like the MotoGP Desmosedici, Ducati says, and it gives the V4 Stradale the same distinctive sound. More importantly, that 200-degree lull between ignition events “provides a power delivery that Ducati MotoGP riders deem unbeatable as it provides outstanding engine performance and, therefore, smooth handling, especially on corners and out-of-the-corner stretches.”

motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ducati/first-look-2018-ducati-panigale-v4-v4s-v4-speciale.html

>The cylinders on each bank

Welp, not each bank. My mistake, famalam.

I love that Aprilia is basically just racing an improved version of their RSV4.

I guess Ducati will be too when they come out with the 1000cc version

It bothers me that their prototype has a different frame from the 1199/1299/1409.

Other than that, indeed, it will be so.

EF git out.

I reserved one. Hyped.

how come america has /nogoodtracks/? How can americans even compete?

It has to, the motor is too wide for the same type of frame to be used. The bike would be too wide (for Ducati, at least) so they have that front frame now. Panigales are crazy narrow so they are doing everything possible to keep it that way.

>Life is pain

Welcome to Buddhism.

No, my man, I'm talking about their Moto GP prototype. It has an aluminium... what are those called again? All the Jap bikes have it, as does the RSV4. And, like I have said, the Desmosedici uses it also, instead of the frameless design of the Panigale.

They actually tried that a few years back when Rossi raced for them but went on to drop it despite how competitive the 1199 proved itself to be, which just drives me crazy.

>implying the retards on /dbt/ know shit about track racing

Those of us who do are often called nobikes and liars.
Makes no difference what we say.

I think the Ducati motogp bike has a carbon fiber monocoque frame. It's just a really big box that sits above the front half of the engine.

The japanese tend to use aluminum twin spar frames. They're big rails that go all the way up each side around the perimeter of the bike.

Are you sure? Because that looks like an aluminium twin spar frame to me.

Second pic.

apparently i was looking at shit from 2009. i just went by the first shit that came from my search

Thought as much. That was the one Rossi rode.

The Bolognese stuck with it for a few years but moved on after the monobrow RSV4 designer guy got hired.

They're not using it because that non frame thing the 1199/1299/959 had was trash, nearly every reviewer who rode it criticized the vagueness (and I happen to agree with them) and it's looking to be the only Ducati superbike not to win in WSBK. It was a cute idea but it just doesn't work as well as an aluminum twin spar.

It still has one more chance next year. But yeah, I won't hold my breath.

The tech is new, surely they will perfect it eventually.

whogayhere?

sup

So a guy by me has a 2016 vulcan s going for $5000. I offered him $3600 and he tells me $5k is what a dealership is offering him for trade-in...

...obviously this guy is full of shit right? Also what would you guys put that bike worth?

$3.50 since cruisers are faggot cuckold soybois

>implying

circuit of the americas

KBB trade-in value for a 2016 Vulcan S base is $3500. Doubt a dealership would offer him much more than that, definitely not 42% more. Even the SE and Cafe don't break $4k.

Offer him $3800. If he feeds you the same line, 360 and moonwalk away.

point made, I may be wrong

Circuit of the americas is shit. The left right left right left right followed by like 3 hairpins is fucking retarded

I just want to ride around spa for like 8 hours straight okay

circuit of the americas is the only decent track in that area

more jersey

>Bench racers: the thread

ya got me

i race minis at njmsp

I play Ride and a fuckload of Forza Motorsport 7 in full sim mode if that counts for anything

that kart track in the middle looks pretty dope

what are we allowed to talk about then, oh wizard?

Gross

>nasty ass flab

hopefully the boipussy is crisp because that stomach is appalling

>dressing like a woman

WEW

penises are gay and anyone who says otherwise is a gay

So, I've been riding a Yamaha XT250 for prolly 6 months now, just basic commuting. I'm buying a new bike soon, and I'm pretty seriously considering the C-Spec , also by yamaha. I've read a lot of reviews that say it's a good bike for relatively new riders looking to upgrade and when I sat on it I didn't notice any of the ergonomic complaints that were in those reviews. I'm gonna test ride tomorrow, I was just wondering what you folks think and see if you have any advice?

(I'm also getting it at a pretty low price plus I'm trading in the XT, so my payments will be pretty low)

would get mad upvotes on r/crt/

>embarrassing bikes your want but would never buy

pic related I took my msf class on one and the thing was like sitting on a couch plus the "power" delivery was smooth af for a bike that been dropped a thousand times

you guys know this person looks like a little boy wearing girls clothes right?
you don't even look close to being a trap mate.

How much are you getting for the XT?

still one of the best pictures on the internet

>looks like a little boy wearing girls clothes right?
best kind of trap

Bolt is nice. Do you not ride the XT offroad?

to be fair anzu might not even be human under all that

You guys are obviously gay...
they look like a flat plank of wood.
women have curves and if they don't they end up a lesbian.

I'm getting 2300 for the XT. It has some minor cosmetic damage and the brake lever is broken, so I think that's a pretty fair amount.
I don't really cause I have to take highways to get anywhere off road, and I can BARELY push 60 on it, plus wit it being so light I get pushed around by the wind a lot.

looks like a novelty dessert to me

meant for

First webm I've ever uploaded.
I am excite about the boring.

Thats actually octo most commonly know as crf250 rally user. Also i enjoy fucking traps.

gay

best bike

k

The bolt will be better at high speed for sure.
Will the XT hold 70mph for around 4 hours without issue and fatigue?
I'm considering one to travel on and didn't want a huge bike. But power seems lacking

>Will the XT hold 70mph for around 4 hours without issue and fatigue?
given I have a hard time pushing 60 I'd say no.

Cruiser life best life

ive been more bored

fix your speedo

>i enjoy fucking dudes.

FTFY

Thanks

Would penetrate that boipucci/10
Keep posting

>10/10

r u a retard?
be honest.

He's avin a giggle at ur expense m80

At least I tried.
And if I fix it, you'll be able to tell how fast I'm going.

What year is your XT and what kind of mileage does it have? If it's new enough to get you $2300 at trade in maybe you can sell it for $3000.

those tenders look dry as fuck what the shit

I just want this, but with 50 to 60hp

i like the looks of the cb a bit more. However, you should really try out an r1200r/ninet, before making your decision.

Seem a bit wiggly in the corners mang, should work on just sticking with whatever line you turn into, after you feel your cornering is pretty "flowy" work on actual racing line.

Gud webm!

I got you, my guy.

>r1200r/ninet
a shit

Too expensive and high maintenance

get a $15 chink windshield and your bike will look 10x better.
Stop recording in vertical and stop with the huge black bars when converting your vertical vids for the time being.

stop this behavior.

Definitely wiggly.
I thought I felt the back tire slipping.
It's way cold, and there's a ton of sand and grit left on the roads from the last snow.
I'm normally a lot better at that turn, I just get really worried about road conditions.

is that your oil pressure light coming on?

Ahh yeh, still a gud thing to work on, wanna get to a point where corrections aren't needed.

The ideal motorcycle

>2smoke
I don't wanna run freeway with that.

Side note. What ever became of the CB300X?