Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

whogayhere?

No one cares cruisercuck

vmax. cuckmachines for aging manlets don't stand a chance.

>buying either of these
>not buying from a brand like Triumph who actually knows how to build a proper bike in every category
lmfao

newfags go straight for the bait

Road bikes are for people who are too unfit and lack the talent to ride a dirt bike properly.
that is why they put road tyres on dirt bikes then pretend to be dirt bike riders because they know dirt bike riders are superior beings.

the commander was a sick machine as well. With brands like Yamaha/Star and Triumph I'm baffled how people still consider Indian and Harley as an option.

dirtbikes are for kids and rednecks

>Triumph who actually knows how to build a proper bike in every category

Well fuck, I want to say something snarky, but I think only yamaha has them beat.

wr user dox

Ban evasion is a bannable offence EF.

EF got banned? Thank god.

Was it for any specific reason or for just being a total shitbird faggot?

Why not just ride both.

lmao doesnt look like you have been riding either of those

post pics of ur mum

He keeps coming back unfortunately.

Ride both.
Maintain neither.

Loser who can't have both
Post an image
This is an image board

Can't argue. The funnier cases are when the street cucks keep their knobbies available for "off road" days, aka for when they ride down a gravel fire road to starbucks. Then the knobbies are removed and collect dust/cobwebs until they're sold 6 months later when they destroy their transmission because they refuse to buy a cush-drive hub (they literally do this all the time)

bmw might have them on options but their prices are insane and trying to find a dealer that carries each bike on their showroom floor is a nightmare

Nah, just the only pic I have of both styles.

Stop tracking me!

Well, they're both up and running again, CR got sold, and the Ninja went with my mom after my parents split.

>muh heritage

But I think Indian is gonna get their poop in a group. Harley wont, but we knew that.

yes they do make dirt bikes for kids, very observant of you.
you can not ban people from Veeky Forums how fucking new are you?

Wait, dirtbikes don't have a cush drive?

I haven't ridden a dirtbike since I was like ten.

2 years ago an indian dealer opened up kind of near my house, every time i drive by there's no one in the shop and ive only seen one out on the road

i dont think the reboot for the brand is going as planned which is a shame because they are beautiful bikes but they're priced really high for what the are

You don't ride offroad for shit EF

usually not. Dirt has enough give that it isn't necessary

No, it's not really needed on dirt bikes since the slippage of dirt eases stresses on the trans

sameboy

i would love this bike but i feel like they're going to be charging at least $14,000 for it

stop posting that shit ass split level house holy flying fuck

BMW bikes don't appeal to me in the first place. The S1000rr is the only good looking thing they make.

huh. I suppose that makes sense.

Y’all are too kind. Tbh I’m pretty stoked to even own a Guzzi, and from reading online everyone seems to offer some sort of solution for giving the V7 a kick up the pants

What kind of mods can you do to an engine that are relatively cheap/simple? Obviously standard air/fuel changes with exhausts and intakes, but is stuff like lightening the flywheel and porting within either the budget or knowhow of someone with intermediate experience?

>captcha seems to think harley is a bike

wow u got me there

>trying to find a dealer that carries each bike on their showroom floor is a nightmare
You mean just going to any BMW Motorrad dealer is a nightmare?

I currently ride a 2012 street triple and want to get a new r1200r(my first new bike), one reason being the massive dealership support.
If I recall correctly the goose and adventure are the top selling motorcycles, excluding third world shitholes.
The local dealership has 90% of the motorcycles and cars BMW offers.

It's neat but I heard the pipes are going to have to be way different for them to sell it. Shame

Something's wrong with your pic user.

I'm going to be the old man riding a GS in 20 years but BMW makes some bikes that no one really looks at

The R1200 looks nice, but everyone I’ve heard has told me they are soulless. The guys at the dealership actively steered me away from it when I told them I was interested in roadsters. I haven’t test ridden one yet, but take that advice as you will.

don't mod it. Give it a ride. You'll be surprised at how much up and go the stock motor has.

what if you ride a road bike off road?

They can't just put more heat shield on it?

Cuz the exhaust is like the best part about that bike.

It was over exposed really bad before so i tried to make it look a little better

then you should end your life right now.

Well that is dumb.

>idktf

nahh

Don't know much about the bike itself but I would probably go for the standard exhaust/airbox/fueling mods, then maybe send the head off to get ported, then after that point I would just get a big bore kit if I wanted more power.

Those first exhaust and tuning mods will prob make a great difference though

They can sell it with galvanized tubes and put the nice pipe in a box and mail it to me.

Nah it's more about meeting shitty noise/emissions regulations. Mostly noise. Fucking sucks cause it looks awesome but that's the state of our world right now

see if the dealer does test ride days like some stores do

I think the S1KRR looks disgusting. They're amazing bikes but aren't pleasing to look at at all.

I'm going to go the dealer again this saturday and give it a test ride.
My boss, an avid dirt rider, pilots an old r1200gsa and his bike has more miles than my 14 year old truck. He rides that thing come rain or shine and said that it never left him stranded and is the most reliable motorcycle he ever owned.

Unless you're Joey Mac on the Ninja 250, riding a street bike off-road is only generating embarrassment and blown fork seals

At the current rate Indian will be outselling Harley by 2020. They are doing mind bogglingly well, it's just not so obvious because they all look the same.

> Me: Bmw...
> Wife: But the're so huge! It's silly
> Me: Guzzi...
> Wife: Such hipster bikes. Really! That's not you!
> Me: TurboBusa
> Wife: Buy new not used, you need something reliable to ride to work.

Negotiating a new bike around here is tricky. And trolling is useless.

dude rides endurocross at a professional level he is probably safe.

the dealer said that the s1000r is ill-fitted for city traffic and tight maneuvers compared to the r1200 models, despite all the reviewer hype.

Man, forreal?
I dig it. There was one that was always parked by work that I often admired.

>s1000r is ill-fitted for city traffic
so is the r1, drz400

buy something and bring it home

dont buy a guzzi :( they're sick but they're not jap reliable

>Stop tracking me!
post new pics lad

>momfucker is in this thread

post more embarrassing shit

My dad is on his second 1200GSA (a 2017 triple black), because the first one (2008 model) left him stranded too often. His bikes are ridden 45k km a year, pure commuting.

I think it's a bit boring to ride (very light controls, little feedback and barely any vibrations), and coming off a 1150GS it goes like hell and you don't even know it. Was going 160km/h, thinking it was 120km/h.

>ill-fitted for city traffic
Yeah m8, so is pretty much every sportbike and RR.

I don't need that shit to putt along at 30 but I fucking want it.

Honestly, I have nothing new for you.
And I most likely never will.

I've never fucked my mom, at least get that straight.

I was looking at Moto Guzzi as an alternative after reading all the MG approval on /dbt/. The main thing that put me off was the fact that they don't offer the griso and stelvio anymore. Shame because those things looked fucking gorgeous and I've heard the stelvio is a much better offroader than the gs.

well post old pics then

This isn't really an issue. Every elite sportbike is miserable in traffic, typically due to emissions standards leading to shitty fuel maps in low rev ranges. Ducati's are notorious for that because the V-twin really chugs like a motherfucker at low RPMs. Tight maneuvers is the same situation, most of those bikes have a fairly short lock-to-lock travel distance on the handlebars, because you don't need big movements when you're hauling ass.

I'm a retard, posted on the old thread. Reposting:

What are your thoughts on the Honda X11 (CB1100SF)? Should it be avoided for some reason like some hidden endemic problems? I couldn't find anything on the net.
I crave for a bigger bike but can't really afford newer ones. Hondas are supposed to be rather reliable and comfortable, and this is within my price range.
I feel like if I bought this motorcycle I wouldn't feel the need to buy a bigger one ever again (although in a few years I might want something with better brakes, suspensions, etc, I guess).

what's it like knowing some 500plb nobike has mashed his chode to your moms greasy pussy that you slid out of?

Don't have those either.
I had like 50 dick pics scattered through the folder I was getting rid of, and kept going with a bunch of other stuff I wasn't using. Went on a cleaning spree.

>45000km*9 years= 40500km!

Shit nigga. He still bought a new one, means the old one was good enough.

People like you is why we can't have nice things

having only 1 bike that is a guzzi in your garage is going to be a nightmare

my buddy used to have one with a dry clutch and the thing was a constant nightmare

start looking at jap bikes that are comparable to the guzzi you're looking at

guzzis are good project/weekend bikes but not something you want to take out every day

Like nothing.
I honestly don't really care.
Seriously, you made me think about it, so I tried to bring u a feeling, but there was nothing. I'm probably just a bit desensitized.

>Honda
shit

>Honda X11
Its a naked blackbird, the only down side is CBS but you can de link it or get used to it.

Could you develop that thought?

>dry clutch
There's your problem.

A guy who parks in the same garage I do, and a guy at work have late model guzzi's, been solid for both of them. I havn't heard of any undue problems.

Now, the ones from a few years back, when the factory was going bankrupt, that's another story

it's a Honda, therefore it is shitty built with a shit engine and shit suspesnsion

seek therapy

Its just EF shitpost about not being a harley

There's always the V85 to look forward to

honda a shit not kawasaki

Therapy is for the weak.
Also going might effect my job, as at times I am suicidal and they have to report those things, if I end up actually being honest that is.

kys wr

Is this the hip new meme, to call everyone wr

so why would I prefer an s1000r over an r1200r, except for the marginally lower price. s1000r also has less options from non-BMW manufacturers like handguards and windscreens.

go to therapy but dont tell them about your suicidal thoughts

you'll be alright but ur kind of fucked

I'm sure its going to be a great motorcycle for hardcore tourers and adv riders, but if it has the same engine as the v9 I'm not too interested, seeing as the outgoing 1200 8v would churn out 100 rear wheel hp.

This, all of this.
Ride it for a while and then decide if you need to waste money to make it unreliable with SLIGHTY more HP.