Craigslist Bread

New Craigslist thread.
What are your thoughts on the Isuzu Rodeo. The last Isuzu I drove was a 5 ton dump truck so I don't know much about their passenger vehicles.
sd.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-isuzu-rodeo-lse-4wd/6446023327.html

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-turbo-volvo-850-on-15psi/6433294822.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-chevy-duly-limousine/6442675795.html
kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1983-porsche-911-coupe-911-red/6433589815.html
dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1996-buick-lesabre-limited/6437961482.html
siouxfalls.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2005-saab-9-20t-sedan-with-5/6447939572.html
azusedcardealer.com/inventory/view/10153021/2002-Volkswagen-GTI-2dr-HB-1.8T-Turbo-Auto-Phoenix-AZ
carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?make=VOLKS&vin=38|-11|69|-84|-26|-126|73|-124|-88|-32|-91|99|-113|-101|-39|114|-126|-34|110|-28|-15|35|-32|-73|&dealer_id=69102675&car_id=455672966&partner=ATD_W#Owner1
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/mazda-miata-1990/6439737227.html
boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/d/scumbag-alert-sarah-bardsley/6449673262.html
boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/spaceship-car-fully/6446983408.html
sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-dodge-rampage-22-manual/6432991867.html
siouxfalls.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-chevy-g20-cargo-van/6450287671.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>automatic
>CEL on
>gas gauge broken

Whole lot of nope here. T. Isuzu driver.

P.s. rust was such a huge issue with the 2nd gen rodeo they issued a recall for frame rot.

Yeah, I did a little forum snooping and apparently fuel system issues were pretty common the first few years of production.
Shame, I'd like a 4wd but most of what I'm finding are Kias or beat-to-utter-shit Ford Exploders.

Looked at the older Troopers a while back, seemed like the most common issue is oil burnoff, and considering that my wife would be driving it occasionally, I opted for a solid "No"

Most women just don't comprehend fluid loss in vehicles/mechanics.

If I say "Put a shot glass of oil in the car every time you drive on the freeway" I fucking mean it, not just-

"oh idk the last time I put oil in it, what do you mean I cant use Automatic transmission fluid? The engine is automatic, you're such an asshole!"

I would usually say no to extensive user modifications, but this seems to be an exception

denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-turbo-volvo-850-on-15psi/6433294822.html

So lads I'm finally selling my 2000 Toyota Camry, which has served me well as a first car since I was 16. I bought it for $500 from my grandpa and it's currently sitting at 110k miles and is in REALLY pristine condition, esp. for its age.

KBB says it's just over 2k for private party sale, what do you think I can get for it?

I'd say just over 2k

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-chevy-duly-limousine/6442675795.html

I'm disgusted, but intrigued.

>Ask for Chad

I don't even know what to say...

Are used Durangos as bad as they say? I'm not looking for a lifetime driver, just something to get me through the next year or two.

How much would you pay for Lincoln Continental? I think it may be any year from 2001-2005(I personally dont know if they made it those years).

It looks good, automatic, I havent actually driven or anything, lives a block away from me so Im considering the buy. Looks good,what issues can I expect?

Would it be a good first car?

Craigslist story:
>be looking at a free pile of parts on CL
>advertised as "free auto parts"
>mostly crap like used radiator hoses and old glass, but some old in-box bosch filters and components, and some type III fluid
>ad states you must take all
>needs gone yesterday
>but cash offers accepted
>e-mail the dude
>tell him i offer to haul all his garbage away for free on the weekend
>his counter offer:
>$200
>Due to overwhelming response
>I deserve a little something,
>there is good stuff in there,
>but I just need it gone yesterday.
>reply to his scam by saying $200 is not free and his post is miscategorized and violating CL TOS
>full blown boomer i know what i got mode engaged
>are you a cop?
>not everything fits perfectly in categories anywhere in life.
we meta boomer now
>I listed it in both 'auto parts' and 'free'.
he didn't, since i found it on the for sale page not the free page
>I offered it for free for whoever would come and get it first, and also accepted cash offers.
boomer actually believes that "free, O.B.O." is a thing
>If you want to be misled, that is your own prerogative.
the ad was titled FREE AUTO PARTS
>You were #26 in the queue, I offered you a cheap ticket to be #1.
$200 isn't cheap
>If you don't like it,
>you should go do something you like.
wew closing with a grandma tier insult
VERDICT: 10/10 I know what i got

G R A P E N U T Z

Why would you even continue that conversation after the first response?

boomer wasted my time, why not waste his?
payoff: hilarious
>not everything fits perfectly in categories anywhere in life.
i already replied to his reply since i have time to kill
but he removed his posts so idk if CL email server will still deliver
>couple notes:
>$200 isn't a cheap ticket to haul off your trash
>if you expected cash offers you would have posted part numbers
>you definitely did not post "FREE AUTO PARTS" in the parts category
>you are scamming people by baiting and switching, your post and your emails have been flagged
>if you don't like it, you should go do something you do like.

>Boomer wasted my time, might as well waste more of my time myself

are you a cop?

Ask how badly stained with pussy juice the interior is

Watch for ball joints and the 4.7 eating itself alive, try and get an early one powered by either the 5.2 or 5.9

No, I'm just not an idiot.

In other words "they're shit, don't buy one"

More like it's a 15+ year old truck, it's going to have some wear and tear and these are the known problem areas, just like any other 15+ year old car

No, they're shit and user shouldn't buy one. They were shit new, they're worse shit 15 years later and they're consistently listed as among the worst used cars you can buy.

This is completely incorrect, where did the Durango touch you user?

kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1983-porsche-911-coupe-911-red/6433589815.html

I really want it but a couple things about the post seem iffy.
>no mention of turbo
>says it's a 3.0L when it should be a 3.3L

dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1996-buick-lesabre-limited/6437961482.html

Thinking about giving this thing a test drive tomorrow, what should I expect?

A big, floaty old lady's car.

>Been in storage for six years
Check for dry rot on tires and boots, check the fluids, check for signs of mice (they love to eat wiring harnesses), seized or sluggish brakes (might be hard to tell on a Buick). After you've run it for a while look for leaks around the engine bay, gaskets can dry out and split.
Cars that haven't been driven much can have as many problems as cars that have been driven into the ground.

siouxfalls.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2005-saab-9-20t-sedan-with-5/6447939572.html
Right. 180k on the clock, 5 speed, tarbo, looks like it's in decent shape.
KBB puts the dealer value at around $2500.
The phone number actually belongs to a motorcycle shop, so I wonder if it's something they took in lieu of payment from someone.
Do you suppose, if I drive it and I like it, I could reasonably pitch a price of $2k at them?

Could always be retarded salesmen knowing nothing about the cars they're selling. Not uncommon with cars like this.

You're mistaken, the ad is for a sc, not a turbo. The car has a 3.0 like that year sc should. The 3.3 is in the turbo coffin.

Came across this gti, I kinda want it, but kbb says it's way overpriced. Never bought from a dealership before, let alone a used car dealership before. Any advice?

azusedcardealer.com/inventory/view/10153021/2002-Volkswagen-GTI-2dr-HB-1.8T-Turbo-Auto-Phoenix-AZ

Arm yourself with knowledge (book value, common issues, carfax history)
Go over that shit with a fine toothed comb, point out every little scratch and missing trim piece.
Don't fall for buy here/pay here schemes.
Make it perfectly clear that you can and will walk away from the table at any time.
It's also better to shop at the end of the month, when sales quotas are due.

Thanks, here's the carfax.

carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?make=VOLKS&vin=38|-11|69|-84|-26|-126|73|-124|-88|-32|-91|99|-113|-101|-39|114|-126|-34|110|-28|-15|35|-32|-73|&dealer_id=69102675&car_id=455672966&partner=ATD_W#Owner1

>5 owners
>1 accident

How much should I offer? I was thinking in the 3k range.

2.2 or v6?

Ugh I fucking hate when people put free shit up and don't take the ad down after a shitload of people showed interest. I remember one time I was giving away a box of guitar parts and some dipshit messaged me saying he really wanted them but he lived far but by the beach so he was like "just drive 3 hours to me and you can also go to the beach"

Update
according to the VIN, it has 91k miles
no accidents
no thefts
made in 1999
looks in good condition
No test drive(that I have done)
Automatic
Looks good outside.

Whats a good asking price? 2000? Would parts be easy to look for? It's 19 years old but looks in good condition. Hopefully it'll be a very nice first car!

>Intech 32V 4.6 V8. FWD
>V8
>FWD
first car? Do you like flogging yourself with a flail as well?

Can you explain, Im not sure what you mean besides it being bad for gas.

The 4.6 V8, especially the 32v one, was a physically large engine, the fact that they stuck it in a transverse configuration in what's basically a stretched Taurus with leather is a big middle finger to a technicians face because of the difficulty when it comes to doing anything with these engines
tl;dr it's an engine that's meant to be pushing the rear wheels, not the front

And to add to this
Harder to work on = more money to fix
while the 4.6 is a reliable engine, if something where to go wrong it would be an enormous pain in the dick to fix

>blah blah blah V8
It makes pathetically low horsepower considering its technology and displacement.

>V8
Bad gas mileage.

>FWD
God forbid you'd want better handling, superior winter weather traction, and a roomier interior and trunk. Veeky Forums hates front drive because it's not as good for hektik skidz.

No, that fuck hueg and heavy engine in the front will hurt handling, smaller lighter engines make more sense in FWD vehicles, not V8s
Look what happened with the Impala SS/Monte Carlo SS/Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, they had plenty of power but we're so nose heavy they couldn't handle for shit

Hmm, I see, a more expensive repair.

Can any one of you two explain to me the difference between FWD and another? I've lurked a while, but I'm still getting my reading on this board. I'll look it up, but can you explain the massive difference?

To give you a better idea, I'm in Florida, USA. Out of preference I've been looking at full size sedan based off of the sticky(like crown vic and honda accord).

I saw on previous crown vic threads, that the Lincoln cont. is basically the luxury version of the taurus/ crown vic, with the mercury grand marqui being a step down from lincoln in terms of luxury.

I'm not very sure where to go in terms of this. Seems a very big deal for price ( as I'm a college student that needs transport)

Am I better off to continue looking on craigslist for accords? I saw the lincoln across the street so I figured it's worth the effort to at least check it out.

FWD = Front wheel drive as in the front wheels are where the power from the engine is sent through the transmission
RWD = Rear wheel drive, power gets sent to the rear wheels, this is preferable because it's not forcing the front wheels to steer, and drive the car which makes the handling naturally more adept, but this all depends on the chassis cause a shit chassis is a shit chassis no matter the drive wheel orientation
There's also AWD or all wheel drive which is seen on cars and car based vehicles like crossovers which are mainly front wheel drive based systems where the front wheels mainly drive the car for economy purposes, and the rears are only engaged when the front wheels slip, but there are other systems like Mitsubishi's which were transverse in orientation, but was always sending power to all the wheels
There's also 4WD = four wheel drive, this differs from all wheel drive because the front and rear axles are connected via a transfer case as opposed to a center differential in an awfully system, four wheel drive systems are also primarily found in pickup trucks, SUVs based off pickups, and other Body on Frame vehicles

Now as far as what you should go for, if you want RWD I recommend a Crown Vic because they're easy to work on compared to other vehicles due to the amount of space under the hood and the sheer size of the vehicle which can save you money because all you need to do is pay for parts and do it yourself
Honda's are good cars too so you can't go wrong with an accord either but they aren't as easy to work on as a Crown Vic
Also, the Continental that you posted is FWD and based on the Taurus, not the Crown Vic

If you're in Florida the difference doesn't matter as much, but in the northeast or great plains the difference between front and rear drive is life and death.

The Lincoln Continental is not related to the Crown Vic, and it's only barely related to the Taurus. As others have said the Lincoln name means more expensive parts, and its bitchass packaging means it'll be harder and more expensive to work on.

The Town Car is the one that's based on the Crown Vic platform, and it's much closer to the Crown Vic and most parts will interchange between the two. If you want a Lincoln, this is the model to get. Since you're in Florida its rear-drive won't be a huge issue, and you'll get a soft ride, a decent if not exceptional amount of interior room, luxury features abounds, and a near bottomless trunk. All at the expense of handling manners and fuel economy. Also, acceleration will leave something to be desired because of the heavy body-on-frame construction, slushbox tall-geared automatic, and anemic V8 engine. Also watch out for the air ride suspension that likes to go bad - some cars will have been converted to a traditional rear suspension, which is a good thing for reliability, though ride quality suffers a bit.

Town Cars tend to command a premium in the used market though, so if you want to save a little money you can get a Grand Marquis. Same platform, engine, transmission, etc. just a little less ritzy. And most don't have the troublesome air ride suspension. I do recommend you stay far away from ex-police/taxi Crown Vics. They're usually beat to hell, have high mileage, and probably riced out by some autist.

If you're looking for a reliable daily driver that'll offer a good compromise between comfort, handling, and fuel economy, I would suggest a Camry or Accord.

Thanks I'll be sure to do that
>tfw my grandma drives this same type of car

Lincolns are expensive to upkeep on too friend.

Grandma cars are a greatly underappreciated source of cheap wheels. I like them better than lol$3kCivics, but then I do more long distance highway driving than city driving.

>one picture
>3/10 scam story
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/mazda-miata-1990/6439737227.html
what do you guys think? should I ask to take a look?

boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/d/scumbag-alert-sarah-bardsley/6449673262.html

What the hell is wrong with people
boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/spaceship-car-fully/6446983408.html

>2004 Pig Whore

Jesus Christ, who would buy a thing like this? You have to be seriously banking on a nuclear holocaust or something.

back when i worked at walmart i had an autistic coworker that had a fetish for military equipment. He was seriously looking at buying 2½-ton 6x6 trucks for around 5k just to have one, and even bought a barett 50 cal with the money he got from selling his dead grandmothers estate
to my knowledge he's never fired it

Oh my bad. I wasnt aware that SCs came with the whaletail

People are building nice rigs out of the larger surplus trucks, can't beat the initial price

Don't worry about offers right now. Just go drive the car, check it out and get a read on the dealer.
Don't act like you're buying, act like you're shopping.

Should I be worried about this rust?

sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-dodge-rampage-22-manual/6432991867.html

give it a detail. only costs u like $150 but it makes the car a lot more attractive and sell for more in return.

judging by the dull headlights it hasnt been detailed ever.

siouxfalls.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-chevy-g20-cargo-van/6450287671.html
Damn it's tempting to get something like this and take it up to Alaska for the summer season.
I'd have to scotchguard the entire interior, though.

ikr, so many degenerates and shit, especially on the free pages
at least this one had a hilarious meltdown
but i had a good day and bought a $200 volvo
thanks CL
>seller was a nice guy
>everything went better than expected

No comment on the quality of the ad itself, but I drove a V8 version (with the tite Winnebago trim) of the same year from Toronto to New Brunswick last year. Cool for road trips with some friends, but the gas was a bitch and the steering had so much play it took constant focus to stay in a lane when it was windy. See if you can get it out on the highway so you can see if it feels alright before you buy.

Yeah, I've driven big old conversion vans before. All that weight in the back makes the steering go light, bitch in a crosswind.