Will Lincoln and Cadillac ever dominate again?

Will Lincoln and Cadillac ever dominate again?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/china-emerges-as-cadillacs-top-market-a-decade-sooner-than-expected-1515183273
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When they start making pure Americana luxury yes

American cars haven't been relevant since 1927

No but the real truth is they never made good cars they just didn't have any competition.

>look dad I posted it again

Lincoln wouldn’t be paying Matthew McConaughey out the ass unless it thought that they’re on the verge of dying off in the next ten to fifteen years.

So no.

This user know what he talks about. I want American luxury, NOT wannabe-german car.

he's right tho

Not while they build their cars off of poverty chassis and economy drivelines

Cadillac is doing it a little better with their alpha platform, which when that trickled down to the camaro made for one hell of a car.

It doesn't feel like a real Cadillac. I remember and still miss my grandpa's Cadillac. Riding in an old Cadillac was like floating on a cloud, and the car had all the responsiveness of said cloud. This makes Cadillac standing out for being unique.

There's no market for luxo-barges outside of maybe China.

yeah, nah he isnt

Lincoln will never be an international competitor again, they just have nothing to offer that someone else doesn't do better.
Cadillac COULD be an international competitor but they won't risk their "blue collar millionaire" reputation. Cadillacs aren't for Wall Street Execs or rock stars, they're for the guy who owns the biggest plumbing wholesale warehouse in the tri-state area.
The next time Cadillac engineers come up with some utterly mental luxury concept car they need to fucking build it. Build 200 and only sell to a select group of fuck-off rich assholes. That's how you build an international luxury brand.

Not while Cadillac employs that charlatan fraud Johan as CEO. Move Cadillac back to Detroit

never ever

Cadillac should only produce SUVs, like GMC and Range Rover. Their cars suck, nobody buys them, so they just eat all the SUV profits

Literally nobody would ever buy that, so what’s the point. Cadillac brand value sucks; no status. Known for making decent and brash SUVs

>Known for making decent and brash SUVs
>decent
Maybe if the baseline is a Suburban.

FUCKING PLASTIC EVERYWHERE

>there’s no market
>except for this fucking massive one
What did he mean by this?

Well niggers have moved on to Benz, so maybe whites will shy away from the other badges now.

Mercedes will find a way to make their cars a bit racist toward niggers, so nignogs will return to their beloved car, caddy again.

No. They lost their reputation. The word "Cadillac" used to mean the standard for all others to compare themselves to. That is gone forever.

They don't know what to do with their brand anymore or who to market it to. It is really sad. When the boomers are all gone those brands will vanish.

>When the boomers are all gone those brands will vanish.
Not really, we will be the old farts like them and buy caddy car as a last/final car.

doubt, there's also sand niggers.

There’s always a market for land yachts

as soon as I get my fuck huge 8.2l, 400 horsepower Eldorado back.

I want to try the 30 way Lincoln continental seats.

Lincoln is too far gone. They have nothing but Ford rebadges.

Cadillac has hope. They'd only make a full return if they put a V8 back in their cars, besides a corvette engine in the top of the line.

Lexus filled the Lincoln/Cadillac gap in tthe 90s and it's not gonna change anytime soon.

Lexus is the only non-Euro luxury brand that can actually compete with Europe on luxury. Maybe Volvo too but their lineup is so limited in comparison.

What is "Europe luxury"? A 2.5 liter diesel engine?

European luxury is impeccable fit and finish, exquisite materials, the latest technology and above average build quality. The Euros also each employ a unique design aesthetic.

Mercedes does it, Audi does it, BMW does it, Lexus does it, Volvo does it. Lincoln and Cadillac don't do it. They're almost there, but almost isn't good enough. I look at a Lincoln or Cadillac interior and I see panel gaps, vinyl where leather should be, and generic design.

>Literally nobody would ever buy that, so what’s the point.
China is one of the biggest markets for Cadillac with the United States being the second.

>This below news article states that in the last year Cadillac sold more in the China than the US
wsj.com/articles/china-emerges-as-cadillacs-top-market-a-decade-sooner-than-expected-1515183273

whoa what lexus is that?

>European luxury is impeccable fit and finish, exquisite materials, the latest technology and above average build quality. The Euros also each employ a unique design aesthetic.
wtf i love somalian cars now

:^)

>European luxury is impeccable fit and finish, exquisite materials, the latest technology and above average build quality.

looks like a ls500 f sport

Literally every Lincoln has a worse gap than that.

Lincolns cost $100k less

Making excuses gets them nowhere though. Demand world-class from them if you truly want them to be great again.

Thats a Mer--- wait, are you serious?

Too bad eurocucks aren't even allowed to manspread in their own cars these days.

>Starts spouting completely irrelevant gibberish as rebuttal
Why bother saying anything if you yourself know it's just shit?

Are you even looking at the interiors you're posting? They're horrendous.

Maybe if they stop trying to be Mercedes and make Land yachts again

Post a better Lincoln interior.

I already said Lincoln is too far gone. I was simply asking what exactly is "European luxury" and apparently it's cramped interiors, circular vents and a mess of a layout.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

If you want Lincoln and Cadillac to make any progress towards their former glory days then they need to try to emulate the Euros, like Lexus did. Once they've gotten basic ergonomics down, then they can add their own flair, again, like Lexus did.

What are they supposed to emulate? Crooked driving positions?

>American
>luxury

pick one. American luxury lines are rebadged and resewn interior garbage cans with four wheels.

They already emulated that.

You can see that console is more straight and less invasive. It also does not use gloss black plastic for the center console like the cheap Mercedes does.

Sure. They just use walmart-tier matte black plastic, and gobs of gloss on the wood veneers to the point that it looks like plastic instead.

Thankfully the dashboard is smaller.

>He's got a custom Continental
>he's got an El Dorado too
>he's got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun
>he's got a razor in his shoe

they can corner the Leroy Brown market

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
You serious?