125k miles

>125k miles
>original clutch
>clutch screeches when wet
Am I skating on thin ice Veeky Forums?
What’s the usual replacement window for clutches?

100k is usual replacement time. I'd do it sooner rather than later, my dude.

Also, there are much better forums to ask about this stuff than fuckin Veeky Forums.

You have already doubled the average service life of a clutch. It is almost 100% already slipping and you just haven't noticed it yet.

It's remarkable that it's still even grabbing.

Your flywheel is probably trashed.

Holy shit, if you replace a clutch before 100k, you fucked it up

Seconded.

Doubled the average life? If you're going through clutches every 62k, then you're a fucking moron who shouldn't be driving.

>100k is the usual replacement time
>you have already double the service life of a clutch

what the fuck, is jeep really this shitty? a guy in my town had an E39 BMW 520D and used the original clutch well over 500.000km(310k+ miles)

I call absolute bullshit. Unless that man is a rev matching god who doesn't need a clutch, that isn't a thing that happens.
>t. Past E39 540i owner

he was a taxi driver, and used it as such, probably babied it like hell

Didn't even touch the turbocharger until 400-500kkm, those usually need some maintenance between 2-300kkm

That makes a bit of sense, but I would think as a Taxi driver, there would be even more wear from driving in slow traffic and having to constantly engage and disengage at low speeds.

>clutch screeches

Grease fork pivot ball.

200Kkm maybe in Honda with oem clutch.

Bmw no fucking way.

Whut?

Mine is currently at 121 000 miles and running fine... should I be scared?

Best buds previous Merc killed its first clutch at 212 000 miles

Op here

I did wheel it earlier in its lifetime, plus mud...

Pic related is how my clutch pressure plate looked at 110k miles (bought it like that). Notice the grooves from the rivets, it was slipping in all gears above 2nd. From now on I will be replacing my clutches every 90k or so.

Doesn't help that I have a car with bad low-rev torque and very long gears.

I have a spic-built (read:desperately shit) chebby work truck with a clutch that got replaced with nearly 120k miles of retarded driving from company workers and general fuckwads in a construction site, not to mention it leads a life of pulling trailers with 2 tonnes of water around a city and a bobcat for hundreds of miles

Lrn2clutch for fuck's sake

I am ready for the "I never have to replace the clutch even at 1 million miles because I am the best driver on the face of the planet" posts.

My 96 Cherokee had 256000mi before the clutch went. 2 owners before me. Clutch depends on driver.

>when wet
how tf is a clutch supposed to get wet.. or am i just retarded. ..

You are very late.

>2 owners before me
How do you know they didn't change the clutch?

>should I be scared
Nah you're good, stock clutches at factory power levels last a long fucking time unless you're a complete retard.

I have had a YJ stock clutch last well into 220k miles before I sold it. My current TJ has lasted 120k miles so far. I've only done mild wheeling though.
Always do proper maintenance after wheeling and you should be fine well into 150k miles even with frequent wheeling.

Just learn to manual, mate.

Not unheard of in a semi
878k on mine