Repair estimate

I fucked my girlfriend's bumper up trying to make it to work today. I was making a left at an intersection and the car wouldn't turn or stop halfway through and I slid into a snow bank. How much will this cost me? Should I take it to the dealership it was purchased at, any Subaru dealership, or a body shop?

it doesnt even look broken, it looks like the clips popped off, put it back on, or zip tie it, no one will see and next time it will break the zip ties instead of the bumper..
jfc
drive better its awd

get snow tires idiot

just pop it back in and get that scratch buffed. nothing major

Thanks, guys. She's a little miffed, regardless, but at least it's not as expensive as I'd feared. I shouldn't have tried for work today, fuck.

just drive better man, its not hard, just takes time and patience... or just hotboi everywhere and wreck car till you learn to stop

SNOW
N
O
W
TIRES

It was my first accident :'(

How are people this bad at driving? How were you in a position where you had enough momentum at a turn to keep sliding forward?

Good morning summer tires

I'd like to see you walk on water

I don't see how Jesus has anything to do with being precautious on icy roads but ok.

You talk like a living God, perfect and blameless in every way.

Lmao it's not that hard to drive in the snow. All you need to do is be slow with your inputs, and slow down early for stops. The only way i can imagine a car sliding through an intersection is if they were going way too fast, or they don't know how to keep traction through the brakes. Snow tires aren't a must, just don't drive like it's dry.

>>t. busrider

you must be 18 years of age to post here.

t. Awdlet

Its always the drivers fault. The driver is responsible for both the driving and the cars condition & equipment. I don't see why people blame tires when they were the ones that willingly went driving on them

How much would it cost to have someone pop it back in? I tried myself but can't get it to line up well enough to pop back in. Should I just roll up to some body shops and ask them?

Is this guy serious? Are you seriously implying that because you can't drive in snow no one else can? How fast do you even have to be going to understeer that bad in an all wheel drive car anyway. You don't even know anything about cars, why are you here anyway.

If it's not just unclipped, a new bumper clip and some push clips for the fender liners shouldn't be more than $50.

Ur dumb

>how much will this cost?

Bout tree fiddy

kys plz

fuckin kek you probably thought buying a subaru was going to prevent shit like this huh

>be me
>northern minnesota
>huge snowstorm, still gotta get to work
>first of the year, always the worst
>warm up the truck
>go to the end of the block to the buisy road
>odo reads start to slow down to turn
>slide
>33'' winter tires
>get t-boned
>have to write off a 2018 f350 as a total loss
>cry yourself to sleep

The whole bumper cover needs to be replaced because it is cracked. Even if they just fixed the crack and repainted, it's a &2,500 repair. Have her call her insurance and pay her deductibles

>odo reads start to slow down to turn
Liar. Did you need to "slow down" from 3 mph to 1 mph? You were going too fast and you fucked it up. Who cares anyway, you had insurance.

snow tires does not make up for shitty driving, even with all-seasons, it takes effort or immense stupidity to lose total control especially with ABS/TCS on newer cars.

>33" winter tires

Which? I wish we had more to choose from in 31+ sizes

lesson learned that awd is not enough to save you from snow. get snow tires. fortunately you can just pop the bumper back in

Fuck snow tires. Either it's bad enough you need chains or it's fine and you can stick with all seasons.

where do you live that you think this?

That's clearly not the fucking case if you skidded through an intersection, you retard.

>doesn't get winter tires
>drives like it's normal conditions
>suddenly, understeer

Not having winter tires is exactly why OP ended up in this situation
all-season tires by design are made to perform 'adequately' in all weather, but any dry, wet or winter specific tire will outperform them. Areas in the north, like where OP lives, clearly get too much snow to stick to all season year round

Snow tire r for pussy, git fukkin gud

are summer tires for pussies too then?
i thought equipping your car for the elements was the smart thing to do
bitchhhh

Fucking Americlaps.

All seasons should be banned.