/acg/ - Armored Core General

Just fuck my shit up senpai edition.

Last bread: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/xbmqvz0x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ACLR DESIGN CONTEST

For this entire thread any screencaps of Last Raven ACs posted that reply to this post will be up for voting. At 500 (200 more on this thread) posts (or if we hit the image cap limit), entries will close and voting will begin for the last 250 posts. Winners announced in the next thread. Pics can include just the AC, or the AC plus the emblem.

IN GAME IMAGES ONLY. You can use an emblem replacer or any cheat you want but you can't submit artwork.

Each ACs will be graded and rewarded separately for:
>Aesthetic: Purely on the paint, parts, and other design features
>Practicality: How good is this AC at combat? H+ is allowed.
>The story / creativity behind the AC. This includes pilot name, AC name, emblem, and how well it fits into the ACLR universe.

If the thread dies, we'll carry on the post counts to the next one.

80 more posts then, started in the thread before last at

Got some tips on how I can disable the blur in ACLRP from LunaMoo, hopefully this helps.

hi thread, i just got home from work, what vidya should i play today?
and what vidyas are you guys on?
>start 3rd playthrough of nier: automata
>finish nioh
>finish yakuza 0
>start a fresh hard mode run of ace combat 5
>actually play armored core (i own most of them so suggest away)
>maybe try to find an actually good romhack of super metroid
>finish persona 5 (don't suggest this, the game was way too long and i'm still too burnt out despite literally being on the second to last day)
>diablo 2, a game i haven't played in years that for some reason i just got a huge hankering to play
i'm somewhat impulsive so i might just start up diablo 2 for now until i inevitably get bored
have another phone drawing

Ace Combat 5

diablo 2

No FM4 suggestion.

Lol I just noticed that the title for this thread has senpai in it but I actually typed senpai. What the fuck.

Oh my god, I just found a easter egg on Veeky Forums.

F a m = senpai.

I have spent too many hours just testing different setups while Ammo/End Bomb is waiting for our second arena match.

I'm okay with this change.

f a m -> senpai
t b h -> desu

I was going to bump the thread at about 8:30, but hiro jewbanned my phone and then it archived a couple minutes later.
Boyo.
That wordfilter is, like, two year old. It was rolled out with two others that wordfilter into desu and...I think the other one was baka?
Screw all of that, go play Silent Hill and then Silent Hill 3. I've been playing 3 and I had to stop to recompose myself.

:\

we need a word filter so that every time you type "armored core" it becomes "gundam" desu

Shut your fuck up

Took a dumb amount of time to set up Cheat Engine to work with PPSSPP, adjusting logging levels so I can get the damn memmap numbers.

Stupid.

Well I never knew that it was a thing desu.

You ever have so much shit open on your computer that you feel overwhelmed and your arms get a little numb?

This is like every time I bother with this ACLRP blur shit.

I'm going to physically attack FromSoft.

was leaning towards this from the start desu
but it's been i don't know how many years since i've played so i have to appease my longing
at least for now
i've played through FM4 a couple of times already
besides, i'm a much bigger fan of 3.
actually good suggestions. however, the only version of 3 i own is the...... "HD" "collection" and i've watched that long ass review of it enough times to know that it should probably just go in the trash.
the twinperfect one i think it was? i've never seen anything else done by them, and i hate watching youtube reviews of ANYTHING, but i've watched that one like 3 times now and it's just amazing, every time.
and it's, like, hours long. it's like a well-done documentary on everything that went wrong with silent hill, i fucking love it.
one day i'll get 'round to 'em.
made me smile
laughed for no reason. thanks

GANBARE SENPAI

Mmmmmm... figured out how to give it the darkened pause screen effect which I thought had no motion blur but I guess it just made it too dark?

It's still there, just real subtle. Maybe if I just tweak these a little...

Oh btw it's at 0x08C05241 you just set it from 0 to 1 while in the AC VR test at least.

God, I thought my antidepressants were also supposed to help with my attention problems but I still feel the strongest urge to tear away from this and do anything else. My body doesn't want to be here dealing with this.

Seein my psychiatrist later this week, oughta bring it up. Hope I remember!

Also you might have to set 0x08C05250 to EC so it doesn't switch back.

bump

bump

I hate how tuning in Nexus is permanent. I'm so glad they fixed that shit in NB and LR (along with toning down booster heat).

Found an address that'll send you back to a menu if you set it to 01 or 04 instead of 00.

0x08B124B8

bumpo

Attention; all followers of the False Face, We, The Fallen Knights, challenge you all to a death battle. Starting on Thursday August 10th and every other Thursday. The losers will have to destroy his/her NEXT/Emblem/etc.That means completely removing the schematic from your hard drive as the NEXT and its pilot is dead. You can do this via Phone and upload it to youtube or create a WebM.

August 10th - A message to the False Face
Battle: 1v1
Rules: 1 Match, Loser = Death
I will personally be attending this match myself. If you are afraid then I suggest you send one of your pawns to their death.

August 17th - The start of a new war
Battle: 3v3
Rules: 1 Match, Losers = Death
Decide who you will send to their death and contact me when you all have made your decision.

We, The Fallen Knights, shall never fall again. The destruction of the False Faces will open a new path into Excell.

If you lose do you have to destroy your anime avatar?

If I lose I wont exist anymore. Not even as a memory.

That's fucked

No need to worry since you'll be the one falling in battle. For I have the strongest military asset I could ask for. I didn't believe it was him at first as he'd left the battlefield long ago before my time. Some of you may know him as a legend from the old days. With him by my side my win is ABSOLUTE.

He's also my master and though me everything.

Is this one of those DD/LG situations

Got it to hide the blue screen effect on the main menu, but it crashed when I took a screenshot. I could move the camera and selection just fine though.

Enough with the questions. You are a ghost. Send my regards to your leaders.

I actually go for the independent route

0x09D81054 is vignette strength in the main menu, with and without the menu overlay. 80 is the default for with the overlay, 0 is obvi gone. You can set it to FF for max opacity if you want.

0x09d81234 is the opacity of the techy lines in the main menu. Default is 80 when the menu is visible, 0 when it isn't. Goes up to FF, which is pictured without the menu.

Only thing I got new so far is the font color of the menu text is #5A7380

I spent a good long while trying to get the game to stop reverting my changes to the menu text so that I can make it read CUMMIES

bump

hehehehehe

That other guy was right. You go too far. You am play gods.
Does it have to be For Answer?

I can paste data into memory with Cheat Engine...

All this time...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

dogola's cool :(

Bump

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

bumpo

bump

Recorded a little bass groove I improvised the other day and remade it with a nice slap bass, I think it's alright but mmmmmmmm it needs something. The pitchbends I had in place originally sounded out of place with the long sustained chords.

clyp.it/xbmqvz0x

fucking hell made me spit out my goddamn coffee

bump

Bump.

>Does it have to be For Answer?
Are you afraid? Because soon I will show you the true meaning of fear and regret.

That chick is fom Owari no Seraph, right? How was that show?

Isn't False Face an idea you had for a story occurring after For Answer? That p much why you wanna do FA right?

KZM GET OUT HERE
No, it's just that we have so many options available and you want all these fights to be restricted to one of them. Variety is the spice of life, you know. I would think the victory is more complete with some flexibility.

>Only For Answer
Boost kiddie, can't handle energy conservation and heat levels

You talk a big game but you're so easily exposed as a casual player.

bump before i afk for a while

There will be no negotiations as we steady reach our goal - the complete destruction of everything built by the False Face. The misguided ones call us terrorist. Hmph, I'll show them the truth, all the lies that hide beneath their feet, dormant underground.

You have 8 days.

>feet

bumpo

Anyone know how the defense value damage reduction works? Is it a straight reduction based on the def value or does it reduce larger damage more as some function?

ACNX specifically, I've been testing laser blade damage values and the damage percentages associated with the blade waves.

bump

Bump

bump it

Bump.

i'm bump ;-)

bumpos

Sorry I haven't gotten a new video out yet for a few days, I upload when I sleep but it's a huge video so it's been taking a while.

bump

bungus

Now that I can paste data into PPSSPP's memory, what the fuck should I even put in? Emblems are obvious, that's all I wanted to do with pasting in memory to begin with, but now what?

bump i got nothing new to post yet

guess i'll put a breakpoint at this value that changes when you go through menu items, see what controls it, maybe try and get to this MurataDebug menu

btw it's 0x9D905EC

Garage and Free Mission cause several bytes to constantly change around there, not sure what's up with that.

God damn, my router betray me, but now I am back to bump duty.

seems all it does is tell the game what text to put on the menu when you select an option

So does that mean you can change arena text entries?
From my understanding, it plays into some formula that spits out a percentage, but there's a good chance I misunderstood what I was reading.

I mean I can't edit the files on the ISO so easily but the data that's loaded into RAM absolutely.

This will sound really stupid, but does the text engine in ACLR do automatic word wrapping?

No, you have to have a byte set to 0A to start a new line, otherwise it'll just keep going. Also it'll keep reading text until it hits 00.

Ah, so it's like any other text engine I've seen.
I ask this because I was looking into PSP hacking (to do translation stuff), and your example here piqued my interest.
So far, I'm only testing text engines - the only games that had automatic word wrapping were 2 visual novels.

we are reaching levels of meme potential that have never been seen before

I feel bad by looking at a guide, but some of those S-Ranks for Last Raven completely elude me. I've finished that level with Mumu and Cerberus Garm in less than 30 seconds, using EN weapons, and still got an A.

Meanwhile I get totally devastated (less than 1000 AP) fighting a Pulverizer and end up with an S.

...Wonder if I can set my AC's name longer than the character limit and try to save it...

What could go wrong?