I want to hate these

I want to hate these.
I really do.
I used to despise auto trans's.
But fuck men, it's just too good. This DSG is just simply amazing.

try to left foot brake without a tune

I just want the tech. I love screens. I love that they basically relabeled Audi's virtual cockpit with a couple VW logos instead. I want screens to help me feel more like I'm piloting Starship 1 instead of a 20k shitbox.

I would rather have something simple

Wouldn't know, was Unitronic Stage 1+ day 1.

It would be extremely slow

The light change looks like it belongs on a truck.

For u

dsg is nice when it's doing what you want

annoying as fuck when it isn't

i've driven a 3.5ton truck with it and that just felt weird, trucks aren't meant to shift that fast

Don't let DSGs change your opinion of autos, they are totally different beasts and autos are sill shit.

Are they the things in VW golfs/polos that make it sound like it's taking a huge shit between shifts?

Why do Hyundai's dueling clutches suck so much?

well you see, it doesn't matter how nice a transport is if it will spend a lot of time at the mechanics. DSG is a pleb tier germans trying to show they can do anything that went retarded. Even germans are starting to drop it on a newer high end models. The only reasonable auto transmissions are american old styles ones and cvt.

VWs DSG are nice and at least dont have swiss cheese for clutches like the mk7 manuals. I prefer the manuals for these cars though, which is why im leaning to a manual golf r down the line. Put on a stage 2 tune and get a clutch that can handle the power and youcan get to 60 in 3.6 seconds on the R. Of course the dsg will always be faster but eh who cares. You cant go wrong with either one op and liking a good dsg doesn’t make you a fag outright. Just be ready to change th fluids every 40K miles.

>The only reasonable auto transmissions are american old styles ones and cvt.
>no mention of PDK-S

DSG farts ftw

Americans not aware if DSG problems? In Europe Volkswagens are full of DSG problems with the transmission shitting itself under 50k kms. I personally know two cases.

I know the 7-speed is a complete nightmare, but the 6-speed is supposedly pretty solid.
You know, the one they passed down to Skoda because it's cheaper.

Simple is the sleek, minimalist interior of a Volvo S40.
I miss mine. :(

I love simple Volvo interiors and saab interiors are nice without being too cluttered and annoying.

forgot pics

also checking all these dubs

ok im done lol

It's not about the number of gears but construction. Cheaper dry clutch DSGs are kinda shit, although the worst issues have been ironed out mostly. Wet clutch DSGs used on more expensive VAG cars are completely fine if you don't neglect service intervals (they're not like old 3 speed slushboxes that could last 300k without an oil change - but then, no current transmissions are, even modern manuals with their dual mass flywheels have issues)

Are you though?

yeah, still, try some with 100k, even properly serviced wet clutch - try it while parking the car in the uphill. When it is cold, and when it is warmed up. When the car is empty, when it is fully loaded.

Shit I have heard from ppl who actually worked at VAG and designed their original dual clutch gearboxes was like this - Porsche has pioneered it, there was no need to rediscover the wheel - mechanically it was done in 6 weeks and it would last as desired (not much - for dryclutches). But they spent 2 fuckin years fiddling with software to make it disengage one clutch and engage second clutch at the same time, smoothly, troughout the entire lifetime of those clutches, in various temperatures, different cars (weight, drivetrain), as they wear out.

and then they could not get it done properly.. Hell, even BMW is abandoning DCTs and goes for normal torque convereter based automatics because nowadays they shift within 100ms easily and can begin the gearchange almost as fast as preselectors (DCTs), while being noticably stronger, capable of pretty much unrestricted torque ratings (1000Nm+), while being simple to build nowadays when valvebodies are just TCU controlled solenoids.

>trans's

>I used to despise auto trans's.
>This DSG is just simply amazing.
Well a DSG is a DCT, which is certainly *not* an automatic transmission which has a torque converter and all that shit.

I've never driven a car with a DCT, but I've ridden a motorcycle with a DCT and holy shit it was so nice when shifting manually. You can let it shift for you, but why would you?

When is the Corvette going to get a dual clutch transmission? It'd be so much better than an automatic or manual.