Are other countries even trying?

Are other countries even trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/car-reviews/2017-honda-ridgeline-vs-2017-chevrolet-colorado-which-is-better-256769
youtu.be/CWYqEinNGUM
youtu.be/6IV6QUTclnA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If only they could figure out how to make a pickup.

You were saying?

I had a Jap car, a 2009 Mazda 3, pretty goodcar but would get dinged if you looked at it the wrong way.

Sticking with good old thick American steel

Cross Nissan and Mazda off that list. They might as well be Korean now.

my biggest fucking gripe about owning a subaru, ill take headgasket and transmission problems but jesus fucking christ my doors like the surface of the moon after 12 years

What is that bed style called? Its like almost a flat-bed but not quite

Lexus
Toyota
Honda
Subaru
Acura
Mazda
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Infiniti
Suzuki

in that order

same

all the pickup you'll ever need right here bruh.

>transmission overheating intensifies

since when.

Toyota and Nissan can.

>unibody
>engine is sideways
>not true 4-wheel-drive
>no low-range

did you purposely post the worst pickup in history?

im sure its fine if you only drive on roads

hilux>tacoma>all north american trucks

It's just a more historical style of tray. You gotta remember that the Land Cruiser 70 is in production since the early '80s with minimal changes. Other Japanese pickups of the era look similar. The crease below the lip holds hooks that you can tie stuff down on.

It's the most practical truck for every day use. Unless every day you need tons of torque and hauling capacity.

hilux is good
tacoma is garbage
pre-98 rangers > tacomas
s10s > tacomas
f150 > tacoma
nissan hardbody > tacoma
mitsubishi mighty max > tacoma

They did, 50 fucking years ago. You don't see them in the US because of garbage protectionist laws.

l200 is only good think mitsubishi currenty makes
dont even make me start about toyota

well, i mean, youre wrong, but thats fine i guess

>list of cheap fwd shitbox manufacturers
no thanks

>b-but they have one decent (but still sub par) car in their whole lineup! which makes them the best manufacturers in the world!

You need an F-350 super duty to sit in bumper to bumper traffic? You need 200+ HP and f/lbs of torque to get groceries?

If you are looking for a work truck to haul a trailer all day every day, get a big "true truck". If you need an extended bed, that is 8 or more feet long, get a "real truck". If you need an econo box with more utility than a hatchback or SUV, get a ridgeline. And then while you are at it compare the Ford ranger to F-150, or Silverado. They are look just as bad as the ridgeline in that comparison. Yet they don't catch near as much of the shit. The ridgeline isn't a full size truck. Its a midsize.

Next to other midsize trucks its practical as it gets. You have multiple models and features for each potential use case. Tailgates that open from the side rather than along the bottom. Storage built into the cab like the avalanche or RAM box. Shallow beds for those that dont need a deep one. A bed floor that can lift up to reveal a storage compartment.

Sure you aren't going to tow the world with it, and you aren't going to set any kind of power records. But you will get a 3k civic with 8x the utility and function.

Are you sure user?

your reading comprehension is garbage. look again at my complaints of the ridgeline; did i once complain about hp or torque? no, i didnt.

>If you are looking for a work truck to haul a trailer all day every day
i'm not

>if you need an extended bed
i don't

>If you need an econo box with more utility than a hatchback or SUV, get a ridgeline
lol no. i would take literally any actual pickup over a ridgeline.

The 90's called

>compare the Ford ranger to F-150, or Silverado. They are look just as bad as the ridgeline in that comparison
what? the ranger does not have a sideways engine. the ranger is not unibody. the ranger has actual 4-wheel-drive. the ranger has low range

autotrader.com/car-reviews/2017-honda-ridgeline-vs-2017-chevrolet-colorado-which-is-better-256769
>While the Ridgeline's carlike construction hampers towing ability, it's a huge advantage when it comes to ride and handling. From behind the Honda's small-diameter wheel, you quickly forget that you're driving a pickup. The back end doesn't bounce, smack or shimmy over bumps, while the ride in general is far smoother and more composed than every other truck, not just the Colorado. The Ridgeline's steering and handling are also sharper and more confidence-inspiring.
A car is a more practical day to day commuter than a truck. End of story. Just like a truck is a more practical work vehicle than a car. If you use your truck as a commuter vehicle more than towing your 2tonne caravan then get the truck that drives like a car.

All of your complaints are pointless. they are things that don't matter.
>unibody
see above
>engine is sideways
point here being? it works.
>not true 4wd
if you don't tow, you don't need lots of torqes and hp, then why do you need true 4wd?
>no low-range
again if you don't tow then lots of low range power isn't needed. Unless you WAT launch at every stop like a cunt low range in the Ridgeline is perfectly acceptable for daily city scooting.

Give me a good reason any of that matters if you aren't:
>looking for a work truck to haul a trailer all day every day
>don't need an extended bed
>don't need an econo box with more utility than a hatchback or SUV

>Putting Nissan below shitsubishi
How FUCKIN dare you

>if you don't tow, you don't need lots of torqes and hp, then why do you need true 4wd?
what the fuck does towing and 4wd have to do with each other? and what the fuck does torque and 4wd have to do with each other? youre clearly a noob who has no idea what youre talking about.

The reason I need true 4wd is so I can reliably drive off-road. if you think your ridgeline is a reliable vehicle to go off-roading in you are mistaken.

>again if you don't tow then lots of low range power isn't needed. Unless you WAT launch at every stop like a cunt low range in the Ridgeline is perfectly acceptable for daily city scooting.
holy shit you dont even know what low range is! everyone get a load of this guy!

again, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

dude, i dont care about "hauling" so stop bringing it up. if you dont know why 4-wheel-drive and low-range are beneficial, than you clearly have no idea about off-roading.

4wd is vastly more reliable than awd, especially for off-roading

longitudinal engines are easier to service than transverse

unibody is more expensive to repair and cant handle as much abuse as body-on-frame

low range is vital to providing additional gear ratio for 4-wheeling up hills and over obstacles

But why buy a more expensive jap truck with less hauling power when you can buy an American truck with more? The new ridgline is 30k while the ford is 27k

Only Australia can make real pickups

I've got a 2004 L200 (called a Triton in Australia), and it's just as good as my friends 2002 Hilux Workmate. Interiors are extremely similar and they drive almost the same. The newer L200 isn't as good but older ones are great work vehicles at a lower price than a Hilux

How's that supposed to tow my 15k lb toy hauler up a muddy and snowy mouuntain?

They make a 4x4 one as well

i have a škoda fabia, and i like it very much.

Cheap raw performance was never really Japan's bread and butter.

Handling is a different story, I will give them that.

Stop being dumb, a turbo SR with a tune makes as much power as a cafish

That's a minivan with the rear half chopped off.

every fucking company on that list is fucking cheap chinese made shit.

in fact all new cars are fucking shit chinese made overpriced lamps of junk.
go and buy an old NG truck.

>Only Australia can make muscle cars with no boot lids

Google the Toyota War, nerd

At making boring shitboxes? I guess not.

>muhhh cant fit 72 virgins in my truckbed
fug off ahmed

The Ranger any good? I get the impression I would not be comfortable in the Tacoma at 6'4. I just barely squeeze into my Subaru Baja. Tiny and silly as it is it's amusing to load all sorts of crap on it to move around from time to time.

not anymore

Notice how the logos all look the same (just like their faces)

Why did Renault buy Nissan and Mitsubishi? Who buys that shit nowdays?

>got their ass handed to them in the war
>disallowed from proliferating their military
>decided to make cars instead

It's not really surprising that the Germans and Japs make the best cars by any measure.

Ironically the Ridgeline would satisfy the needs of 85% of private pickup drivers. Parking a three quarter ton in your paved, 30 ft long driveway is the vehicular equivalent of cutting your steak with a chainsaw. Overkill to an impractical extent.

What makes you think a Tacoma would be smaller than a Baja?

Greatness comes from hardship, not from comfort. That's why Japanese and German car makers steadily grew and American car makers steadily declined.

Doesn't that imply that the American manufacturers will rebound eventually.

good bait.

>Parking a three quarter ton in your paved
none of my complaints said anything about a 3/4 ton

>the Ridgeline would satisfy the needs of 85% of private pickup drivers
ironically actual trucks would satisfy the needs of 99% of ridgeline owners

Dunno that it'd be smaller, but it doesn't sound like it's much bigger. As I said, I only just barely fit in my car now.

Why the fuck havent they camoed this

Really only Toyota is good rest are shit now.

>all my complaints are the same things everyone is going to look for
For someone who lost it all that guy bringing up towing and hauling (arguably the biggest reason for a truck over an SUV) you sure can't move past the same arguments yourself.

youtu.be/CWYqEinNGUM

youtu.be/6IV6QUTclnA
Admittedly this one is rough, but a few mods and it would be better. You'd also keep a more comfortable car like handling for the road.

I really want to like the new Lexus LS but really it's just too fucking huge. Over 5,30m. looks retarded driving yourself, like why are not being driven in such a long car? Designwise it's fucking beautiful but just too long.

Retarded face

Don't live on a snowy mountain then you fucking retard

Toyota can make trucks that'll make the domestics look like unreliable junk heaps. Oh wait, they are already doing just that.

desu, Acura and Infinity are more american than japanese

Honda's design is for American and unpopular in Japan
Jap says honda cars look like a Gundam

>Hino
>Isuzu
>Fuso
>UD
>Daihatsu
>Mitsuoka
>Komatsu
>Hitachi
>Takeoka
>Kato

Neighbors Taco went from "frame not corroded enough to qualify for recall" to "UNSAFE DO NOT DRIVE DO NOT DRIVE" in 2 years. He replaced it with a Colorado. I'm sure he's not alone, and that trend will increase when Ranger returns. Toyota may have had their day, but that day is not today. Taco and Tundra a shit.

They make nice appliances for people who just want to get from A-B

At least Mazdas look nice