There it is

There it is
The very end of Australian car manufacturing

"The final Commodore-based model has rolled off HSV’s assembly facility in Clayton, Victoria, drawing to a close 30 years of the company"

The last 300 special edition W1's used a dry sump supercharged LS9 mated to a 6 speed manual (only) and many more high end performance bits including V8 supercar inspired suspension and massive brembo brakes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mvf5uIDlLFM
youtube.com/watch?v=fvSbk2ascpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is Holden dying off? Seems like they made way better cars than chevy

>

Becauee GM owned them and didnt see the point in keeping a small satelite company open even though the South Australian plant was one of GM's top 3 most profitable plants in the world

That just seems stupid though, if they were making money why would they consider it a good decision to close it? It’s not like holdens weren’t selling or anything, hell the SS became quickly sought after as soon as it came over here.

Has it been around the nuremberg ring?

no but it has gone to Burger King, or for ozs Hungry Jacks

they tried to get the government to give them more money by writing everything they could off as a Holden Loss

example, they bought daewoo through holden, then holden gave the company to GM, and GM wrote it off as holden losing a pile of money

they played chicken with the Australian government by claiming the factory made no money and they needed government funding, and the gov called their bluff. basically every car manufacturer gets government payouts to support their factories

imagine being GM and some little minor factory made consistently better cars than your main companies? the Holden commodores were comparable to BMWs more than they were to malibus or whatever gay shit GM was selling

>not selling
every single HSV made in 2017 was sold before it was off the production line, same goes for most of the SS commodores and SS-V commodores.
easy to make the sales figures look bad when they are not producing as many cars...

They did the same thing here but our government actually gave in. That’s pretty fucking scummy to try to pull the wool over a foreign government’s eyes when they’re already making a ton of profits in general. Sad that gm is such a shitshow that they’ve killed off Holden, they make better cars than any of GM’s divisions.

Yeah that’s true, people here were cross-shopping the SS and the 5 series. I guess holden got the maserati treatment which is pretty sad because gm vehicles are mostly boring cuckboxes by comparison.

Yep, I’m sure HSV’s would outsell most Chevy’s on the dealership lot if they were brought over here. Who knows maybe with time they’ll pull their heads out of their asses and resuscitate Holden.

AFAIU GM Murika was made up of 3 different components: North American plants for big stuff, GM Daewoo for rebadged small stuff and STRAYA for the big sedans.

Didn't have the volume to compete, big sedans are a dying market segment and GM didn't want to deal with unions here either.

you either die a true successor to the m5 or see yourself become a manufacturer of nothing but crossovers

That’s a good way to put it, I guess this isn’t a bad way to go.

;(

>full size sedan
>na
>v8
>rwd
>4 door

No wonder it wouldn't sell.

>supercharged

imagine if gm just let holdens sell as holdens in america

imagine if they did it back when the gtr-x was announced then cancelled by big daddy gm

wasnt even just a mock up concept car holden was intent on building that thing but GM would not allow the production cost.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvf5uIDlLFM

FUCKING
THREADS

fucking how many last holdens are there jesus christ

>small subcompany makes better cars than the rest of the company so the rest of the company sabotages them

Mercury, anyone?
How about a Saab?

youtube.com/watch?v=fvSbk2ascpQ
>tfw grew up with a VT as the family car
RIP Commodore, you'll always be in my heart...

Valiant..

rip v body

They did sell tho.

had supercharged options for the last 16 years or so and plenty of aftermarket from USA GM.

Blame retarded immigrants buying shit cars the last 5-15 years and killing local industry with cheap imported shit as well as corrupt unions, politicians and a bunch of other factors outside of GM Aus control like pressure from USA

Me, my dad and my 3 bothers all drive commodores. Dad's had about 4 and I'm on my second. One day all have an LS3 VF sedan. I just hope to God they don't become stupidly valuable.

MORE THREADS

pretty $1cK looking desu

Thank fuck u shitters go back to school next month

One of the biggest ones for Ford Aus and Holden was the introduction of FBT which made owning a Hilux cheaper for a company than a Falcon or Commodore so fleet sales died and neither of them ever recovered.

I just don't see why I'm can't bring the new alpha platform back here in rhd

Fuck sake

Volume, without fleet sales, particularly in Aus there is no volume to support the effort, remember they have to do stupid shit like crash a fuckload of them to confirm somehow they didn't magically become dangerous in the RHD conversion and then go through all the same emissions bs they already did in the US to sell a few thousand units a month.

that's damn good

So basically besides the hsv Camaro it's a still on? Fuck fuck fuck

>>small subcompany makes better cars than the rest of the company so the rest of the company sabotages them
>saab
How exactly were their rebadged opels better than Buick's or now-even Holden's rebadged opels? GM axed saab because they already had a brand who's badge moves more cars to sell rebadged opels under and its completely redundant to have another.

>make badass supercharged LS with manual only
>in the biggest cucked car enthusiast country in the world
fuckin kek how stupid, im sure they've all been crushed by now because the car is naturally too loud.

There was a time before they were forced to build global platform cars

Eh, speak for yourself, Australia has a couple of the last round the houses races in the world.

Holden died back in October
HSV for Holden is like the death of AMG

The laws might be shit but that doesn't deter people much. However I doubt any of the w1's have even been on the road yet. Too valuable to drive.

aussie thread?

should i buy a r33 gtr or a ve maloo?

HSV tourer. Failing that get the maloo and skid the fuck out of it.

Maloo. Easy choice my man. If you can afford the vf get it.

t. Maloo user

Ive seen one limiter bash at Sydney airport and it was wonderful
Although havent seen any others only a few standard gtsr's

What's the difference between a standard GTSR and the W1?

He embarrassed himself by doing that and you thought it was cool

W1 has the dry sump LS9 with other things wheras the GTSR is just the standard GTS LSA tuned a bit harder

Post maloo

K

This, love the vfs.

t. chebby SS user

You need to take a new photo. You over my way for summernats?

>Becauee GM owned them and didnt see the point in keeping a small satelite company open even though the South Australian plant was one of GM's top 3 most profitable plants in the world
They were the plant that made a lot of parts for some GM cars that don't exist anymore as well. The G8 comes to mind. It's just not worth keeping them around anymore.

How bow dah? Nah mate I wish, up at work at the moment a couple of lads I know road tripped thier maloos over there though.

qt

Noice. Tell them to keep an eye out for a VE with anime girls on it or an autistic looking Civic.

Haha nice one will do. I'm only sporting a wat sticker at the moment to give me away. You can see it in the top left if you look closely.

subtle/10. I like it. I've got a WAT on my rear windscreen in yellow (to match the brakes). I should really get around to putting the Wat Racing banner on.

They sell banners?

Aussie cunts. I want to buy an adventura. How does all the 4x4 gear stand up after 200,000km?

Wat does yeah. After posting I finally decided to throw mine on. It was a fucking bitch lol.

Noice one bruv. Shame the Ute has so little window space to show off my autism.

m8 why do you think I bought another car? The Civic was primarily bought so I could plaster it with autism.

they never let us do what we wanted either
we had to beg for v8’s and shove them on Opel platforms

Shit and the v8 one gets better economy than the v6

Good point, gonna have to buy a civic now.

Fug. Looks like I'm getting a poverty normal wagon

>convertible
>turbocharged
>v6
>awd
>2 door

I hate cars like this.

Do it. Embrace the autism.

I want to fuck all australians in the ass

>ctrl f
>falcon
>1 value

Barra trumps commodores.
Ive only ever owned commodores but fg xr6t is the greatest sedan made in australia.

I-it's not like I'd like that at all BAKA!

More likely just nobody wanted to spend fuel on them. I know dudes who drive their wife's car to work and only use their car on the weekends.

Too bad about the interior though.

Yeah its a shame the interior got left 10 years ago
And even that was just a facelifted BA 15 year old interior

get a monaro user.

any ideas what importing a holden to the uk might be like? afaik we have monaros but nothing else

>fg
>not bf
ur wrong

What Holden? You'd probably be better off just buying the BMW equivalent desu

what absolute cucks

fuel isnt even that expensive here for fuck sake its 50-100 a tank a week at the worst

Vauxhal or whatever do some of the hsvs