/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #851 - Summer Shadow Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania OST - Stardust Speedway Zone Act 1
youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5iLGWqg4M

Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TygxOXnU5DU
twitter.com/SonicJPNews/status/864780926827548672
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rush focus heavily on speeding through zones and time attack (or score attack). The boost serves to go faster and destroy any obstacle that's ahead of you, so the level design is designed around, while the physics were also changed for that.
I love Rush among the Sonic handhelds games because of many reasons, including the main gameplay, which it's a game that tries to keep you busy, rather than letting you relax, especially if you're skillful at it that knows there's more than just one way to go faster.
We have tricks on both air and rails, abilites airbone to know how to use them in perfect moments, enemies ahead which will try to slow us down, the qualities of both Sonic and Blaze, and many more things to worry about if you don't want to look like you're bad at it, and even get a game-over. Oh, and the bosses are not focused on speeding.
After thinking about this, I'm more certain it's not really a type of game you dislike. Rather, I would say Rush is an all-around easy game to play and have fun, while for experienced players that loves time attacks, it's a skillful rewarding game.
So, to try to answer your question, it's not really. You may notice it might be if you play it for the first time, but if you replay it and gain muscle memory of it, you can likely think it's not really a game that lets you to boost and nothing else.
In all things considered, I think you will get your best answer only by playing it. It's better to experience it than to know what does it feel to like to have the experience.

Cute hogs, anons.

FAST

Tried to make it loop.

and i'll have glass of kill sonic mean apple juice with a large shard of glass i mean a straw dammit

i present to /sthg/, my crappy oc from when i was 12.

sonic, but with glasses and tails bangs and a scourge jacket and a strap thing and black spikes. He could create constructs out of rings, so exactly like the fucking Green Lantern but he uses rings as energy.

i've long since reworked him into something less shameful so i think i'm safe

Hay, what's wrong man? You having a stroke? Do I need to call an ambulance?

Nice, although I see a little jitter in there.

More like Shadow got COLONIZED

Two weeks to Mania. The wait is killer.

Shadow got W H A T?

I like it, much better

I really like the change, user.

I've always asserted that Lost World had some terrible characterization and writing so I decided to watch it in japanese today.

I was shocked by how much better the script is in Japanese. It feels like a real sonic game. It actually makes me like the Zeti and Tails isn't NEARLY as whiny.

youtube.com/watch?v=TygxOXnU5DU

It just goes to show how much of Pontac and Griffin's writing can spoil a game.

Think of a male Sonic character. Picture him in your mind.

Are you ready?

You're laying on your back, on his bed, with your legs in the air. He's about to penetrate you. Do you get cold feet and tell him to stop, or let him continue?

Watchign it now, so Lost Hex is an illusionary continent?

Fuck? In what universal scenario would a fuckboy like Silver be penetrating me?

>Eggman Six Demon Clique
Doesn't really roll off the tongue that well, does it?

What was the relationship between Shadow and Maria like?

i love the idea of constructs out of rings, it's really creative. there's no shame in an old oc! it shows creativity.
would you mind showing us your reworked version too? i'd love to see it!

>"Hey, who are you calling fat?"
>"You!"

>"Aren't you the fat one?"
>"WHAT?!"

What an interesting change.

In reality, they were simply surrogate siblings and friends. Maria was too young and Shadow was too emotionally immature at the time to be anything more than that.

But nobody gives a shit about canon when it comes to jerking off, so they were really fuckbuddies the entire time.

>"Now then. Do you have any last words? Although if you do, I don't feel like listening"
*Walks out of the room*

Didn't they know each other for less than a week?

>I resurrected you
LORE

Thanks user, I think I mislead you with my words however, I meant as in at this point I had reworked him into a regular old furry oc rather than a Sonic OC. Everything ended up pretty drastically different so I almost can't call them the same.

I'm considering doing a few doodles going back to his Sonic roots however, I think it'd be fun to do.

i wonder how much modding Mania is gonna have once it hit Steam Workshop?

I really like her hair style.

Would you consider Sonic as being a jerk towards Amy?

Sometimes he can be a bit of one, but mostly not

>30 years of Sonic
>still no aquatic "Sonic's World" character
dead comics don't count

Fuck, I hit enter too soon. Where is the character from? Kinda want to see some concept art of her.

Why is Bump so cute? Sagefags begone

A small jump on the loop, but still much better!

She's one of the general's mascots.

i would really like for the aquatic characters to return in IDW though

fish people and jellyfish people was something I hadn't expected to see

ohhh, i get you. i've got ocs like that; start off as one thing and just turn into someone completely different. it happens sometimes, maybe for the better.

redrawing old ocs is fun! i'd love to see if you ever redrew him.

>It's times like this, I'm the slowest guy ever
Man that's a much better line than "I was too slow to save my little buddy." Makes you realize Sonic is ashamed that he isn't exactly the sharpest tool mentally

She's Bump. One of the generals two mascots, along with Sage the Sloth Also, her birthday is coming soon!

still one of the biggest loss of the comic
she was darn cute too

Post more Bump pics

Thanks for giving me an outlet to share this new one.

It also helps to show how important Sonic and Tails' dynamic is. He's always had tails to rely on to be the smart one and think things through often coming up with solutions that save the day. Without that he's sort of lost.
(ie. Sonic 2 where tails' rocket powered version of the Tornado is what lets sonic get up to the death egg)

No problem!

should i play black night or the genie game?

Thank you!

Once again, the music is a bit too loud during some cutscenes; I can't hear Nakata's voice as clearly, which is a shame.

Black Knight

What presents have you guys prepared for Bump?

she's cute when she's drawn by competent artists, at least. too bad archie never gave characters like her A-list attention.

Ah fuck, I coloured in the gay bara walrus's stomach.

I don't actually consider him gay, it was extremely shallow for Penders to do that, and the storyline he was going to be in would have only been the worst thing ever.

That being said, I can't imagine him actually being with a girl, he seems too busy. If anything, he'd be a one night stand guy. And wake up the mobian he bedded welding or some shit.

a post telling her that Sage is superior

With the Japanese script it's way easier to understand what they were trying to go for with the story of Lost World with Tails feeling like Eggman is replacing him since his main thing is inventing. Maybe I'm just bad at picking this stuff up or Pontac and Graff are just that shit at writing. I can actually get behind the writing here and can understand why Tails is acting so damn whiny. I think that moment where Tails blows up on Sonic and the part with the Badnik attacking Tails should have been switched around though. Overall the japanese script it just so much better, partly cause it cuts out all the crappy lines like "Eggman, you bite".

>that engrish 'go to hell'
>way less insults overall
Wow

Holy shit, why is Zor so much better in Japanese? That whole acting like a chunni rather than an emo kid is way better and the "BAKA!" out of nowhere actually made me laugh.

kek, nice

Oh my fuck, that's gorgeous

Something for both her and Sage

It is, but I wish they had kept her "jelly hat" bigger like it is in the original. It's almost like she has an upturned bowl of noodles on her head in the image I posted.

However, I do think the artist here actually knows how to draw expressions on sonic characters that aren't just painting an anime mouth onto a muzzle.

Sonamy confirmed for Forces.
Let's see if people actually fall for this.

>However, I do think the artist here actually knows how to draw expressions on sonic characters that aren't just painting an anime mouth onto a muzzle.
To be fair, the Sonic style is such shit it doesn't allow for much else

DELETE THIS

The only thing Sonic would kiss is a chili dog.

Sonally BTFO for all eternity!

And here was see Zavok contemplating suicide as he is forced to watch as Amy steals his one true love.

Amylads wins again!

Could you imagine the shitstorm that would happen if this was real, tho?

That shading is too obviously gmod to fool anyone, looks like a Sasso Studios thumbnail

That is what I was looking for. Thanks.

So who exactly is writing Sonic Forces? Sonic Team and Graff?

Shun Nakamura, with Graff writing the english dialogue

We know Japan, at the very least, started the script. Graff is writing, but to what extent we don't know. No clue if any others are also writing.

is wrong, unless Nakamura is producing AND writing, which I haven't seen any confirmation of as of yet (He did write 06 tho)

pretty sure they got btfo by the comic and all of it's characters confirmed dead and gone.

>Shun Nakamura
Is Shun in this sentence a verb or a name?

Actually, I think he just produced 06

Name

name (Shoon)

Not specifically Nakamura, but we know someone in Japan started it.

twitter.com/SonicJPNews/status/864780926827548672

Name, obviously.

>Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) — Director, Chief Game Designer, Game Story, Game Title

It's not that obvious when the name is something like "Shun" and it's in the beginning of the sentence.

Ah. Well fuck me then.

What do you think "Shun" means outside a name fellow Sonicworldian?

It can mean "avoiding association with something or anyone".

Ok then, how would that work in context of the sentence where someone would be confused?

Only three more days until best sloth's birthday!

You didn't forget, did you?

Does Amy really stuff or is she just binding her breasts in this pic?

I didn't even know nor do I care.

I didn't even know that sloth thing was a thing.

What is even the point when we have Bump?

Of course I didn't forget!

Binding. She's trying to be modest & what not

Fuck yeah

No wonder Shadow is so angsty, they took his prime cunny from him

forgot pic because I'm retarded

Sage & Bump are pretty much polar opposites of each other. Bump is cheerful & happy, Sage is a bit of a bitch, Bump's a slut, Sage is not, etc.

It makes for fun pictures too, like this

Binding

Bump is slut. SLUT!

>Bump's a slut, Sage is not

I like to think that Bump fucks everyone but conceals it well, whereas Sage is thirsty as fuck but can't get any.

It would kinda work if someone mispronounces Shun(Shoon) as Shun(Sh-uhn).

Bump is openly a slut and has fun with it but limits herself to whatever's nice in real life. Sage is far more degenerate but hides herself in her room fingering herself to /d/-grade 2D material.