Spooky Driving Stories

Post your creepy/scary/spooky automotive stories here

I'll start

>be me, 18
>decided to go camping deep in the forest with a friend (winter with strong winds so dense forest stops wind chill getting at you)
>pack the car with a tent, food, sleeping bags, special brew
>drive around 8 miles into a massive forestry commission area in scotland
>pitch black on roads like pic related
>everything fine, friend mentions that he feels watched
>brush it off and keep driving
>eventually reach an area slightly wider and decide it's as good as any place to set up
>gather gear up and place it around the back of the car
>hear three loud bangs over to my right, each about 3 seconds apart
>ignore it because it'll probably just be an animal
>carry on setting up
>get the tent out of the bag and start playing music on a portable speaker
>crack open some cans
>friend mentions that he hears something and insists that I turn the music off
>flick the power off on the speaker
>the song we had just been playing continues from within the woodland, distorted as though it was being played through a radio just a little out of the right frequency
>begins to move towards the left, through the trees in a curve around us
>fire the boot open and pack the shit out of the car before jumping in and setting off again
>crack the window open and hear a steady, low pitch noise that sounds like it's following the car
>friend confirms he heard everything too

We went to a pub and set the tent up by a river instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0G7PE1MkhYw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also, does anyone else ever get the feeling that they have someone in the back seat when they're driving alone at night?

It happens to me all the time when I'm driving in rural areas late on

Wow sounds like le skinwalker/goatman/rake memay, just remember White Ash and lullabies my dude XD!!

>Also, does anyone else ever get the feeling that they have someone in the back seat when they're driving alone at night?
>It happens to me all the time when I'm driving in rural areas late on

Yes, all the time.

afaik we don't have skinwalkers in the uk and i just want to share stories

epic upvote for needlessly being a cunt

That story is the r/nosleep Reddit tier shit that killed /x/ and /k/ out doors threads, the "spooky distorted mimic voice skinwalker inna woodz " meme needs to die

>post story that happened to me
>autist gets mad that some aspects are similar to other stories

>>post story that happened to me

>it was real in my mind u hater

I like spoopy innawoods stories, paranormal or otherwise.
Nothing spooky ever happened to be despite living in the foothills of a forest.
Ran into a black bear on foot once but he was just as afraid as I was so we bolted each in our own direction.

No. 70% of my driving is in rural areas and not even skinwalkers, demons or ghosts would want to ride with me.

Their loss, I guess, my back seats are pretty damn comfy. Maybe they just don't like my music?

The CIA glow in the dark, you can see them if you're driving, you just run them over, that's what you do.

I don't ever feel this way
Maybe if I did I wouldn't be so lonely

Big problem for me, makes me nervous
I'm wondering how much better a two seater kei car like a suzuki cappuccino or a honda beat would feel out in the middle of nowhere at night

>you feel it sit right next to you as it's piercing gaze burns a hole in your temple, and before you glance back, it disappears

this rattled me

youtube.com/watch?v=0G7PE1MkhYw
playing music like this keeps the spooky beings away

>10 years old
>driving around australia with my uncle, dad and cousin
>driving in the middle of nowhere in the desert somewhere at 3am
>trying to sleep while my uncle drives
>uncle and dad are talking about something
>hear them say something along the lines of "what the hell is that"
>they pull over to the side of the road and I see 3 guys dressed in bright yellow radiation/chemical suits(respirators and everything)
>dad and uncle get out of the car and talk with them for a few minutes
>uncle comes back to the car and gets his I.D to show the guys
>they get back in the car and we drive off
>don't what my dad said about it at the time but the last time I asked him he had no recollection of the incident

Keep in mind this was in the middle of a desert. Even at that age I knew it was really weird for someone to be walking down a deserted road at least an hour from the nearest town.

probably some sort of chemical spill or other contaminant.
...but I wish it was ayys

>be 18
>driving to friends house with 4 other bros
>30 minute drive through thick forest, no houses/lights for miles
>see a friends brothers truck parked on the side of the road
>figure he's hotboxing (people drive down there all the time to smoke up, drink ect.)
>decide to stop and chill for a bit, already pretty baked.
>walk up and see blood all over the inside of the windows
>Friends brother blew his head off with a shotgun.

I still have nightmares.

On a side note, about 10 years ago a guy kidnapped 3 women and tied them to a tree in those woods. He raped and tortured them for weeks until one of them got away and somehow found her way to the road. Some poor bastard found her horribly beat up naked body on the road. None of them survived and nobody has been charged.

There's all sorts of stories of people seeing a womans ghosts in the woods, but I guess that's to be expected. I haven't driven down there in years.

Damn that sucks. Also how did they not catch the murderer/rapist? I mean shit mane DNA samples.......

>He doesn't drive around in a single cab pickup

I'd imagine it was because there are no DNA or fingerprint records in databases to match with the ones at the crime scenes. There's no statute of limitations on murder though. If some time in the future the guy ever gets fingerprinted for a DUI or something, he's fucked.

No because 2 seats

>be me live out in country
>driving home late at night
>45min drive home
>its about 3am in october
>half way through i slow down to a young woman around 19 walking down the state road
>she's wearing just a hoodie and short shorts
>its like 45 degrees out
>pull up next to her roll down my window
>"ma'am are you ok? its pretty cold out do you need a lift into town?"
>she just stares ahead not looking at me continues to say nothing
>me gets impatient and speaks a little louder "HEY ARE YOU OKAY"
>she fucking darts her head in my direction and smiles at me really fucking weird like she's trying to smile but it looks strait
>fucking freaks me out so i floor about 30 yards away
>stop and look at my rearview mirror unable to see anything
>hear loud yelping then see her full on bolting strait to my car
>floor it and lose control of my rwd for a second then regain control and make it home ok

im pretty sure it was just a crackhead plenty of those in the midwest around here. still freaked me the fuck out though. bought a handgun that i keep in theglove compartment just cause of this

crackheads wilin'

bumP

I wouldn't worry about it

you posted this before. that's what you get for trying to be a retarded white knight. if she wanted help she would have flagged you down.