byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0iXfWWrwrlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AK5jyVCdXwc
youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4
youtube.com/watch?v=BNC61-OOPdA
youtube.com/watch?v=rnca9Zo1xog
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15620
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for space lube

always an instant classic

second for ops

third for husbandos

>be medbay
>ops attack medbay
>luckily im stuck in chemistry so im safe
>I can do nothing as a sec officer down an ops who boombox himself
>cant save him since im stuck
>sec officer dies

feelsbadman

I always remember to give the clown a 100u beaker of spacelube to secure his loyalty at the start of the round.

In the OOC last round, we discussed the IAA and how we could fix it.
Having a job based on admin participation is kind of iffy, so any ideas?

>husbandos
What kind of husbandos?
Gay ones?
Cute ones?
Femme ones?
Ugly ones?

This one should do

I liked that idea that someone had for the HoP; Random paperwork that rewards you with treats for doing it. I play IAA purely because I am autistic enough to fill out paperwork, and nobody wants to deal with my bullshit as an HoP. Make my paperwork worthwhile and I will love you forever.

Hey, thanks.

That worked, but it turns out the better solution was to also make the plating explosion-proof. What I'm setting up is supposed to be planetary, so it only makes sense that what's underneath is also indestructible.

Now to figure out how lighting and exactly how I broke edge z-level transitions.

Post THEMES
>Nuke ops theme
youtube.com/watch?v=0iXfWWrwrlQ

>Make character
>save setup
>still spawn as bald guy

What do

Automate it more, have things that can be requested via fax when criteria are met.

>Give IAA access to most departments, he currently an only enter the lobby of departments and nothing else

>Give IAA random paperwork he can do via fax machine

>Give IAA access to heads offices

>Fix IAA's office on every map except box, hes very limited on supplies on every map

>Make staplers and paperclips so the IAA can be more organized

>Make people actually take the IAA seriously

>Teach admins how to reply to an IAA, I saw an admin recently saying how hes afraid to reply to IAA's because he doesnt know what to do

IAA is a very iffy job, he cant have too much access but he cant have too little. If he has too much of one thing the greytide run wild, if he has too little nobody plays him or takes him seriously

Save slot?

KeeperSet Really makes me think.

yea I tried loading and all and im still a pitbull lookalike

>give a job all access on the notion admins will have to deal with it more
how about no

>regular dex

You madman

embrace the DALE

pls no

Automating IAA more sounds good. Give them buttons to press that the admins only have to hit yes/no on since the problem is mainly lazy admins.

I think maybe splitting IAA into an administrative job would be best.
Alt title it up into multiple role paths.

Yeoman
Bridge Ops
Laywer
IAA

Then you have 2 slots that could be flexible in what they do, paperwork and interdepartmental communication. Good for roleplay. More open play means less reliance on admins to play along.

>blob
youtube.com/watch?v=AK5jyVCdXwc

>double agents
youtube.com/watch?v=6iaR3WO71j4

>malf
youtube.com/watch?v=BNC61-OOPdA

>monkey madness bus
youtube.com/watch?v=rnca9Zo1xog

>access to departments past the lobby and heads offices
>somehow equates to all access

IAA has basic access to everywhere, Maint and the bridge. How is giving him more NOT broken? It's technically a civilian roll too, and it had bridge access. It's incredibly gracious as it is.

>be barman
>IAA walks behind the bar
>starts emptying the vendor into a crate
>tell him to fuck off
>'i have access'
>beanbag him in the dick and disposal him
>he comes back with sec
>get brigged for assault, he nicks half my stock for himself

>ostensibly represents the Captain's bosses
>civilian role
Maybe it would be taken more seriously if it was listed in its own category on the manifest, but probably not.

IAA really doesnt have business being able to get into behind the bar. It doesnt really play into the job, IAA isnt the health inspector.

Get a bartending crate

Who cares if he runs off with some bottles once you've got an infinite supply? Plus you're better off waiting to see if he makes a competing bar, then smashing every stolen bottle over his head

>IAA isnt the health inspector.
That's closer to the IAA's job than what IAAs typically do. Greytiding IAAs should get "recalled" to centcomm and manhandled, honestly. Dunno why that's not a thing.

How to fix IAA:
You leave it alone.
There's nothing you can do to make it a better job.
>Fax sends through paperwork you "have to do".
About what? Are you going to write up 100 different types of forms that can be sent through to them? How are they checked to see if they're "correct"? What if they're not correct? What if you just, don't do them? Who's going to care or do anything about it? No one is going to bwoink someone for not doing fucking paperwork. Shit idea, scrap it.
>More access
No. It has enough as it is.

The problem with IAA is it's an RP heavy role on a low RP server with lazy admins who don't want to get involved in anything that doesn't benefit them.
The only way to improve it is to turn the server into a higher RP server so it has an actual use. Otherwise it's just going to stay as Assistant 2.0 but maybe Roleplay until it's removed.

I mean, when Im not trying to do my bridge officer iaa thing I normally go around inspecting things like that.
But HoP's typically dont care what happens in their department and faxes go unanswered so its a waste of time.

IAA right now is a role played by shitters who wants access, but no responsibilities as their snowflake. I've yet to see a IAA not abuse their position to valid hunt by sticking in a department or stealing shit for their own benefits.

The best fix would be removing their ability to call/recall the shuttle. lots of IAAs just recall it when half the station went to shit or make shitty ass excuses on purpose so the shuttle get recalled by admins. Also have admins actually pay attention to the fax so they incite good IAAs to play more instead of letting assistant 2.0 run rampant

>How are they checked to see if they're "correct"? What if they're not correct? What if you just, don't do them?

It's already been suggested that the paperwork would entail solving math problems or filing them in the right cabinet or stamping it with the correct stamp etc. It wouldn't be difficult to check if it's correct.

Benefits for doing it correctly would be things like space cash, medals, or items or something valuable.

My game keeps freezing up and I'm unable to see what's going on in the game, but I can still move around as I can hear myself opening doors and such.

Does anyone else have this problem? Not even a full computer restart fixes it sometimes.

Yes it's an extremely common bug. Try rolling back to 510.1347

>solving math problems
bad, bad idea
although the Futurama style Bureaucracy shit MIGHT be okay. Just get paper sent through the fax which you stamp, file, then shred and start again.
Rewards are not a good idea though, it's a fluff roll and shouldn't be given any incentive to do its job.

>Can't ventcrawl, can't remove tape (interaction)
>GOTTA GO THROUGH THE DOOR BUB

HALP ADMINS GRIFFIN ME

"Minigames" in your office that can't affect the game world shouldn't really make up any job. Might as well play cookie clicker or something.

IT'S LOOSE

3 BEACONS

xenobio and xenoarch are glorified minigames.

itd give people something to do when there is literally nothing else going on, which happens a lot.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ALL HAIL LORD SINGULOTH

>come back home from the oil refinery
>want to play a few rounds of spessmen
>it's deff
>H-haha, i'll just wait!
>finally it's box
>bussed singuloose happens
>A-at least i can play another round before going to sleep!
>bagel wins with 9%

THREE BEACONS

DID YOU AHELP IT?

>bussed

>lord singuloth slowly crawling its way up the escape shuttle

Ive never felt more trapped

No. Its not my job to report the existence of a shitty lawset.

What's it like at an oil refinery?

THREE! THREE SINGULARITY BEACONS! AH AH AH!

I forgot that i had dinner coming up, so i needed the round ended fast. Shame someone beat me to the loosing, though. Sorry for being a faggot

Acting in a way that hurts or helps someone is against Keeper laws.

The Mommi should have just stayed put.

I'm sorry Carbon based life forms. This was a no win-scenario.

Then stop whining you shitlord, The lawset clearly states to not harm living beings.

>Reach the shuttle
>rocket man starts to play
>that huge ass singulo coming up and eating the shuttle

I've seen a lotta loose gooses, but I've never seen it turn red like that.

Be thankful you missed the 3 rounds prior to Deff, you'd throw yourself off a catwalk to get the cancer out of your brain.

Really sorry mate, but that was the only way for me to go thanks to officer donk over yonder.

Also police tape is fucking retarded strong if it's strong enough to open up wounds.

*ping

Him big

I'm not whining. It's just funny.

The Lawset is garbo because Mommis can never follow it and actually do anything.

Just be happy he didn't ahelp it or you'd be in banland.

>but that was the only way for me to go
If the only way to go breaks your laws, then you don't go. Besides, it wasn't: Drop vents and crawl through a wall or screw and rotate through the window-grille setup.

Xenobio and xenoarch could use tweaking but they still occur in the game world and affect stuff plenty in some rounds. You don't do them in a little window and get rewarded.

Same, the biggest I've seen was orange caramel when it takes the shard, but never that huge

Three beacons and we have finally saw the true potential of the singuloose

>Also police tape is fucking retarded strong
it was strong enough to stop bullets from a nuke op

Oh yeah.

I didn't even know how big the damage was in Sec before I opened the door and got in there... Shit was fucked beyond repair.

i'm a genetics main and i have to say lol

My favourite incident involving it was when I was a ling a ding in a singulothed cargo bay killing people who were trying to stop me absorbing someone. Everything was open to space and there was a confused MoMMi off to the side who eventually decided to rebuild a floor while I was sucking the life out of three people.

how about this

>give HoP a paperwork minigame
>they balance budgets and do other secretarial work
>if they do it correctly it results in a larger paycheck for the entire crew, sometimes even rewards

> investigating an engineering break-in crime scene and asking the engineers few things, feeling like an actual spess detective
>apparently it's some greytider, gather my info and head to my office to write everything down and put everything into a folder because doing paperwork is comfy
>before i have a chance to do that someone catches the greytider in an emagged room, they take him to brig but i decide to scan everything anyways
>they dont find anything on him
>the prints belong to an engineer
>shortly after the singulo is released
>Haha, it has to be that one engineer then! I'm such a smart cookie!
>get btfo by xbox hueg singulo
>it turns out the engineer i suspected wasn't a traitor at all despite having his prints on freshly emagged doors, the traitor was some other engineer who just bought a beacon and spent the rest of his points on syndicate soaps and fucked off to got knows where
>the emagger was some other completely unrelated cunt
i finally feel good about myself and this is what i get?

Is there a page somewhere with the damage and armor values of every weapon and piece of clothing in the game

Fuck off powergamer.

no

you can look on the GitHub but armor doesn't have "armor values" it has % to negate damage values.

Armour can do both.

Are you telling me MoMMIs really can't lift police tape on help-intent like carbons can? Just curious.

?

ICK OCK?

fun changes ahead!

github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15620

ICKY
OCKY
BAN
HE

BLESS I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THIS FOR A LONG TIME

Is it ok for a mommi to deliver crates

These heads were retarded, kys

please fix the bug where they are faster than their projectiles so you can effectively shoot yourself

>>Walk a little bit, get shocked to critical thanks to AI before I can even do anything
Thank the engineers for wiring engines to the grid.

>no borgs
>2 heads
>roboticist braindead

Time to speedrun this shit.

AWWWOOO

I still have no idea why non-antag engineers even still do this. I can get wiring in solars, but there is no need to not use the main SMES units. Anyone dumb enough to get shocked while hacking will more than likely do something dumb enough to get caught by security, so curbing crime is a weak excuse.
I know why, it is for shockvalids,
I just don't know why it is still allowed.

What could i have done better? id like to know for next time

Too lazy to set the SMES, or just wanting to have big numbers to feel like they're winning

Who were you and what did you do when you learned it was rogue?

How to fix IAA
>general access every department
>wall mounted ace radio that can be tuned like in the library
>medical records computer in office
>security records computer in office
>standardized form for incident report in office
>standardized form for complaint report in office
>standardized form for arrest report in office
>standardized form for station report in office
>standardized form for individual crew evaluation report in office
The problem with IAA is that you're left out of the loop. Allowing the agent to observe station goings is vital to his role. Security records and medical records get left in the dust because everyone has their hands full doing the job. The IAA has enough time to fill out all the tedious paperwork and update records. The radio bit would allow him to communicate over department comms and observe disorder in departments. And one of the reasons why no one does paperwork is because as IAA you gotta pull everything off the wiki. And when you hand it out people are always like "What the fuck is this? I don't have time for this." If it was included in game I think it would be taken more seriously.

HoS, learned it was rogue when my officers told me the brig was shocked and vented, went to get a suit anticipating plasma,figured it was too early so i grabbed the mag boots and went to engineering for gloves. Alerted the HoP to the threat, and tazed a scientist since i assumed they had subverted the AI, learned he just arrived and by then medical was gone. Went to science and told them to make thermite because even if they were cult i didnt have anywhere to turn. Grabbed a toolbox and tried to hack into the armory for ions, took to long fighting with the AI and left with frank. Tried assaulting to upload directly with flashbangs but the AI had plasma and fire behind the door, We were then on a mission that involved magboots and two weldertanks, unsure how he planned to get to the AI and blow it up because by then the AI blew the station

>be HoP
>get told its rogue
>oh okay
>radiation storm
>go into maint
>come out, touch a door and die

not much i could have done

>flashbangs
There were no borgs, maybe you didn't realize.
Also MoMMIs are never, ever slaved to the AI in any way.

Frank mentioned the flashbang plan so i assumed they worked on turrets like they did with borgs

I also know that now but the MoMMI was fucking with cargo and people were saying the AI was ordering it over radio.