cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gixxer.com/forums/236-05-06-gsx-r1000/748474-articles-how-bmw-used-k5-k6-delvelop-s1000rr.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did someone say GS free?

I don't think so.

Also previous thread

Don't worry, I won't keep going from here.

partially the photo angle but this is actually done alright

nice OP, fagget

Where can I find bikes in the UK?
I know of
>Gumtree
Not a single bike that I want within 100 miles (or from those that I want, can afford)
>autotrader
All over priced, small selection
>eBay
Super over priced, usually cat c / d as well

That's all I know.

I'm growing tiresome of the search for the perfect bike.

No bullying, please.

>overpriced overpriced
maybe you have an unrealistic expectation of the price. you arent going to find anything as low as usa prices. have you even tried negotiating with any?
also try bike dealers, many have used bikes and there must be some specifically used bike dealers around. at least you will know what overpriced really means then.
finding the perfect bike is a waiting game, constantly checking every day for price drops or if its been listed for weeks then they might settle for a lot less. and if you want truly a perfect bike you will have to think about even 150 or 200 miles probably, even further if you find some cities have a lot more cheap bikes for sale.
if you can find a bike worth more but costs less, and it looks like a legit listing then the travel expense and transportation might be worth it u feel me?

I've been watching the market daily for a long time now, I know what price I'm willing to pay cause I've had to already pass up several deals when I went through a period of just not having enough money.

I always pick bikes slightly above my budget and negotiate the price down to my budget, last bike I went and the guy wasn't having it unfortunately, but that's usually how I've bought bikes in the past.

Dealers are such trash, there was one bike I've been interested in from a dealer but its been damaged and the dealer won't even send me close up pictures of the damage or tell me specifically what needs to be replaced, and I'm not travelling all that way to see for myself, knowing that its damaged.

I've been checking about 20-30 times a day, every day, since November last year.
Only thing I haven't done, which is fair criticism, is expand my search above 100 miles.

Guess that's what I'll do.

>rider GF edition
Finally my time to shine

I never post in these threads, but thoughts on the SV650?

I'm the only one who actually rides here and I own a harley.
Single Craigslist bike newblits cannot handle it

Guaranteed only rider here to hunt off 2 wheels
And I own a harley

4wd is more fun in snow

Yfw the hot pocket posters won't be up till noon to reply

Gud bike

Should I travel 140 miles for a WR125R?
>2015
>10k miles
>only £1600

Should I? I need a quick response cause I might go today.

yup

Stealing tech from gixxer and styling from Yamaha...Bimmer btfo

>Buying a 125 4 stroke that isn't a small or mid-size bike
No

I'll be damned, you're up to something here. But stealing tech from Suzuki? 'not sure what it means engine-wise, but surely the Gixxer didn't have a bunch of electronic nannies back in the late 2000s, did it?

It's almost like people buy different types of bikes for different applications....

almost

cable for the sensor that measures how fast your sprocket is turning and converts that to speedo

>125
nope

The WR125 is not good for any application.

To be clear:

gixxer.com/forums/236-05-06-gsx-r1000/748474-articles-how-bmw-used-k5-k6-delvelop-s1000rr.html

What if the application is to not be good? checkmate bigot.

It's fun for shitbiking if you have a restricted license.

It's an European thing.

TW200>WR125

Shall we continue to leapfrog up the list friendo? I am bretty shur there are better options than the TW200 as well yes? If it fits the riders needs and application it is perfectly acceptable amiright?

But none as cute

>maybe you have an unrealistic expectation of the price
This. You're just a fucking cheapskate poorfag. Either settle for a higher price or a worse bike, nobike.

what the actual fuck did they do to that FZ1

teh subjective and objective...one mans cute is another mans ugly. But at the end of the day who am I to say what another person should ride? Look at EF: the guy has a garbage bike but for him it is perfect. Slow underchassis'd underbraked, underpowered, overweight, overpriced butt jewelery for selfies/ for him to attract moar goblins from under bridges to date. For me? No. For him? Perfect.

>FZ1
It's clearly a Honda gsxr 800 duh but yeah I think the guy called them speed holes or something...cause you know hacking holes through a frame is how we add strength

am I seeing someone who cut into their frame?

>also owns a ktm 500exc

You realize your narrative completely falls apart.
Keep hating though. He could go trade his Harley for a zx-10r and the dealer would have to hand him cash.
I don't think you actually even ride.
A pickup truck can keep up with a sport on most roads.
The only place ur precious sport bikes would even make ground over a cruiser like harley would be on the track.

You guys put way too much merit into rider capability vs machine capability.
I'm convinced most of you just look up bikes you'll never have and benchrace them against ur neighbors Harley while ur waiting for ur hot pockets to finish microwaving.

Hey guys,
Post a bike better than the GS500 and better than any Harley.
Here are three 500s that do this

>ahamay

That's a kawy for sure
I think it's an 08ish zx10 but I can't tell

Going above and beyond here.

>EF anonfagging

Is an f4i a good beginner bike? I want to get one to try out stunting, and just cuz I like how it looks when all the fairings are off.

Just a picture I had saved, not hard to find a bike that fits that criteria.

>still only user who has bikes and rides them
>still only user who posts his own images
>still would ride ur bike better than you ever could.

>ef post his bike and actually rides them
>people somehow hate him more than gs500 spamposter who shits up thread after thread

>defending rip fagotry
oh no wait he's just samefaging

i hate how it looks because it usually signifies that it has been dropped 1000 times and no one gave a fuck and also has weird gearings

also
>beginner
>stunting

pick 1

Why can't a beginner stunt? I'm not talking about anything crazy, just typical burn outs and wheelies.

Also isn't it good if your first bike is one you can drop and not have to worry about fucking up visually?

>local shop has a new Aral corsair v
>on sale 320 bucks
>helmet is 5 years old

When does the time clock start ticking for the 5 year rule? The day the helmet was produced or when I wear it?

I don't think it would really be good for a beginner, especially if you'll be attempting to stunt it

looks like you already made up your mind, why seek validation from us?

Is it biaku or baiku? I need a runescape name but baiku is taken :(
Any ideas?

Because muh daddy issues.

Also because I'm curious about the technical aspects of why it's bad. My actual first bike will probably be some dinky dual sport or something.

I thought it was 5 years of use and 8 in a box but I might be making that up, fortnine has a vid about it I think

>jimmy: rustled

Yeah maybe EF could trade the butt jewelery for a real bike and get some cash...I would say it depends on the 10R. What is his shitbox worth and what does the new 10R SE cost? But to present a main argument for owning a hardley as being, "muh resale value" is to hit the bullseye...on the wrong target. If you want to have a better riding experience you will often find yourself not owning a bike who's main attribute is resale value. As for you thinking I don't even ride...do you prefer photographic evidence of the multiple bikes in my garage right now? Tell me what insult I should add via hand written note and I will provide it. The difference between my bikes and your hardley is plentiful. I assure you I have an advantage in a multitude of places not just limited to a track. But then again I do not only own a sportbike. I have owned all kinds and types of bikes over the years.
As for merit on rider vs machine capability...well I barely post here because honestly I think there is too much men in womens underwear and snark comments void of logic...so from time to time I talk a little shit and move on. So I don't think I really qualify as one of, "you guys." But to generalize your comment...both are important. A good rider can only do so much on a shitty bike and a shitty rider will be found lacking regardless of the premium steed he rides. But to say this is not to say that a garbage platform is preferred (unless the main goal is not in fact the rider experience) but hey ride what you want EF. I wouldn't even hardley clown you if not for your repulsive holier-than-thou attitude. We both know that the majority of Harleys in existence adopted the philosophy, "function follows form" instead of, "form follows function" so that makes them quite realistically poser bikes by definition. But honestly there are a few Hardleys I would legitimately own and ride. I don't WANT to hate on Hardley, but they refuse to up their game so fuck 'em.

>beginner bike
>stunting

>how to fast track your way to ligament injuries, the post

>tfw I'll never have the greatest motorcycle ever built

What kind of bike would be good for a beginner to practice stunting on?

children's dirt bike

yessir. That poor poor 1st gen 10R...I might still have other pics from that butchered bike. He drilled holes in everything and generally raped it to death. /single tear

it's just a machine. i think it's hilarious how people get so upset about it

Honestly this

or a trials bike if you actually do want to learn without risking serious injury.

Cops generally pull you over only after 20 mph over the limit so 75 but for motorcycles they let you go up to 85, so keep it around 75~85 minimum. It's also the speed your engine performs at best usually for motorcycles. The right lane is also the best position to avoid police because they always expect speeding cars to be in the left lane plus the angle you pass them at makes it harder for them to see your plate. Cops can't catch motorcycles and they legally aren't allowed to chase you over 100mph so you just have to reach that speed and they legally have to call off the chase. Also this is fact that if you drive against traffic they cannot follow you. You can also do a quick u-turn because the turning radius of bikes is so much smaller so practice doing a "burnout turn" and drifting. Also protip: instead of buying an expensive aftermarket exhaust you can just unbolt your stock muffler. It's way louder and sounds amazing. It's important for cars to hear you coming believe it or not. Motorcycle horns are smaller and weaker than car horns so seasoned riders choose to twist the throttle hard instead of using their horn. It is also dangerous to take your left thumb off the handlebar to press the horn because you need your thumb all the way around the bar at all time to control the bike safely. Turn signals should only really be used at stopped reds or straight roads.

The f4i is honestly a great first bike

>let off the gas
>give about a second delay to make sure you're fully off the gas before pulling the clutch in
>pull clutch in, takes about half second
>find the underside of the shifter and make sure to make a complete motion upward and wait until you hear the click (this take about 5 seconds)
>once it's clicked, slowly let off the clutch to not damage the engine (takes two seconds)
>get back on the gas gradually when you're fully off the clutch

>600 straight 4
>Great beginner bike
Lel
It's cheap and nobody will miss it when you wrap it around a tree, but you're delusional if you think a peaky replica racer would be a good starter bike

Wrong
Gay

You're painfully slow and loud, get a clue nobie

it is a good first bike agreed. It is docile low in the revs, comfortable, good mpg, cheap, and can be grown into.

What does dbt think of cruisers? Vid related, me and my buddy attacking some corners.

>Peaky
>F4i
It makes like 90 at the crank
It's more of a sport tourer than a sport bike, like a lot of early 2000's bikes are.
They aren't overly heavy, they have a very predictable power delivery, are very easy to find parts for and repair.
Add on that they are very comfortable, cheap, and reliable, and you get a very good all around bike.
Plenty of people start on new 600's, it's almost the norm here in the states. Those things are track scalpels, I think the fatter early 2000's 600s are a great choice for a beginner

This man is european, do not listen to him. He's been stuck on his 125 for 3 years now and is just jealous of those that aren't forced to ride scooters by the federal government

>just under a fucking minute to go through the gears once

>doesn't into clutchless shifting

lolwut

>comfortable
>more of a sprt tourer than a sport bike
>good mpg
none of those are true when compared to actual beginner bikes. Sure starting on a 600 sport bike can be done but it's not really ideal.

Also they make like 95hp at the wheel

Post your bike then eh?
I have a feeling that you only say these things to justify your purchase of a 250
Those things are all true, also. They get like 45-50mpg and are plenty comfortable for sport touring

Anything over 125cc is too dangerous for a first bike, you should have to ride a 125 for 15 years until you are skilled enough to get a more powerful bike. Then you can go up by a maximum of 100ccs per year. Anyone who tells you otherwise is dumb and is gonna die in a firey motocycle crash

They may be 90hp, but it's a world of difference when they are all from 10 to 14k compared to a tourer, where they would at most be in the 8k range
It's an old Jap sportbike, it's anemic until the power hits and then you're seconds from whiskey throttling into a ditch
And comfortable my ass
The f4i is paraded as the most comfy of the sportbikes, but it doesn't mean shit compared to a standard

I don't think you've ever ridden an f4i

>cruisers
Get the fuck off my twisties. Even on my 125, I was passing cruiserfags.

Keep in mind these are modded and tuned as well.
They aren't peaky in any way, they have an extremely predictable power delivery and are fine for any beginner with half a brain

>Posts peaky power curve

>Posting images from /a/
That's like the smoothest dyno chart I've ever seen mate
They are ultra linear
Look at the r6 for example, there's a huge difference between the newer 600's and the late 90's early 00's

Those are literally identical once you account for scale and power difference

Is a Honda VFR Interceptor good for a beginner?