Do you feel it, Veeky Forums?

Do you feel it, Veeky Forums?

Do you FEEL it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UeiH9Mm0E5Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I feel expensive repairs with no lube

>bmw

no thanks, i didn't just make manager at my local mc donalds.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord.

OH SHIT IM REALLY FEELIN IT

HELL YEAH, FUCK YEAH, I FEEL LIKE KILLIN IT

Oh I can feel it, you wanna know what I'm feeling?

brainlet here, which bmw is that? looks gud

>Looks good

Yeah no shit you're a brainlet.

The GODMOBILE
aka 8 series

do people not like those? first time seeing them and i love it

v12 pure sex. I respect and admire the owners/stewards of these great cars

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=UeiH9Mm0E5Y

Nice mk3 you got there

>5.0
little babby

Everyone likes them, only faggot contrarian teenagers don’t. It’s the 8 series

E31

Not a BMW fan but holy shit if I wanted to burn money a 850 would be the top of that list.

Actually, which is better to own at this point, the 850 or the 840? I realize the V12 is pure sex, but it's probably even more expensive to maintain than the V8.

yay or

nay?

It's certainly not ugly, but it's just not the same.

i like the rear, but the front is too pointy. so long as it gets a v12 i'll be ok with it

You couldn't even build the old one if you wanted to. Goes for all the old designs from the 80's 90's. Pedestrian safety laws raised the front end (no more e31). Rear and side collision safety requirements bloated the rear end and swelled the doors (no more e30). It was all over after the e46. Everything after is just a bloated iphone on wheels.

I can feel what this new one is going to do to used car prices and how my hope of ever owning an 8 series will disappear

Well maintained v12's are where it is at. Don't get me wrong, the v8 e31 is a little rarer and maybe a little easier to maintain, but... There is no doubt in my mind what a collectible will be in the near future. If the M1 was the most Lamborghini German car ever built, the e31 is the most Ferrari. And it will be the V12 that gets all the money. Six speed is best, but low mile autos will also do well.

I own four. I've always said the e31 is the Facel Vega of our generation. Totally misunderstood by all but a few, and then the light bulb went on and now you have trouble finding one under $100 k.

what is this shit and where is my tesla?
grandpa didnt know Internal combustion engine
is past?

>now you have trouble finding one under $100 k.
15 years ago these could be had for ~12k. Looks like most are still in the 10-20 range. Not sure who's paying over 100k for one.
As the boomers die out I think collectible cars will have a lot less buyers and prices will drop across the spectrum. Most young people, especially millenials, don't give 2 shits about cars apart from being a means of transportation, and they don't have any money anyway.

I was talking about Facel Vega's. They were literally unknown until the market figured out how rare they were (attrition). At that point it was like a movie theatre needing to be through that one door NOW. Any price was paid. e31's are that same car two generations later.

Its funny you mention boomers. Yes muscle cars are dead. Sell them now. The euro and jdm stuff from the 80's and 90's are solid gold. Everybody understands them from all backgrounds and generations.

It looks so sexy in that pic

the earth does, that thing is a fat pig

I took mine to get detailed. A 4 series pulled up behind it, same colour. The 8 was lower, thinner, and less bloated in all ways. I was standing by the entrance smiling at the juxtaposition. The driver in the 4 series paid multiples more $ than me for a pig fat bloated normie mobile that would depreciate like a sinking ship and the look on his face told me he knew it.

Can these be driven daily?

Depends. They were built for long commutes. Hard, high speed miles on the autobahn or interstate. After reading up the last couple days on some of the cross country Cannonball record breaking attempts and the cars used I would say this would be my #1 choice with two fuel cells in the trunk.

>curb weight 850ci
>4,288 lbs
>heaviest variant 4 series
>4,270 lbs
That 4 series also makes more horsepower and has better fuel economy and amenities, and may look better depending on taste.

Take pleasure in knowing that you own a car very few people even know exist (mostly because it failed as a concept) that has some character, but you should probably not bother comparing it to any newer BMW in numbers performance.

>Complaining about depriciation on new Bimmers while owning an 850
What'd you pay for that one? Pretty sure msrp on that was around $90k

Also, the heaviest trim of the M4 weighs 4,055 lbs and makes over 100 more horsepower, on top of having better technology literally across the board. The lightest trim weighs 3,500. You should definitely just stick with something like, "My car at least has character and class, unless the soulless money-grab ideology behind newer BMW."

$9000 cdn. Mechanic owned. 96000 km.

A four series should not even come close to size and weight of an 8. It definitely displays the bloat that has creeped into modern car design.

Performance is obviously going to improve over three decades. With that said, drop in a chip and the only four series that will hang with me on an autobahn at top speed will be the M4. They weren't built for 0-60, they weren't built to track. They were built for pushing slower, uglier cars out of the left hand lane of the autobahn and they are very adept at that even 30 years later.

i'm looking at one for 89k bong tokens

how much could i get for a kidney, lung, and half my liver?

Lincoln Mark vii?

Could not have less in common with a Ferrari aside from being a V12 GT car that looks great. Ferrari is continuous perfection of basic cars, the E31 was (in true German fashion) throw everything and the kitchen sink at the car to make it as advanced as possible for the time (first car ever with CAN bus).

That's 10x more than you should pay unless it's an Alpina, or a 850CSi manual with 5k miles.

Moderate yay.

The M8 is basically the new M6 which itself is the 2 door M5. Aka its big and if history shows anything the M3 and Z4 were both better track cars than the M6 (aka the new M8).

Really the M8 is going to be a rebranded M5 in man attempt to make a hyper premium brand with black bmw labels to distinguish it from the regular line up.

In even more plain speak the car is bait for rich people to part them of their money.

It remains to be seen just what the price will be. My guess is $130K just below the i8 but more money than the M5.

Annoying because this means it will have the ZF8 auto and no manual.

If you want a preview of what they mean by 'hyper luxury' look at Doug demuros vid on the Volvo excellence, its the same idea Its got swarovski crystal gear shifter etc etc.

For some reason it will have a gran coupe 4 door version in case you want the 4 door version of the 2 door version a 4 door car.

The M8 will add some carbon fiber and a turbo V8 tuned to 600 hp.

Interesting to me; I believe WEC and IMSA both limit power to about 500 hp in GTLM. The M8 in GTLM also uses a sequential 6 speed instead of 8.

Which really makes you think about the whole DCT can't handle the power meme bmw is rolling with.

Really I think the M2 will remain the best BMW. The M8 is definitely a nice car but its designed to make money and sell Crystal gear shifter for huge markup where the original M3 was designed for driving.

I get that the typical customer these days wants to show off his wealth and doesn't care for driving or tracking. I'm just glad the M2 exists

Without pop-up headlights what's the point? Isn't that what makes the E31 so great? Being the only (affordable) BMW with pop-up headlights? Looking so different from all the other BMWs?

Go back and read what I said and try again.

v12
.29 drag coefficient
wedge shape (it was an evolutionary design for german cars at the time).
No b pillar.

Probably top three best looking BMW's with the e9 and the z8.

>6.0
little babby. Don't even have a 3 ft wide air intake.

You mean two of everything, right?

I used the wording burn money in reference to the money needed for the V12.

VIII

lost my shit