Why is car cleaning so enjoyable?

Why is car cleaning so enjoyable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xF45cbzHJbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because you have OCD
I do it because I like that new look

only in warm weather not in 12 degree weather

I must be missing out. I'm getting a 90s shitbox soon; I want to clean it to hell and back.
Any tools or products I should use / tips I should follow?

watch all ammonyc videos

it's less enjoyable when
>you have owned your cars for over 3 years
>you hand wash every single panel
>temp is hovering just above freezing
>wheels

Magic eraser, 409 cleaner/superclean(id choose 409 because it's a disinfect and deodorizer), multi purpose microfiber towels, detail and scrub brushes and ozium. This is what you need need to get an interior as clean as possible
youtu.be/xF45cbzHJbM

>ammonyc
uhh jeez that's a lot of videos

This, basically.

ok not all of them but the ones that have eto do with taking care of your car if you truly are dedicated to bringing it back up to spec and have that type of money to spend then yeah. That or pay someone to properly detail that shit.

but if im being completely honest. Its a shitbox, fuck that its a car. its meant to be driven. a decent car wash every 2 or 3 weeks is enough

What electric buffer do you guys recommend? (Not sure if that is what it is actually called; feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

true, but this particular shitbox is on the edge of being in really nice shape. Don't want it to get any worse - it'll be my first car

I enjoy cleaning my rides...music, beer and mindless puttering. And of course a great looking car.

My favorite product is mothers pure carnuba wax. I have never found a deeper, richer shine.

409? What are you using that on? That's some harsh shit to be using on automotive materials.

It isn’t fun when there’s snow. I don’t plan on washing until it slightly warms up.

>first car

lol. Dude stats say youll end up crashing it or at least fucking it up a bit. take care of it all you want but don't be mad if you end up totaling it or ruining it in some way.

youll own way better cars in the distant future.

automotive materials are the exact same shit you find in your house. Stop believing the lie that car interiors are fragile, even leather since its just coated with plastic anyways. If it was actually harmful, then professional detailers wouldnt use them. You shouldnt use them every time your interior is lightly dusty or dirty, but dedicated interior cleaner is way too weak to get anything done

There's nothing like pouring a couple hours of calm breezey evening into washing, polishing, and waxing your car to step back and gaze upon your beautiful shiny work while the crimson sun slips below cottonballs floating above the horizon.

you are the same guy that has a fucked up paint job, but doesn't know why.

Fucking this, washed mine today because it was filthy after being out for two hours in the dirty snow, water was freezing to it before I could wipe it clean.

Yes, good goy. Now go and buy 200 different cleaners that basically do the same thing

409 is caustic!! You can't use it on glass, dishes, utensils, plastic, vinyl, etc...dude you don't know anything about chemicals do you?

Don't even bother washing until temps are above freezing my man. I know it hurts to look at it but rust is greatly inhibited below freezing and there's really nothing you can do to properly clean your car.

repetitive, soothing motions with a clear sequence of positive progression (places you wipe get clean and wipe them more and they become shiny and eventually you can polish them too whoa)

LITERALLY the same reason video games are fun

>wheels
Fuck them. They get a spray and a wipedown. Fuck trying to ram a brush into those cunts to get all the dirt out.

Find one with all the paint still on the car. If the paint is there you can usually make it look good. If the clear coat is flaking off or has turned white, don't touch it unless you want to respray.

Also learn the difference between a dent that will have to be filled and painted and a dent that a PDR guy can fix.

fun trick, try bleach and ammonia together for a super disinfecting clean on your cloth seats and carpet. 2 of "200 different clears that basically do the same thing"

Porter-Cable 7424XP dual action buffer is a good one to start with. Don't get a rotary.

it has most of the paint; just a couple spots like this

dunno what to do about them

Let me know how using a green scotch brite pad to clean your car works out.

maximum comfy

Rust is a completely different story, there's no way to fix or patch rust like that with just detailing. Fixing rusted quarter panels properly involves either cutting out around the rust and making a sheet metal patch for it, or just completely replacing the quarter panel with a non-rusted one and then repainting it.

There are ghetto ways of fixing it with body filler but that pretty much never works out well long term, and still requires repainting.

DIY paint work can *sometimes* look okay and even that is fairly difficult to do.

Long story short, don't buy that car and expect to be able to repair the rust yourself, at least not without a hefty investment in time and tools, and paying someone to fix it properly will likely cost more than the car is worth.

It's not THAT hard to make a decent paint job as a DIY faggot.

It is fucking time consuming and expensive though
It's an art. Respect that fact, have reasonable expectations, try your best, take your time.

finding a same color panel would just be a simple swap though, right

there are a lot of these cars in junkyards near me

although it seems that replacing the rear quarter in old accords requires serious effort. Front's are easy

Depends how anal you are about the colour. A panel refinished 5 years ago will look different to the same colour from the factory. Perhaps not at first glance, but different.

I suppose my best bet then is to monitor its growth, but otherwise leave it alone?

gonna definitely get it up on lifts to check for other structural rust tho. it IS a 90s honda

>finding a same color panel would just be a simple swap though
Unfortunately not, rear quarterpanels on most Hondas are semi-structural and spot welded to the unibody. To completely replace it you have to remove all of the seam sealer, drill out all of the spot welds, do the same with a donor panel, weld the new panel on, reseal the whole thing, then repaint the panel.

>It's not THAT hard to make a decent paint job as a DIY faggot.
True, most people either aren't willing to put in the time or money to make it look good though.

>True, most people either aren't willing to put in the time or money to make it look good though.
Much less follow the instructions on a can and follow them sufficiently.

I can highly recommend pic related as a nice finish to an interior detail. Circulates through all the vents and makes it comfy af for a long time. Smell is quite neutral.

People who detail their cars are truly autistic OCD sufferers.

>man, fuck washing rims
>might get it done with a broom right?

WHO THE FUCK puts nails between the broom bristles

>12 degrees
>snow
Land if the unlimited possibilities

>an all purpose cleaner can't be used on things it was designed for
>think it's the same thing as bleach or ammonia

This is how the detailing industry has brainwashed the masses

Detailer here. Honestly i think its just instant gratification. I typically spend around 4-6 hours on the OUTSIDE of my car, but when im done i just cum everywhere

because youre a certified retard who likes to attempt to oppose entropy just for memes sake but dont worry your time here is limited and you will soon die and your car will too and none of this will have mattered

Farenheit

I feel like it is. Until the last 10-15% of it. Then it kicks in I’ve been crouching and my knee hurts, and I’m now rushing for no reason.

OCD. Seriously. It's OCD. I know because I legitimately suffer from it.

I have a full bay dedicated to detailing- LED lighting, Flex 3401, about $1200 in detailing product, etc.

I polish to an absolute mirror finish, then go apeshit when the neighbor's fucking cat decides to hop on my hood. Fuck that thing. I'm going to get a cage trap, trap the fucker, and toss the whole fucking cage, cat and all, right into my goddamn pond. FUCK THAT FUCKING CAT. FUCK!

not when it's 90f outside

Holy shit I'm sorry user I would also be extremely angry.

buy a old .22. $90.
buy some subsonic rounds. $5

there, problem solved

What kind of shithole do you live in that everyone crashes their first car?