Let's discuss why LS engines are worse at literally everything

Let's discuss why LS engines are worse at literally everything.

>low end torque
it's called a lazy powerband and is stupid in a performance car. A diesel truck engine has low end torque too but there's a reason why production performance cars avoid them.

>reliability
my engine would be reliable too if i could go to cousin cletus' truck and put his engine parts on my "sportscar". Even then it's not hard making a lazy ass v8 with 50 years of literally no improvement work.

>parts and avalibility
so you decided to buy a car with an engine that hasn't changed in 50 years because it's simple-minded inbred audience would actually not be able to comprehend any changes done to the engine, so GM has been forced to keep it the same or have the wrath of the trailer park boomers come after them. You, as a car enthusiast.

>lap times
i will admit that it could be fun at a racetrack. Much like fucking a hot cousin would be fun but it would be retarded.

>pushrods CAN rev high1!1
name a production car with pushrods that can hit 9000rpm.
>why does that matter
because short gearing and higher RPM is ideal for performance applications, but I wouldn't imagine GM's retarded fanbase would understand.

GM almost went bankrupt because not even normies are stupid enough to buy their cars, yet here you are as a self proclaimed "car enthusiast" who has much more access to information and experience than normies. Gm has never made good cars, Is not making good cars, and never will make good cars.

Just admit that the ls engine is a lazy truck engine that has no business anywhere outside of trucks, and that any development that should have been done on it has been halted by retarded boomers and their inbred offspring spewing their verbal diarrhea about how ls engines are anything other than shit, and we can all move on with our lives and maybe GM won't be afraid to make an engine that isn't completely useless outside of a truck.

>pic related, "hurrdurr I dibe a chebby"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_based_GM_small-block_engine
carsguide.com.au/head-to-head/hsv-gts-vs-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-s-20150904-35267
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a yurop can't deal episode

Modular > LS

It's not really the worst but it's painfully mediocre. It's the "Good enough" of engines, the goal of those who lack knowledge or inspiration.

No LS engine has ever been placed in a truck. An LS has good power everywhere, not just down low or up high.
LS is a single generation of motors released in the early 90s. They don't make LS motors, only LTs, with direct injection, forced induction and VVT.

Bad bait OP.

it's the honda apologist "i love all cars cause that's what real car guyz do" episode.

>lazy powerband

>having torque and mid-range and top end power is somehow not a good thing

you want as much torque as you can get everywhere you can have it. LS torque curve is cake and eating it too, and its a fuck load of cake

>durr truck engine

the LS-based truck engines and the LS1/2/7/9 etc are not the same. They have different castings (IRON VS ALUMINUM), different cam profiles, intake manifolds are totally different, different cylinder heads, different sized valves in said different cylinder heads. different accessories also, different exhaust manifolds, etc.

>engine has changed in 50 years

LS1 came out in like 1997

>short gearing and higher RPM

don't mind me, just making 1st gear pulls to 50mph. shit is so fast off the line people just give up because they know they got BTFO

nobody ever had anything negative to say about my PUSHRODZ when they felt dat pull

>ur wrong cause u didn't use da spechul letters!
it's been literally the same shit coming out of GM's braindead R&D department

have you ever heard a CTS-V or corvette C7 in real life?

it is literally god like. only an actual sperg wouldn't be at least slightly impressed.

its like pretending to be bored while riding a roller coaster. everyone knows you're just being a child

at first I thought you were retarded, skipped about half your reply, then I read that you do "pulls" and I no longer had to guess whether or not you're retarded. Let me know when you understand how cars work outside of "i pus da gas and it go loud noise"

>guyz i did reading on motortrend and they said they're not shit i swear they're not GM shills despite the cars being complete shit in reality!

>driving friends around in 300whp car
>sorry guys I only do the speed limit, nothing personal

>it is literally god like
why is it always fat fucks that buy these cars that have no idea how cars or competition works?

like it's always that 30 something fat fuck driving muscle cars and has never been near a track in their entire life that isn't a drag strip.

It's actually an entirely new engine. Block, heads, bottom and top end, etc... It's all entirely new between generations. Maybe do some research before making yourself look like a dumbass

>i do da highway pullz!

20 bucks says you're some highschooler faggot who watches 1230 videos all day and thinks they know shit about cars.
(spoiler, if you are defending anything GM does, you don't know shit about cars.)

>da metal different!

no it's the same. Maybe lookup something like the new mclaren engine to figure out how they got 710 hp out of a 4.0l v8, when GM struggles to get half that power out of twice the displacement.

This is the worst part of muscle car ownership.

Jealous pieces of fucking shit

oh wait your tiny brain wouldn't be able to comprehend how it works.

lemme explain:
forced induction
overhead cams
flat-plane crank
lower displacement, higher revs

maybe if GM shills would not be so retarded they could have something nice too

the worst part being a fat fuck or not knowing how to drive?

20 bucks says you drive a rusty accord and wishes it was an eg hatch

Wow OP, spent all that time typing out that drivel. Must suck being slow.

>LS powered cars
>fast

pretentious faggots like you who think anyone who owns a V8 car is some middle aged country redneck

fuck off with your insecurities

>those tires
I would actually smash the fuck out of you at any respectable racetrack. I can smell an attention whore from a mile away and you sir are the kind of faggot that pulls up to car meets with his 200hp 8.0l v8 and talks shit until someone tries racing, spins your wheels into fourth because the shitty 225 all seasons your mom bought are fucking trash, and you end up binning it and blaming it on oil or something.

30$ says you're a fat piece of shit
20$ says you're single
10$ says you spent way more on that LS sway than just rebuilding the engine would have cost you
5$ says it would have ended up better anyways because now you have a "sportscar' with the same powerband as a truck.

>But muh special arab edition supercar
A boutique built twin turbo supercar at least triple the price of a fucking camaro is a much different case. The McLaren isn't expected to survive use in a variety of climates as a daily driver for hundreds of thousands of miles, while still remaining affordable for the working class. Any company could make an engine with extreme HP per liter if it's not contained by purchase and operating cost

no I have nothing against V8's. I have a thing against LS engines because they are exactly like their fanbase. Lazy fat fucks who haven't done anything to improve themselves since they were born.

>$50000 says this guy has autism

then why didn't mclaren use pushrods if it was better? why doesn't ferrari? why doesn't lambroghini? why doesn't porsche? why doesn't literally anyone but GM put pushrods in their cars?

>i've never drove an LS car so I'll just be a pretentious asshole douchebag and pretend to know what i'm talking about

(you)

its just an engine bro. jesus

>T. Babby ass blasted because he can't own a glorious 6.2L V8

>durrr im a stupid cunt who knows nothing about ls's
i bet you've never even driven one let alone owned one stupid fucking spastic

$500,000 says this guy has no idea what pushrods even do

>hurr muh 6.2 is faster than your Ferd deezel

Why do people always look at the stock "production" power output of the LS? The whole point of the LS is cheap easily upgradable power as in HCI getting you 600whp NA. That's why it comes understressed from the factory.

i've honestly driven a G8. And it was exactly like i thought it was going to be. Tall gearing, garbage powerband, the redline was too low.

you know who owned it? A fat lazy fuck. You know who owns pushcuck engines? lazy fat fucks. maybe if you spent as much time working out as you do defending the LS engine you'd be able to fit into something that wasn't designed by literal retards.

5000000 says he doesnt even drive

He never said it was better you sperg.

Did you miss the affordable part?
Pushrods also make it compact to fit in a stupid amount of applications.

Lemme know when your engine gets thrown in everything from cars to planes to boats.

>cheap easy 600WHP NA

neck yourself

>fast LSX intake
>heads, cam, nitrous
>still not 600whp

oh ya bro an 800hp daily driver LS swapped RX7 is so easy to do bro, just 500$ and an afternoon!

you're proving my point of LS fans being pretty high on the spectrum

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHY DOES A STOCK GRAND TOURING SEDAN HAVE SHIT GEARING
Probably a fucking automatic u stupid pleb

go drive a 6sp manual with a 3.7+ rear and a cam faggot

I never once said pushrods are better.
But they are cheaper, and they are more compact. Smaller heads means you can have a larger displacement block. They make up for the slight airflow reduction and the larger RPM loss with displacement.
Pushrods are good enough for an affordable vehicle with high power requirements and little need for extreme efficiency.
Also Dodge still uses pushrods, as well as Ford

>i drove a stock automatic G8 and it wasn't what i expected, lmao LS IS SHIT

I bet its still a better car than what ever bullshit your salted ass drives

OH REALLY A STOCK CAR HAS LONG GEARING NO SHIT. No way anything would have good fuel efficiency figures if it had 4.11s

>milions of garbage truck engines are shoved into a fiberglass body to make a cheap sportscar
>retarded boomers and their inbred offspring complain if their precious meme engine is touched so literally nothing changes.
>they keep being made because boomers are retarded and want their meme engine
>guyz it's so cheap

it's cheap because it's shit.

Vs. Premixing oil at the gas station and rebuilding your engine every month like a fucking idiot. Talk about being high on the spectrum.

Find me a truck with an LSA then faggot

based logic poster
>it's cheap because it's shit.
ok what facking faggot car to you dream of driving while u ride the bus faggot?

pushrods are worse for performance applications. End of story. Ls engines in general are outdated blocks of shit that are the last hopes and dreams of boomers and their inbred offspring.

>Also Dodge still uses pushrods, as well as Ford
Ford discontinued the Windsor i believe but Bentley also uses them currently.
>luxury british pushrods

it would still be shit because it's a GM product

>drive stock A4 3.23 rear LS1 trans am
>beat 505hp Z06 off the line all the way to 90mph because he couldn't hook in his manual/couldn't shift fast enough

i don't think this guy ever got to do anything fun with the G8. hell he was probably in cylinder deactivation mode cruising on 6

if it had an engine that wasn't designed in the 70's it could have good fuel effeciency.

say that to my fucking face benchracer
And whats your car ?

I love how none of you dont have the BALLLS to post your car fucking tryhard benchracers
its from 1997 u shitposting faggot en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_based_GM_small-block_engine

probably was too shit scared to take it out of eco mode

>drag racing
you're one of those retards aren't you

Is there a problem with people enjoying things without being a millionaire?

If we're purely talking cheap engines, your only real options are Hondas, GM V8s, some Toyota engines, and VW 1600 Dual ports.

Get off your high horse n go home.

>pushrods are worse for performance applications

>still 7k redline making 400+whp
>smaller externally
>lighter

>implying stoplight racing = drags
lel u hate fun dont u?

the super charged 6.2 ls2 is only slightly less powerfull than the 6.2 mercedes v8, the mercedes v8 costs $50,000 and parts are very hard to find because they change the design all the time

carsguide.com.au/head-to-head/hsv-gts-vs-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-s-20150904-35267

the point isn't what i drive. the point is that LS engines are fucking garbage and if GM fanboys stopped shilling a shitty engine, GM's lazy as fuck engineers might actually have to do some work for once in their overpaid lives.

again, so why is GM the only ones to use them for performance cars? because GM is fucking retarded as well as their fanbase

when some 19 year old kid challenges you to race his daddys vette you don't pussy out

especially when he drops the clutch like a retard and spins and you fucking leave him in the dust in a car with 200 hp less

Worse depends on how you look at it. They're worse at high RPM, and as a result are worse for HP per liter, but are better for physical size, weight, affordability, aftermarket support, and ease of repair.
It's near perfect for the job it's meant to do, because not everyone will be able to afford a car over 100k.

>the point isn't what i drive.
YES it is faggot your just writing stupid shit with no actual evidence to back any of it up

THIS happened to my LS1 with over 150k miles af ter limiter bashing it for 2 years

see
or i just report his license plate to the police when he inevitably launches it off the line trying to show off how cool he is that he found the gas pedal.

Ford powerstrokes are 32 valve Pushrod I believe. Already huge engines wouldn't have fit in the bay with OHC

faggots already deleting posts i see

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH you're a fucking idiot

>bashing it off the rev limiter for 2 years
>driving like a cock in public
kys

>yes soy be like the rest of us cuckbugnumen

Also
>those chubby nail-biting retard manlet hands
if someone said they drive a car with an LS and asked me to describe their hands, that is exactly what i would have pictured. Thank you for proving my point further

GM actually has two DOHC V8s upcoming

>13.1:1
why do people keep posting this

> (OP)
>No LS engine has ever been placed in a truck.
What is a UTE

Is that a boy?

so go to a track. Oh wait you can't because all you do is drive back and fourth to the grocery store hauling your 600lbs of grocerys every week. Good thing you have long gearing and a shit powerband to help you haul your fat ass and your groceries back.

i'm sure their mommy is very proud. Too bad it's another GM product.

you realize GM uses DOHC in everything else, right? ATS-V is twin turbo DOHC V6

also Not only GM is using pushrods - Does the Dodge HELLCAT ring a fucking bell?

Dodge V8s are OHV also you retards

Attractive women dig the LS. And trannies hang out with DOHC people. Really makes you think.

10/10 thread, absolutely fantastic thread OP

>so go to a track. Oh wait you can't because all you do is drive back and fourth to the grocery store hauling your 600lbs of grocerys every week. Good thing you have long gearing and a shit powerband to help you haul your fat ass and your groceries back.
being this asshurt LOL faggot cunt you wont even say what fucking hunk of shit you drive if u even drive at all fagg fucking suck my 400rwhp 600nm shitcuck

>or i just report his license plate

I bet you sip your latte and tweet about it also

or your gay ass car is so unappealing they know your just a normie and nobody is challenging you to a race anyway

Not a truck, it's a ute. A truck must be body on frame

No kelly is a girl

you put an LS in your car just to put an LS in it. You don't race it or do anything competitive in your life because if you did you would have realized how fucking stupid you were.

>Buck-toothed Sid the sloth, complete with chin

Are you a soyboy who can't handle a little compression?

>yuropoors are still salty that an LS is the same weight and size as their anemic 4 bangers while making twice the hp/torque

>who needs low end torque, right?
>*downshifts to climb hill*

I don't want a torqueless rev monster if the car weighs more than 1500lbs.

That much isn't streetable and you can't boost it without piston change

because you're a fat lazy fuck?

The bus you ride on too probably has a pushrod engine faggot

Her teeth are the cutest

i like the b8

For somebody on a Chinese drifting cartoon chatroom you're pretty ignorant of all the LS powered professional drift cars.

The LS is pigfat

>drift cars and drag cars
I already talked about the LS retarded fanbase, no need to extrapolate.

Because not bouncing off the rev limiter at 60mph is nice.

>has never been in a car that can effortlessly climb hills in final gear

if you downshift and give it some gas in a car like that you roll burnouts up the hill

>drive ls1 car
>normies think 20% throttle is WOT because they feel a little torque

when you ACTUALLY give it some power its hilarious to see their reaction

500 HP from a 3L V8. Imagine if america's engineers weren't inbred retards what they could achieve.

A ute isn't a truck you dumb fuck

>muh special snowflake fused at the crank bike engine that cost $20000 and makes less torque than cleetus's 2004 silverado

I don't see anybody else getting 11 000hp from 7 liters.