Tsw/swl Secret World Legends General

John bringing the heat Edition.

The Whispering Tide is out starting today!
> You only need to open 10 Relics to get all the rewards, so it’s okay if you miss a day or two. Opening a Relic after collecting all the rewards grants extra Anima Shards.

>FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Steam FAQ
secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DwPPExICQhg
twitter.com/i/web/status/892184126903775233
youtu.be/cAuRXwnDylg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Steam trailer is really shitty. I can't understand why they would chose to use such shitty music with all the good ones the soundtrack had. Sounds like they're baiting for more action-related players.

Yeah that's exactly what they're trying to do
It's kind of sad seeing how it's come to this, unique and well-made games like TSW deserve better, but it's thenature of the beast.

Wich is pretty dumb because i can't imagine a lot of those players staying for good.
They should nurture and cherish the niche they have, and seek to expand slowly instead of going in all directions at once.

It's the same trailer Funcom used for non-steam launch in June also youtube.com/watch?v=DwPPExICQhg
And yes, it is pretty dumb.
FIGHT ALONE OR TOGETHER
Meanwhile all the endgame content is 3 DPS, a tank and a heal holy trinity.

What what?! Lean on our strong points? AHAHA FUCK THAT!
We got to appeal to a wider audience!

>wub wub wub wub BRAAAAAM *insert buzzword* wub wub wub wub BRAAAAAM *insert buzzword* wub wub wub wub BRAAAAAM *insert buzzword* wub wub wub wub BRAAAAAM *insert buzzword*

Woah, so this is what the kids like these days, huh....

WE WUZ YUNG N SHIT

How are the waifus?

There's one for everyone!
Carter's taken though.

Do you want cute or lewd?

Lewd is shit. Post cute obviously.

>account auto-converts to steam because i bought the original game there
>download the game on steam hoping there will be local pricing for cheap patron
>the DLC are locally priced but patron/aurum is still in dollars
Time to convert back I guess.

>account auto-converts to steam because i bought the original game there
Bought it there as well, but didn't have to transfer shit. Feels good.

Not sure i like the interface of the steam version when you log in. But at least I'll pay a bit less when going Patron i guess.

Popeye-chan looks really cute desu.

There's also a bug currently that removes patron from accounts that have transferred to steam.
They're hotfixing it later today though.

>Sss--the servers will come down August 1 at 8:00 AM EDT / 12:00 GMT for fixes to Steam Patronage. The downtime is estimated to last 3 hours.

twitter.com/i/web/status/892184126903775233

The 10th day login reward for the Filth event looks like an Epic weapon catalyst. It is a substitute for fusion when making Mythic (Yellow) weapons. Make sure you log in at least 10 days in the next 2 weeks.

Have they said what's in the 3rd age relics?
I'm gonna guess a chance for clothing, a mount or pet. Most likely all distillates

how do i partake in the event?

You have to find the sleeping hobo in Agartha and sleep next to him. That will take you into a dream sequence which activates the quest.

I won't fall for your lies, senpai!

Still offline for me even though it should have come online 17 minutes ago.

They were scheduled to go offline 17 minutes ago.

Oh fuck I'm so dumb.
I waited for nothing and now I'll have to wait again. What a fucking retard.

You use guides on investigation missions, don't you?

Not unless I'm completely stuck, no.
Just misread it and didn't look back to check if there was anything wrong with my brain.

>implying half the investigation missions arent bullshit

if i want to learn hebrew ill learn real hebrew not some broken game language

Only investigation missions where trial and error is unavoidable are annoying(Hell and bach). Otherwise you have to be really stuck before you should consider guides.

No, any mission that involves foreign script is annoying. Having to spend half an hour manually deciphering every single character in a dumb image, only to find out that the words don't form an actual sentence because Funcom couldn't be bothered to hire someone who can write in actual Greek or Romanian or Egyptian or whatever is fucking annoying.

>No, any mission that involves foreign script is annoying.
Only if you brute force solve it. Finding a solution through trial and error is guaranteed, but it will take more time and effort. Same with less elegant methods.
Don't just solve the puzzle, either learn something form it, or do it in an elegant way.
You only have the mystery of the puzzle for one time, so make it count, get the noggin joggin.

Or I could not waste xp for learning morse code

The morse code one. There is many ways to solve it, it's always interesting just what kind of solution people apply to get the needed info based on the input given.
Nothing is more disappointing than "hurrr I didn't want to use my brain, so I just used a guide XD"

Imagine if you have some new boss appear and you need a group and a good build to kill it. Everybody teams up and is wondering if what they bring to the table is good.
Then there is this other fag who just uses "killall" command in the console to kill the boss instantly.
"what I don't want to waste time and potential xp on this fight, just going to pick up the loot and points. What, play the game? Fuck that I ain't no sucker"

So again. Guides when you are hard stuck is fine. But investigations missions are an opportunity to get the noggin joggin on those problem solving skills. You only get 1 legit shot at it, once you completed it the mystery is gone and you will never have that chance again.

>learning morse code
>problem solving skill

>Solve a hard math equation on paper

Or

>Solve a hard math equation with a calculator

>I see only one solution because I lack creativity and problem solving skills
>What are problem solving skills XD
Just because a nigger in affrica doesn't know what engineering is, doesn't mean that those things don't exist.
The lowest stage of being dumb, is when you are too dumb to realize it.

That's cute. But no, it's more like take test like a normal person, or cheat and look up the answer from somewhere else.

>Record morse code audio
>Put it through a translator
>???
>Profit

>waste time
>don't profit

that sure sounds fun

Keep in mind there is a small chance we have new people here, so try not to spoil stuff too hard. Even if it is to prove a retard wrong.

>play games
>not a waste of time
>but want to skip content that involves my brain
>because
>wasting time

Look it's already evident you aren't the brightest lad here, so you having very contradicting ideas in your head is not to be unexpected.

It's about figuring out how to solve a problem, the fun is in getting a good efficient solution after you engage your brain for a bit.
If you follow your kind of "thinking" not only do you miss out on the main point of the activity, but you can make anything sound stupid like: sex "Move back and forth for an hour while touching body parts and exchanging fluids"
That sure sounds fun.
Drive a car in a race "wiggle your hands left and right while wiggling your feet up and down"
that sure sounds fun.
The point you miss out is that sex is about how it feels on your body and emotional satisfaction from either lust or love.
Racing is about feeling the car, getting it to move the way you want and doing it under high tension to win vs others.
Solving puzzles is about problem solving, about encountering a problem and coming up with an elegant solution or sometimes just reaching the answer and feeling smart and satisfied that you can figure out stuff.

>want to spend my time having fun
>skip unfun content

>"HURR DURR YOU ARE SO DUMB"

How is life with crippling autism?

>want to spend my time having fun
>don't want to use my brain at all because it's not fun
>wack a rock against the dirt all day

>"HURR DURR YOU ARE SO DUMB"

You sure showed me but then again you probably are not capable of more than spouting your emotions at others as a form of argument.

Having ADD or being dumb is nothing to be proud of user.

You're showing signs of autism by not having any empathy. Not everyone likes what you like, ever thought of that instead of spouting insults like your opinion is the only correct one?

Might want to get that checked with a professional if you haven't yet

>Getting this upset about somebody playing a game in a way that doesn't impact you in the slighest but you don't like
You should really seek professional help.

>Only if you brute force solve it.
??? I'm talking about quests where you get the clue in a different language. I'm talking about how you spend time translating the words (which can't be copy pasted to google translate because they are in an image) and then find out the translation is a nonsense string of foreign words. What does brute force mean in this case?

He's baiting

so this is how autism manifests in secret world generals

fascinating

It's only one guy, rest of us are pretty cool

So, that's the way for those generals not to die? A cripple fight?
Fuck guys, I want a place around here to shitpost/chat about the game, but this isn't worth it.

No wonder the fucking threads keep dying, nobody likes a shit general.

either that or reposting the exact same fucking pictures of secret world waifus and lewd shots

games ded

>You're showing signs of autism by not having any empathy
>Not everyone likes what you like, ever thought of that instead of spouting insults like your opinion is the only correct one?
>Might want to get that checked with a professional if you haven't yet

>you jerk you insult others thus proving are an autist, get professional help
Here we go, emotional, defensive and hypocritical.

I'm not upset in the least, but I guess you got to tell yourself that to make yourself feel better. After all I am questioning your intelligence and attention span, even you, emotionally understand that being dumb is not a good thing, but you will defend acting like one though.

>When the thread is dying, nobody posts new and original content.
>Thread dies for days
>One guy starts an agument
>Suddenly everybody jumps up and cries about thread quality

It's funny how people complain about a dead or shit thread, but don't post anything of quality themselves.
What did you guys exactly add to a good thread? Your complaint?
Serious question, who do you think is supposed to make it a good thread?

Im-fucking-plying that the other generals are better. Just take a look at the Life is Strange or other shitty threads.
At least when the heat goes down we actually talk about some interesting shit and keeps the waifuing to a minimum.

>It's our great steam launch!
>Sorry, we have to take down the servers for several hours in the middle of the day because we fucked up
This is pretty much doa..

Nice anime picture, my friend.
Please, feel free to illuminate our clouded minds and show us the way to a good thread by posting some good shit.

>Nice anime picture, my friend.
>Normie fags getting triggered by a reaction image. On Veeky Forums of all the places!
mfw

>Please, feel free to illuminate our clouded minds and show us the way to a good thread by posting some good shit.
The way I see it that one dude has been posting images and webms trying to keep the thread alive. How about more than 1 person does that? You know then you would have more v-a-r-i-e-t-y that everybody wants, keep the thread alive and so on.

Instead of being a fag and say" WOW this general is shit, wow look at me complain"
How about you make pictures, webms and post related to the game.

Servers up

Post your outfits

Yeah, talk about bad timing. Looks like they're actually doing it on purpose.

It's kinda sad that this game has been out for years but there's not a single bit of written smut about pollinating Carter.

>spend 20 minutes fighting the evil chicken
>game kicks us ot
>"BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME, YOU WERE TOO SLOW :-)"

I do. I also often create those threads, as I am responible for the one we're actually posting in.
Sue me.
Amabilities aside, today's debacle with the downtime for the launch kinda killed the mood and any discussion that could have been created here by newcomers asking for stuff.

Here's mine.
Got a backpack too, but it's not visible on this one.

I would post mine if I didnt fucking post it every thread rendering it pointless for me.

can't wait for the salt when people start failing because 90% of your event instance players is just spaming basic attacks and not killing it fast enough

They're already reducing the HP on it.

>they reduced the boss max hp after first round of failures.

Got most of the 45$ DLC's as a gift, probably for the bullshit that happened today.Don't care much about the ornithopter but hey, what's free is free i guess. Too bad there was no aurum tho.

Wasn't there also a little dungeon beside Flappy on the original game?

>We must reach the next platform
>Your ally is recuperating
What do they mean by this?

Hahaha, Well Done.

I seriously have no idea what's going on. Was there more in the original SW?

Is this game good or do you fags just make this general to shitpost waifus?

No, we ocassionally shitpost 3 pictures of waifus to keep the thread alive.
The game itself is entertaining, at the very least the story.

>2 weeks ago
>DUDE just sell your 3-pip crit glyphs for 100k right now it will get cheap later make bank LMAO
>mfw the prices right now

>12 IPs
You assholes, this thread is dead no matter what you do. Can't you at least try to behave in a group of 12 fucking people?

The original Whispering Tide event had 3 phases where you had to do different things on each phase. This stupid bird boss was the last phase.

The new one seems to be just "log in once a day and kill the bird".

Got to keep the game SIMPLE and STREAMLINED for the NEW ACTION PACKED SECRET WORLD!!!!

youtu.be/cAuRXwnDylg

>Why can't I hold all these dead MMORPGs

I'm actually really disappointed because the original event had some feeling of progression where we witnessed the filth slowly crawl into Agartha from different portals and worked together pushing it back. We had the dumb bird flying around in Agartha all the time, shitting filth randomly.

They didn't need to keep it all the same, but they could have at least kept different aspects around rather than just the climax.

Ah, yeah, thought so.
Yep, like three days first phase, three days second phase and the rest for Flappy.

Well, now its whack a flappy.

Anyone got more than just the fifth Lore from The Whispering Tide?
Or will it be something like one per day in the Bird's lair?

Sixth*
My bad.

So, when and how long is the Flappy portal open?
(I know it opens in 15 mins, but idk what's the schedle, like "open for 30 mins, closed for x hours")

did they really not compensate a cache key for the steam patron fuck up

Check you delivered items.

But you DID get the cache key, jsut the stuff like AP/SP, cooldowns and free tellyport were broken. I could claim the cahce key no problem, just that other stuff was borked.

Every full hour it opens for 30 minutes

>Only 5k players on steam

This isnt going to last till new content is it ?

What?
I got like 4000 shards, 2000 marks and 10 AP/SP, that is nowhere near the $45DLC. What did you get?

wasnt sure, i actually claimed it before the maintenance

thought funcom was jewing