/foxg/ - Foxhole General

First thread edition

>Why /foxg/?
/fhg/ is already taken: Other suggestions welcome.

>What is Foxhole?
A top-down MMO shooter set in an alternate WWI-WWII era universe with a persistent world and RTS elements where you play as a single soldier
Your role and the way you contribute to your team is all up to you and there is a lot to choose from
You can pick up guns, rpg, mortar, grenades, HMG, etc. and choose to fight directly on the front lines
Pick up a medkit and become a medic, loot a gas mask from your dead teammate while the enemy throws gas grenades at you
Grab some materials and start building defences, bunkers, sandbags, foxholes, walls, ...
Get a tank, artillery, field gun to blow your enemies to smithereens
Get a comfy truck and become a trucker, transporting supplies and troops, resupplying outposts and accidently driving over your friends.
Mine resources for the war effort because shit doesn't grow on trees
Craft weapons, ammo, tools, vehicles, etc to keep your buddies supplied
Buddy up with a squad and go on epic steamy meme adventures

>How is it MMO
120 player servers for now.

>How do I rank up
foxholegame.wikia.com/wiki/Commend

>Wiki
foxhole.gamepedia.com/Foxhole_Wiki Patch 0.1 Release Notes
foxholegame.com/single-post/2017/07/27/Foxhole-01-Release-Notes-Early-Access

>/foxg/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/S5idRhP9

Other urls found in this thread:

foxholegame.wikia.com/wiki/Rank
foxholegame.com/faq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Let's see how long it will take before this general dies.

I went in with no expectations and was blown away literally, field guns are no joke.

Is nobody playing this? It seems like the type of game that Veeky Forums would eat up.

It's great but it hasn't been advertised much and many turn away from >early access

There's tons of full servers though

We should form a group and steamroll servers. What faction does everyone play?

Warden reporting in

So if it's persistent world is it like server specific? So you'd have to play on the same one to get fully immersed and see how the battles progressed?

Warden preferred.

Yes. There's also 6 different maps.

Can anyone give me commendations? I really want to get up to OCdt.

>tfw I'm only Cpl

I mean I don't even know what I am.

There's a ranking system in this game? I'm just checking it out.

Press F1

Yeah. It doesn't do much and you still have a level system to show skill.
foxholegame.wikia.com/wiki/rank

Yes
foxholegame.wikia.com/wiki/Rank

So far only the Cpl has a privilege. You can create a squad starting that rank.

Is there a way to make the chat box smaller?

convince me to buy this game right now

Do you like planetside or helldivers?

You can debate politics and the killing of spics, chinks, or commies on the way to the front. Do note that you're not actually killing any of the three, and you may in fact be playing as spics, chinks, or commies.
Nobody knows.

i like ww2 rts and fps

>helldivers
Is it as fast as helldivers?
Are there NPC enemies?

It's more ww1 top down tps with rts elements.

No, but it's not unbearably slow and the only ai are automated defenses.

war is hell
war can also be comfy if you sit in the rear with the gear

It's planetside meets ace of spades, of that as you will. Rounds can last anywhere from hours to days depending on where the lines get drawn.

The entire economy is player-driven, with everything from guns to ammo to spawn tickets produced by logistics players mining, processing, and manufacturing goods. This is actually fairly interesting because needs can vary rapidly based on the current situation. A skilled logistical team can completely sway the outcome of a fight.

Combat can vary wildly in pace, highly dependent on the weapons brought to each engagement. Suppression can be very real if one side is packing heavy weapons like HMGs or mortars.

All in all its a blast. Of course it still has some issues. It IS an early access title and as such is naturally a little buggy, and arguably is a bit feature light. The menus are a little clunky fucking minimap while driving when? but the gameplay is engrossing enough to keep you going (especially with the longer round times in my opinion).

>fucking minimap while driving when?
i need this

Roads are simple enough, but yeah, this would be great.

I like this game, but I keep running into the most autistic poos and brits.

Ran into a guy yesterday named something Wellington. REALLY bad fake accent. At least he was eager.

Yeah I happened to run into a bunch of people faking german accents and complaining about a lack of SS.

>Some guy in a truck with me starts rambling about how we're going to kill the chinks
>Get to an outpost, he runs up to the gate and shouts "CHING CHONG OPEN DOOR FRIENDLY"
>They actually fucking do

Can I play the game on a DirectX 10.1 card?
Or is it the Dx11 only meme shittery.

So tempted to buy this shit but with dead cells, hollow knight, fire pro wrestling and 911 operator at the top of my wishlist it's a hard choice. I wish any of them had a deeper discount.

Yeah, you can play it.

I keep running into actual brits (and poos). So far, they've been about 70% insufferable; sometimes they're trying to roleplay and it's just the most awkward shit ever or they're trying to take command when they don't know what the hell they're doing.

How CPU intense is this game?
Hows performance in general?

Not at all?
I've never had any stutter or anything like that.

>i5-7600K 3.8GHz
>1070
>8GB RAM

Haven't ran into a single issue. Buttery smooth frames and no graphical issues whatsoever.
It's not very intensive on any front.

Wardens are the good guys. This is a known fact.

>Truce

Nu-uh, the Wardens eat babies and smell bad. I know because a Colonist told me.

>lord pepe
you shot that faggot right

That was me.

saved

>This is what the Colonial actually believes

just bought this stupid crap, where are we playing?

I don't think we have a server that Veeky Forums specifically prefers to play on, we're too new.

Fox servers seem pretty good. If the General is still up a bit later I'll look into a particular server to get onto.

We should have a code phrase so we can identify each other while in game.

good to know
i joined some random server to learn, but the ping isn't displayed and i think i joined an USA one since the voice chat was laggy af (i'm europoor)

"traps aren't gay"

user, that's a bad code phrase. Traps are gay.

"Moot did nothing wrong"

Who?

It has to be something you can say in chat that won't get noticed.

i did and no one seemed to notice

how deep is the foxhole?

Real fucking deep

was a reference to the matrix, since its a virtual war and all
>5deep7me

So I just downloaded the game, Did you guys meme me into a venezuela food line simulator?

so what server is foxg playing on?

This could work. This is the code phrase and response.

Still planning it out. Try some out to get used to the game.

I already played
I was on Able 3 on launch and that fucking game was nuts
we finished it last night

Well someone mentioned the Fox servers, but honestly it depends on how big we wanna get. Almost all of the 120 servers will have queues and be constantly full.

this has the potential to be the next ace of spades,
hope it doesnt end the same way tho

member ace of spade

>tfw I can run around with 17 boxes of HMG ammo
real fuckan dank

Half the fun of this game is the atmosphere it puts players in. I was in a server last night where there was a North-South pushing war between the Pits and the Salt Farm, that resulted in the Wardens bringing in tanks.

RATATATATATATATATA
*muffled screams over voicechat in the distance*

madman

Bumpan. Should be able to scout servers just after 8 EST.

damn i really want this game

Easy2 is ded

Buy it

Itll be a gift to myself after I get a job.

DEFEND THE HILL

>Over the top, lads!

Scrounge for parking lot change
Sell oregano to middle schoolers
Mow some lawns

>Sell oregano to middle schoolers
Don't do that. They've caught on, you gotta go with garlic leaves.

For real? Hilarious

Yep. Make sure the leaves got some smell to them, that's what sells it. Mint works too sometimes. Fucking middle schoolers man.

Is this supposed to be WW1-like or WW2-like?

I've been wondering as it seems more like a WW1 kind of game based on all the screenshots I've seen. There's no real air support, encampments are godly and most of the focus seems to be a pointless struggle to push ahead just a little.

That said, I really don't see how a game like this can succeed in the long run. Inevitably you're going to run into the issue where one side will attract all the afks, trolls and shit and the other will just outright win all the time. Also, past a certain point, wouldn't the game just boil down to a side being locked into one or two spots and never being able to push out and slowly being drowned in resources?

Which, to be fair, is a pretty accurate representation of real war but is pretty boring to actually play.

Both. It's not really based on anything. Just technology circa 1900.

That's irrelevant mostly. Stalemates can go on for irl days and it's still fun to play. Even more fun when you push back hard enough to retake half the map.

It is fun, and it's not boring because there's always people to shoot.

No more than Planetside. If your side gets absolutely BTFO via logistics to the point where you can't produce anything you'll just lose shortly after, which is the point of the game. The satisfaction of finally taking an outpost that you lost irl days ago is immense and nearly sexual

>Does the game take place in WWI or WW2?
"Neither. While the game is inspired by early 20th century weapons and tactics, the game actually takes place in an alternate timeline futures. We'll have more to say about the setting in the future.

To be clear, our goal is not to make a WW1/WW2 simulator, but rather to make the player feel like they are fighting a war where the combat and strategies are grounded in the world wars."

>Who are the Wardens and Colonials? Do they represent the Allies or Axis from WW2?
"The Wardens and Colonials are fictional factions from the alternate timeline universe that Foxhole takes place in. They are not representative of any nation/group from real history and neither faction serves as the "good guys" or "bad guys" in the world."

Source: foxholegame.com/faq

Little bit of both. It has WW2 esque weapons and armor but with WW1 attrition tactics. As it stands, the more focus there is on Logistics does cause a faction to eventually out-tech the other with weapons and tanks. Tanks themselves are terrifying and demand AA response with RPGs almost immediately. And as said, collectively moving on an outpost and taking it by force is an amazing feeling.

EMERGENCY BUMP. Gimme 15 minutes and I'll have a Server picked out.

Red pill on this game anons, is it fun?

I like it.

Yeah, it is. Runs fine, looks great, lots of cooperation, maps are good. Gunplay is probably the worst part and that's not saying it's bad, just that it needs a little work.