Whatcha workin' on thread

Whatcha workin' on thread

Anybody working on anything interesting?

>inb4 everyone on this board just rides the bus on this board

Pic related, I'm rebuilding my 45 year old carbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jpg8x_k4-VM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

trying to install Leather door inserts that don’t want to adhere to the door

making an app to make my new car go faster

Ah fug, even basic upholstery escapes me too man. I'm just putting aftermarket powdercoated door cards

What car?

Trying to mallet this synchro back on my transaxle without it popping back open.

Not fun.

Just fuckin send it, ya cunt

not really, been helping my friend pull the Lt1 from his 94 trans am because it's blown but that's been slow going because the only place to work on it is outside where it's 0 degrees

I feel that in my bones right now. I need to clean my fuel tank before I mount it back up but it's too fucking cold outside.

yeah metal is brittle as fuck right now too we bent a craftsman screwdriver while prying a radiator hose off

I'll have plenty to do when it's not 2°F on my days off

Fuck that, I would probably be cussing and throwing things. I think I'll finally have to break down and get some kerosene tomorrow, fuck winter

what car is that for?

yeah its a pretty bad one, my friend broke his tooth on a wrench underneath the car when he was trying to get a bolt loose for a bracket that was either for the radiator or AC condenser

are those Flex-Zs? I have a set on my is300. They're pretty good for the price.

Man I don't think I've ever had something that bad happen will working on a car. That would be a, "fuck this thing" situation for at least 6 months.

I had a set of street flex on my FD. Tein makes good stuff. I'm struggling to decide what to put on my 240z

Never change aussies

na miata

yeap flex z's, hopefully better than the 23 year old stock suspension

>buy three $500 shitboxes so I would always have something to do
>2002 vulcanshit taurus, fuel pump went JUST this morning and it won't start
>1983 Mercedes 380sel which drives well but is a heartbeat away from btfo'ing itself at all times. heat only shoots out of the defrost vents, brutally melting your face and leaving your feet encased in ice.
>1980 240d bought as a project car. Got a new-looking windshield from pick n' pull for it to pass state safety, will begin prepping it for paint after that.
FUCK I have to rely on a 35 year old gas w126 to get to wagecucking and back

Jesus Christ what? I've busted my knuckles plenty of times, but a tooth? fuck that.

>Pic related, I'm rebuilding my 45 year old carbs

You qualify well for the thread

This is the aesthetic I felt, thank you for this. May my autism clean the carbs well

Pulled the water pump off the 13B AP in my 323 this arvo after seeing some sludge when doing the fluid changes. Not too bad, but not keen to pull the impeller off and will probably just buy a new pump assembly. Steam cleaned the housing in the parts washer after this was taken.
>1/2

It received the high flow upgrade the last time it was worked on.
>mfw
1/2

su hs2?

They're Hitachi 3 screw round tops for a 240z. I'm not sure which SU model specifically

Bro is dat a turbo?

I have one of the $60 jobbies off ebay in my 12a Capella, so far so good

I’m currently replacing my windscreen. Let my friend drive my car and he hit a tree with it. Whole roof has to come off to get it in

Damn that's inconsiderate. What caused him to hit a tree?

Rebuilding the water pump after rebuilding the top end of my DRZ, coolant in oil and all that fun stuff.

Any milkshake gore pics?

Yes, how many would you like user?

Fuggin disgusting user. Thanks lol

Had my dual oil coolers installed while I was on vacation because fuck doing that myself

I still have no project. Having withdrawls and looking for anything to mess with. Im researching putting a B&M shifter on my daily. Also tinkering with spare parts i have for my V8

Oh, but there’s more

Wait till you see what the PO did to the oil drain plug

Noice, very noice. I'm going to order every gasket and seal I can because of this, brb

Looking good, user

I feel that, I decided on not swapping my drivetrain because I was getting withdrawals too. I couldn't NOT drive my car any longer.

I have no idea how it got to this condition, I had to hammer on one of those sockets that takes off stripped bolts, the poor bike was so trashed when I bought it. Someone did throw a big bore stroker kit, mikuni 39mm carb and cams in it though.

Oh my that is top tier gore

I smell gasoline in it as well, so I’ll probably have to go through the carb and replace the petcock too

What in the actual fuck. Fucking previous owners, at least their niggerings get us cheap projects

Eh it's always a good idea to go through the carbs. One of my SUs looks like it was rebuilt recently but I went ahead and replaced everything since I already had the parts

Funnily enough I'm going to be increasing the choke and butterfly size on a pair of Lancia Fulvia HF carbs in the next few days. I'll try to remember to take some pics.

>pic is a thermostat repair on the same engine.

Looking good, user. It pleases my autism to see it cleaned up. My thermostat housing looked as bad when I pulled it, I wish I had taken pics for reference. How did you clean everything?

Sandblasters, I work on turbos for a living and sandblasters do the huge bulk of the grunt work with them, it's fantastic having anytime access to them.

Ah I'm jealous. I have so many issues that sandblasting would solve

If I remember correctly the bolt is magnesium, same as the case so they crack and break pretty easy, especially when they torque the fuck out of it, I’ve seen split cases from over tightening, but for 1000, not a bad deal.
I’m going to go through it all again, the head gasket was blown so I replaced it with mls cosmetic gaskets, but I hadn’t touched the carb yet, it’s such a bitch to get out lol. Here’s another little project, new gaskets and studs for a Ford 6.0.

Yeah, true timesaver.
Also for your cleanness autism, this HDJ61 Land Cruiser had a ridiculous rebuild, ground up with even most basic shit like bolts replaced and the ones he couldn't get he got re nickel/cadmium plated. Reckoned it's cost him about 80k so far.

Sorry, wrong picture, we actually pulled that engine, bored it and put it back together, fucking retarded kids with daddy’s money diesels. Heads were warped and cracked, turbo was dusted, and whoever was in it last didn’t use OEM gaskets. It cost him a pretty penny, but he’s looking at close to 600 hp a little over 1k lb ft now.

Yeah I remember being very careful about torquing to spec when I did oil changes on my (((gixxer))), per everyone's advice.

I once paid 1800 for an 06 CBR1000RR, put 600 on top of that in parts and turned it around for 3800. Niggering can be a wonderful thing for bargains

Ah that's beautiful. Those bolts on the core support are making my pants tight

I fucking despise diesel bois

Kek I’m actually looking at picking up a gixxer next winter, it’s all highways around here and the sv650 runs out of breath around 110.
Diesel bois are the worst, especially those 14 inch wide 26 inch nigger rimz with 2 inch thick tires
>t. diesel boi on stock wheels

The K4 750 is 9/10 would recommend. It sits really far forward so it's not as comfortable but it is nice in twisties.

It's literally worse than camber bois in my book

I was really considering those, just because it’s the 750 in the 600 frame, so you have better power to weight, I’ve also heard they can handle nitrous better, not sure if that’s true or not.
Fuggin kek, I worked with a guy who had nigger rimz on his half ton Chevy, gayest thing I've ever seen, he didn’t regear for the fuck ton of rotating mass either, 0-60 was slower than my 2.5 ranger.

>K4

You can actually squeeze a 1k engine in that frame and turn it into a death trap. Would recommend for the craziest p/w ratio possible

I saw pic related on NYE and considering shooting at it with my ak pistol

He’s thinking maximum safety with all those lights, 1k engine in a k4 frame... hell I don’t like wheelies to begin with

NO

Rescuing the poverty tier s/o/cal fc3c

finally finished

Nah mate no turbs just a 51 IDA.

Bro is dat a 20b?

Cuz is that a joke?

Impressive.. very nice

Oh is a 12a then?

Z50j motor.
Installing a 106cc scut kit and new clutch.

Working in the kitchen, nice. It's too damn cold outside

Not really sure. The car handles like a boat and he’d never drive a manual before. Could have been that. I’m just pleased it wasn’t worse

anyone here have experience doing a cam swap on an LS1?

I have to replace my harmonic balancer and it's only a few more steps to throw a new cam in. All of the shops are trying to rip me off on the install, so I'm inclined to do it myself
I'd like to have a setup similar to this but a bit quieter
youtu.be/Jpg8x_k4-VM