/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jul 11] System update 11.5 has been released. It does not bring any relevant change.

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954
[Jul 9] The kernel has been dumped. This does not mean an exploit has been found. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/884106715888848899
-The TrustZone code has also been dumped. twitter.com/derrekr6/status/889556685353881600
[Jul 6] RomFS dumping is now possible.
-A Pyton script has been released. twitter.com/SciresM/status/887199230103826432

>DSi
[Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jul 2] SD2Vita adapters can now be preordered. wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/

>PS4
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues/608
github.com/Sammi-Husky/Sm4sh-Tools/tree/master/PACKManager
forum.xentax.com/
reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6qi4d8/why_does_adrenalin_require_activation_cpu/
gbatemp.net/threads/ugopwn-usa-flipnote-studio-dsi-sploit.479353/
youtube.com/watch?v=xZONf5fXEOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Turn on my 3DS
>Blank theme and half of my games are out of their folders and back as presents

This has happened to me about 3 times now, I should've never "upgraded" to this shit b9s meme

First for gbatemp is full of fags

magnethax loads before the OTP is locked out, so you can just grab the keys and encrypt a new, fresh NAND.

>he's too poor to buy games

hacking is more fun than the games desu
installing enso was the first time I picked up my Vita in month

If i get the SD adapter for my Vita, can i somehow transfer Adrenalin to the SD card?

How the fuck did you get it installed that shit is way more complicated than 3ds and you have a chance to mustard gas

no shit

Goddamn they're so cheap now.

yes, you must compile adrenaline by yourself

Oh hey, in time for a new thread.
Is updating a Switch fine?

>buy a physical copy of ever oasis
>it won't boot on 11.2 without going through hoops

and here I was thinking I'd be able to free up some space on my SD card

Give it another 2 weeks and they'll come in a plastic casing which will make life a bit easier. For probably a similar price too.

Just update :^)

I've just tried both the latest nightly and Luma Legacy, but the issue persists. I found someone else with the same issue that was supposed to be fixed by a Luma update: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues/608 so it could be related.

because that's totally a b9s issue

Disabling "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM" fixed it.

>tfw you never fell for the tranny cabal memes regarding rosalina
>still on b9s 1.0
>still on the luma version released for it
>can play games
Feels gud

You should be able to backup your old SD card and restore it onto the adapterSD. But i'm not sure, still waiting for my adapter.

Completely safe

Then what is it?

Your SD card is probably dying.

most likely SD card failure or not properly connected, clean the connectors.

can anybody confirm this?

Sounds more like a nand issue. If he has a linked sysnand/emunand then it's causing all manner of shit.

>not b9s 1.2 + luma legacy master race

I can confirm.
As long as you take the proper preparation (back up everything, have usbmc.skprx in ur0:tai/config.txt and shit) the system will not notice any difference.

I followed the guide my old 3ds hadnt been touched before. I got everything installed, installed freeshop and downloaded monster hunter generations. When I try to start it I get a black screen then it goes back to the main menu, Im not sure what I did wrong or if I missed a step or something

Are Vita games even dumped? Haven't been keeping up with that scene

Like, virtually all

Most Japanese versions of western games probably haven't. And indieshit.

see Reddit VitaPiracy.

Is it safe to update my Dreamcast to the latest firmware? I don't want to lose the ability to play PSO online.

I don't want to fall for the Chao CFW meme by the fag dev.

this is a puzzling meme

Use >Pies

this is really annoying I tried downloading story of seasons: trio of towns and that one just straight up stays on the nintendo 3ds loading screen till I hard reset the system

can you update your wii u if you already have haxchi?

Sure, you can always update it

Thanks

1. What's the best way to downgrade an older Slim PS3? I know it can be downgraded for sure but I dunno how to go down that path
2. Anyone know if Maverick Hunter X for PSP can be hacked to replace the original MMX SNES OST?

Sounds quite Seedy.

I found the problem apparently I decided to start pirating on the wrong day and freeshop 3.1.3 was broken. they just released an update

Interested in answers to 2 as well. Especially vile mode.

There is no tool to open these files

Fucking RIP

GBATemp was no fucking help

MISSION: Infiltrate Square Enix and acquire the tool!
TIME LIMIT: 5 Hours
Weapons: Brick

Try something silly like renaming them to .zip/.rar.

Tried

I'll see if godmode9 picks it up

God fucking damn it. All hope is gone

Anywhere I could pay someone to hack me pokemons and then trade them to me?

people on /vp/ will do that for free

I take paypal

All I got there was shitposters
I need about 20 ORAS pokemon willing to give 1USD per

There is literally a general dedicated for this

>All I got there was shitposters
You said something dumb or didn't ask in the right moment.

Ohh that sounds neat. Thanks

Please don't pay, you're enabling a really shitty practice of using piracy/romhacks for monetary gain. There are definitely people on /vp/ who will help you out if you hang around for a while. I'd do it myself if I wasn't busy.

Just buy an E3 flasher. There's a bunch of really in depth tutorials on how to use it all over the internet.

Aside from building a gaymen PC I had no real experience with that sort of stuff and I managed to do it without issue. Downgraded a friends PS3 slim too.

I'm just kidding user, I wouldn't take money for that. In vp or reddit surely there are people that'll do that for free, just find the right thread

I made a simple thread with the request. I had them all hacked in the DS game but I can't transfer them through pokebank for some reasons. I just like doing the pve in the battle frontier

Don't make a thread. Go to their Homebrew/pkx/ekx/whatever the fuck the extension is for the pokemon, general thread they always have going on.

Is breath of fire 4 worth playing? I need some jrpgs that are not 100% cute girls.

Where's the best place to get one?
I keep seeing all these mod chip sites but they all look like thinly veiled scam sites to me

>not cute girls
You got the right game.

is the themely guy still being autistic?

Of course. Why would you expect him to stop?

>Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work

I have an SD2Vita coming in the mail
When I switch memory cards will my Adrenaline still work?
What if I decided to get a new vita but use the same sd card? What happens then?

I've replaced music files in PSP games before. Some games completely shit the bed when it happens and some work just fine. I could try and do it if people are still interested but I wouldn't expect any miracles.

Activation is bound to your vita. New memory card works, new vita doesn't. Back up act.dat, system.dreg and system.ireg while you can.

grandia is so good, it pains me to know that there are jrpgs fans who never played it.

Is all hope lost? Did you try making a thread kn gbatemp to start this up and ask for help? Maybe from the people of terry wonderland?

hey user open up one of the files in a hex editor and show us the beginning of the pack file. it may be something easy like gzip or lzma.

I dont think DQ Terry uses the .pack files

See if you can get someone to rip the function out of the code, i'd do it but i'm an idiot.
It's in the code theres no doubt about that it's merely a question of where.

is it true that vitas sd readingspeed is caped at 8mb/s?

>was able to use smash 3ds mods without system crashing

>made a fuck up by updating the game

>mods don't load

>spends hours trying to backup previous & save data update

>it working!

>tries to go to the main menu

>"An exception occurred."

why even live?

>nintendo bans my 3ds
oh no wait they didn't because im not a retard who fell for tranny cfw meme
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon anyway
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping because vita has no games
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
>use that money to order myself a pizza from domino's
oh wait i dont because domino's is trash
>go to based little caesars instead
>get a hot n ready pepperoni pizza
oh wait i dont because im not a poorfag
>go to costco
>order a cheese pizza
>go home and eat my pizza
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony and domino's and fuck little ceasar's

i dont know if this is the same file type but smash bros 4 has .pac files in it some one wrote an unpacker here github.com/Sammi-Husky/Sm4sh-Tools/tree/master/PACKManager
it might be the same format im going to look at the file systems on old square nds games i bet they use the same format.

I dont even know how to fucking use this

Is there not an exe?

go learn how to compile C#

You're late, it's not the same thing.

Talk about the Ps Vita its relevant again and laugh at the adrenalineless fags.

can I use my sony jew card and a microsd at the same time with sd2vita?

so did anyone actually brick with enso?

No, you cannot.
You either have to use your SD2VITA as ux0: or your MC. You cannot have both (though, apparently Chinks managed for adrenaline to read from uma0: )

ask for help on xentax
forum.xentax.com/
they figure out 3d formats and shit.

Go ask on hcs64

hey just putting this out here on reddit thefl0w said he will be working on getting adrenaline working without a psp game in September.

i hope that isn't the "big" thing because it would be nigh useless for the thousands of people that already activated their vitas

I wanna FUCK that BOY

its huge for those who got fucked by sonys activation dickery

Links or it didn't happen

first comment
reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6qi4d8/why_does_adrenalin_require_activation_cpu/

Has anyone managed to get this one working?
My DSi just crashes and nothing hapoens. I'm trying to load fwtool.

gbatemp.net/threads/ugopwn-usa-flipnote-studio-dsi-sploit.479353/

It won't.
Activation was disabled only a few days ago and he already announced his big surprise when? In April? Somewhere around that time, I believe.

i found a tool called quckbms it might be able to identify the compression type.
youtube.com/watch?v=xZONf5fXEOg

>Nientiendo banea my 3ds
oh no, espera no lo hicieron porque no soy un retrasado que cayó en el meme del cfw del transexual
>ordeno un new 3ds xl nuevo de amazon de todos modos
>Escogo entrega en un dia
>Llega a mi choza en medio de la sierra madre oriental
>Le digo a amazon que los carteles robaron mi paquete
>Amazon me hace la devolucion
>Uso la devolucion para pedir un vita con una tarjeta de 64 gb
>Elijo envio gratis porque la vita no tiene juegos
>Llega a la puerta de mi choza
>Hay una cabeza de un narco en la banqueta
>Le digo a amazon que robaron mi vita
>Me devuelven mi dinero
>Uso ese dinero para pedir una pizza de domino's
oh espera no, porque domino's no reparte en mi colonia de mierda
>Voy al pueblo que esta a 100 km
>Camionetas del ejercito y retenes de policia en la carretera
>Juego mi vita mientras revisan mi vehiculo
>El reten me deja ir luego de buscar drogas en mi ano
>Llego al pueblo y busco little caesars
>Aun no hay en el pueblo
>Encuentro un walmart
>Compro una pizza congelada y una coca
>Regreso a mi casa a jugar pokemon en linea
Fuck nintendo and sony and domino´s and fuck little caesars and the USA

fuck flipnote god dammit why not a fucking browser exploit shit.