Darkest Dungeon maps and guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612579203

Darkest Dungeon font (Dwarven Axe BB)
mega.nz/#!UUkBEJ4Z!-AZT4bS1WahgSVyUpS6P-BCJjaKjvjiWMBr2jXzFpDc

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1096634426
nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/442/?
youtube.com/watch?v=abudgvoLo1o
grimnoley.deviantart.com/art/Darkest-Dungeon-The-Crimson-Court-Trinkets-692256989
imgur.com/pz5FR9N
imgur.com/QXdm6nU
nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/446/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/dadg/ Repeatable DD mod:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1096634426
nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/442/?

>eyes

how do I git gud?

third for qt cultists!

HM-HM-HM-BH?

Fuck around on apprentice for a while, 'til you learn (enemy) priorities and what classes and abilities fit each other.
Also, upgrade the wagon so you'll have enough goons to send out on expeditions every week. They're not the player character, your hamlet is.

HM HM OCC BH

Working on some trinkets right now, can anyone give me some pointers on the art? I'm not an artist so what I just do is look for stock photos then manipulate em (At most I'll do some light tracing over).

>you don't have to tell me what happened but you have to eat this

I say get creative with the existing assets, since there is a wealth of it to choose from.

This is for example a trinket I made for my class. I just colored some of the book trinkets brown, erased the tassel, then copy pasted the face skin on the Swine Drummer's drum.

This way you dont have to worry about your trinket art looking out of place in the game.

yeah but then you'll run into trinkets that look too much alike.

It doesn't have to be trinket assets.

You can even cut the Collector's cage from his animation files then slap it on your trinket template, recolor it, maybe other some other details like chains or what not, and you've got a new trinket.

see if you can find the artist that did the CC trinkets and see what chris changed before adding them into the game

add*

anyway I'm currently working on redoing Building Events. I know all of you dislike how you can lose trinkets there and how you have to equip shit trinkets on heroes so you don't lose em. After seeing Ancestor's Visage and Rat Carcass, I realized that trinket effects still work in the Hamlet so right now I'm working on trinkets that you do equip in buildings. I'm gonna go and try to make building events more common so the hamlet feels more alive but I'm also gonna add more into it like

>More Quirk Developments. Each stress relief facility would have a bigger pool of quirks to give heroes. Each facility gives a different type of quirk the Bar gives majority Resistance/Toughness/Damage Quirks (Hard Noggin, Tough, Slugger), the Gambling Hall would give Crit/Acc/Scout Based quirks (), the Brothel would give Special Secret Quirks* same with the Abbey of course

*secret code for I'm not yet sure

true but I'll still be heavily limited. The true course of action really is just to learn how to draw :(

>youtube.com/watch?v=abudgvoLo1o

Why aren't you guys using THE WALL yet?

Well that depends on what kind of trinkets you're making. If they do not exist or have no substitutes in the game, then yeah, feel free to shoop stock photos.

Still worth looking into the files though if you want to preserve art consistency. For example I had to put up with a shitty looking kris that I drew on my own, until I realized that Virago was using a similar dagger. So I instead used that.

Yeah, I'm using some of the KS Trinket Art too.

If you want some gambling cards, I guess you could try looking at the gambling hall assets. Maybe it has one.

But if all else fails, the paper cutout filter in photoshop does wonders in trying to mimic the ingame art if you're using stock photos.

I'm trying to give Revenge a new sprite, but it doesn't seem to work; I just get the old firey crouch

I put my new pngs in a bunch of Leper/Leper_X/anim folders and changed the leper.art.txt to refer to those instead of revenge, but it doesn't seem to change anything

Similarly, nothing seems to work on the Flagellant; it seems like the DLC overwrites my mod.

grimnoley.deviantart.com/art/Darkest-Dungeon-The-Crimson-Court-Trinkets-692256989

imgur.com/pz5FR9N
imgur.com/QXdm6nU

Oh hey I know this guy, he's in the PBD Server. He's working on his own mod too

hey nice did you draw that? If you're wondering about Flagellant go look over existing Flag mods.

user, the anim folder doesn't go into the Leper_X folder. It goes inside the general Leper folder. Leper_X is just a skin folder.

Also also don't need to use new animations at all. Just use the old crouch file, erase it (as well as the mask layer) and place your new revenge sprite.

Best comp for DD3
Go

Stat me /dadg/

Check the filename :^)

are units in the abbey/tavern considered idle?

arb/occ/snortman/hellion

My sun ring/dismas head Hellion consistently oneshot the white cells yesterday, and mark Arby/BH just chewed through the Mammoths

What does this trinket give? -200% food eaten?

Think bigger

You're the Deadlier Quirks/Trinket Wagon guy, right?

+100% stress healed while camping?

How did you go for stress? I thought it might be worthwhile to bring crusader for stress heal since it's supposed to be a grueling dungeon

-20% stress
+80% stress healed while camping
-50% Food consumed
-3 speed

Alright so I know this sounds childish as fuck but I had a dream about DD where you could get a hero that could move steal a teammate. Not sure if it would last the length of the battle or just that turn, but I wonder if thats possible to do? Would certainly be a novel character design. Make it a ninja or some shit.

Crits and not going in blind.

Yeah, I rarely use stress relief buildings so I'm adding another reason to use them. Most of my mods are really just personal stuff that I want. Also, don't use Deadlier Quirks right now. I've been experimenting with it for a while (Causing crashes and shit and I think I accidentally updated the workshop version) and I might remove the additional quirks and add it to this eventual building mod. I might just make Deadlier Quirks a full on Quirk Rebalance instead of adding additional shit. (Though I'll keep the Quick Learner/Survivalist's Apprentice)

Okay user, I managed to get it to work. It looks great. You need to find an appropriate fx to go with it.

Also, I used the Highwayman's attack.hipshot sprite and anim for this one as the attack.buff sprite that Revenge uses is too small to fit your sprite.

Alright, I'll stop using that one for now. Looking forward to this one.

It could probably work without any FX, but I could add like some speed lines if I really need to

>Also, I used the Highwayman's attack.hipshot sprite and anim for this one as the attack.buff sprite that Revenge uses is too small to fit your sprite.
What?

Also, would you know how to increase the size or nah?

>What?

Here user.

To increase the size of the sprite, you would need a larger sprite frame, which is why I couldnt use the kneeling buff sprite. If you want something bigger, I generally recommend using the Hellion's sprites as she has the tallest and biggest frames which is perfect for stuff like this.

Where do I get a sprite frame?

Could I just use the frame that leper gets for intimidate? That's the sprite I based it off.

Forgot pic

Sadly you can't use the same two frames, as the game wont read it for some reason. Instead during the ability animation your character will just do his idle pose.

Just go at the Hellion folder. You'll easily notice that her sprite frames are much wider than everyone else so it allows you to add a bunch of stuff inside and more varied sprite art.

well it's updated now. Tell me if it works.

Not even if I rename it, or change it around a little?

Nope. The game will still read the first instance of intimidate instead of the new modded one, even if you rename it.

I guess it's like this because the .skel file is hardcoded to read the intimidate sprite so if you change the name, it game doesnt read it.

This goes for all sprites, so you shouldnt rename the sprite animations, just the labels like leper, hellion, crusader and etc.

I can confirm that it works. Never really had an issue with it, only disabled since you suggested that.

I imagine this is really confusing back at the hamlet.

good, I was having issues with having the buildings to work properly so I removed it. I couldn't really just take down the mod so I left it's barest elements (Lesser Quirk Development Chance Post Quest and Higher Quirk Stats and Lesser Disease Development Chance Post Quest ;) )

PD/literally anything that can hit rank 4 x3
the only real threat is getting teleported to the other side of the dungeon and having to make your way back, PD prevents that at which point the dungeon is trivial
no

I'll let you know if I run into issues. Do you recommend using any of the trinket pack mods along with your nomad wagon? I've already got the compatibility patch working with Falconer/Musketeer.

You gotta hook up Renold with some DIsmas cosplayer

those are literally the only two other mods with trinkets I use. So I guess not really.

How do you deal with this fuccboi at champion? What composition are you supposed to bring, flagman+sun ring and what else?

Okay no spoilerooes frienderoos but for some reason I've gotten some sort of writer's block equivalent for DD3. I'm not sure why but suddenly encountering a 4xLog mission threw me off. I was thinking PD/Arb for back row and maybe BH/Leper for the front? Or maybe a Hellion instead of the Leper?

Is this ok or is there something in particular for DD3 I really need to watch out for or prepare for? I don't want the entire mission spelled out for me, but if there's gimmicky shit like DD2's trinket bullshit I'd appreciate the heads up.

All enemies are both beast and eldritch
You're going to be fighting a lot of minibosses, so marks and stuns are very good

There's a HUGE gimmick, but nothing like the torch trinkets for DD2. I won't spoil it, but do make sure you have some good camping skills for your heroes (as a reminder, don't forget to unequip scouting/ambush prevention camping skills, as they are useless in the DD).
Hellion is a lot better than Leper for this mission. Also, PD and ISIS man are insanely good here.

So if I used Hellion.sprite.attack_leap.atlas/skel, and pasted over the hellion.sprite.attack_leap.png, do I rename both to leper.sprite.attack_leap.png/atlas/skel, and put them all in their respective folders (anim and leper_x/anim)?

Can Vvulf attack the hamlet more than once?
Or is it a one time thing only?

Yep. All you need now is to address it in the .art.txt file.

I made this for you guys. Hope it doesn't stress you out.

I really like having an Arb, but since I got a 10/10 Islam Wizard I suppose I should bring him instead. I just have never felt like his damage was up to par. Booty hunter and Hellion on top of that, I should have retarded good damage control. Only the BH benefits from marks though. Tough call. But thanks guys. I have something to work with now.

Just change Renold's colors

Yeah I don't know why people always act like the occultist can be some crazy damage dealer.

his damage is passable if you stack eldritch killing skills but at that point you would just do far more damage with any other class

point blank shot is nuts

High crit rate, lower than the GR but still can bring the pain if the stars align.

He can wipe out two Cove Backliners with one Ceiling Spaghetti though with enough damage trinkets. The only class who can sorta do that is a Leper with Hew and only for Frontliners

it doesn't hurt that almost each of his trinkets raise his Crit to ludicrious levels

Occultist's damage is indeed on the lower end, but with the anti-eldritch trinkets, you'll do a ton of damage with abyssal artillery. Besides, you need a healer, and I think that his potential do deal damage in this dungeon surpasses the advantage of having the vestal's reliable heals. Also, if you play this party right, you'll end up taking next to no damage from the minibosses.
I don't really like using marks in this dungeon because the miniboss has more than one action, so the marks will wear off pretty quickly. However, bleed, for this reason, is crazy good. If you've not embarked yet, try Hellion with bleed out, iron swan, yawp, and if it bleeds; Flagellant with all the usual stuff, arab man with sac stab, ceiling spaghetti, wyrd reconstruction + whatever you feel like, and PD with noxious blast, plague grenade, blinding gas, battlefield medicine.

Still didn't work.

I put it up here if anyone's interested, or willing to pick through the files to see where I went wrong: nexusmods.com/darkestdungeon/mods/446/?

It basically tries to buff all the weak and underused skills, like flashpowder and caltrops without being too -out there-

Aainst eldritch fuckers, you can rely on him putting out at least 10+ dmg, which is impressive coming from a healer. And since he's rocking a ~25% crit rate that number getting close to 20 is far from unlikely.

That, his mark/debuffs and regularly bringing death door'd nerds back to full in one round is what makes him such a superior pos3.

I agree on the point of preferring him as a healer over the Vestal. But I've found that generally an Arbalest can serve as a healer too. She's not as good, but her damage compensates for it. And the +healing received buff has an unexpected but great synergy with food and camping.

I've been rocking pos 2 flagellants as full-time healers for most of my campaign. They're fine if you can keep them at sub 50 health consistently enough. Their main heal works like a garunteed occultist crit heal.

Arbalest's healing is infuriating because you always need to bring someone along to heal her, or shuffle her into Pos3 to do it, and even so her healing is garbage.

Also her support skills are mediocre, and her damage output is nothing to write home about.

She's basically the female Leper to me.

ive heard man at arms knocking him back into rank 4 constantly is good but ive yet to try it

your team comp is auto win

What is the best decision the ancestor made and why was it dumping literal tons of pig meat possessed by old gods into a hole and calling it dealt with?

only if you have a high prot team with a Vestal that can group heal. It basically depends on the Croc dealing only low to mid damage with his AoE Apex Predator and having your Vestal heal it (I suggest a Rank 2 Vestal for this desu) with probably two crusaders at the back raping him with Holy Lance.

well he didn't have to deal with it so it's a good decision for him

i kinda surprised he didn't feed the swine god the flesh instead of the town

or maybe it was safer to feed it dead townspeople after the bandits dealt with them

The Ancestor did nothing wrong.

he did so, so many things wrong.

is it possible to make a skelly bleed

basically no

bring blight.

If you stack bleed debuffs high enough you could

yes

>basically no
>maybe if
>yes
thanks

yfw those are all the same answer.

normally no, but you can stack enough -bleed resist to successfully apply one

My ****ing warlock or whatever healed 4 times in a row 0 dmg, 0 ****ing dmg, no heal in a ****ing fight, all heros went down.
this is no rogue like, this is son of a ***** like.
Pls fix this epic games, or what your name is.

is this just a bad steam review of DD?

It is pic related.

He probably won't touch an Occultist ever again after that.

Occultist is simply that kind of class where you don't wait with healing until your buddies are close to the death's door. If someone hates the randomness of wyrd, best to bring Vestal for actual heals and focus arab on casting debuff curses and abyss artillery.

they have like 245% bleed resistance or whatever. It's possible, but not practical. Requires more set up and dice rolling than you get any benefit out of.

>emoji movie fags pushing emoji trinkets
>mfw