/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 1st of August:
902 – Taormina, the last Byzantine stronghold in Sicily, is captured by the Aghlabids army, concluding the Muslim conquest of Sicily.
1894 – The First Sino-Japanese War erupts between Japan and China over Korea.
1914 – The German Empire declares war on the Russian Empire at the opening of World War I. The Swiss Army mobilizes because of World War I.
1943 – World War II: Operation Tidal Wave also known as "Black Sunday", was a failed American attempt to destroy Romanian oil fields.
1944 – World War II: The Warsaw Uprising against the Nazi German occupation breaks out in Warsaw, Poland.

>News
CK2 DD 60 - Rally Up
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-60-rally-up.1037651/

EU4 DD 01/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/fuck/tripcode/gEXp1TuUhJX/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/an-economists-thoughts-on-victoria-2-and-3.994002/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/niggers/tripcode/gEXp1TuUhJX/
ourworldindata.org/fertility/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilenization_of_Tacna,_Arica_and_Tarapacá
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

During the late 19th century and early 20th century, 13 million Italians left for the New World, this being the biggest migration in the world.

But for some reason, it's not necessary to simulate that in HPM because who gives a fuck, it's ahistorical.

In the year 1815, birth rates in the United Kingdom were of 6 children per woman, while in 1909 they had declined to 2.9 children per woman. This enormous decline meant that population growth starting halting during this period.

BUT IN THE GAME, YOUR POPS WILL KEEP GROWING AND GROWING UNTIL 1935, TILL YOU GET 150 GORILLION POPS.

SOMEHOW, THIS IS NORMAL, NOBODY CARES ABOUT POPS. HPM GUY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR POPS, HE ONLY CARES ABOUT SILLY EVENTS. HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT POPS ARE THE CORE OF THIS GAME, AND THAT IF HE WANTS TO KEEP IT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE HE MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SHIT.

I'm tired, I'm tired of being ignored. Nobody cares about pops. When you realize that pop growth and migrations are everything in this game, you'll realize that we can fix them and make Victoria 2 really GOOD. But if I try to fix them, everyone will call me a discord faggot.

We need to end with this HPM dictatorship.

I'll say this again

How's my comfy Genoa?

Not included are Black Sea holdings and Chios. Saluzzo is my vassal and I'm allied to France and Hungary (who has PU over Bohemia)

Any tips for M+T???

white men

white men

kill turks y/n?

It looks pretty good though.

>Any tips for M+T???
Yes go Protestant for free mana

If HPM actually makes all these meme changes to Africa then I might as well quit playimg the mod entirely.
That'd be a good thing actually, since HPM os the only thing tying me to Vicky, which is the only thing tying me to grand strategy, which is the only thing tying me to /gsg/, which is the only thing tying me to Veeky Forums entirely

white men

I can't do that, I'm a loyal servant of the antipope!

original post

Everytime I form and play as Prussia in eu4 I always end up in a situation with Austria nominating the south and then me mostly dominating a good portiion of the north. Guess it's kinda realistic it basically turning into north vs south germany.

>!
reddit

wow it takes less than 8 minutes for a thread to drop to page 8

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

No problem.

I don't think so. If you want the place, you can already take it.

I'm not inclined to do it, it causes a few problems but I might do it in the future if I can solve them.

>could you include some Bulgarian Muslim pops in southern Eastern Rumelia and Eastern Macedonia to represent
There's already a few bulgariam muslims IIRC.

>Dedeagatch should be Dedeagats (from the Greek Δεδεαγάτς), Xanthe should be Xanthi, and Trikkala should be Trikala.
Thanks, I will take a look.

White Men.

Ever thought of having a "reparations' cb that doesn't require one to disarm the adversary? Perhaps the humiliation cb can have an extra reparations effect in addition to the prestige hit the target gets.
Thought?

IS COLONIZATION FIXED YET IN MEIOU & TAXES?

Seems reasonable. I will add it to the list.

What's wrong with it?

My Genoa game was going to be trade/colonial so ...

Is there any chance of having non-puppet arab nations that are in the Arab Union's sphere petition to join the Arab Union? I ask cuz in my current islamic gommunism game I just wrenched Yemen away from the brits, and I think it'd be a bit stupid if I then had to unsphere Yemen so I could invade them.

hey HPM, shouldn't Bristol have a port?

I warned you, Austria, but you didn't listen

I think the AI is getting smarter. They are actually making kingdoms now and banging their daughters less.

Which one? Adding a new cb or adding the effect to humiliation cb? Perhaps increase the humiliation cb warscore cost and/or infamy cost for the sake of some balance?

HPM I think you should add Southern Andean pops to Argentina's Western and North Western provinces, and also add them as accepted. Argentina isn't really all "Platinean", the Western part has more in common with Chile or Bolivia than with Buenos Aires

If the Union is a cultural tag then they will, otherwise, probably not. I don't think they are a cultural sphere so they won't.

>I ask cuz in my current islamic gommunism game
This actually makes me think that the "Join X country" decisions shouldn't happen if the target country has a radical government. I mean, monarchy Crete wouldn't ask to join Communist Greece.

I don't have the game open right now, but I will check it out.

Adding a new CB.

did i ever tell you that you're basd

cultural union*, fuck. Time to sleep.
Good night user, good night /gsg/.

I'd need more than your word and they aren't getting south andean as accepted.

hehhehe hpm said fuck

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/fuck/tripcode/gEXp1TuUhJX/

You can research, but I don't think it's necessary. Geographically, Western Argentina is in the Southern Andes, not in the La Plata basin. Historically, it had more ties with Chile and Alto Perú (Bolivia) than Buenos Aires, until the Virreinato de la Plata was abolished. But that was only 20 years before the game start, so things couldn't have changed that much. Also during early 19th century Argentina didn't have a centralized government, and Argentina's national identity only started developing from the 1860s onwards.

If anyone is interested in why Victoria 2's economy is shit you can read this:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/an-economists-thoughts-on-victoria-2-and-3.994002/

>a game can't simulate 1:1 such a complex and unpredictable system like the global economy
>wow it's shit
and yet it's the best economy system we got for any game like these

Everyone's slowly becoming W&B

white men

I think EU4 with its abstract and simplistic economic system works better than Vicky 2. I'm sorry about it

EU4 has no economy system. Economy implies goods move. They don't, there are no goods, they act just as modifiers in the production of money.

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/niggers/tripcode/gEXp1TuUhJX/

Yet it works better than Victoria 2

There's no economy system. So by definition it can't work better than anything, because it doesn't exist.

Good night
A suggestion for when you wake up
Having literacy above a certain percent lowers pop growth as a modifier to the entire nation

But Paradox keeps working in EU4 and doesn't work on fixing Victoria 2. Disgusting. If they could fix the economy Victoria 2 would undoubtedly be their best game.

Also they are not even working in a sequel. Fuck Paraducks

How would that make sense? That's a completely modern trend? Why would low literacy pop in a nation stop growing because the average went up?

It is undoubtedly their best game

It's not a modern trend. Look at the first post, or look at this. UK birth rates went down from 6 in 1815 to 2.9 in 1911, that's a huge change and it was during the game's period.

ourworldindata.org/fertility/

>Also they are not even working in a sequel.
Would you really want them to work on it considering their current philosophy on game design? It's better if the game is made once they've realized they've made mistakes.

How do you know that's correlated with literacy?

It's not correlated to literacy per se, but to improvements in life quality.

Since we can't really take into account life quality because of game limitations, literacy is the closest thing.

The HRE is almost completely converted. Only Austria managed to revert to Cath*lic which will change quite soon

>It's not correlated to literacy
Then what the fuck are you talking about?
>Having literacy above a certain percent lowers pop growth as a modifier to the entire nation
>that's modern
>no it isn't
>well it's not about literacy

Any colonial culture changes in south america are valid and not valid at the same time, for instance, Chile shouldnt even share the same culture of Peru and Bolivia.
This en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilenization_of_Tacna,_Arica_and_Tarapacá pretty much shows how they are different cultures, so since South Andean shouldnt even exist as it is, it wouldnt make sense to implement such changes without a complete revamp of the cultures.

>France stays catholic during reformation
>pope still hates them
>excommunicates every ruler immediately
>Most hated country for 300 years
>Diploannexes the french vassals
>Spain/NL/Austria/Naples forces it to release them again
>repeat every 30 years
>meanwhile Austria expanded west
>England is bothering nobody
>Prussia destroyed Pol-Lit

>improvements in "life quality" make people live less

Then suggest me how would you make it so that having a rich country makes your birth rates go down? Can you come up with any ideas, genius?

I'm tired of this board, it's full of contrarian faggots

based Persialad

Are you retarded or something? Improvements in life quality don't make people life less, but make people have less children. Pop growth is not only about death rates, but birth rates too. And birth rates went down during Victoria 2's time period.

Jesus, sometimes I think I am sharing this general with a bunch of retarded inbred monkeys.

it's a strategy game not a history simulator

>Then suggest me how would you make it so that having a rich country makes your birth rates go down?
Why does it need to be like that? "pop growth" isn't only birthrate, you know, it's also people not dying

>Can you come up with any ideas
What, shit ideas like yours? I can come with a hundred

HOW

>life less
You are the retarded inbred (sic) monkey

pops

We have a shitton of things that already simulate how death rates go down during Victoria 2's period, but nothing has yet come up with an idea to simulate decreasing birth rates?

How difficult is that? I thought you were a genius. So you should come up with some good ideas.

Hey HPMguy, to solve the POP non-variance growth thing, why not do what PDM I think, at least definitely DoD does and have an event every few years that changes your growth rate? It'd be quite dynamic, if you make it say, every ten years instead of 20, since we in demographics can start seeing trends for population changes at least, and usually trends do tend to chug on for a while even after losing their proverbial 'steam'.

I love it. Now I will be sorely disappointed if England and all of Scandinavia don't convert. Severely. Europe just doesn't look right if the north isn't one nice blue blob.

You can roleplay the rise of Protestantism in Aquataine as a remnant legacy of the Catharii. Which isn't a meme since a lot of the later Huguenots were from the south. If I want to switch a somewhat stagnant game up, I tagswitch and change religion for them, and say, make France Reformed.

It is rather neat though, Austria converted. You should marry the duchess, pat her head and tell her she's a good girl.

Why would you simulate birth rates when the game doesn't ever talk about birth rates?
The health care reforms doesn't make people have more kids, my illiterate friend.

This is the shittiest place on the Internet. You try to make the game better, introducing new ideas, and everyone shits on you.

People here only suck HPM guy's dick. You have no imagination, you have no ambition, that is why you are a bunch of losers.

You have no vision, can't you see? I will make my own mod, with my own ideas, and it will be much better than anything you could ever come up with, you little piece of shits.

Will you add a Romanian population to Albania, Epirus and Macedonia to represent the Aromanian population?
Maybe even core's and the option to create an Aromanian nation or expand there as Romania?

at least more based people are coming out

>It is rather neat though, Austria converted. You should marry the duchess, pat her head and tell her she's a good girl.
They converted back 10 years later. I'm waiting for the perfect opportunity to revert that, as they're now the last big nation in the HRE that's not Protestant

I've said this a shitton times and I have to say it again. The game has a huge flaw there. It doesn't take into account birth rates, and that is a terrible mistake. Birth rates are as important as death rates. Because of this, you have unrealistic population growth, and countries will get unrealistic population numbers in the late game. But nobody seems to care about this, and every time I tried to introduce a solution to this I've only been critized. You don't really care about late game, but I do, and late game is retarded and unrealistic. You are a bunch of stupid comformists.

>Why would you simulate birth rates when the game doesn't ever talk about birth rates?
>Doesn't even talk
What the fuck then are the baby booms, and the pop increase rate?

Add in some late game inventions which would decrease the growth rate of a nation. Birth control, etc. Make the woman's suffrage decision decrease population growth rate. I'll see if I can find a list of possible inventions which would work.

In WtWSMS if WRE still exists, will the Pope make the Frankish Empire into the HRE?

>the game doesn't take into account birth rate
>let's make literacy affect something the game doesn't take into account
Genius

Just explanations for population growth modifiers done through events. Assuming pop growth = birth rate because of that is completely idiotic.

>people disagree with me
>WOW STOP SUCKING HPM DICK YOU ARENT SUPPOSED TO POINT FLAWS IN MY IDEAS FUCK YOU AND THIS PLACE EVERYONE SHOULD AGREE WITH ME
When the fuck did we start getting this kind of faggot here?

are you arguing with yourself?

So what should birth rates be based on according to your logic?

They were becoming unbased but bleached themselves back to basedness. Now Austria will get baited to attack me for the 6th time and I'll convert them with the aid of Milan's 15 doomstack

> Assuming pop growth = birth rate because of that is completely idiotic.
Population growth is literally birth rate+ immigration-death
Are you stupid or something?

I consider that a force convert by the Emperor. She'll find her way later, and then you can give her the headpats that are long overdue.

Look, just reassemble the League, be the Evangelical Union's leader. Being you're a republic and are ineligible for the Emperorship just makes you all the better a choice. And I mean that literally too, I do think the nations in a League trust you more if you're not voting yourself for Emperor.

Can you please tagswitch for a second and make England and all Scandinavia convert? Pretty please?

I'm an Englishman. I'm from Bermondsey, South-East London. My father was called George. He was also from Bermondsey. His father, another Bermondsey man, was called George too. And his father, my great-grandfather, is from the same place. He was called Edward.

These three generations of my family, were in the fish trade. I'm the first member of my family not to work at the market in Billingsgate. My great-grandfather had eleven brothers and sisters. They all married except one. They had 43 children. Of these 37 married and between them they had further 159 children. One of those was my father. I don't know exactly how many of his generation married or exactly how many children they produced. I've so far tracked over two-hundred of them.

Many still live in Bermondsey. Some are still in the fish trade.

There are seven called George, and five called Victoria. I stand here, in front of you, as a representative of all of them. And I ask in their name the great question put by our patron, Mr Powell. What do they know of England, who only England know? Or, what can my family, who come from England, who lived in England, who know only England, say of this, our country?

Mr Powell once spoke of the destruction of ancient Athens and the miraculous survival in the blackened ruins of that city of the sacred olive tree; the symbol of Greece, their country. And he also spoke of us, the English, at the heart of a vanished empire, seeming to find within ourselves that one of our own oak trees, the sap rising from our ancient roots, and he said perhaps, after all, we who have inhabited this island fortress for an unbroken thousand years, brought up, as he said, within the sound of English bird song under the English oak, in the English meadow, beneath the red cross of St. George, it is us who know most of England.

The game doesn't simulate birth rates. Only population growth. Your argumentation doesn't make sense.

Yet someone wants to base all that in literacy.
I guess people die more when they get more literate.

The problem is not that you don't agree with me, the problem is that you aren't suggesting anything. I am trying to fix something from the game, and you, instead of doing some constructive criticism, just shit on me and my ideas. I only care about fixing pop growth in late game, I don't care about how that is done.

Yes, being literate doesn't make you have less children. But countries with high literacy are usually the richest ones in the game, and richest, developed countries have lower birth rates than poor countries. So, literacy should be a good indicator of life quality and make your pop growth slow down.

If you can come with a better idea, I will hear you.

But what about mega meme rio grande do sol blobs with a million pops and accepted cultures from sea to shining sea?

And I appreciated him for saying that, because it was as if he spoke for my family, who understand well their own country. Who understand even better their own capital, London town, as we used to call her. As we strolled in her parks, as we marveled at her palaces, as we did buisness in the city, went west for a dance, took a boat on the river. The pale ale and eel pie of old London. The London of my family for as many generations as I know. The London that will in less than fifteen years will be less than fifty percent white. London, where in fifteen years a white person will be in the minority.

Am I racist? No. Do I have anything against people of other races? No. Would I prevent them from coming into my home? No. So what then is my gripe?

My gripe, and I speak on behalf of seven men called George and five women called Victoiria, my gripe is quite simple.

My gripe is that we were never asked. My gripe is that we were told, not asked, and everyday we are told again and again how we are to be and how our country is to be. We are told by them, and we know who they are, they're English too. They are the class that has always set themselves apart, they are the class that has always taken what they wanted for themselves, and now they are the class that is giving England away.

They have never asked us, and they never will.

Do we allow them to sell our heritage? Or is it time for us to speak?

To speak, to refuse them the right to give away our holy, or bountiful, our only England that has, that has nurtured us, naked, grown us as the oak. Is it time for us that England know to come yet again and defend our country? With our fire, our fists?

Is it time for us sons to rise again?
I say yes.
I say yes.

I say... Yes.

Are you saying

birth rate+ immigration-death = birth rate

?

Unless you are saying this, he has a point.

Pop growth in victoria 2 also counts people leaving and deaths so...

He said
Pop growth = Birth rate + Immigration - Death rate

>I guess people die more when they get more literate.

But people also have less kids in educated societies.

So much so that the population in Japan is declining nowadays.

What do you want to have no simulation of birth rates into population growth and have it based of a magical number?

What you are trying to fix is a non problem derived from the fact you don't understand shit about the game.
Stop crying people aren't as retarded as you.

>Can you please tagswitch for a second and make England and all Scandinavia convert? Pretty please?

Nope, I'm playing ironmeme and the console is disabled, sorry laddo. But don't worry too much because they'll eventually convert, France is almost there while some provinces in Britain are starting to become Protestant

>I'm not inclined to do it, it causes a few problems but I might do it in the future if I can solve them.
What problems does it cause exactly? If it's just where the capital relocates to have it go to the highest pop non colonial province. London to Leeds, Rio de Jeneiro to Sao Paulo, Istanbul to Ankara, Turkey to Ankara.

Please HPM, I hate Netherlands making the Caribbean states and I have to take those states before Amsterdam because of it.

M8 learn to read, you are reducing the literacy rate of your nation.

And as for Scandinavia, Norway is already 100% Protestant

I had not realized the average /gsg/ user was so retarded until today

I fully understand the game, and pop growth is a mechanic that is totally unrealistic and I want to fix it.

You don't want to fix it because your brain is so small you can't even see what is wrong with these mechanics. But I can't waste more of my time arguing with you, for you will never be able to understand it, because of your low intelligence

If I were you I'd make all "Turkish" pops in thr balkans just muslim Greeks, Bulgars, etcetera. Because currently every game Bulgaria is 75% t. *rk.

did industrialize too fast lads?
if i can't fix this ill just abandon the run. can anybody recommend a good nation to learn how to industrialize?

>tfw to smart too use /gsg/

would it be possible to create a client state mechanic like the one in EU4 but balanced for vick2?

>comparing modern day japan and generalizing to all countries in the 19th centuries

"kys"

t. life less