/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition. You got your answer. Don't ask this question again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tesgeneral.com/quests-and-lands
youtu.be/U58gC1EAtMI
youtu.be/SCbiJsasdcU
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24439/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57239/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62609/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5398/?
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10251/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84604/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

posting again for help me make my waifus not old

How is Wyrmstooth? I still haven't tried it yet.

Is it complete? Any patches out for it that i should use?

Is the voice acting good? If it's trash tier I'll probably skip it.

Any other must have quest / dlc mods?

I just want some more content in my game.

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

>How is Wyrmstooth?
Mediocre.

Mediocre like vanilla skyrim or mediocre by mod standard?

>tfw no dominant dunmer gf

The voice acting is pretty bad, the new characters are shit... it's more content but that content is all fairly crap.

I have OpenMW multiplayer installed and I want to try it, do I make a new multiplayer character or do I load my dudes in?

Daily reminder: Always work on your magic skills even if you don't have the talent for the arts

I see.

I have not really tried any quest mods whatsoever.

So feel free to suggest me actually good ones, voice acting is important to me.

Thank god.
The only thing that gets me up in the morning is the pleasant thought that ash niggers don't exist in the real world.

I don't do quest mods, but I hear very good things about vigilant.

>How is Wyrmstooth?
It's alright, feels vanilla but its more well done.

>Is it complete?
Yes

>Any patches out for it that i should use?
Get the tweaks and improvment mod thats on the OP site. It will make it better.

>Is the voice acting good?
It's alright

>Any other must have quest / dlc mods?
tesgeneral.com/quests-and-lands

I NEED MANA

I NEED GOLD SINKS

how reward is it to play a thief when you can make all teh gold in the world just looting things?

I have heard a lot of stuff about Vigilant in these threads as well, I'll make sure to check it out.

Thank u snake man

I'll get the tweaks, I don't really mind if it's similar to vanilla, i just want to fill the game out a bit with some more content.

>needing Mana and not using your staff
whata shitter

youtu.be/U58gC1EAtMI
youtu.be/SCbiJsasdcU

This is fucking cool.

>that running animation

fucking hell

Not the person you were aiding but I'm digging this.

I don't wanna. It's too complicated and the mages I've defeated were all annoying and I don't wanna become annoying by learning magic!
...I COULD give enchanting a shot. I guess. Maybe. I need to find a teacher first.

Vigilant is f u n

especially if you're a dark souls fan

>Any other must have quest / dlc mods?
Notice Board
Vigilant

I do really like Dark Souls, I've soloed every boss in 1-3 (DLC included) and gotten all achievements (to satiate my autism).

that's why studying the arts is important, you can always learn enchantment stuff

with magic, you can buff yourself and lower your enemies def

>Choosing to not play the most up-to-date version just because mods that you're played with for four fucking years won't work if you do.

It's been years, guys. 64-bit is worth it.

Magic is for pussies

that goat has sexy jammies

Why is everything improved by putting it in morrowind?

Get Bottomless Pit. It's fantastic.

Are there any mods which let me block arrows with a shield without the perk? You get the perk pretty late and arrows are pretty deadly early on

does 64 bit make the game good cause skse and enb do

Which waifu has the smelliest farts for me to indulge in?

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24439/?

Get complete crafting overhaul and turn coins into rings/jewelry to level smithing

Training at higher levels can easily reach 4000+ septims per level so you can spend 20,000 or more for five levels.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57239/? Adds in taxes to act as a slow but steady drain on your income.

I wish I knew of more but sadly I am in the same boat where I really, really, REALLY want more interesting things to spend money on in the game. I know I could just dump the money in the ocean or something but that's jus tnow fun or interesting.

Can you give me a quick rundown of how the story starts?

what can I do if I want to use spears?

speeeeaaars

Anne and Maxeen

Screw you pally

yep, currently doing all that as well as higher prices

I can get through defenses just fine.

I considered it. I went through my modlist, and a lot of mods that need SKSE I could live without. Others have ports.

But then I realized everything would be configured with spells and powers, and it would take forever. Why can't people just go back to .ini files?

>skse and enb
>Suddenly improves the combat and magic mechanics

No it doesn't.

Maxeen

Get Spears by Soolie Reanimated working

says the archer that needs distance to attack your enemies. Now go fetch that stick

they aren't pjs

Another branch of the Vigilants of Stendarr(that didnt get meme'd by vampires) is looking for new recruits. You and your senpai begin doing various investigations into issues with daedra and other minions of the princes.

The whole thing branches over 4 different chapters, each playing differently and having a different story. The fourth chapter is the big one that everyone remembers because its huge and incredibly well done.

>Get Spears by Soolie Reanimated working

how? I can never get that pile to work properly

Anne. Her diet consists mainly of lard, butter, and sweetrolls.

I read the post you linked but I didn't see the words you quoted, can you point out who said them?

Morrwind.

That looks like a small and fun mod, I'll add it thank u friend.

Ah yes I've always wanted to run through Bleak Falls Barrow for the eightieth time only with worse than vanilla graphics and even jankier movement controls at less than 20 frames per second. Bravo Morrowind wins again.

Shit, that's lame. Why did the mod author have to choose the singularly most boring faction in TESlore?

Dedicated casting button and levitate though.

It's actually pretty fucking cool, he makes Vigilants pretty neat, and the whole thing is pretty well written(well, except maybe part 2)

Give it a whirl, I doubt you'll regret it

>Why did the mod author have to choose the singularly most boring faction in TESlore?
I think you just answered your own question

No problem, it's exactly what you think it is.

Sorry is that offensive slang for Khajiit? Is being called a rug preferable?
The vigilants seem a whole lot less lame in this mod. Besides, the faction itself isn't really involved so much in the bulk of the content that makes the quest mod great.

they are now

>the singularly most boring faction in TESlore

Correct.

Magic is also fired from a distance.

is that fucking goblin thing in your picture supposed to look good

I wish summons weren't so fucking useless

what? I want you creepy goblinfags to fucking leave. everything isn't a goblin for you to fuck.

bounded weapons aren't

I blame Maxeen and Haar

huh? what'd I do this time?

Wha?

Does anyone here use Enhanced Landscapes? How does the regular marsh look in EL without the dead trees option? I just got dyndolod working and I can't decide which one I want.

>goblin thing
what?

You drank too much and not we're up to our balls in jugglers.

That's all I know of.

If I wasn't working full time, and had anything REMOTELY close to artistic capabilities I'd probably try to add in some special merchants selling interesting collectibles and uniquely modeled equipment, but sadly between my job and the fact that I couldn't texture a brown paper bag, it'll never be.

I actually planned out an interesting mod once, with a merchant who sets up shop in Skyrim selling incredibly unique wares ranging from the 'pretty but useless' to the 'mysterious and powerful'. I had the merchant programmed in, but I could never model/texture worth a damn and I didn't want to steal assets from other mods to populate my own. Moreover I wanted the merchant to look the part of a purveyor of exotic goods; the goal was something similar to the Happy Mask Merchant, or one of the mysterious 'needful things' type shops. But I could never find a cart or bag that looked the part.

I made a quick proof-of-concept mod, a merchant with an array of expensive equipment but since none of it was unique or interesting at the time I gave up on it back in 2014.

I don't deny the drinking thing but I will not take responsibility for goblins of all things. I want no part of this new meme.

but she's fucking ugly

Well, yeah. But you didn't ask for a pretty waifu. You asked for smelly farts. Anne's gut is full of the stuff of nightmares, the remnants of the disgusting fifteen course meal she wolfed down greedily.

>not liking magic
I bet you can't even make ghost deer.

You'll enjoy Vigilant then.

hmmm, well i suppose that makes up for the horrible face

is there a mod that adds lodes books with good stories to random merchants?

i'd love a good read + a gold sink

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62609/?

This is the best I've come across. It has animations but only for power attacks.

They're pretty weak though

cute deer

would adventure with

It's not just farts either. Imagine the body odor - the disgusting sweat and filth accumulating in the folds of flab covering her body. Her foul odor could make a dragon retch and a draugr vomit.

I don't make deer, I kill deer. Real ones taste better anyway.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5398/?

>auto, quick and normal save crash the game in Skingrad/Inn/that room from the alchemist
>everywhere else it works just fine
what's up with this location

how expensive are the books and would this transfer over fine to SSE?

>play meme version of game
>get memed on

i'm ok with getting memed on

There's a mod that adds a bookstore to Solitude, though books aren't exactly very expensive, it's something to sink gold into.

I actually made a mod a while back that lets me melt down coins into gold bars. A Roman Aureus made from pure gold was ~8g, so you'd be looking at ~125 coins for a kg of gold. The global standard size of a gold bullion bar traded today is ~12kg, which works out to ~1500 coins. I made it so 500 coins could be melted into a gold bar, since the value of a gold bar in CCOR is 500 coins. Then, I created a new ingot called Gold Bullion, which can be made with 3 bars of gold and has a value of 1500 coins, for the purpose of being sold to merchants.

I don't know and it's risky. From what I've heard, using mods that were created with the 32-bit creation kit can cause any number of issues from save bloat, to save file corruption, to outright CTDs even when there shouldn't be.

You can try it just back up your saves and be aware that it could potentially ruin your game later on after you've put dozens or hundreds of hours into a character.

I'm pretty sure CCOR already has 'smelt coins into gold bar'.

Is there a 'rain replacer' for ENB similar to the snow one in the OP site?

Everyone says Ulfric is "power-hungry", "racist", and there's quite a few claims (outspoken or otherwise) that he's on some level a coward. "Only cares about Nords" but he'll let any race join his rebellion and even declare them one of his officers if they prove useful enough, so as it stands we never actually see his supposed racism in-game... his one big speech near the start suggests he really cares about Skyrim and is enacting his rebellion not SOLELY for the sake of power. By the end of the Stormcloak questline, the only inkling of him being power-hungry comes when he states to Galmar in confidence that he's fully aware he's already going to be declared High King, despite the fact that he's waiting for the Moot to convene to demonstrate his "respect for tradition".

So, why is Ulfric generally seen as a "bad guy" and a racist, just because he's a politician with an interest in preserving Nord culture?

stop posting this.

nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10251/?

neat, tis already been brought over

>So, why is Ulfric generally seen as a "bad guy" and a racist
Reddit

Has the back right leg of werewolf sprint animation ALWAYS been fucked up and I've somehow never noticed? I've looked all over and I can't seem to find a fix for it. I'm wondering if I've never noticed and it's been a known thing since launch.

That can't be the case right? I have a 100% fresh installed on this new pc and it's wigging the fuck out. Am I crazy /tesg/?

I meant in-game as well. He seems to be suffering from a lot of gross misrepresentation, there are way worse people in power, like Siddgeir. Is it just safe to assume he's the target of a smear campaign on account of having killed the High King?

Who calls him racist in-game?

Duh, the media is controlled by the Thalmor.

fug why haven't i heard of this before nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84604/?

thanks brojewal