What do you think about the GMC Yukon?

What do you think about the GMC Yukon?

Is it a more sensible buy than a Cadillac Escalade. I hate the Escalade for being too gaudy and on the face. The GMC seems very neutral in design to me.

Yes, that is the point of the vehicle, to appeal to people who like the escalade but don't want to pay extra for the badge whoring.

escalade has that solid tech dash though can't complain

I'm sorry but the interior of the Escalade looks absolute garbage when compared to the one Yukon has. It does have a very similar layout as the Tahoe but it doesn't have that badly-complained touch capacitive button selection for everything.

I would unironically buy a navigator

I have both the yukon 17 and the suburban 16
The suburban/tahoe is a better deal
And in my opinion looks better I don't like the gmc grille
They have the same exact interior except for a heated steering wheel cooled seats and a few more sensors
Which imo isn't worth the extra cash

If its between a Yukon Denali and a Escalade, sure a Denali would be the better choice but a Escalade is better purchase over a standard Yukon. That AWD and beefer engine is too good to pass up.

>The GMC seems very neutral in design to me.
No, just no. Just look at the twenty square feet of gaping chrome grille. The only one of the three rebadges that doesn't look completely ridiculous is the Tahoe, and it's got practically the same interior as the Yukon.

More sensible is really relative here. A Yukon is still just a slightly fancier Chevy and the Chevy version is the only "sensible" choice. You would still have to be a retard to buy any off these monstrosities though.

Whatever you get, just make sure that it's got the 6.2.

If he can afford it they are awesome vehicles. Rented a LTZ Tahoe a few years back for some running around in the badlands with my wife's family tucked in during the winter.
Most tame and comfy vehicle I've ever driven with two little kids and 4 adults with luggage packed in. Would buy one in a heartbeat if my needs ever changed to something with that capability.

I don't like AWD, I like to choose when I'm in 4wd, so the Denali is a no for me. But I really like the non-Denali Yukon.

Rides like shit, a ram pickup does better.

Denali and Escalade are gaudy as shit. Mexicans, nigs and upper middle class moms from trashy background desperate to prove they MADE IT love these.

The patrician choice is a fully kitted Tahoe LTZ or Yukon SLT with modest 20" wheels.

Imagine being so desperate to show off to your shitty Pulte Homes subdivision middle class striver neighbors that you overextend yourself to get the tacky as shit package added on your yukon/tahoe so you can differentiate yourself from neighbors with their basic base models. it's all so sad

>Not wanting that AWD and 6.2l

if you have a boat or like snowmobiles to haul, ok, maybe. but how many people need that engine? prob

>but how many people need that engine

We didn't become what we are as a species by settling for what we need soyboi.

Unlike scientific discoveries and technological breakthroughs, gaudy shitbarge SUVs are definitely not advancing us as a species.

I like the less flashy look of the Tahoe and Burban. The RST is nice if you got money to blow. That thing would be a beast with a supercharger or turbo kit.

It's a piece of shit SUV that's subpar in every category.

You forgot "cuck"

UK guy here.

I know GM owns all of Chevy, GMC and Cadillac and that chevy is the cheap cars (generally) and Cadillac is the luxury brand.

What the fuck is GMC about though?

slightly better materials than chevy. chevy is bland & pedestrian, gmc is upscale & rugged, caddy is plush & tacky

GMC was invented so they could sell trucks at Buick dealerships. It is supposedly more premium than Chevy but in reality they are usually exactly the same.

True. My 2010 silverado LTZ is actually better than my buddy's identical 2012 sierra due to the fact I have the 6.2L and no active fuel management.

>I hate the Escalade for being too gaudy and on the face.
Posts a SUV the size of a small building with a a painful to look at chrome grill

What OP mostly meant was the Escalade is too flashy. Personally I too think the Escalade is a bit too much on the face. GMC, while being a bit more flashier than the Tahoe, it still has a calm okay face.

GMC was originally the heavier duty pickup line but those merged several decades ago. Now it's just a badge.

Go the lowkey route and get a suburban.

>several decades ago.
It was nearly 100 years ago.

Actually GMC still built distinct medium duty truck with distinct engines (V6 and V12 two stroke diesels) until the 60s or 70s when GM turned all their brands into rebadges.