ITT we post trashy automotive things that people do to their car I’ll start:

ITT we post trashy automotive things that people do to their car I’ll start:
>caliper covers vs just painting them

>mfw ive never ever heard of caliper covers
i've always just properly painted my shit.

>headlight lashes
>wraps on cars under $20k
>trucks lifted 1 foot or more
>pop-up removal/conversion
>chrome anything
>excessive camber (more than 5 degrees)
>fuckhueg wings and aero on fwd shitboxes
all i can think of right now desu

>it's another "im going to make a list of things everyone agrees on but toss in one thing no one agrees with to get replies" episode
Hey look it worked.

>fuckhuge stickers on the windshields that actually remove a good portion of your view
>HID/LED bulb swap into their halogens
>tires/wheels sticking several inches outside the body with no added/extended flares
>overpowered license plate lights
>flashing christmas lights around the car

>HID/LED bulb swap into their halogens
>flashing christmas lights around the car

Fucking triggered

mine are:
>mud flaps on cars that will never go off of a paved road
>mud flaps on cars that are lowered (seriously wtf)
>those license plate covers that are dark as shit
>unironic bodykits on 90's USDM shitboxes that are bone stock
>wings too big for the car
>customized license plates
>MOVE OVER ---> stickers and other unnecessarily rude stickers

>b-b-b-b-b-but muh fwd needs le aero

Aero on pretty much anything driven mostly on the street is stupid to be fair. Also 5 degrees with tire stretch is pretty extreme, like 3 without is about the limit.

Mud flaps/splashguards are paint protectors and are a kindness to people behind you if your rear bumper cover is pretty open. The only stupid ones are those red ultra long ones every WRX owner buys.

I didn't want to target anyone's car but you called me out.

Mud flaps do actually serve a purpose - they make snow drift for the cars behind you less severe, and prevent pebbles kicking up behind you.

Also prevents ice & snow from building up behind your wheels, protecting paint

>unpainted fender flares
>exposed rivets on fender flares
>fender flares on cars with stock engines
>fender flares that block rear doors on sedans
>99% of fender flares

I love a good widebody but holy fuck some car communities are obsessed with fender flares, especially Japanese shitbox owners.

>fwd instead of rwd
>auto instead of manual

Painting your calipers voids your warranty should something happen though

WRX/STI conversions

What's the one thing? He's right on all of them desu

>move over
>rude
Stay out of the left lane except for passing, faggot. If you can't read the signs on the road then you don't deserve a license.

you do realize that there's a difference between a sign and a act of being a faggot?

Which is the faggotry, the person who ignores road signs and hogs the left lane without passing, or the person who doesn't like people disobeying the law?

the one who puts a sticker with a somewhat reasonable message on their car for the sole purpose of getting attention.

If it gets the attention of the left lane hog so that they learn some lane discipline, then it served its purpose.

my w124 has some small mudflaps on the rear wheels, does me going on a gravel road a dozen times a year justify the germans excesses?

>assuming that's what I was talking about
Projecting much?

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums drives a shitbox under warranty

pop up conversions look cool though

I saw a beautiful s2000
jk, it had fuck huge black fiberglass fenderflares and bumper
it looked retarded.

>stickers (ever)
>steering wheel covers
>anything that hangs from the mirror
>stupid ass seasonal mods (looking at you, stupid fucking rudolph nose retards)
>wheels with considerably more offset than factory with tires that are the same size or 10mm wider
>aftermarket two tone paint (different colored hardtop on convertible is acceptable)
>wheels larger than 17s (unless the car came with them stock)
>tires with a sidewall aspect ratio of less than 40
>stretching tires
>wheels that are way too wide for their car
>those stupid fucking red mud flaps that subaru owners put on their stupid fucking shitboxes
>painted calipers but rusty rotors
>smoked tail lights
>clear tail lights (altezza style)
>any headlight modifications
>yellow foglights
>shitty chink """racing""" seats without harness passthroughs
>plastidipped wheels
>seat covers
>stupid looking aftermarket shift knobs (major offender is the plastic shit with bubbles and other gay stuff, like flowers, in it)
>aftermarket interior lighting (unless its something like a maplight)
>knockoff wheels
>putting stupid shit on the antenna (if it is exposed)
>tinted windows darker than 50%
>non matching wheels

and the worst offender of all
>literally fucking taking a hacksaw to the rear bumper cover to allow for the fart can that you bought to fit (only ever seen on some Mexican's 350z who went to the same high school as me)

can't think of anything more, but I will update this post if I remember anything

>overpowered license plate lights
This seems to be a new trend. It's like headlights pointing backwards.

things you're wrong about.
>headlight modifications
>yellow fog lights
>seat covers

that's it

>seat covers
Are you retarded? New seats aren't exactly expensive. You can get a half decent bucket seat for $200.

Headlight modifications are only acceptable if they are just brighter bulbs or some shit, not HIDs in a halogen unit or some autistic RGB shit.

Yellow foglights are stupid looking on anything that isn't a race car or offroad car

>angry headlights

Not everyone want's a racecar, most people don't even want bucket seats in their dd.
I didn't even think about those headlight modifications so I agree with you on that and the only yellow foglights I've seen are on people's racecars and offroad cars so I guess you must have shitty enthusiasts where you live.

Steering wheel covers are okay if there’s a functional reason for it, for example the steering wheel on my mom’s cr-v was actively disintegrating so I bought her a leather wheel cover and it’s much better to drive now.

A bucket seat is anything that a bench seat isn't (essentially). I understand people not wanting a super constrictive racing seat in their cars, but if the car doesn't have bench seats, then an aftermarket solution is available for cheap.

>unnecessarily rude stickers
Don't like it? Call 800-EAT-SHIT.

While I probably won't ever end up buying seat covers becuase you're pretty much right
>animals in the car
I have friends with pets that use seat covers and then wash those periodically to get rid of the dog hair.

>>yellow foglights

Yellow is the best for visibility.

I didn't think about that. In that case, it would be the best option.

seat covers?

>found the f-body/black Suburban guy

Minimal stickers is ok

>stickers on diesels announcing the motor they're carrying
>bracket lifts
>shitboxes slathered with Jegs stickers
>Confederate flag anything

lol u mad you can't see me thru the window at a stoplight with my 5% tint

This. Yellow is the colour fog lights are supposed to be. Something better to add to the list is:
>fog lights on at the same time as low beams
One or the other, not both. Low beams, and especially high beams illuminate the cloud more than the road.

lambo doors
extreme camber stance fags
coffee can muffler/tail pipes on stock engines
donks
lifted trucks/jeeps with stock size tyres
adding 'R' emblems on anything
and niggers.....