/tsw/swl/ - The Secret World Legends General

You look good in blue Edition.

Second day of the Whispering Tide.
> You only need to open 10 Relics to get all the rewards, so it’s okay if you miss a day or two. Opening a Relic after collecting all the rewards grants extra Anima Shards.

>FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Steam FAQ
secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/artwork/Xn3Ra
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just hit 50 at approx 50-60% of Scorched Desert. Fusionned my first epic. Feels nice since my second shotgun 25 was waiting in my bags since level 30.

I'm waiting for Flappy at the moment, anyone got news for the Lore? Is that really what we expected? Aka each day a new one in the bird's lair?

Found by complete chance a concept for the supposedly incoming Congo zone on Artstation.
artstation.com/artwork/Xn3Ra
Looks like the flora adapted itself to the Filth, rather than becoming the usual gooey black thingy. Probably like the draugh, so a new sort of endemic filth.

Anyone got more?

>3 posts by OP
>already at page 10
We should just stop trying.

>redownloading the game because I was converted to Steam automatically

these events are free stuff better be worth it

> free stuff better be worth it
They are pretty nice

Also just how many of you shitters play the game on a consistent base?
I am thinking about level 50 people grouping of for shit such as dungeons, bag runs, maybe even lairs at some point.

I'd be down for a Veeky Forums cabal

I'm far away from level 50 though

only good goys can make a cabal though.

I do atm. A good amount of hours per day, but I'll probably have tot one it down soon, when I'll get back to work.
Especially when all were made by the same guy, haha. Fuck.
One Piece minigames get a general, Life is Strange get one where all they do is waifuposting over the same three bitches. I don't get it.

How to make a script to autoexec "log on"?

apparently blood users like to fap all over eldritch weapons. do any other weapon types get a significant improvement when it comes to dungeon weapons?

What's a good faction to join? I hear the Illuminati have god-tier waifus? What about Dragon?

Dragon starts you out with a blowjob but it's all downhill from there.

Yeah

lumies are tryhards and templar is uppity

I went with chaos azns

lol so random XD

"Everything is random but not really random"

keikaku dori >:3

What's a good secondary to Pistols (or main with Pistol secondary)?

AR, blood, hammer, fist

"Where did the Carter posting go? Post more Carters"

Carter is cute. CUTE.

I wish there was more character interaction than the rudimentary garbage we have at the moment.

Illuminatis are pretty good at the whole "secret agency/conspiration" thingy. Templar are more in "the last guy to stand up against the imminent doom" vibe. So really, I'll say chose your faction to suit your taste best. Both have good points and bad ones.
Dragons are pretty awful, but they got some cool stuff in Tokyo.

Post Carter's leggings.

By the way, there was some pretty sick Carter Unleashed artwork on the old WeLoveFine TSW shop. But i cannot find it again, no matter how much i look. Anyone got it?

You mean this character concept?

Ah, no, it was an original illustration, featuring Carter casting some big fire attack.
But thanks anyway, didn't have this one, that's pretty cool.

Which is your favorite color. Red, blue or green.

t-that naked model view under the clothes.
Got to draw that for...anatomical correctness after all.

>AR

How annoying is the grenade mechanic endgame? I used it during the tutorial and just NOPE'd my way out of the weapon tree.

downloading the game right now

can anyone explain the whispering tides event? how do you join the raids? do you get any cool shit?

Bees got curves.

You have to go to the Agartha, then take the jumper near one of the big Automaton. The portal open every hour for 30min. You go in, join the raid (you get buffed so that your level won't be a nuisance to the others) and kill Flappy.
Once he's dead, you get a quest that you can complete to get your prize.
Also, during the six minutes following the boss death, you get a b uff that allows you to open the special cache that you got as your second daily reward. That's the only way for you to open them.
You only need to kill the boss one time per day to make sure you don't miss anything, but killing him 1,5 and 10 times in total each time reward you with a title.

>anyone got news for the Lore? Is that really what we expected? Aka each day a new one in the bird's lair?
I'm interested too. Where are the other lore pieces? Still only got the sixth one.

>Once he's dead, you get a quest that you can complete to get your prize.
The mission report or an actual quest?

Nah, the report. My bad. I meant you report a quest you didn't have to pick before.

Oh, okay. I was hoping there's a way to play the classic SW three stage flappy quest people talked about.

I got all the answer for you.
Without any other skill or passive involved. They are super easy to handle.
It's only when you throw in things that reduce the cook and explosion timer to 3 seconds that you get more complex rotations.
But there is a skill that makes nade handling literally retard proof.

I havent played in ages. What happened? Is it for the better or worse?

It's simpler. Both in a good way and in a bad way.

Wasn't there a mission where you got back in time to the roman camp in Sol Invictus? I kinda remember something like that, and while I'm getting closer and closer to the end of SD, i haven't seen it yet.

>Steam launch
>Still 9 posters
Welp

It's still there, I think it's one of the last quests before you leave that map.

i am a bona fide CDC agent

Ok, cool.

My Frankenchopper is bugged, my character is running to the side of the engine. Wich really sucks, since it was working in the first stage of the mission. And the look blend really well with my character. Fuuuck.

I wonder why most of the good characters are in the first world. Albania at the end is awful.

You're adorable and have joined Carter on the headpat list.

Are the DLCs worth it?

What should you prioritize buying Aurum with anyway?

>Are the DLCs worth it?
WHAT fucking DLCs?

check the Steam page

there's like an agent pack and supernatural pack

Not really, but they are a better deal than just buying aurum naturally.
So if you want some, yeah. Buy them i guess.

>The price of intricate fierce glyphs

What about it?

Getting patron and doing some grind for a month will give you more than 2000 aurum and some bonus shit.

I log in at least an hour every day, though I'm on at CEST times.
I'm around level 42 atm, still at scorched desert.

look for Mariottide

They're too fucking expensive, man.

Oh goy. You don't get what is happening at all do you?
Let me clarify the reality of the situation.
Some shitters get money happy and post shit way higher than anybody will buy. The sale can only be up for 3 days(look at how long those sales been up) They will lose 10% of their marks for putting up that stupid offer. THEN they will either have to set it up for sale a SECOND time and lose another 20% on the sale or use it themselves.

Do you undastaand the words coming out of my mouth? These retards are throwing marks of favor to the air and somehow you are threatened by their prices.
Just farm em yourself or wait until they drop down to reasonable prices. Simple as that.

New player here, where can I get good builds?

You make them, you can't just "get" them

Highly suggest you make your own build and read what skills do.

Just grind desert. You'll have about 20 bags in an hour.

this filth bird is no match for the CDC agent

There better be a filth bird pet reward for completing that waste of time on all 14 days!

Pretty sure we won't get one.
Too bad, would be sick. But i lost all hope of god-tier pets when i realised that we'll never have an half zombie body following us around like pic related.

i hated ar while leveling but i like it for healing/dps

grenade elite does stupid good damage

How important is the starting class?

If you're willing to throw shekels at the game it's 99% irrelevant.

>You'll never pet the little zero point infection bird.
Why even live?

if you dont like one or both of the weapons you would probably better off making a new character.

otherwise not at all

l i v e

I miss the little comics and covers that came with each issue, anyone have em?

first time loading this on steam it require about 40gb but after I cleared hardisk it said 20bg, what the hell?

Is magus good?

Anythings good. If your looking for the best weapon go for a class with hammer, great DPS and can double as a tank weapon.

ded

>Why even live?
In the absurd hope of petting Carter's head.
None if you're an old TSW player. Otherwise, you're in for some farming if you don't like the feel of them.

desu there isn't that much building to do given the weapons you start with. just pick out active skills that seem decent and get the passives that buff them.

or maybe AR is just retardedly easy to build for.

>friend is literally swimming in 3 pip crit chance glyphs, getting 2 per day
>mean while I am getting memed to death in crit power
The fuck do you want from me game?!
8 slot crit power build, where I have 10% chance to blow the dungeon boss brains out for 50% hp?!

>scoping market for cheap 3 pip accuracy glyphs
>break down and buy one after a week since the price isnt really going down much

>open one in a bag 30 minutes later

if the thread dies so does my wallet

Goy what did I tell you?
If you plan to actively play the game and grind some stuff in the month that you have patron. Then patron is better by a LONG shot both in terms of how much but more importantly cost efficiency.
Do you understand? You are literally throwing away money.

this CDC agent is poor as fuck

bump

Does this game run better in DX9 or DX11?

I haven't had problems in DX11 but switch to 9 if game starts giving you problems like invisible lasers

I'm running on a toaster which is more optimized for performance?

In that case, DX9

Dual Weapons:

Equip main weapon and off-weapon. Main will be the weapon you want 2 of, and off-weapon is any weapon. Drag the off-weapon from the equipped window to the same type as main weapon in the inventory and you'll have 2 of the same weapon type.

Note: Dual same weapons gives double energy regen, and reads the passive effect of the offhand.

Dupe Lair Essences:
When summoning the boss, wait until the last person interacts with the heart, then dodge far back so you stop channeling. If you did it correctly, boss will still spawn and you will keep your essence. Works for all bosses

Item bag dupe:
Wait for server to lag or lag yourself silly and open up bags, you'll get 2+ items, works for all bag type items.

Grey Winged Regional Lair Boss Exploit:
Boss does no ranged attacks, figure out a way to get on top one of the brick columns and just wail at it.

Top Tier:
Hammer, Fist, Pistols

Good Tier:
Shotgun, Blood

Ok Tier:
Chaos, Elemental, Rifle

Butterknife Tier:
Blade

Is Blood useful end game? I worried the self damage corruption and deflecting heals will set me back too much.

What weapon should you take for ranged DPS?

I've heard good things about Blood as a main weapon, paired with Eldritch Tome (increases DoT damage high, they may nerf it)
Keep Reap to balance yourself, Desecrate + its passive seems good but I haven't used it alot to know how effective it is in longer fights

>20 minutes to kill flappy

that bird is tough

nothing can stop this CDC agent

Anyone have the $50 DLC pack?

Worth buying Y/N?

N

were you going to buy 60bux worth of aurum for some dumb reason

then yes

I just saw someone put down a turret that attacks enemies

Anyone know which skill it was?

it was a gadget

Personal Sentry Gun

better off getting one that restores en or cleanses or teleports or some shit

It's probably a Gadget, like one of those drones
You could look it up in the auction house

Are all gadgets kinda crap?

the ones that straight up damage enemies are supposedly crap, which makes sense when you think about it. you should use your gadget slot for something you can't do with your regular build, and your build (unless you're a healer, but even then a straight up damage gadget would be a waste) is designed to do damage already.