Is there such a thing as DOT 1 brake fluid? Also, when did they stop using DOT 2?

Is there such a thing as DOT 1 brake fluid? Also, when did they stop using DOT 2?

>is there a DOT1?
no it started at DOT2
>why no DOT2?
DOT3 is backwards compatible, and isn't made of castor oil and alcohol like DOT2
i think the real question is why still DOT3?
>hint: it's b/c of poorfags and retards

>WHAT IT STAND FOR?
Department of Transportation
is rated for its boiling temp
and they're (almost) all backwards compatible

>DOT2
became redundant when DOT3 came out
>DOT4
is better than DOT3 and made of similar components but costs more
>DOT5.1
CANNOT be mixed with any other fluid and is the best for non-ABS brakes, is purple

>hint: it's b/c of poorfags and retards

dot4 cost MAYBE 4 to 5 dollars more than 3 and you change your brake fluid what... once over the life of the car for normal use?

the real reason is that there is no push to force auto manufacturers to switch to all dot 4 as they would have to re-engineer some components of the braking system for compatibility.

>once for the lifetime
>he doesn't change his fluid every 5 years
he won't own vehicle for 20+ years
wew appliance lad
>the real reason is compatibility
>doesn't know DOT4 is backwards compatible with DOT3 systems
>and can be mixed
stopped the retard who can't read
and this is why we still have DOT3

Wrong

DOT 5 cannot be mixed with 4 or because it is silicon based.

DOT 5.1 can because it's glycol based like 4 and 3.

The only reason the numbers are weird is because the DOT 5.1 classification ass made later.

The

>Brake fluid
>Once
>Confusing DOT3/4/5.1 with 5

>t. the nigger who can't type and uses reddit spacing
thanks for the correction

non abs brakes, 5.1 what does have abs today??? its for vehicles fitted with disc brakes that generate more heat thus dot 5.1 can handle higher heat without breaking down..

i have no idea where you get your fucking info from.

buy a truck you cheap asian car bitch.

Trucks are for hicks and handle like ass

ahhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha
ohhhh wow your shitty volvo car that is made in china must handle real well.
fuckheads like you would even be able to handle a truck, they can be real hard oh no you have a gay assed car that speaks very highly of you.

GO FUCK YOURSELF soi boi

But user... this Volvo wasn't made in China.
rekt.

C30 is not made in China you fagnut, it's built in Belgium.
Chinese money is as good as any other, but Volvos are still made in Europe.

Actually to be completely accurate, the C30 was created by Volvo when they were owned by Ford. Ford took the engine and I believe the platform for their Focus ST and RS.

the volvo car division is owned by the chinese you dump cunt and hence made in china yeah maybe they assemble them in some muslim ridden eurocunt place yet most of it is made in china if not all. china makes just about everymake of car on the road, as their wages are cheaper then the shithole europe...
so where do you live what shithole....

You're clearly an idiot or have selective reading.
The Volvo C30 was made under Ford ownership. It was discontinued once the Chinese company bought Volvo.

Listen here you flaming ignoramus, corporate ownership does not automatically change the nationality of the owned corporation. Geely pays Volvo to build cars, and they do so in Europe. That doesn't make Volvo a Chinese corporation. Hey, guess who forges replacement parts for older cars now: The motherfucking Chinese! The average older quarter ton box of rust likely has more Chinese parts in it than a brand new Volvo.

I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT FORD or you fuck off cunt...

You're clearly a fascist.

ohhh fucking hell..... i do not give a shit about you and your euro trash.

i own a truck not some gay car.

FUCK YOU IN THE ASS

FUCKKKKKK YOUUUU

AESTHETIC. Volvo C30 a cute.

The guys a headcase, just filter and ignore

Are you high or something?

you're dumb as a brick cunt, probably got some piece of shit lifted ute and think you're hot shit.
probably can't drive a shopping trolley much less a real truck.

oh yeah come on you fucking bitch. i own 4 trucks and you...... oh thats right you are a car bitch...

at least i dont live in a dump like america.

you know the drill then
pics of trucks with bread on hood and timestamps or else you're a fake piece of shit

you wanna talk big on this board you gotta prove it

same shit, different landfill

ahhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha oh are you a lady... oh ok. really poor taste of car though.

buy a truck and be a real driver.

my dad used to use one of these to haul out logs cut on some mans property but you see he never told the man just chopped the trees down and took them,,,, the fella was real pissed.
i learnt to drive one of these.....

i tell you now its not like a car with assisted gear shift and power steering... you have to find the gears with feel same for my daily drive, a challenge is better then getting it easy.

90% of users here drive cars with assists......

what prove shit to you, get fucked time cop.

oh lets time stamp and be a REAL TIME COP....

fill your ass with grease and watch you squirm

>you wanna talk big on this board you gotta prove it
Just ordered this in the mail from ebgames in the boxing day sales. Got it yesterday. Ive been playing nfs prostreet a lot.

So there you go, got pics for you.

whatever then you fake cunt
just another worthless tripfag

>calls synchronizers "assisted gear shift"
lol did your dad teach you that?

I saw that pic the last 10 times you posted it.
Gimmie a bread on invoice.

whatttttt shit you talk.
>calls synchronizers "assisted gear shift"
im not even talking about fucking synchro you fucking cunt, go to hell you faggot. give you hiv.

hey FUCK OFF with the fucking bread shit, fucking soi boi.

i bet you have cancer from your cell phone...
all cell phones will cause cancer.

cheers ya bastard.

I dont have a camera. Mum leaves her digital camera in at her work there and leaves it there.

What do

FUCK OFFF TIME COP

cheers.

time to kick this up a notch...
TIME cop here are pics from now on of NG trucks...

Cheers cunts.

So, you're obviously high. Have a (you). Poor, sad drug addict. Don't spend it all at once.

How to handle a truck: Go really slow so you don't spin out and roll over.

thats my truck in Indonesia im getting freddie to unload the truck for me, this pic was from 2007.

cheers bastards.

oh its a NG v-series truck.
she wakes up people at night as i have no silencers or gay soi boi upgrades

high, i dont do drugs only americans take drugs.

im indonesian you fucking septic tank

The titanic never sunk you fuckin idiots, they switched ships with the olympic.

Titanic was scrapped about 20 years later. It was all a big insurance scam. Just look it up. The facts are there, they just dont want anyone digging them up and piecing it all together.

this is my cousin Bishwals NG truck, he is running a V-10 in that damn she holds the hills well, he dont like my NG he reckons its feral.

ahh well better to be feral that own a soi boi car like 90% in here have,

Cheers.

>claims he's not high
>says he's indonesian
Shoot up some more heroin, you permanent junkie. Careful Widodo don't catch you, though.

Truck drivers are fat faggots (literally). If anyone is full of soy it's them.

T. the logger who loads your truck so you can feel like a man for stomping on the gas and praying the tires do their job

Semi truckers load and unload their own shit so I have some more respect for them than logging truck drivers

Oh shit you done it now. Hendra's whole family is on the logging trade he was saying

ha funny fonz.
tell me what you own and where you live you bitch.

fucking cum dumpster you are.

i dont live in a cancer causing city like you do so suck it down.........

So the reason you don't like cars is because they would never work in your seventh world country with the roads that make south america look gentrified.

fuck you cunt, you come to Veeky Forums you post bread on hood

like if you're a chick and you admit it on /b/ you are required to post tits, here you are required to post your , especially if you're gonna brag about it

>indonesian
oh that explains everything

widodo is the leader of philipines you dumbass.

cheers cunt.

>i dont live in a cancer causing city
no you just suck down cancer causing fumes from an uncorked truck all day, clearly you are not all there.

And remember, if he's asian, there's a good chance he literally consumes more soy in a year than a san fransiscan.

No, that would be Duterte, you drug-addled homosexual. Your LARP is slipping.

no i dont follow rules you cunt...... i dont eat bread so fuck off you fucking faggot cunts.

buy a truck and be done with your ramblings.

cheers.

>reddit takes steps to counter downvote trolling
>they come here instead
You don't belong here. Lurk moar then you can be Alphonse

exhaust fumes are far less harmfull then living in a city surrounded with cell phone towers and eating americunt junk foods.

yeah yeah we will see. anywayz i run the exhaust at the back under the truck, i dont do what the homosexual

then you're a fake cunt and everyone knows it
not like half the board hasn't filtered your trip and will never see any of your shit posts anyway

oh are you talking about facebook, nope dont use social media do you....

im not a fucking corrupt jew, like 99% of you cunts on here.

here is me the truck was getting a little hot that day.

I own a car. I work hard to pay for it.

Truck drivers sit in a chair for a living. if you're not loading and unloading it that's it, you're a professional pedal pusher.

oh look another user.

ahhhh ha ha ha you use filters none of us in Indonesia have filters.

im hendras brother so if you have a problem with him then you do with me.

oh what you work hard yeah sure......... americunt

im watching you.....

ohhh fuck had enough of the whining cunts that drive fucking shit box cars on here...

word for thought....

I HOPE YOU ALL GET CANCER.

cheers.

Again, you'll be more successful if you lurk moar

I work harder than you and I'm not destroying the one nice thing my country has in the process, ya asian rainforest chopper.

Don't know DOT3, DOT4 and DOT5.1 (but not DOT5) brake fluids slowly accumulate moisture and need to be replaced every few years, depending on humidity (2-3 years in very humid areas, up to 10 in dry ones)

How the fuck did that "don't know" end up there

Bump

dot4 is not backwards compatible with all systems or dot3 would not exist.

if you keep your reservoir well sealed and keep general moisture out of the vicinity of the reservoir then brake fluid can last in upwards of 10 years and only test for 1% moisture. if your having to change it often then you probably have a leak in your system somewhere or your cap is not sitting properly

Every 2-3 years is the recommended interval for brake fluid, user. Sooner if you notice its going cloudy or has residue in the reservoir.

Only dumb cunts who abuse their cars do it every 10 years.

ohhh boo hoo ya wanker