/gwt/ - Gwent: The Witcher Card Game General

>New cards
gwentdb.com/news/139-cd-projekt-red-reveals-new-cards

>Leaked Campaign
vid.me/gwent_campaign/albums

>Useful links
gwentdb.com/
twitter.com/playgwent

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>Old

Guess faggots.

I played monsters exclusively from Open Beta as a F2P player and I'm not going to stop now because a few nerds cry on the internet about it. Suck my dick bitches, you fags will all cry about whatever deck is the most popular every patch anyway.

>More card art OP
TRISSFRIEND WHERE ARE YOU

Milva :)

This is no time to whimper.

Two games in a row.

you blind greedy fool

fun and interactive deck

I don't like how the devs have been removing ways to punish the other player. It's encourages solitaire circlejerk which is the worst part of the game

What have they removed?

Is it better to lock the first Reaver Hunter or wait until the last one is played?

With Margarita, I mean.

The weather changes, regis and bork, and Rethaz's statements saying that they will continue to change interesting and "oppressive" cards in the an effort to "help" new players which will supposedly balance the game better

Hello guys, new here. Can anyone show me some top tier monster deck to see what should I do with my current card pool? Or I don't know, is there someone right now streaming on twitch who is worth to watch to learn some shit? Thanks in advance.

last one i think, they get buffs anyway

Yeah but the locked one doesn't buff the others. Someone must have done the math on this, right?

i have 180 kegs to open
prolly open them and then not play again

Sure, but nobody likes it if control gets too opressive either. They're just trying to find a balance.

>solitaire circle jerk
what?

>I was ok with dagon
>I was ok with dorfs and comsume
>I was ok with ng in first months of open beta
>I was ok with 27 and 37 card NR
I am not ok with discard skellige
There's nothing you can do about it, there's no tech that can counter it.

the madman actually did it

shackles and consume are two off the top of my head.

>let me just play donar for the 4th time

>Play ultra generic dwarf deck
>4k discard snownigger concedes after it's obvious he's going to both lose round 1 and have less carry for round 2
What did you mean by this?

first one is immediate lock, second is lock on last one

4+4+4+4 : base before playing
4+5+5+5 : play one, gets locked
5+6+6+6
7+8+8+8
10+11+11+11 = 43

4+4+4+4 : base
5+5+5+5
7+7+7+7
10+10+10+10
14+14+14+4 = 46 after reseting the last one

locking first is probably better cuz if they dont have 4 reavers its worse

Brehs, how does this deck seem? Not pictured is 3X Curse, 3X Firebolt, 3X Finish Off, 3X Goblin Skulk.

Feeling pretty good so far but I think I might have too much early game. Expert atromancer instead of supreme is also annoying but it can't be helped. Elusive Schemers feel like they're a pretty solid Daggerfall Mage replacement if you aren't rolling in cards, especially since they synergize with the skulks. Almost think I could cut some early game (Maybe 2 Finish Off) to squeeze in two more Shearpoint Dragons since they're decent on their own and are great with the curses. Not super happy with the Camlorn Sentinels either, but a bit of taunt to hold back aggro and a bit more prophecy cards is welcome.

Upvoted XD

ded game generalissimus

That's some really inconsistent art

You should see the premiums. As much as I like ESL, the premiums are even shittier than Hearthstone. Basically as bad as a foil actual card where it just makes the art dramatically uglier.

>4th premium ST sapper

why tho

>the edgy bobbleheads on the daggers card

topkek

dont you have a general you can meme in?

pucci
u
c
c
i

he gets around a lot for a premium card

not sure what deck runs 3 of them let alone 4.

what was it, faggot?

It was Aglais.

>playing as Scoia Mulligan Triss
>enemy is using NR Reaver Geralt
>flirt with him using taunts
>kept spamming step away while you can
>tfw he prolly got the wrong idea

I hope we get "friendly" taunts. I just want emotes like hello or good day desu ;(.

Also we need more avatars/portraits

sounds like ice cream tbqh

would be nice
they could do DLC packs for them or something

Would probably still sound like you're taking a piss out of them, sarcastic like.

Control decks will be the death of gwent

I honestly want to cut my nuts off every fucking time I face a bork nigger

It's just so fucking boring, like aggro doesn't even exist in this fucking game

thats the problem with not having a target to go face with.

you just have to not play a super greedy deck that runs no scorch resistant points.

It's just so fucking boring and uninteractive, wow, your whole board is fucking gold and you have a countdown nigger

Guess I lose because I don't have a 4 card advantage with 3 shackles in hand

>having a problem with new bork

get good. The card is barely usable

and you're barely above 2k because Bork is still gay as fucking ever, a scorch is still a scorch

I guarantee I'm ranked higher than you and bork is not a problem

Yeah he's not a problem to other control niggers because it's a fucking circlejerk over who saves their golds for round 3

what deck are you running that is causing you to be so bork-blasted?

If you know they're saving their golds for round 3 then win round 1 and force them in round 2 you double nigger.

>adjective noun

>rank 20
>level 19 in ranked

Haha i love p2w niggers who shit up casual with their meta tryhard decks

Skellige and Northern Realms can suck my dick.

Why do they have the most bullshit 'combos' out of every faction. I swear to god if I took a shot for every Reaver Hunter or Queensguard steamplowing I'd die from alcohol poisoning.

Because 25 cards is too little so it allows for extreme deck thinning and overpowered combos that have no comeback

If they just raised minimum on cards the meta wouldn't be as shit tbjh

If you raise the minimum number of cards, aren't you just increasing the relative power of the Foltest decks that are already that large?

Those decks suffer from having fucking horrendous hands

I know. However if they high roll, they high roll big

God forbid they have a downside :c

I'm playing the deck equivalent of a shitpost and I don't care, I'm having a fucking ball.

I just hit 4k. Where's my parade?

>losing to Queensguard or Reaver Hunters
lol

It's back in June when it took actual time and dedication

oooh salty
Well, me and my 72% winrate will see you at 4.5k soon.

I don't play ladder

Lol havent gg'd a single cunt in casual today

All control, what a nice game

Can't wait to see the embarrassing e-sports scene

Can someone rate a theoretical deck I thought of? It seems like it would be fun to play but I dont know if I should craft the golds I'd need. Any feedback alsk appreciater SK Harald
>Golds are Birna, Yen: Conj, Hjal, Vabjorn
>Silvers are Operator, Sarah, Iris, Donar, Holger, Sig
>Bronze cards are 2 First light, 1 Shackle, 3 Sav Bears, 2 Priestess', 2 Axemen, 2 Archers, 3 Maidens
Sounds cancer typed out lmao

Anyone got a cheapish control deck? I don't have a ton of cards but I am bored of what I am playing. Preferably NG > Squirrels > NR, in that order.

how am i supposed to tell whats cheap for you
i dont know what golds you have

Deck thinning in this game needs to be nerfed if there's one thing that needs to be fucking diced

fuck off. If you don't play 95% of your deck every game then you fucked up somewhere

I can make one gold

That makes for a horrible fucking game experience

If there's one thing ESL did right, it's making sure Mill faggots couldn't exist

It makes a great game experience and doesn't put you at the mercy of "if only I drew X card". It's entire deck against entire deck which is the epitome of skill

>Card games
>Skill

WEW LAD

Could've got me with that one a couple years back but not anymore

if you make avallach you can play ng dash just replace tibor with letho or something for now, im not sure how good it is but i ran into someone doing just that today

you can make baron and play rad with phillippa, roche and borkh (this is more of the "control" style)

this is again assuming you have all the silvers and bronzes and shit

i dont even care about ladder t b h

i just like collecting the pretty movie cards, from a gameplay standpoint they have 0 idea what they're doing and will end up digging themselves into a hole (they've done it already with Axe men and etc killing people's interest because it's clear no one wants to experiment because half the bronzes are absolute dogshit and everyone just wants to play the """meta""")

there is a skill in piloting a deck.

there is a skill in playing a series of games with multiple decks in a tournament format.

I wouldn't exactly call playing a game where the cards are mostly "if you play x, then x does x" "skill".

This game is very shallow, yeah there's more shallow card games, but people think this game has some sort of grand depth to it, not really.

Look at what they're coming out with, a fucking deathwish Impera Brigade, they just want the factions to have 1-2 identites and make the same cards all across the board. It's the epitome of lazy, and there's no skill when you have a clear goal in sight because getting there isn't even remotely challenging/

What tournaments have you won?

And that skill is nonexistant compared even to playing call of duty, not to mention street fighter or tekken

good rebuttle, now ask me also if i've directed any movies or tv shows or what music i've produced to

lmao @ this dude who thinks this game requires some sort of chess level of intelligence

your better off learning chess, at least it won't die in 6 months and actually is fruitful in many ways

If it's so easy why aren't you out there winning easy money? It is a good rebuttal to be honest, because you're full of shit and you know it.
>this shit is so shallow and takes no skill
>why am I turning down easy money? I just don't care h-heh

chess requires more memorization than skill. This whole debate is pointless unless the definition of "skill' is agreed on

francessca is so pretty

Because competitive deck for MTG costs more than alienware PC and it's just a major waste of time compared to having a job

Ahuh. Last time I played MTG there was at least one cheap tourney worthy deck.

so one deck means that MTG is affordable

I guessed you for a tard, glad to see you've proved it

I wish John Natalis worked

He's a cool card that just is in such a shit pigeon hole with being associated with machines

3 silvers in one pack. I already owned 2 of them, and the third one is shit.

I've never seen last wish played ever, you'd think maybe Spell ST but not even that

still more scraps than the average keg, you got lucky

there's a 37 card ST deck that plays it. It's not bad in theory but you usually want silvers to do more than slightly thin your deck. If you got to pick any bronze or something it would be way better

Nice reply. There's always one shitposter like you in any cards general and you're always a nobody with nothing of note to your name. What a surprise.

I don't get the addition of the 5 strength inf that summons others after 2 turns. Is this just for deck thinning?

you should play more then, it does get played. it's rare but it happens. alzur's double cross is better though

anyone else watching lifecoach struggle with being f2p

I was watching yesterday. It was enlightening. He truly is shit at the game. He made so many misplays it was insane.

yes + fills the bronze slot

His skill comes from game planning and developing strategies beforehand and going through them all during the game when he's roping. Doing stuff on the fly with decks he isn't super familiar with isn't his skill. It's why off-meta stuff or techs have always thrown him for a loop even when going back to hearthstone