/hg/ - Halo General

The Big Chill Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 "Operation Spearbreaker" and Serina DLC packs are available now for $5.99 seperately, $9.99 as a package, or at no charge for season pass owners
- Operation Spearbreaker is a 2-mission mini campaign where players take command of an elite ODST squad to stop a Banished plot
- Serina is a new leader available for multiplayer with her own unique unique units, leader powers, and blitz cards
- Both DLC packs come with their own obtainable achievements

>Latest Halo Community Update:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/hot-drops-flag-caps

>Important Halo Links and Notes (under reconstruction)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>>>news

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScA51tQagKuagzco0hwmw3o1K_2XCizkCrrekj-8aD47CL87A/viewform?c=0&w=1&includes_info_params=true
youtube.com/watch?v=j4rIW-w0_DI
youtube.com/watch?v=QvfTuJ_JEa8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wonder whats going through that marines head right now.

I like the new ice units in Wars 2

3rd for Serina is not OP, people just need to git gud

Cyro Troopers are literally my favorite thing ever

Probably just a brainfreeze

>this thread
First the Banished... then... THE WORLD

I would say that Serina as a whole doesn't need a nerf, but the Bison specifically does seem a bit OP imo. The problem is I can't think of a way to nerf it without making it useless.

The current voting session in the Halo Map Tournament will remain open throughout the night.
Make sure to get your votes in.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScA51tQagKuagzco0hwmw3o1K_2XCizkCrrekj-8aD47CL87A/viewform?c=0&w=1&includes_info_params=true

Love me!
LOVE MEEEE!!!

Shit sucks. Side Winder is better
>No gay gravity lifts everywhere

>Better bases

>Ice. Still mad nobody can make working ice. Made vehicle combat fun on it and unique

>Middle area is better for CQB and not a random room with another gay gravity lift

>Teleport bases are bigger and good areas.

>Big. Vehicles are good.

Fuck Bungie for legit cucking thier own damn. And that's that!

By those standards Ice Fields would also be better...

>warthog wars on sidewinder with those CE physics
Good fucking shit. Sometimes the hogs would launch literally like 30 feet into the air.

I guess I'm in an invariable minority when it comes to standoff and valhalla. Well I don't care. Standoff will always be a better map in my mind. Plenty of space to do battle, but the bases are close enough that you don't absolutely need to utilize vehicles to make an assault.

The pit is 7/10 at best, /hg/ confirmed for shit taste.

(YOU)

The pit is literally a top 5 halo map

Too big

If this thread lasts the night, I'll consider posting my declicious foot in the discord

I miss /gowg/

Well?

I'm serious, it's fine but I can't think of anything special about it. Didn't even know it was considered to be so good.

What do you like about it, if I could ask?

People need to learn to build snipers

>Ice hellbringers
Let me guess, they completely missed the opportunity to put in a line of dialogue about hell freezing over.

>T for Teen

I know, the concept art specifically is pretty brutal, that one with the head coming off, and the one in OP showing the flash frozen marine eerily stopped dead in his tracks.
Hope we get Ice weapons in Halo 6

Would ice weapons even work?

What do you mean? Exploding supercompressed liquid nitrogen (or colder) capsules one something could be detrimental.

Also just read that actual freeze rays are a thing, lasers that can instantly flash freeze shit.
So yeah, probably.

were it so easy

>adding the looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad again
It was taken out of the OP for a reason and it was gone for months before some retard added it back again. All of those websites are dead. halolfg lost 90% of its people from xbox clubs, new discords, and general lack of interest.

halocustoms even has its own discord server but that server is fucking dead because of the lack of people that actually joined. halolobbies isn't even a real website anymore. It's listed on the marketplace. All that should be in the OP for that section if it's gonna continue to be here is links to discord servers and reminder to join Halo related clubs on the xbone.

I'm also wondering why you removed xboxclips website from the "Xbox One clips and screenshots"

I also remember there being an user who asked when the pastebin would be updated last thread so I'll get to work on that.

Could be neat

I want plasma rifles to come back with the stun

This is sad to think about. The community used to be so vibrant.

LFG is a much better option desu.

The attach rate of the most dedicated fans didn't really drop off a cliff, it steadily declined at a normal rate due to people simply growing up and moving on from being dedicated to any game.
The bigger issue was there was no replacement population. The younger generation kept showing less and less interest starting from 2009ish all the way to the present. Today, most teenagers don't even know about halo outside of name. I realize some may see the silver lining in this as a lack of babbies, but you really need that underage influx to stay relevant. Most people leave the AAA scene aftter college.

TL;DR the growth of COD has a lot more to do with the fall from grace than any direction the games themselves took or any substance they implemented. The post COD 3 series provides a formula that simply is too addicting for casuals to compete with. It's an itch that can't be scratched by anything else.

>that fucking new duck hunt minigame at 2:08
youtube.com/watch?v=j4rIW-w0_DI

You talk about muh campaign and muh multiplayer but what i'm looking forward the most for Halo 6 is definitely Forge+customs. Hopefully they'll get their shit together and release it fully functional and with customs browser ready at launch.

I think medium ranged maps work well for Halo 3. You can wield both the AR and BR and be effective on the map. The walled off areas make for good 1v1s, but the size of the map also keeps thw sword from being too OP. Even the person that gets overshield is kind of a sitting duck.

I will care less about custom games if the game is designed around advanced mobility esports play.

Thank you, user

Never noticed the sky was dark on that side of the map

Did you even read my post? Who gives a fuck about MP. You don't even know what you're talking about because all those advanced mobility only helped enrich custom games potential and it's possibilities.

Yeah, no. Abilities change the entire sandbox of the game and thus affect custom games.

>Did you even read my post?
Uh, yes? How could I-
>Who gives a fuck about MP
Um, user?
>You don't even know what you're talking about because all those advanced only help
Ok user, stop, stop.

Custom games. CUSTOM. GAMES.
Do you guys even read? Have you even played custom games at all? There's dozens of games that wouldn't be as fun or even work at all without sprint, clamber or all the 100s of weapon variants. You're hate posting just for the hell of it without putting any thought into it, if you wanna boycott abilities on competitive multiplayer then that's fine, i support you but they're fine for custom games.

>CUSTOM GAMES CUSTOM GAMES REEEE

Compelling argument.

Hard to argue when you haven't put one yourself. And no, "muh options" isn't an argument. The fact is that adding all those shit abilities takes dev time away from the rest of the game, and the advanced movement meme changes how weapons are balanced and thus the way custom games are played. For example: the sniper rifle. It's easier than ever to use and thus has ruined games classic games like Duck Hunt since it's so easy to kill the humans now.

Well thank you for finally putting some brain into it. Yeah you got a valid point but to be fair, the sniper rifle has been casual friendly since a couple of games ago and even if it's an auto kill on H5 so what, it's not like it makes duck hunt unplayable. Custom games are just for fun, strict weapon balance comes to second term.

user, you're entitled to your own opinions. If you think custom games are the end all be all then it's fine to think that way. What people are calling you out on are when you make absurd statements like "nobody cares about mp". Your opinion is your own, but you have to accept that. Don't pretend that you speak for anyone but yourself.

Neither of you is making halo 6 so this is all pointless

>freeze rays and shit

Are we overwatch now?

It's a friendly discussion, user

>retail copy
Hnnnnnng I want it /hg/.
I want it badly.
I think I'm gonna do it

Before you buy, user, ask yourself this: do you like this shit in your COD 4?

This shit has killed videogames

That's one sexy looking box, i already own the IW bundle but i might buy the MWR-only version when it gets a big price drop.

The campaign is great though.

youtube.com/watch?v=QvfTuJ_JEa8

Remember that time when we were gonna make our own trailer? I'm kinda sad we never did

It's never too late to start

I HEARD U LIEK SWORD ELITES?

....AND NO HEALTH!

Will we visit beautiful landscapes like this in Halo 6?
Also, remember that Halo teaser with the poncho when the Xbone was revealed? Didn't people speculate it was supposed to be set in the Ark?

>playing on legendary
>checkpoint just as first camo elite comes through a door
>die once
>instead of camo elite and normal waves, spawns 3 sword elites and the camo at once

>only have AR left

>the campaign is great
Yes I know. I've been playing it for 10 years

Git Gud

People speculated a lot of things

Woah

august 15th

(subject to revision)

I can make it

roster change when

already changed

that image was outdated before the first tourny even began

whats the current roster then

Apparently the teams will be slightly different but I haven't heard anything about actual rpster changes. In other words, other people that missed out will get to play but I don't know if anyone is being switched from red to blue or vice verca.

all of those people are gay and have shit taste in halo games

Never

Uploading now
>Halo Audio Dramas
>Halo Comics
>Halo Movies
>Halo Novels
>Halo Soundtrack
>The Art of Halo

It's going slow but it should be ready by the time this thread hits its limit

why did they do it /hg/

Nice work user.

Mocap.

PC section when

Whitewashing.

>Halo: Combat Evolved
>Halo 2 Vista
>Halo 5: Forge
>Halo SPV3
>Halo: Online

We should have gamenights on PC. This is Halo general, not xbox general

The mocap actress is chinese, how is that whitewashing?

By making the character look way more white than even the actress.

I don't even know what this woman is supposed to be, race mixing was a mistake.

Halo started showing decline in population when major changes were made, Reach.

Furthermore, with Halo 4, it was a CoD copy-paste. Most gameplay changes there, if not close to all, can be found in CoD.

Let's face it, if you want to play CoD, you're not going to play a poor copy-cat.

Halo 4 tried to bring in the CoD-population by trying to be CoD.
Halo players got turned off because it wasn't Halo-enough.
CoD players already had CoD to play.

AAA titles nowadays aren't playing with good gameplay to retain a large population. They're doing the "trickle grind unlock" crap where you grind to get a target item, then grind some more for the next target item.

Looks like a white version of that ugly mexcan lady from the Fast and the Furious and Resident Evil.

>Halo started showing decline in population when major changes were made, Reach
This is false. As COD got more popular, Halo got less popular. Even as early as late 2008 when World at War dropped, the halo franchise was already far feom its peak player counts of 2007/early 2008, and COD4 had been sucking the playerbase away slowly this whole time. A bigger drop occured when Modern Warfare 2 released in 2009. If you combine the Reach numbers with the 3 numbers, there were actually more people playing Halo games in the first year of Reach than in the last year and a half of 3's tenure. This total halo playerbase suffered more population drops every time a call of duty dropped.

What she's supposed to be is on my dick

Good points. People always forget when they look at the Reach numbers that it was splitting the playerbase with people who preferred Halo 3. In fact, Halo 3 remained a relatively populated game until 2012. I think a lot of traditionalists were holsing out for hope in Halo 4, and only then was their spirit broken.