What do?

Okay where do i start, I am 19, have no clue what i want to do in life, have no job (Had 2 previous but they sucked) and insurance is crushing at $500 a month (for basic) for my car (pictured). What do u guys think? I was thinking about selling my car and getting a motorcycle for cheaper insurance but i live in Detroit

inb4 get different car bc insurance wasn't lower than $315 on the vast amount of cars i looked at

Sell your car and buy a cheaper one, non Si version

a nice pair of kneepads always is a good idea

How the fuck do you pay $500 a month. I pay $300 for 6 month coverage in Chicago

>nsurance is crushing at $500 a month (for basic) for my car (pictured)

Did you buy your insurance policy at a liqour store?

Jesus fucking christ you're retarded

>$500 a month
Wtf
Mine was 500 a year when I was 19.
Is this what happens when you don't have a clean driving record?

Ok to clear some stuff up, My insurance is expensive because Michigan has some of the highest rates in the country, im not on my parents policy, and even the non Si was almost as expensive as the Si. I had Esurance and i only got my license and started driving when i was 18.

500 a month is out of control
why even drive?
have you called Safe Auto?

I feel you OP.
In Canada my car insurance when I started driving was $400/month for a civic as well lel.
You Americans have no idea how good youve got it with insurance, try calling up companies from neighbouring states maybe.

5 yrs later its down to below $200.

SafeAuto just recommended to go to Progressive, and Progressive told me over $540 a month for the most basic coverage. If a got a Honda cbr600rr which is my fav motorcycle, insurance would be $35 a month for the same coverage, and maybe i would just move to a warmer place.

Yes I have a clean driving record, i have only been driving for 1 year and some change though.

>$500 a month (for basic)

NIGGER ARE YOU CRAZY. I CAN KILL A FAMILY OF FOUR, PAY FOR THEIR HOSPITAL AND FUNERAL EXPENSES AND MILLION DOLLAR REHAB FEES AND MY INSURANCE IS LIKE $750 FOR SIX MONTHS

5 years from now you will have paid about $30,000. That is more than enough to pay for damages in a fender bender if you are unfortunate enough to have one in the next 5 years. There is no justification for such high insurance.

Right on. thanks

register your insurance at a relatives house who will get you lower rates. Detroit is high risk with higher premiums

Detroit is gay. Move to another place like Colorado.

>$500 a month (for basic)
user plz...

I DID register it at a different a relatives place; my parents.

I don't believe it
Its not possible your insurance is $500 a month for a Civic
Call them and ask to speak to your adjuster and find out why the cost is so high, and then ask which car is cheapest. Sell this money pit and buy a whatever the adjusted recommends.

I bought a Civic like this when I was 20. Youre a retard if youre paying that much. its also paid off.

stacking money now.

M8 I am 17 and drive a E46 M3.... My insurance is $197 a month. Are you asian or something?

Look into other companies for insurance, I use A&G. Get a quote, call another place after and say can you beat the quote, rinse and repeat.

Can be. Me and a bro did a burnout at a stip light and the retarded Mongolian nazi cop gave him a ticket for drag racing.

Payment on new challenger 700 month. Insurance on sports car eith that ticket $750 a month.

He now drives around tulsa oklahoma in a liftes 4x4 1986 chevy with an all roller bigblock and still saves money.

Are you making payments on the car? If so sell it and pay for a car cash. something cheap and reliable. Then only get liability on it. It shouldnt be that bad. If the car is new, and not paid off, and you're young you're just asking to be raped.

It IS paid off.