/ORG/: Winter 2 Hard 4 U

Winter intensifies

Offroad and Overland General. Post any vehicle off road.
Hint: If road is completely covered in ice or snow, you're technically offroad! 2WD fags welcome

>old thread:
>older thread:

>oldest thread

>/out/ thread
>pirate 4x4 thread
pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/699969-anybody-here-surf-Veeky Forums-board.html

General Veeky Forums discord:
>discord.gg/NmpUVzD
Disc/org/ server:
>discord.gg/FGMNmeg
new /ORG/ stickie coming soon

>Someone post the old map I don't have the link anymore

ITT:
>snow
>ice
>salt
>beet juice
>rocks and gravel
>towing people out of ditches
I wanna see Florida license plates with snow and ice around them.

Other urls found in this thread:

zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ctd/d/2005-ford-150-fstx-4dr/6445017122.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just want to put my XJ back on the road so badly. We're getting a blizzard today and I'm going to miss hooning on the empty snow-packed roads.

>those footsteps that turn and show you backing 3 steps to take a picture

Yeah she should have covered her tracks

Reverse winter here in upsidedownland

The landy goes alright in sand too.

Here's the zeemaps link zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

isn't the reliability of that Land Rover close to that of an alcoholic in charge of a liquor store?

Worse actually

unfortunatly i was too far south to get florida snow

>mfw Flagstaff usually gets snow by mid-November
>mfw it hasn't snowed once this season

Yo yo yo, what's the best portable air compressor?
I need something to fill my shit back up after I air down but I don't wanna buy garbage.
I tried some air compressors from various cars at the junk yard and they were all too slow or too low pressure

Harbor freight

powerplant 12

Not enough snow in NorCal to could as winter yet

>Not enough snow in NorCal to could as winter yet

Im a phoneposting nigger sorry

you offend my people

>phoneposting
you fucking should be sorry

It needs to start snowing already so I can go driving through it in my 6x6.
The only real off-roading I have been able to do with it was drive it through a mud "road" before they finished making it a real road. It was like Spintires IRL.

>not phoneposting on a flip phone from 2008
M8 do you even shitpost

2 SCOOPS
>2 WHEEL DRIVE
2 SCOOPS
>2 WHEEL DRIVE
2 SCOOPS
>2 WHEEL DRIVE

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wait what the fuck that spot is a 1 min walk from my townhome. WHO ARE YOU user?!

Pretty eventful day. Lots of snow. So a few pics to dump

Buddy and I rolled around all day just pulling folks out. Probably got 15 people or so. Mostly cars, but sadly there's plenty of 2wd trucks and jeeps around as well

Guess I'll go to work in Spring

One guy was stuck so damn bad we had to tandem pull his truck out

lol see u around user. It's about 100 yards from where I work

Few folks we got out had no idea how to even put their vehicle in 4wd lol.

If you see a white dude riding around in a 2014 Grey V6 Honda Accord, say hi.

Luckily IHOP was open. Since there's always time for pancakes

That's a really nice front-plate you have there. Is it a decal you applied or was it a custom plate?

Overall good day for snow wheeling. Probably gonna do it again tmrw.
Enjoy

I wanna eat IHOP on a snowy day that sounds comfy as H*CK

Bought it at a gun show for like 5$
I like blackbeard so I figured why the fuck not

It was great. Not many people out. Mostly other 4wd pulling folks out.
Was nice to thaw out with coffee and pancakes. Super comfy

I got stuck. But I got out without assistance! At least I got that going for me...

How'd you manage to get stuck there?

likewise, faggot. I'm always driving around town, especially out towards your neighborhood as I work over there and out by the airport

Doing a field perimeter tour, blustery here. Snow drift took it from 6" to 18+" in about ten feet. Tried to power through and just really plowed down in there. Ended up rocking it out in reverse and going back 100', then just driving across the field where it was only 8-10". But I will say, I need better tires and a rear locker bad.

Tire suggestions?

35x12.5x15, mud terrain that performs in gravel, forests, mud and such., while not sucking ass on the road. Wont see sand, ice or snow

Really considering BFG MT KM2s. They're cheap, available and seems like a good all-rounder

Big fan of Goodyear duratracs, and I'd rather not lift it so I'll probably go with the same size as stock (I think it's 275s offhand?)

Not going with 42" TSLs, weak sauce

I'd hang on for a bit, KM3s are just around the corner. I have Goodyear MT/Rs on my half ton and they're excellent on gravel and mud.

Summer duratracs

I'm not buying until spring, so easily another four months

km2 isnt even a real 35

>KEVLAR MTR'S F A G G O T

you think i'm joking

They dont cone in 15, cost way more and wont do as well as an actual mud

What is the bloatmax of tires?

>what is road comfort
c'mon benzo
we essentially have the same trucc
when you getting a winch bumpie btw?

Yours is heavier, has coils on the front and an auto (right?)

They're my next winters. Road comfort is not that much a biggie due to roads being shit & never really above 50mph

Winch bumper; never. 2-inch receiver welded on the front

Should be the same weight. Torsion bars front with leaf sprung rear (coils are on the 2wd, mine is 4) and a 5 speed mazda transmission. It's more the road noise than bumps but I guess the bumps too. Sidewalls also means I've ran 5PSI going 80km/h without issue until I realised something was leaking air.
With all the barns and work sites I go to with dirt roads, I think I have like 8 plus in the tyres now...

My plate for the winch bumpie will sit outside my gay rage and there it will remain until it rusts to dust or someone finally comes and buys it off me for like $30. Land Cruiser will soon have two winch bumpers so I can do a full 180 degree turn in place on the trails but using two winches. So take that.

v good thighs ty

between me and my brother having run just about every m/t tire that has been out i can tell you that they are all loud and shit on road but heres a short list of the ones that perform the best off pavement from my experiences

>super swamper tsl boggers
>super swamper tsl
>old denman ground hawgs
>buckshot wide mudder
>original wild country rtv
all the rest performed about the same. i might sound like a shill for super swampers but if you're going to run a mud tire you might as well run THE mud tire. after running them for a few months i can tell you that they are a little louder than say a bfg m/t but once you get them warmed up they ride just as well as any mud tire and they last a good long time so long as you maintain the tire pressure and rotate them often

Ah fuck, mixed yours with Tacofag... me need sleep

I wish I could fit Nitto Mud Grapplers, but they'd be a tad too extreme

I don’t ever do off-road pic related is my pavement princess though

>mfw my tires havent even grazed dirt in nearly a year at this point either

>mfw i realize im a mall crawler

They have the reputation but desu it's been pretty much faultless in the time i've had it.

the other bonus here is that because of the euro reputation they're 10k less than an equivalent landcruiser or patrol. if something does go really wrong with it I can probably fix it and still come out ahead not to mention have something that is comfy to do long distances too.

If you're going to go with the SS, why not might as well just do those military Michelin (XLMs?) or so from surplus auctions? They're like a fraction of the price since they're not specifically made for civies.

Of course that can't work for mighTAYbenz since he's running like 27 inch tyres on his trcuck but when you're passing 35s, $150 a tyre for a rig pig is really not bad. Of course, there are endless on-road benefits for the SS but offroad they more or less perform the same.

>reputation
ree

>a year
>january 4th
neck yourself blg

>land rovers are unreliable
>b-but im the exception
why does every roverfag say this? either you havent owned it for very long at all, constantly do repairs yourself and just dont realize how often you do them, or got lucky.
fuck off faggot those trucks are complete pieces of shit. its not even debatable.

all right like 8 or 9 months then
fuck u tayfag

Old snow pic, can't wait to get the K5 out in the snow this year...

I'm now officially 10k over my oil change interval btw. It's also -20 outside.

>SFA burb
hnnnnnnnnng

How many sets of tracks up between her legs?

>I'm now officially 10k over my oil change interval

because they suck ass and ride worse than a super swamper and they only come in 16.5 rim size

A buddy got some somewhat comfortable R16 military 38 inch michelins at auction and can't remember the exact code. He used them mudding for 2 years until the rubber finally gave out. It was still pretty comfortable above 50.

but why

If your interval is 5k, and you have full-synthetic oil, and you're now 10k over, that's 15k, which is a good time to change synthetic oil. None of the fucking retarded hurr durr I change full-synthetic oil ever 5-10k miles!!!!

Old Jeep, the one that started it all

new jeep, not quite the same but I still love it

>tfw no 200
why live /org/

Where is this place? It looks oddly familiar.
Cville here.

>Cville here.
wait rly
what do you drive

fuck off blg you dont need a 3rd land cruiser

This salty boi.
And the M923A2, if you've seen that around (in the background of the image).

which penninsula u in bud?

lel youre that same guy. somehow we had a similar chat like a year ago in one of these threads. i used to see you pass by me in that fucking thing on earlysville road all the time.
been a while since ive seen it now though

Hah, good to hear from you again.
The truck wasn't running since mid-July because the transmission failed. It sat on Berkmar Drive behind Hairy-Teets until the end of December when I finally got it running again. I have to put a bit more transmission fluid in it, swap out the filters, get some more diesel and it will be road-ready. The only downside is the cold; the diesel doesn't like the cold, but it will start. I should invest in a block-heater one of these days.

back of my apt complex, midlothian va

Sup fellow Virginian

That's not that Old Buckingham Station, is it?

My 2000 Accord feels like it'll die on me at any moment. Should I cop this? Will it be reliable for a few years if I only put on ~10k miles a year?

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ctd/d/2005-ford-150-fstx-4dr/6445017122.html

2016 4runner

stock wrx survived death valley

I like what you did with this Tahoe. It's called Tahoe for a reason, you get it. These are awesome vehicles for off-road

I thought it was called tayhoe

Thanks fampai. Its been good to me. Its my first car, had it in my family since it was new from the factory, and lost my virginity in the back of it.

who keeps posting this!?
all posters are queens!
everyone is welcome!