/foxg/ - Foxhole General

Previous thread 404'd edition

>What is Foxhole?
A top-down MMO shooter set in an alternate WWI-WWII era universe with a persistent world and RTS elements where you play as a single soldier
Your role and the way you contribute to your team is all up to you and there is a lot to choose from
You can pick up guns, rpg, mortar, grenades, HMG, etc. and choose to fight directly on the front lines
Pick up a medkit and become a medic, loot a gas mask from your dead teammate while the enemy throws gas grenades at you
Grab some materials and start building defences, bunkers, sandbags, foxholes, walls, ...
Get a tank, artillery, field gun to blow your enemies to smithereens
Get a comfy truck and become a trucker, transporting supplies and troops, resupplying outposts and accidently driving over your friends.
Mine resources for the war effort because shit doesn't grow on trees
Craft weapons, ammo, tools, vehicles, etc to keep your buddies supplied
Buddy up with a squad and go on epic steamy meme adventures

>How is it MMO
120 player servers for now.

>How do I rank up
foxholegame.wikia.com/wiki/Commend

>Wiki
foxhole.gamepedia.com/Foxhole_Wiki Patch 0.1 Release Notes
foxholegame.com/single-post/2017/07/27/Foxhole-01-Release-Notes-Early-Access

>/foxg/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/S5idRhP9

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

foxholegame.com/faq
foxhole.gamepedia.com/Lore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In case someone asks again:

>Does the game take place in WW1 or WW2?
Neither. While the game is inspired by early 20th century weapons and tactics, the game actually takes place in an alternate timeline futures. We'll have more to say about the setting in the future. To be clear, our goal is not to make a WW1/WW2 simulator, but rather to make the player feel like they are fighting a war where the combat and strategies are grounded in the world wars.

>Who are the Wardens and Colonials? Do they represent the Allies or Axis from WW2?
The Wardens and Colonials are fictional factions from the alternate timeline universe that Foxhole takes place in. They are not representative of any nation/group from real history and neither faction serves as the "good guys" or "bad guys" in the world.

foxholegame.com/faq
foxhole.gamepedia.com/Lore

>ded general
But we were going so strong yesterday ;_;7

Why dont the tanks have machineguns. it gives me autism and they bassicly serve as emplacement removal unit because firing at infantry is just too expensive

My only answer is >alpha and there will be more tanks and other vehicles in the future.
The tanks that are in the game right now released just very recently and are only 'light tanks'

You can kinda solve this problem by bringing a halftrack along

I play the game alot and while its quite good there are alot of things that give me autism.
The infantry machinegun being a 50.cal is just plain retarded it takes 2-3 guys to drag it arround not to mention the ammo weights alot.
The infantry machinegun should be a standart 7.62mg like the vickers or 30.cal or really any other machinegun.

The halftrack is autismo. What kind of halftrack only has seats for 3 people and has a sole purpose of being a fire support vehicle? It should be extended to have atleast 4 passenger seats and function as an actual APC instead of a fire support vehicle.

Something like the sdfkz 222 should be added which would use the 14.5 field mg as its main weapon to replace the halftrack.

The """light tanks""" have no machineguns and thus are useless vs infantry because firing at infantry is simply too expensive with single shell costing 6 or something sulphur and 8 bmats and since the splash is almost non existant you will barely ever kill more than 1 per shot.
With the fact that they can take like 5 or more rpg hits to the face and are not fast they feel more like heavy tanks than light.

>The infantry machinegun takes 2-3 guys to drag it arround not to mention the ammo weights alot.
What? You carry it by yourself and you can carry over 17 boxes of ammo without being overencumbered.
See: >

Make sure you have allied infantry moving forward with the tank

yes thats why its bullshit. No single infantry man should be able to drag around a 50.cal and 800 bullets for it. a 50.cal with a tripod is like 50 kilos and a single bullet is like 50 grams not to mention they come in a box which isnt weightless.
thats why the game needs an actual infantry machinegun that is 7.62 and can be dragged around by 1 guy

im not asking for advice i know how to play.
Im complaining about the lack of a machinegun on a tank. The only tank i know without a machinegun is the ft17 even though some of them had machineguns. and dont point me at machinegun-less tank destroyers theyre not tanks.
Tank versatility is extremely hampered by the lack of a mg and its just sad.

Turn down your 'Tism Turbines.

If you're looking for a realistic WWII simulator, this is not the game for you

I want my tanks to be effective at engaging infantry like theyre supposed to be goddamn it. And without a machinegun theyre not.
Im not looking for a "ww2 simulator" however im looking for a realistic-ish game.
While a top down shooter is not exactly realistic this game captures the weapons perfectly. A heavy machinegun feels like a heavy machinegun a bolt action feels like a bolt action and trowing a grenade at someone feels like youre trowing a grenade at someone.

I dont want it to be like ww2 like ww1 or like yourmomwar.
I want it to have weapons that make sense and behave according to their role and the damned rules of physics. besides the 50.cal being dragged around by infantry and machinegun-less tank and passenger-less halftrack it feels pretty damn realisitc

Oh a foxhole general
Nice

Fuck off autisme. It's a teamwork game, of course they'll try to push combined arms hard. If you don't like it then just get a couple friends to guard your thanks with machineguns. Too bad you don't have friends though.

Why is the playerbase so bad? The rifle is so deadly once you've closed to mid range, but cunts take a single hit from a pistol and try to run away for some reason.

>>>PUSH COMBINED ARMS
nigga you the autism
hurr everything requires sulphur. Ok so sonny you want to push that big town and you want to use combined arms? Great! oh whats that you want to have a tank AND artillery? please wait 2 hours until you have sufficient sulphur to to make shells for both. oh you want infantry do be able to have goodies too? well ok son 2 hours more waiting until you can make mortar shells too.

Give the tank a hull mg that can fire like 45 degrees arch front or something and is operated by the driver. that still leaves the tank requiring infantry support as the mg covers only the front and if youre shooting at a tank from the front with a rpg youre braindead anyways.

The over-reliance of sulphur is exactly what discourages combined arms because you simply dont have it enough to equip your branches properly and most of the time you will just end up with a single sulphur consuming part of the combined arms eg. mortars artillery or tanks
and then infantry which is poorly equipped meaning to rpgs and no mortars.

>go to twitch to get a feel of the game before putting down 18 falafels
>every streamer is non stop building and gathering like an autismo

Three colonial tanks were going to violate our bungholes because we just had a tank and no grenades. Our single tank managed to put two of their tanks in flames, they were operational but couldn't move. Our infantry rektally devastated theirs and found a HE grenade in an enemy backpack and took out the last standing tank. I think their third tank bailed.

My role in that scenario: reviving people and giving colonials the buckshot treatment

It is fun.

>play logistics
>"what do you need?"
>"we need HMGs, HMG ammo, rifle ammo, carbines, SMG ammo and shotguns"

I'm going to start limiting outposts to 2 weapon choices maximum. You're wasting time and resources if you want to make sure every cunt in your squad has their favourite weapon.

You forgot I also mentioned SS

Just do some HMG+ammo then spam them with rifles+ammo.

>turn up
>deposit ammo and 20 SS
>"[LOCAL] [PUG] Cartographer: ... That all?"
>continues to bitch in teamchat about not having enough SS

>tfw deliver 140 SS to outpost with 0 SS left
>no commendations
>blue balls

>144 players are ahead of you
Ummm sweetie?

If an outpost doesn't have easy access to rifles, carbines, smgs, hmgs and grenades (each type) they are gonna have a really hard time competing because chances are that enemy logistics people aren't as autistic as you are and supply their team properly so they can adjust to different situations.

Tell me what server and faction so I can play on the opposite side

Carbine users detected.

You say that like it isn't the most sensible weapon to use in almost any situation.

If you are able to aim, why would you not use the rifle?

Real question is if you are able to aim, why would you not use a carbine?

Better rate of fire, almost as accurate, hits really hard.

Because I like to guarantee my kills happen fast so that I can move on to the next target. Two shots to drop is really fucking powerful, and you'll often inflict a bleed in case they get away, or are able to drop you. Carbine you have to be rubbing up against them for that level of damage, at which point you are probably about to get sprayed down by an SMGfag.

>Crafting shit takes 7min
This should be removed

Carbine will kill in 2-3 hits as well.

>hey guys we need bodies at the front
>[silence]
>can we get some guns at this outpost?
>[silence]
>drive to home base
>30 people just wandering around
fucking mute retards shit up another game

>2
>2-3
Therein is the fucking problem. Carbines only drop in 2 at close range. If you're going for close range, bring a shotgun. If I go up against a carbiner, he will be dead if he tries to close the distance, and he will be dead if he tries to engage me at my preferred range. Since it also costs more in terms of resources, and complicates supply chains, why bother with them?

the idea behind this game seems pretty neat but i can be kinda a retard when it comes to picking up the basics of new game, is it difficult to pick up?

No

>weapon X is bad
>look at this gun that was intended for this specific situation it's so much better

hurrr

Can you use your mouse to hold click to gather resources, put them in a truck, then use wasd to drive truck to a refining facility where you refine them in one click, then repeat?
Can you shoot people in a top down shooter?
Yes this game is easy to get in to you just need to look up what to do.

Is there a specific server you guys are on?

I'm on Dog1 as a wardens

alright fuck it i'll give it a go. it's nice to see there's a general for it

Is the campaign one megaserver?

>it's a "retard left his locked truck in a front of a gate" episode

Kill me

so you can play both sides yeah?
i can be an edgelord wehrmacht?

Please don't be an edgelord Wehrmacht asshole. But yes, you can play both sides depending on server.

fuck off wehraboo

>look at this weapon that is only better than this other weapon in about 4% of instances, and worse in the remaining 96%
>what do you mean it's bad?
>what do you mean it's not worth the effort for you to supply me with my special gun, you should spend minutes of your time catering to me personally

Tell you what cunt, if you can convince everyone else at your outpost that carbines are good, I'll deliver carbines, and then you can see how outclassed you will be on the field.

alright, well i wont be an edgy cunt then.

Thanks user. Even in games where there is the Wehrmacht, it can still be annoying as Hell. It's alright if you want to roleplay in Foxhole, but don't go screaming about the Ostfront and how you're killing Commies. Say that these damn Colonials need to get off your land.

Fucking hell still in Queue. Is it bugged or is it really this long wait for campaign?

So I just played my first round and got gunned down half a dozen times without even seeing an enemy. Is there some way to spot enemies from afar or did I just run into covering fire?

How can I be the most helpful as a new player? I know the basics but i just get fucked at the front line

Rotate your view so that you are looking diagonally. It allows you to look farther. It's pretty stupid, apparently devs are aware of it, though.

please respond

eh you're better off in the server browser
also post more pics of tanks

Running supplies is fun.

how comfy has this general been so far?

Yeah it doesn't seem to work my dude, use the server browser instead.
If it should tell you what your place is in the queue, then it's working.

Able2 Wardens need some supreme autists to get the logistics going pls

>post more pics of tanks

>How can I be the most helpful as a new player?
see what your quartermaster needs done
find abandoned trucks and return them to your home base
build up fortifications near the front lines
grab med supplies and help wounded teammates
scout out enemy positions and report them

take your pick

I just joined Able2. But not as a filthy Warden.

>Able2 Wardens need some supreme autists to get the logistics going pls
Do you have any frontline leaders?
Do you have truck drivers?
If so I'll come do logistics

>Join EU server
>Tyrkish and russians everywhere
God damn it

Yeah Warden was pushing colonialist shit in till yesterday and now we're getting fucked hard

Alright. Im joining Able2 and am in que. Where we meeting at?

If Colonials, go to the Boot

And if warden?

>join server
>everyone is retarded and steals eachother's resources
>join another server
>it's a one sided steamroll
>join another server
>nobody is doing logistics
I just want to play with normal people. Is there a Veeky Forums server?

>I just want to play with normal people. Is there a Veeky Forums server?
>normal people
>Veeky Forums server

At least they're competent and sometimes communicate

This. They need to put locks on a timer

Need dudes at boot as well, that's where the main battle is

Join the game's offical Discord and look for a squad.

We really should get a Veeky Forums discord or outfit going, tho desu baka tgi fridays

Why isnt there a Veeky Forums squad?

We should make one then I would but I'm not home. Whoever made the op probably should make it unless somebody else is willing.

Im a follower, not a leader

Anybody here found a good server? All that I've found are either one sided or filled with tards, with only a few where there's good traction going.

RECEP TAYYIP ERDOGAN ACKBAR

Wait, there are specific locations to these servers?

does this general group up? I'm willing to shell out some money from some fun times with you guys

Able2 has most comfy map

Still kind of in the process of discovering where to fit.

>70% mute fucks
>20% autists that think pol and meme spouting is normal human behavior
>10% ragers that will dox you

GEE I WONDER WHY THERE IS NO SQUAD? WHY IS VG BAD WITH THESE GAMES?????

I'd have Veeky Forums mute fucks over pubbies any day of the week

>tfw mute fuck

So Veeky Forums squad fucking when?

I'll join

Well then if anyone wants to operate, join Able2, join Warden and go to the Boneyard, we'll meet up there

>You are in queue
Be there ASAP

2 of us at Boneyard (Wardens) on Able2, join up!

We got ambushed by a dirty colonial, but we'll return

Q: How deep is the foxhole
A: Real deep

You still at boneyard?