/fng/ Fortnite General

Fanart edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

bestmotorcyclehelmetstyles.com/tips-finding-best-motorcycle-helmets/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Next post decides if I buy the limited pack or not.

Buy it goy

rip user's wallet

Next post decides which hero class I get.

I'll be nice: Soldier

buy the ultimate pack after it as well.

>Epic uses ramirez, penny, ken and asian outlander for all of its promos
>Community favorite is Kyle
How does he do it?

When does the game get challenging, or when does progress start feeling meaningful? I've already hit grind walls where my only option is to grind quests to unlock skills to progress the campaign, and every single mission feels identical and stupidly easy.

I don't want to give up on it yet, but holy shit am I bored.

How far in are you

Stormshield 3 or something. I've been playing for like 5 hours.

>fat
>can't run
>loves guns
>builds walls

He's America's favorite son

I think something went wrong with my teleporter

i laff

Stonewood is a god awful slow hell, but plankerton is way better

When are there gonna be new biomes? Gettin sick of lookin at these woods and cities. Ice zones, and Canyon zones would be cool, or maybe a tropical zone.

The normal legendary version of ninja ass sarah doesnt get a facemask at evolution 2 like the limited edition version does.

>buy 4 llama's
>only thing that might have been worth it was a new fireteam lead

When I saw the nice autumnal stormshield I was expecting the rest of Plankerton to be the same. Disappointing.

The zones will match the stormshields at a later date. Zone 3 will have canyons, it was shown on a stream.

>penny steps in
>becomes Giga THICC

post evolved heroes so we can see which ones look like shit

EPIC ASSAULT SCHEMATIC OR EPIC SNIPER SCHEMATIC

i want that ripper/shredder (whatever it was called) but I prefer assault rifles.. but I have "ok" ones now (an epic Raptor and a blue SMG that's amazing)

pls i can't decide

>hey guys I've been playing this game that's supposed to take you years to max everything out in, for the length of a decent foreign movie, and I'm bored because it's not challenging yet
nigga you fucking serious?

the entire first area is a glorified tutorial, just burn through the storyline missions and get to zone 2 ASAP if you want things to get a bit harder

both are good, but shredder is technically a sniper rifle

personally, as someone who mains a soldier, the heavy shotgun in the assault line is fucking ace too

this

Sniper and pray for shredder

So, I want to buy this on Xbox, but I'm nervous that this game will die.

what's the new llama for tonight? is it another weapon one?

people

>Regular People Llama
So how long until a not-shit Llama?

2star tank penny

people, just a normal people

3star centurion wildcat (nothing changed from 2star thankfully)

I went with assault before I saw your posts and got a fucking dupe. That's what I get

into the collection it goes

I wish you could move the model around in preview.

>years to max everything
... I never should've accepted that gift code.

2star support hawk

2star recon eagle eye

2star shield izza

I'll note that all of these are rares, not epics, which may change their evolution order

Why would you want to max everything anyway? Just max the good stuff.

3star legendary jonesey (from 2nd to 3rd he got a badass low profile assault pack)

and I'm out of evolved heroes for now

what does 2star trialblazer quinn look like? she is the purple hero i have that isnt blue or green

>buy 10 upgrade llamas become I'm a faggot
>two legendary and two epic survivors, an epic defender, and finally, FINALLY an epic hero
>it's an outlander
>it's a trailblaster outlander
>specializes in shock towers with a few TEDDY upgrades

Fuck it, using her anyway.

Which heroes do you guys prefer? Personally i cant live without double jump. Wish i had a nigger ninja instead of an ass ninja so i could get 25 energy double jump.

Penny because she is my wife

Constructors always. I love having a base that is strong as fuck and self heals.

She gets a retarded motorcycle helmet. Not a cool face covering one, a really dumb one.
bestmotorcyclehelmetstyles.com/tips-finding-best-motorcycle-helmets/
Kind of like the first one in the link, except worse.

I really like smashing zombies with sledgehammers, so Penny for the 20% base crit on Hardware + Multi. Shame there's no MEGABASE Penny to combine the melee damage benefits of Penny with the MEGABASE benefits of MEGABASE Kyle.

My soldier and my farming outlander. Although ive farmed so much that I prob won't need her anymore and using my points now on a constuctor for BASE.
But my soldier will always be there.

Is there any reason to keep white / green survivors in your inventory or should I just retire them all.

Few reasons:
>For Transformation to Blue things
>For filling spots in your repertoire of Squads when nobody else has a good Personality match/Job match

To be 100% honest all the perks I have I don't find too useful because I can hear chests most of the time and I been playing so long that I have a pretty good idea where they may be if I really needed to open a few. The only thing I like is the shift and the voice lines.

that doesn't stop me form getting top combat damage most of the time but its w/e

post kyle

What legendary Ramirez do you get if you buy the expensive pack?

I want space and raider camps

Well?

Special forces. Very good

BASED KYLE of course

kyle is our husbando so

go with whether you prefer soldiering or building

Moon biome would be dope.

>tfw half your inventory is planks and pebbles after a resource gathering spree
pls stop

yeah I always clear out all but two or three stacks of each when I finish a set of missions where I did any gathering of note

Sarah is a qt but her in game model has weird twig arms

>I can get the co-pilot seat for the helicopter now
>I am weeks away from unlocking the pilot seat which unlocks the helicopter

>They're in space too
It'd be an interesting change of pace. Honestly, here's how I'd change things however.
>Smooth out terrain in Stonewood overall so there's less steep terrain shifts
>Plankerton is now a backwater mess of haphazardly slapped together towns and large swathes of swamp forest
>Desert-theme Canny Valley
>Extremely fucked up super-mountains and deep caverns in Twine Peaks
>The fukken moon as Zone 5

Should I be recycling weapon schematics that I don't use? Just realized you can recycle any schematic for a good chunk of schematic experience.

>Say "fuck it" and waste 1400 V-Bucks on the People Llamas
>1 rolls Silver
>Drops a total of 9 items instead of 7
>Still only 1 Epic
Lesson learned, People Llamas fucking suck.

I picked Headhunter to complete my soldier waifu collection.

What fucking pack gives you 50 founders?

It was a golden upgrade llama.

best route to spend skill points?

>not journeying to the center of the earth as zone 5
>not fighting your way to the mouth of hell and stepping through a portal for spaaaaaaaace as zone 6

focus on unlocking survivor squad slots and backpack storage first, raw stats second, class bonuses for the heroes you enjoy playing third, and star upgrades last

if you're certain you aren't even going to use them, then yeah, I'd recycle them after making sure they can't fit in your collection book

Mad-dash for hero Squad Support OP slot 1. It's the Umbrella. Then from there, get whatever you want, really. Airstrike, Outlander and Ninja Leadership, then get Hero Squad Tactical OP slot 2 as soon as possible and then get your 2* Evolutions.

why is this bullshit allowed? at least 5 people in this general bought

>>not journeying to the center of the earth as zone 5 and then space as zone 6
Not a bad idea, but how about a divergent path?
>After clearing Twine Peaks, your next step is to deal with the Primal Hearts of the storm, Fire, Water, Earth, and Power
>The Fire path takes you to the heart of the earth and is full of Fire Husks with very few normal ones, Mole-people civilizations and Vindertech super-bunkers that make Vaults from the Fallout series look tiny, all long-abandoned
>Water takes you out to sea, island-hopping, swimming, and exploding undersea civilizations
>Earth takes you deep into the jungle and its tribal lands, now turned to Nature Husks
>Each one has a special finale mission (repeatable after quest version finish for lesser rewards and fun) which involves destroying the Elemental Storm Heart in some convoluted fashion
>Beating all 3 opens up a special Super-Rocket mission to get you into space
>Moon features Alien civilizations and Energy Husks as well as Little Green Husks
>Another absurd mission finale

hahahaha

after you buy it, there's a hidden exclusive $99 package that gives you the rest of them

several of us have picked that one up too

After you buy that, there is another version that becomes available called Ultimate Edition. Costs 100$ more. Gives you all the limited edition heroes.

I bought that. You mad?

They can charge whatever they want

>implying i bought it
I bought vbucks in closed alpha
They gifted me the limited edition based on how much i spent
and even gave me 30% more vbucks so i went from 9k to almost 12K vbucks.
Truly a steal of a deal

what does limited edition penny look like?

I go for stat upgrades (offense the rest is w/e) star upgrades for the things I use and then squad slots for fire team/assault team

Rate my shotgun.

If it's the one I have seen in game, it looks like she is attending an MLP convention.

My quest log defaults to page 1 of Stormwood, and I'm nolonger getting checkmarks as if I'm making progress - although it seems like I am, im getting new quests. Anyone else have this issue? Guess it doesn't matter but I gotta scroll through 25 pages to find my current quest (or go to the map I guess)

She has cat ears

only bad thing about that is recoil

She has a pink outfit and her 2 star evolution gives her cat ears

she is in pink and has cat ears

Like a pony puked on her

Can finally craft this

Is it true it won't actually do more DPS than the silver version because of effective weapon level? I Dunno if I should bother..

Until you beat Plankerton, and unlock the 3rd skill tree, I'm pretty sure.

like a goddamned sorbet

HOLY SHIT YOU WEREN'T KIDDING

this is awful, why the fuck

Are people lamas confirmed bad?

>Am I kawaii onii-chan?

Yes. A few months down the line they might be good for xp/manuals, but keep saving for now.

YES

Do people llamas have heros?

Yes. Everyone in closed alpha even agreed they are shit