ENOUGH with the RWD/AWD masturbation

ENOUGH with the RWD/AWD masturbation.

Bring me positive opinions about FWD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_fC5qtXIybA
youtu.be/4ZN1aP1o_m8
youtube.com/watch?v=NgS93jelnzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With the right set of tires, they're based in deep snow.

Most fuel efficient
Cheapest
Second-easiest to drive in snow
Compact allowing for lots of interior space

Excellent DD qualities, but just not the best for "fun" cars.

They're good for normies who finance econoboxes and people who don't give a shit about their car and don't even understand the difference between fwd/rwd/awd. Because they're cheap to produce and compact

For fun/performance they're a shit

They can be fun with the right suspension setup and a differential, most are just not built that way.

They have an even greater feeling of control, since you are operating just the front wheels with your whole body, the motion of the car is more intuitive.

It takes a high level of skill to drive a FWD car fast. Since the front wheels do all the work, you have to balance inputs precisely.

but what about hot hatchbacks? also how old are you and do you own a car

not the guy you replied to, but you gotta admit, any hot hatchback would be twice as fun if it was RWD

i myself have owned FWD, RWD and AWD cars

youtu.be/_fC5qtXIybA

Agreed

They’re great for understeering right into a fucking wall like I hope OP does someday

Dangerous oversteer

Retards thinking they won't crash in their open diff shitbox with tyres the size of a motorcycle and shit suspension

my shitcar can pull 0.95G with better tires

Cheapest
Lightest
Most efficient
Most compact

Best layout unless you're one of the kids who can't drive it so you say it can't be fun.

faster than RWD and AWD

>well designed car vs poorly design cars
If the fords had a quarter of the design that went into the CTR they would be just as fast.

Benchracers hate fwd. Pic related was faster than any other groupe a rally car. And guess what, it was fwd

Hmm is the M2 slower? Nope, it's just faster than Ford shit and that's easy.

*Yawn*

Notice how 6 RWD cars are faster than that Fwd cuckbox?

What year did that win the championship?

They technically make for better daily drivers. There's hardly any difference between RWD and FWD on public roads though.

I dont understand why you FF driving losers just give up hope for getting a superior FR or AWD car and become mad and start sour grapes posting

If you saved up enough cash, you could easily get a car with a superior drivetrain instead of being butthurt and lashing out all the time.

FF car is so much superior that you have so many retards with shitvics understeering into ditches, why all shitvics for sale in facebook groups always have rebuilt statuses lmao

youtu.be/4ZN1aP1o_m8

97 and 98 fia 2liter wrc

>thinks civics aren't some of the best handling cars on the fucking road

'91 DX hatch here

oh and my last car was 320 hp RWD

>muh superior drivetrain

I've never meant the limits of grip in my EF and I've literally been trying to for the last two years. only suspension mods are poly bushings

>positive opinions about FWD.

Okay
>simplest
>most compact
>least drivetrain losses
Yep

>The civic type R was faster than 2 RWD cars.
>And then 6 RWD cars were faster than the civic.
Not to mention it was only faster by 0.2 - 1.4 seconds which is absolutely within any margin of error.

There are plenty of better arguments to make other than:
>if the car wasn't as shitty it wouldn't be as shitty

They make good daily drivers even for enthusiasts, Since they can be stamped out fast there are a plethora of cheap parts everywhere.

Twice as fun but also twice as expensive to produce

youtube.com/watch?v=NgS93jelnzo

>cheaper to produce giving a lower cost vehicle
>weight over the powered wheels without having to go with a rear mount engine
>increase cab space
That's it. No actual car enthusiast should sacrifice rwd/awd for this

25, have owned/built/bought/sold over 30 vehicles since I was 15
This. Best arguement.

Cost twice as much?

>comeonnow.jpg

>a supercharged RWD V8 is only 1/10 of a second """faster"""" than a fucking riced civic
the absolute state of muscle keks

97 and 98 group A were both won by AWD EVOs

fwds are cheap. all of the amateur race classes for poorfags are in fwds. when you can get seicento+rollcage+maybe sports suspension and tyres or ordinary miata for the same money, it suddenly become less of an obvious choice to make. drive your daily rwd car and fear for it or just get a shitbox, remove unnecessary parts, tune it up and race against other car autists, it's obvious which one is more exciting

i own a miata instead of race shitbox, but i'm slowly doing my research on amateur stuff in my country. who knows, maybe in year or two i'll join something exciting

I drove a nice vtec prelude awhile back, it was great fun for city and highway cruisig, and the element of torque steer on sharp turns, most noticeable when turning right at intersections, is kind of fun to predict and handle. Rwd is fun too, they both have their quirks and features and ill give them both good doug scores.

But FWD is still twice as good as NWD.

Stability at speed is one big advantage FWD has, especially in wet weather. It allows for a low, flat floor which is really good for cargo and people hauling/loading (see ford Transit Connect, or any minivan).
It also allows a bit more modularity since only the engine bay and front sus needs to be the same for a given drivetrain, so there is more flexibility in terms of rear suspension and body design and such, and some savings on the development aspect. It’s fairly easy to make a FWD driveline AWD capable (most midsize sedans, Honda Ridgeline, most crossovers) which again cuts development costs. It also allows for rear electric drive if desired, though I don’t know if this has been implemented at all.
A well designed ad set up FWD will resist understeer in most situations, and with a LSD and good design can be basically exempt from torquesteer (Civic type R). As noted above, they can make good rally shitboxes due to driving dynamics.

They don’t tow, plow, or off-road as well as rwd or awd, but that is irrelevant for 75% of the population.

I own Fwd, RWD, and AWD vehicles right now.

RF is the best drivetrain