/fog/ - Fallout General

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Synth_component
fallout.gamepedia.com/DiMA's_dialogue
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Berry_Mentats_(Fallout_4)
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9753/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Post MERICA!

first for shotgun mods

>a living synths is indistinguishable by any medical test
>because nobody is able to replicate 400 year old technology to look for the synth implants

as shown by this user on the previous thread, xray technology does exist on the commonwealth.
obviously it cannot detect the synth component.

>accidentally drop gun
>fuddy magazine breaks off
Seems practical.

Not even the brotherhood.

>Medical File DN-407P
>Paladin Danse
>Patient symptoms included inability to sleep and a "dull throbbing pain in head." All standard tests are negative. Evidence suggests post-traumatic stress disorder or similar issue. Until severity of issue increases, recommend voluntary removal from active duty. Patient was informed, but is currently in the field.

>synths are INDISTINGUISHABLE
>they have a fucking radioshack transmitter in their skull
forget 400 year old, try 8000 year old
>Trepanation is perhaps the oldest surgical procedure for which there is archaeological evidence,[6] and in some areas may have been quite widespread. At one burial site in France dated to 6500 BC, 40 out of 120 prehistoric skulls found had trepanation holes.[

Is there a single good shotgun mod for Fallout 4?
I just want a simple pump shotty resembling the NV hunting shotgun but all i find find either
>looks like shit
>sounds like shit
>uses the retarded broken Fah Hahbah reloading

If you notice, they actually have functional X-ray machines.

The implants can't be picked up by them.

Aren't the components plastic? Isn't that why the X-ray machines don't pick it up? Partly when it's considered a war crime to use plastics as shrapnel in explosives?

I can't explain why but that terrifies the shit out of me.

Synth implants are made out of plastic polymers, which any radiology can easily detect.
i
inb4
>maybe they are wired up to a stealthboy

Can't wait for shitposting Bethdrone to try (and fail) to excuse more of Bethesda's incompetence.

Can't wait for obsidiot to realize their shit company will never get their hands on the fallout ip again.

>not getting the 50 round version for maximum home defense
>kick
>kick
>kick
>crash
>that's all it takes and a home invader is in your house and you only have a bog standard 6+1 pump action shotgun

I wonder why working X-ray goggles isn't even a thing in Fallout by this point.

>reeee
>implying it's just me
Half the thread was calling you retarded and you couldn't defend yourself or your shit game.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Synth_component
>The actual location of the synth component on the bodies of synths is unknown
I could swear it was mentioned to be in the head though.

yeah it can be scrapped into 1 Plastic

it's retrofutiristic SCIENCE! user, anything is possible.
fact: xrays exist in the prydwen
fact: recruits go through a medical evaluation
fact: the brotherhood is wary of synths
assumption: said evaluation includes xrays
assumption: the brotherhood would do every test possible in order to prevent synth infiltration
conclusion: xrays cannot detect synth components

Its admired that you can tell a synth if you kill them and open up their brain.

But you know, that tends to kill the person involved.

>I need 50 shotgun shells to kill a maximum 3 dindus
jesus learn to fucking aim

>I could swear it was mentioned to be in the head though.
It is mentioned by DiMA i know that

>implying I'm the one you were sperging at in the last thread
This is an anonymous board user. You may be talking to more then one person.

Trepanation would be more like Salem witch trials tier for synth detection

"OOPS THIS GUY DIED WHEN I MADE A TWO INCH CIRCLE IN HIS HEAD. ALL IS WELL: HE HAD NO SYNTH COMPONENT!"

It was the one guy and he couldn't defend himself.
That you're also autistic does not matter.

>it's unknown
>yet you yoink it out whole post mortem off every synth without fail
you'd think he'd figure it out, but I guess it just comes out with the shit when the dead void their bowels
trepanation and brain surgery are non-lethal, if done correctly

This. Having a gun isn't enough user. Practice and maintenance are fundamental in gun ownership.

Oh god please don't give them any ideas.
Bethesda is already coyping ever open world meme, we don't need them to start putting in xray vision every stealth game these days uses as a crutch as well.

> if done correctly
That would require any of these post-war, self trained, idiots to know how to do it non-lethally.

DiMA also claims that Kasumi is a Synth, even though an NPC spawns in the institute during that quest (and despawns at the end) specifically to tell the player that Kasumi isn't a synth, they've never made a synth matching her description.

She's just crazy and DiMA is lying, just like he tries to trick the player into thinking they're a synth.

Don't be upset that obshitian can't finish a single game they make, much less make something worth buying. Remember if a fallout game isn't make by Bethesda it's shit tier.

>DiMA also claims that Kasumi is a Synth
No he doesn't. He's being elusive and says shit like "you never know" and "everybody is welcome here synth or not".

>Bethesda is already coyping ever open world meme,
You got that backwards, most every open world game is copying Bethesda, who makes the memes.

The fact that it's so easy to find even in people that you've no real reason to suspect of being SYNTH SCUM like MAGNOLIA THE FUCKING DROOPY EYED ROBOT CUNT shows that it's pretty fucking obvious at a cursory glance of the body too.

I wouldn't call her crazy, just young and naive. DiMa is a straight up psychopath though, and should be put down.

they are medics you know, who can do facial reconstruction even, not just the swatter guy with a ripper
not even bringing up that there are still actual trained neurosurgeons out west

I don't see it
fallout.gamepedia.com/DiMA's_dialogue

(you)

honestly better than the covenant's 1 synth to five false positives test

>they are medics you know, who can do facial reconstruction even
The only two people who can do facial reconstitution both admits its highly dangerous, and prone to infections.

>not even bringing up that there are still actual trained neurosurgeons out west
Which no one East knows about, or has access too.

Oh, I wasn't even thinking about that

Remember that Timesplitters Future Perfect game? They had a gun called the Mag-Charger that was a sniper rifle that could see through walls AND kill people through walls

It was disgustingly OP and I trolled so many people online with it back when it still had active servers

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Berry_Mentats_(Fallout_4)

hey, still non lethal
if literal cavemen could do it I'm sure a medic with access to anti-biotics, stimpacks, and robots can

>far cry tier see people through walls magic drug by mixing adderall with berries and antifreeze
>not le wacky 50's xray specs that would capitalize on that 50's aesthetic beth likes to milk to death
jesus bethesda can't even get their own fallout right

b-but there's a correlation, we've measured it!

that woman really can't into statistics

Daily reminder, Assaultron males exist.

power armor has a x-ray vision mod

actually why even would there be goggles though okay because it's not like anyone has ever even made goggles in real life

I meant by X-ray goggles that you put them on and suddenly everyone is a skeleton

And you could possibly put them on to pass some medicine checks....oh...wait. Well it would be neat anyway.

Covenant's test does work, unless 1 in 5 people are synths. Since 10% of all people are synths (settler synth spawn chance), the test is better than pure random chance.

I should model that gun, Someone on the TF2 workshop did a concept for it a while back.

how are you ever supposed to side with covenant?
>but they're all institute survivors a bloo bloo
psychotic torturing synth survivors, the second you take out their underground lab everyone goes nuclear, no talking them out of it or anything
bethesda just can't into grey moral choices can they

Targeting HUD isn't X-ray

It just makes everyone have red lines

Actually, the only thing the thread had a problem with in specific was the problem of food in NV.
Otherwise he was correct, Warwick is in no way the breadbasket of the CW nor has it ever been implied

Or even make them see reason.
>hey you kidnapped the daughter of one of the richest trade barons in the region
>you should release her before he hires out to organized mercs who get off to putting it in the shit hole of people like you
>either she dies or we die
Retarded and a wasted opportunity. I just avoid covenant every playthrough now because all it does is trigger me.

>Otherwise he was correct, Warwick is in no way the breadbasket of the CW nor has it ever been implied
wait is that how that shitshow started?

Who else is gonna hit that Assaultron booty?

Preach the good word brother!

> no talking them out of it or anything
You shouldn't be able too.

One does not talk someone out of something they have been doing for years, in the matter of 5 minutes.

Pretty sure it started because somebody was trying to claim that Fallout 3's entire population could survive solely off of hunting, then they claimed that New Vegas doesn't have any farms so nobody can comment on Fallout 3 having no farms.

Will buffscale give us the male assaultrons we need?

Not him, but yes, it originally started because someone made the claim that warwick was THE most productive farm in the whole Commonwealth, and that it was the breadbasket of the region

The guy who went off on the long food rant started originally trying to disprove that notion.

Which he did

Again that's retarded. If I am stealing from cars for years but one night someone catches me and says stop or I will blow your fucking brains out, you can bet money I will stop. If me and that shithead Dan can figure out covenant nabbed Amelia anyone else can.

>fallout 3
>hunting
hunting what? the only thing there are radscorpions, mirelurks, and deathclaws, NV has bighorners at least

Probably not. He doesn't into guys.

Hilariously enough.
This place makes my settlement building autism feel small time

Nah it actually started because I said that a Fallout game set entirely in a city would be cool, then somebody started sperging out about settlements in the commonwealth because apparently my thoughts on what would be a cool setting for a Fallout game offended him in some way.

haven't we been doing shit like that in fallout forever with high speech checks?

That's a pretty shit false equivalency fallacy.

Stealing from cars doesn't require the same level of mental dedication to something as kidnapping, and torturing people, on a weekly basis, for years, does.

Some guy already made them I think

>hunting what?
Mirelurks, yao guai, mole rats, wild dogs(these are the meats the randomly encountered hunters can be found selling)

Not to mention, there are several packs of wild brahmin in the Capital Wasteland one can find.

WOULD YOU KINDLY.

And it's pretty shit that telling them that Stockton has the money and the connections to glass their shitty town and bunker isn't an option. That's what doesn't make sense about the science bitch in covenant and the institute in this game, they claim to be smart but they do the most retarded shit imaginable.

Best case scenario we agree to keep quiet, but what's to stop Stockton from hiring more competent mercs?

Just shut the fuck up you all love to hate on Bethesda and it's fucking annoying most of the complaints aren't even legit or can be applied to New Vegas easy, the user in the last thread was 100% right about there being no farms before the NCR showed up but you're all such blind obsidian fan boys that you can't accept when you're wrong and can't argue a point.
You just love to hate on Bethesda because you're mad that more people like Bethesda games because of the fact that they're just better than New Vegas. Get over it.

>bait
In4replies

It isn't an option because it would happen.

Stockton isn't going to risk blowing his cover as a major smuggler for the Railroad by ordering an entire town glassed.

>Since 10% of all people are synths (settler synth spawn chance)
you should work for the compound, they'd love your math over there

there's no talking them out of it user. unless you already destroyed the institute. only then should there be an option.

that being said no matter who you side with you'd want to destroy the compound so yea they dun goofed.

is that an actual ass autlron model for sfm or just someone else's butt glued on?

anyone thought about adding moon godrays? they'd have to be much more subtle.

No, instead he tells the railroad and they send glory and deacon to fuck the town three ways and back. I don't know why you are arguing that there shouldn't be an option to talk them down, or is logic not admissible here?

Link?

... wat. It's not a screenshot user, it's a illustration.

It's not bait and you know it's not bait because you can't argue it without spouting memes like the "no farm meme" when the fact is that the Capital Wasteland can exist with no issues from hunting and scavenging and Megaton has a brahmin even so it's not even 100% accurate to say there's no farms then you all shit on the weapons when guess what:
there's no pull-lever on the back of the iron sights like there are in real m16s but you all love to shit on the combat shotgun despite there being noting wrong with the design it just has a clip attatchment on the front like this one: but none of you will try to say that shotgun doesn't work because that shotgun wasn't made by Bethesda you all just love trying to find reasons to hate on Bethesda and it's fucking gay as fuck.

The problem is that it isn't logical to talk them down.

No more then it would be logical to talk the Institute out of making synths, or the Railraod into stop trying to free synths, or the BoS to stop face fucking everything they don't like.

One does no enact such major change to a group in the span of five mintues.

That past games let you do so is a failure on thier part stemming from constantly trying to suck the player's dick, but isn't really an excuse for continued stupidity.

it's clearly source filmmaker, the lighting gives it away

What mods do I need to make a qt asian waifu in FO4?

>clip
Automatically got my (you)

I'm just going by the picture user posted last thread

So why does chinese stealth armor get a pass but b90 doesn't?

>clip
finely crafted, bait within bait

see the m16 has a pull lever on the back of the iron sights. it's so easy to shit on New Vegas but none of you do it because you're just all hipsters that hate on Fallout 3 because it's popular but the fact is that the game you're all playing right now is Fallout 4 by Bethesda, not Fallout New Vegas by obsidian because Fallout 4 is the better game and that's a fact.

Oh, Your talking about that mod.

But you said it was a different mod?

Maybe it's on my part then as I'm not willing to die for something not 100% sure. They don't even know for sure Amelia is a synth. I can't in my mind rational not giving Amelia up then going to find other hopefully nonconnected test subjects. Their current course is either we let them keep Amelia or the whole project crumbles. 4 is supposed to be about greys, why is this one so black and white?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9753/?

Well you'll need this for starters

>arguing with semantics
fine magazine then it doesn't really matter what the method of loading the bullets into the shotgun is the point is that there's nothing wrong with the design it's just a cool looking futuristic shotgun

>you're all playing right now is Fallout 4 by Bethesda, not Fallout New Vegas by obsidian
this is incorrect

>pull lever
Stop with all this bait please! Your triggering me /k/omrades!

idk man I was just going by the picture