OFFICIAL FRIDAY NIGHT THREAD

Why are you sat at home alone on a friday night?

Why aren't you out at the meets with your bros or >gf?

What are your car related plans for the weekend?

cars > whores

post waifu

No friends and it's too cold to ride, so I'll just do nothing all weekend.

>pic related

Roar before the 24 this weekend in daytona, usually a great event

These threads are so dead compared to Friday threads on other boards. I'm convinced it's because Veeky Forums is mostly bots who just shill brands and shitpost about others.

You're probably right, since that's what 90% of the posts on this board are.

That, and a lot of posters simply left over the years. These threads went from having over 100 posts per Friday in 2014 to about 30 last June. TW@, who started these threads, got a job or something and Over9KPreludeGuy hasn't been on as much as he used to be.

>why are you sat at home alone on a friday night?
because scarface isn't gonna watch itself
>why arent you out at the meats with your bros or gf
LMAO implying a woman wants to date a chubby manlet. Also the car scene in middle Tennessee is the polar opposite of what I enjoy, it's mostly gayass lifted trucks and muscle cars, I'm a weeb ricer but the only guys I see driving imports around town probably don't even consider doing anything but highway pulls
>what are your car related plans for the weekend
Getting everything together that I want my mechanic to replace on my MK3 Supra (cuz I'm a lazy fuck and can't fix shit myself) and possibly going to Napa and buying a fuel line for my poor fucking Sentra SE-R that's rotting in my backyard.
cars > whores obviously

Ay boi, I'm in KY

Hopefully GM is losing to Ford

>Why are you sat at home alone on a friday night?
I probably should be somewhere else, because it's my birthday. But I'm here.
>Why aren't you out at the meets with your bros or >gf?
It's cold, see #1.
>What are your car related plans for the weekend?
Can't say I have any unfortunately. It's going to be negative-something degrees this weekend.
>cars > whores
Agreed.
>post waifu
Posting whatever I feel like, as per my usual.

No one seated me at home alone on a Friday night. I sat down myself.

What do you drive man?

My daily is a 2011 F150, stock as the day it was born

Pic related is my project

Fug that's a sweet Datsun, what still needs doing?

Mostly body work. I'm waiting on gaskets, headers and exhaust too. If I can find thermostat housing gaskets tomorrow I'll have it running for the first time after the swap

Honestly i think o is the most normie board

Nah, Veeky Forums is just slow

Hope is all ford can cling to

Delet

What did you swap into it?

I bought it after PO had swapped an L28 in it out of a 280z (mine is a 240z)

It was mostly complete when I picked it up, but it still needed a lot to be right. Still does lol

woah...in the flesh

Because I fucking hate my job.

Just got done installing a new heater.
It warms up the cab pretty fast.

Busy cleaning some innards on everyone's favorite Mememobile.

Will likely be wrestling with it some more this weekend exorcising some rust in the floor.

Can't pull phat hoes without a phat ride so I'm down on my luck this weekend (and into the foreseeable future), boys

Congrats, especially if you're living up north this time of year.

How nasty are the frame rails?

Check out Simtech online for some sweet resto pics on old Z carz

If this gives you any idea of how the rest might look lol

Someone in the cars history decided to patch the floor with fucking plywood and fiberglass so it trapped moisture and rusted it all to hell. I'll be putting new rails in soon. I already knocked out all that rust and welded in some steel.

>Because I'm an antisocial car guy who is incapable of normal human interaction with people that aren't strangely obsessed with cars

>Bros aren't around this weekend, no meets going on.
>Having a gf

>Absolutely

>I don't watch those strange Chinese cartoons

Holy mother of pearl lol. Bastards looking for a quick fix, I swear.

I just took the carpet up in my 90 gtr today and pic related is after poking with a screwdriver for a few minutes. I know I havework to do, but your pic makes me feel good about it! Thanks

The guy before me used foil tape and rubberized underbody to close some holes. Special place in hell for all PO's

That's a real shame. Yeah fuck POs. Forgive my shitty welds, but here is where I'm at now. I sprayed it to keep rust away over the winter before I finish it up. Idc how it looks because I'm covering it in dynamat and carpet

Wow, it looks great. Didn't even have to use spackling OR bubble gum, imagine that.

Mine will be OJT in the welding department. But it'll be promptly covered in deadening, never to be seen again (fingers crossed). Sounds like we're in the same boat, Nisbro

Thanks man, this is my first time welding so I definitely saw improvement from my first welds to my later ones

Man I wish I had documented the rust droppings from mine too haha. Both floor pan came out in two garbage bags worth of crud.

Yeah good luck man, document it all for nostalgia. My biggest regret is not taking more pics

>my side hurts
>food allergy
>wash maybe

Working OT tomorrow on my weekend off. Just ordered a custom milspec/raychem wiring harness, ordering a go auto catch can kit and a full blown dual hanger walbro. Time to start amassing parts for this summer build

Yeah it looks great. I'm about to pop my MIG cherry, practicing *not* blowing holes in things presently.

The rust is incredible! I've already filled a 5 gallon shop vac with crud. Great weight reduction

I've been snapping pics with a semi-decent camera. Thanks for the reminder man, I get so lazy with it sometimes (skipping steps, bad lighting, etc.). It's always so cool to see the progression in retrospect.

I have a new found respect for those guys getting paid off youtube work. Not only consistent content, but decent audio/video/editing.

I'm doing MIG too, but on a shitty loaned welder from a family member. It doesn't like to feed, so I'll likely end up getting a TIG set up soon. What helped me the most was just getting in there and welding. If it doesn't look great, grind that shit. It'll come quick for you I'm sure.

I'm lazy about it too. I only take pics with my phone because a high dollar camera is not as useful to me as a high dollar car part lol

Just moved across the country to small-town Florida and bought my first car the other day.

Gonna take it for a spin around the lake to burn gas so I can run ignition cleaner through it with premium, since the engine clunks a bit when I start it. Might also start chipping the cheap rear window tint off.

Many Veeky Forumstists are 25-40 and have lives / full-time jobs, also it's a dying hobby since cheap, exciting cars are rare af now. Cars require money.

Same here, I couldn't bring myself to buy a high-dollar DSLR, when I could buy some high-lift DOHCs lol

Duly noted. I'm apprehensive, but "just doing it" is how the full car turned into a shell! Ha.

I'm borrowing my brother's MIG setup, it's alright. Man, a (decent) TIG setup is kinda my dream right now. Just imagine those fish scale welds you could lay down, plus custom every/anything

Went off roading and took pictures, got pizza, got boba, issa good day

Just got my spacers this evening, finally going to be able to run proper pressure in my rear tires. Should make for a much softer ride.

No meets where I'm at, no nightlife either. I went to the local establishment for some food and drinks and there was a bunch of old timers with guitars jamming country tunes. No one under 50 the whole time I was there

That pic gave me nostalgia for tooling around old quarries as a kid in Wyoming on my 4-wheeler. Good times.

What are you driving that has 3 too many lugs?

How big are those spacers?

Dually squarebody, the spacers are 2" thick 8x6.5".

Solid steel, about 15lbs each

Cause I'm a loner.

Just finished replacing bearing, goes back in this Saturday.

>Why are you sat at home alone on a friday night?
I just drove 10 hours, most of which was through Georgia. Fuck Georgia.

>Why aren't you out at the meets with your bros or >gf?
Literally just got back, it's to late for meats and I'm to tired to find the races.

>What are your car related plans for the weekend?
Find a car wash to get the nasty stink of Georgia off of my car.

OP is a fucking faggot for not posting a waifu.

Happy birthday, dumdum

>I probably should be somewhere else, because it's my birthday. But I'm here.
But I was here for mine and no one cared

But did you care?

Why were you here? Why didn't you remind some people?

You need to be the change that you want to see in your own life.

You should relocate your PTU

Where at in Wyoming? Torrington/Wheatland here.

It is now Saturday night here in Australia. The weather was 40 degrees (celsius) and sunny, the perfect weather to go to the beach and a couple of friends and I had planned to do just that. Then one of them flaked and the rest didn't want to go anymore so I spent the day at home. My main group of friends spend all of their time played video games at home instead of going out, so there was no use asking them.

I really wish I had different friends, friends that I could enjoy driving around with, friends that would be down to go anywhere and do anything at any given moment.

Don't we all

Shit dude I'm in Aus. NSW, rural newcastle, hmu

Grew up in Saratoga, Carbon County. It's a bit south of Rawlins, which you've probably had to drive through a couple times.

2nd shift

No meets in ohio its like -5 out right now none of us have gfs i dont really have car friwnds either we talk at meets but never hangout and work on projects together

Finish welding in floor pans in my 300zx (apparently this thread is the rusted floor nissan edition) hopefully get interior painted while its apart and put the seats back in it
Finish moms wheel bearings control arms ball joint job on her element
Maybe get to the exhaust gasket on my cavalier

Whores wouldnt bother with a guy like me so cars

I'd bother with you, senpai.