/stsg/ - Starsector General

CAPITAL EDITION

>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
[YouTube] An introduction to: Starsector (embed)

>Where?
Official site:
fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8.1aRC8

>List of popular mods
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>/stsg/ modpack
mediafire.com/file/qz68gks6ebv4btf/Starsector General Mod Pack Version 3.7z

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

Do we really belong on Veeky Forums at this point?

desu, I just wanted to discuss Starsector and there wasn't a thread up
I hear less popular games combine their generals like Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous

>proceed through IBB, everything isnt that bad so far
>modded boss ships are pretty cool, not exactly that hard to kill
>suddenly this AI motherfucker named El Psi
>has a AI fleet so big that I cant even deploy my entire fleet
>his flagship is a modified Sporeship that can MOVE
>more firepower than a Remnant Station

What the fuck this shit is insane.

>tfw looking back at some past version screenshots
Good times

Wow, that Neutrino ship looks old school
tfw still waiting to get a Diable Capital in my current save

Don't IBBs have a difficulty rating that tell you where it's impossible or not?

Yes

Any other Diable mains here? What do you think of the new balancing patch? I think I liked the Graves better as high explosive compared to kinetic since we already had the Recsons.

maybe Veeky Forums isn't the place for starsector

The generals after 0.8 lasted a lot longer than usual, I didn't think it would stick around until now. I don't expect much until maybe Tiandong and some other factions update, or if we get 0.8.2a.

Are those thermal pulse cannons on the onslaught fun to use? I've got only got one on my gust.

bump

The sure are!

I haven't had the chance to try the new guns yet. I like that Diable's medium Kinetic options now have more variety to them now though, instead of just Recsons and slightly shorter range Recsons.
Storm buffs were badly needed. It wasn't worth 35 supplies just to get some super buff Wanzers, especially when they were attached to a ship that tended to suicide itself trying to manfight actual combat ships.

Too bad this game is all prebuilt modules/ships with no custom designer, otherwise you could join us on /egg/.

there isn't much to talk about here
Maybe merged with some other space game

Yeah, we're kind of in a lull before Tiangdong, Junk Pirates and the next game patch come out. I imagine things'll pick up again when that happens.

In other news: would anyone want a portrait pack that had this image in it?

I don't know, is there a market for a space games general like /mbgg/? I feel like without constant content updates, that'd just die too.

The game needs some shit to do, like if we could make fleets & fight each other in multiplayer, this could easily stay active

Too many of the good space games would fall under other generals. Is there any plan to add 4x like mechanics or designing custom weapons or hulls?

Well, when people mod, we usually create our own custom sprites, ships, weapons and bundle them into faction mods.
The only thing that's custom about the ships is the hull mods which affect the ship's stats and the weapons mounted on it.

I was thinking more using an in-game designer to build weapons and ships from the ground up, similar to what Children of a Dead Earth has but obviously not ultra realistic since this is a space opera.

Refit Weapon - Tune dps, damage type, range based on existing weapon mounts...?

Sounds...intriguing. Not really feasible, and would be really difficult to code and balance, but intriguing.

bump

The Onslaught's TPC is more of an assault weapon than the Gust's bursty TPC. Personally, I like the latter a bit more since it's easier to hit shit with. You miss a lot of shots with the Onslaught due to how far apart its mounts are.

Yeah, but the weapon is more suited for Capital on Capital combat more than anything else.

ded