Tyre Thread

I'm currently on Hankook Ventus's on my wrx, but my stepdad has recommended Kumho saying they're the best tyre's he's ever driven on (He drives a Saab 95 but used to race and drives like a fucking lunatic so knows a bit about grip)
Is he right? Is the difference between a decent tyre negligible?
What does Veeky Forums ride on?

>currently on Hankook Ventus's on my wrx
>stepdad has recommended Kumho saying they're the best tyre's he's ever driven on
>He drives a (((Saab 95)))

Embracing the wigger lifestyle, I see...

I have sawa eskimo slavshit bottom barrel tires and they're alright because I don't dagumi

>recommended Kumho saying they're the best tyre's he's ever driven on
>He drives a Saab 95

i would just go ahead and disregard any further advice he gives you

>kumhos
>Saab 95

Is your dad a bogan?

I rock Khumo KU39s on my Daily, From a stick to price point they're great tires. better than a cheap pair of Bridgestones

It depends which Kumho. It's a legit brand to get something decent on the cheap, but there's a difference between a real snow tire and close enough.

Hankook VentusII on my tarbo hoonmobile. Linglong $29.99/each chinkshit on my beater.

Wrx came with BFG comp2s which are really good

I ran a set of Continental ContiPro Contacts or something like that once on my Impreza. They were alright I guess for the price, but underwhelming.

But considering how well the car does in the snow with pretty average tires, that's hardly a shining endorsement.

Michelin or continental

General G-max asymmetrical tires. They grip great and have way better treadwear than my old potenzas. My main complaint is the extreme amount of fucking road noise. This is a 2015 car and its just road noise central. They are also like $100 each though so I cant complain too much.

If you're looking for snow tires, stick to Bridgestone. The Impreza+Blizzak combination is more than a meme. I put Kumho's on my Subaru, but this is because they're the only good 185/70R13

I had kumho extas and they caused me to snap oversteer and lose grip all the time. Wayy too hard rubber.
Now I have hankook ventus v12 and I like them a lot. Grip okay but they are really predictable when they let go.

rly? Which Ecsta? I did the LX and I kind of liked them because they would wait until you're close to the edge before starting to give and squeal a bit so that you knew where the limit was before going over the line.

Had hankook ventus evo2s. The rears are still on but went through 2 sets of fronts from local canyons. Trying out federal 595rsrr’s for the fronts, for the price I couldn’t pass it up.

I've had kuhmos 3 times. twice on my q45 because the first set didn't last long so I chalked it up to me driving the barge pretty hard. second set I drove a lot easier and only got another 3k out of them. my third set is on my truck only because they were the cheapest in this size that I could get.

My perspective won't be that useful because I've only previously had run-flats on my 3 series that were loud af. Now I have Kumho Exta's, and I think they're pretty alright. I'm happy with my purchase.

>I like powersliding, a lot.
>My car is an NA miat with 1/4-mil miles + an LSD, but maybe 110hp at best.
>I just installed a set of Sumic GT-As in November.
>The whole set was under $170 shipped to my door.
I have never been happier w/ a set of tires. They break loose very easily but allow for great control over slip-angle.

Enjoy spending $700+ on a set of tires that only last 8k miles, other miatafriends, but you can't keep a powerslide going all the way through intersections in the dry then smoothly hit a lane w/o the rear penduluming back the other way.

$35 Chinese tires a best.

Pirelli P7 Cinturato for summer, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 in winter.

The P7's are the best summer tires I've owned, but since I got them in 2013, they're starting to show some wear. Probably changing them out next season or the one after that.

The R2's (studless) are fucking great and I would handily recommend them to anyone looking for controllable, stable and grippy studless winter tires. They're also the best winter tires I've ever used in the rain. Only downside is some road noise and the price. Well worth it.

Hankook ventus s1’s are excellent tires. Kumhos aren’t as good.

came here to ask about the R2's. Strongly considering it, but a set is not cheap. Probably around $700 for my outback

I actually enjoy having traction on the road.
>pendulum back the other way
Doesn't happen with grippy tyres on a miat.
Enjoy your inferior grip.

Honestly, 700 a set is a lot. I got mine for 450 but my tires are 195/65, so probably smaller than yours. Dunno about your monetary situation or the price levels where you live, but as for the tires themselves they are really good and easily recommendable. I live in northern Scandinavia and I have nothing but praise for them in both snowy, icy and rainy winter conditions. They also got top marks in virtually all the tests here when they were new.

I just put a set of these on my shitbox, how fucked am i?

you’ll be fine man
they are about 33 bucks cost price and all chinkshit is chinkshit desu

Zeta and pace have the exact same patterns and shit. The one you got probably has 7 other brands with identical tread patterns