Shitbox thread

You have 1000 USD/EUR
Go to auto trading site and get a car you would have to drive for a couple of years
Post pic of the car

Other urls found in this thread:

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=181321784&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=19300&makeModelVariant1.modelId=11&maxPrice=1000&pageNumber=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=255179558
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=254882351
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18465212/#18465904
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=255583683
ames.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-olds-cutlass-brougham/6438022040.html
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-oldsmobile-98/6443699194.html
siouxfalls.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-ford-taurus/6423295577.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

got this for 1300

This is actually bretty gud

Thousand bucks Saab with 314k km, what could possibly go wrong? I also found some Volvo wagons, lots of second gen Ford Mondeo Turniers and some Mercedes and BMW wagons that just looked too shady.

>tfw shitloads of bmws
>tfw no old jap shitboxes to trash around

Perfect shitbox.

close enough to $1000 USD value

FALCON ON GAS
A
L
C
O
N
O
N
G
A
S

England is truly hell

Jokes on you I already know this is bullet proof

There's a 190 near me with a unfinished 3.2 swap for 1k€. Shiieeet I want it

what the fuck is Simon's shitty hatch doing in Oregon ??

bus wankers

You could buy two of these european commonwhores

10 3series bimmers
At least one is bound to work

Always wanted to try a Peugeot so I'd get a 306 Break XS. 97 kW and they seem to be pretty decent cars.
990 € with 160 000 km.

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=181321784&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=19300&makeModelVariant1.modelId=11&maxPrice=1000&pageNumber=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING

If I had to buy a car, for 1000 euros, and be forced to live with it for a few years, then it would be an Skoda Octavia with the 1.6 litre, 102 bhp petrol. Cheap to buy, cheap to run and fucking sturdy. Fucking boring and short on equipment aswell tho.

On this car tho I would sell the rims immediatelly and put steelies on it. It's a 1000 euro car, it doesn't deserve alloy. So the car would cost less than 1000.

And no, I am not cherry-picking, most of the Mk1 Octavias cost about 1300-1500 euros.

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=255179558

I think my shitbox was a steal at the price.
Cost me $100 and one case of beer.

for 700

Only 140000kms on it, I've been kinda tempted to go check it out actually for the 899 its listed at.

Ford Ka 1999
Toyota Celica 1994
Nissan Wingroad Js Touring 1997
Mercedes-Benz 230 E 1998
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 1989
Mercedes-Benz A 160 2000
BMW 320i 1988
BMW 540i 1998
BMW 318ti 1998
BMW 728i 1997
Mitsubishi Mirage 1997
mitsubishi verada XI 2002
Mitsubishi FTO 1995
Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 1996
Subaru Impreza 1996
Subaru Impreza 1997
Subaru Impreza 1998
Subaru Impreza 1999

lots to choose from
I would keep them for so long as they run while repairs cost less than the purchase price of the car

best I like the
Legnum VR4 and verada XI
all the bmw and (repairs lmao)
the old Mercedes for max comfy
and the Toyota and impreza look the best bet tho

>$100 shitbox
Nice. This was mine, drove it for three years including two trips on the Al-Can.

1000€ Mercedes-Benz E-class 2.6l gasoline engine with automatic transmission and 348K kms driven.

Found something in my hometown for 500€.

about 1200€ 1 owner, 50k kilos on the odo, total base model, it lacks even power steering

forgot pic

Are we talking about the BEST car I can get for $1k or just any car $1k that I can keep running for a couple years?
Cause if it's the latter the world is my rusty oyster.

>auto
>gas

MOTHER
FUCKIN
PURPLE
PROBE
GT

Sadly it's auto, but it looks mint.

>999 eurobucks
>top comfy
>A E S T H E T I C

would this be good for a first car? my driving instructor told me that rwds are good for beginners and i'm the type of guy who isn't particularly good behind the wheel. bmw's are the cheapest rwd's i know and i've heard a lot of stories about them. as long as spare parts aren't that expensive i don't care about reputation, though.

The answer is always "Grandma's old boat"

yup, just don't try to drift

i would probably prefer cruising over drifting/racing. also, e36 ricers kinda disgust me whenever i see them on streets. i wouldn't want to be like them.

Im interested in one as my 2nd car. But unless you can miss money its hit or miss with bmw, mercedes and other luxury vehicles.
Parts are still expensive and if you buy a neglected car you might have to pay alot for repairs and replacements, and they are still pricey even though its an old car.
Id recommend a cheap hatchback shitbox if in europe or a comfy ole' reliable cruiser if in US

hmm, i guess my best bet would be golf 3, then. too bad salt eats them up like crazy and golf 2 is becoming obscure. i guess my first car will be german, either way.

If you're worried about rust, get a Peugeot 306, old Audi 80, or Golf 4.

woah, there are actually so many cool sheiitboxes i found, let me list a few:

Rover 75 with 350k for 1k
Nissan Micra with 1.9 million km's for 1k
Benz with 669k for 750

and a whole bunch of vw golfs, polos, french cars, bmws, mercedes' and volvos

I wonder if its worth to buy a super comfy mercedes/volvo/bmw for 1000 eurodollars with a metric fuckton of miles on it just to cruise around until it ever breaks

Which site are you using, Dutchbro?

not him but always use Gaspedaal.

Cost me 1000 and will regularly blow the doors off of 3K Civics without having the FnF tax.

Let's not talk about how much I've spent on it in neglected maintenance and repair.

Yeah, that's where I usually look. Autoscout is like my backup plan, mainly to compare prices.

My nigga.

>it's not purple it's Boysenberry Blue

My old 94 PGT on nitrous, rip in the big Mazda garage in the sky, many keks and butthurt vee-aytes were had with you

I don't live in the Netherlands anymore, but I always look at the prices back home and feel so bad, old shitboxes are much cheaper.

Marktplaats is also a good backup really, usually you'll find prices from less savvy people, but it's also where you'll find the most jap riceboxes.

I put it this way
FWD is easer to drive slow than RWD
RWD in more intuitive to drive quickly than FWD

for either just be gentle with the throttle and wait for the car to respond to your inputs
and remember that if more weight front wheels (such as during braking or rapid deceleration) you will require less steering lock
also that at high constant speed less steering lock is needed

FWD is slow to respond to driver inputs
this is one of the things that makes it easier to drive
the downside is that it will really react badly to sudden inputs
and that the front tires always need to be kept happy to handle such a high work load

other thing is that unlike RWD where the front wheels are set for toe in that is cancelled out by the pushing force of the driven wheels
FWD is set toe out so that driven wheels pull the wheels into alinement's
this is one of the big difference that the steering is effected more directly in a fwd car
any asymmetry in the front tie rods or controls arms is more apparent

>and i've heard a lot of stories about them
the automatic gearbox in my first had a harsh up shift from second to third
and the battery would go flat from some weird current drain while it was parked
I got around this by pulling the terminal off when I was not using the car

also spun it out once lol
got a bit over zellious
lucky no damage and none about to see my fail

Three for sale on autotrader under £1000

>Boysenberry Blue
Fuuuck, I want more things in life to be this color.

I always wanted a truck with a canopy to do some light camping with my main bitch and smoke fat doinks in amish

90,000 yen(a bit less than $900)
With taxes and fees and shit it goes a little higher but still just slightly over the limit.

134,000km
Shaken is good for another year
Proper 5 speed manual

If only I had a place to park it

Shitboxes are loved by Veeky Forums. We like to say they have character. We beat them to hell, and they somehow still go another 50k miles. When brand new with 4 miles on the odometer, we smugly donned these vehicles "econoboxes". But they matured, such as a fine wine does. They surived to 300k miles with minimal repairs. Just like a soldier earns the Purple Heart, our "econoboxes" earned their reputation as the "shitbox". There are a few cars that will always be known as great little shitboxes: the Toyota Corolla, our beloved Twingo, and America's frontrunner, The Geo Metro.

The Geo Metro was conceived much the same way I was: during a 4am cocaine fueled grope session in the back seat of an AMC Gremlin.

The year was 1987. A few Detroit executives who were down on their luck decided that we need a car designed for real human beans. A car that would love its 8th owner more than its original buyer. A car that had seen 3 oil changes its first 100k miles, but now is pampered by synthetic blend every 2,999 miles. Sunroof? Fuck that! 4 cylinders? Nope! We want 4 wheels, 3 cylinders, 2 doors, and one goddamn good car.

Thus the 1989 Geo Metro was born. It reigned supreme for decades, much like a dictator in Asia. Jay Leno owns 7 Geo Metros in case you forgot. The Geo Metro is the only car to win at Monza, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, and Talladega. Ford and Chrysler appealed to the US government in 1990, saying that production of the Geo Metro created an unfair advantage for GM. Unfortunately for Ford and Chrysler, 98% of the members of Congress drove Geo Metros and loved them to death. The Geo Metro placed 4th in the 1992 Presidential election behind Ross Perot.

Some say the Chevrolet Aveo was the successor to the Geo Metro, but I refuse to believe. Nothing can ever succed over the Geo Metro when it comes to its main purpose: being a spectacular shitbox.

I still need this kind of pasta for the Twingo.

There were some actually good other offers of other cars, but this one is for the sake of the Twingo meme.
Of over 30 Twingos with new TÜV out of my area I chose this one because of the happy opener picture.

>999€
>171k km
>58 hp
>manual
>from 98

>TÜV until December 2019 so i can "drive it a few years"
>clean seats, Cloth still in ok condition
>oil change+filter done
>handbrake and brakes new, exhaust new
>new foot carpets
>inspection done
>all seasons new

if anyone wants to buy it, here's the link.
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=254882351

600 bongs for this

I found an even better one:
>1000 eurobucks
>196k km
>year 2000
>manual
>58hp 8v engine
>Initiale, leather shows no cracks
>A/C
>dat glass sunroof
>dem alloys

I think I actually seen this one posted in another thread.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18465212/#18465904

That being said, I'm disappointed that there aren't any super destitute cars in the US that let me larp as a Yuropoor.

ye, I didn't really look for "the best" I just chose it because I liked the picture of it with all the open parts. Reminded me of a dog wiggling its tail somehow.

also found this beauty right here. Dude said that renewing the TÜV is part of the price you buy it for, so you will have full two years of TÜV when you buy this nice vehicle.
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=255583683

This might be the best one I've found so far:
>998 eurobucks
>75hp 16V engine
>manual
>glass sunroof
>electric windows and mirrors
>2002, which means body-color mirror caps
>foglights
>delicious red interior
>new inspection
Only drawbacks are the wheels (steelies w/ hubcaps instead of alloys) and the fact it's got 250k on it.

Here's what I found for under $1k on the New Jersey Craigslist:

A surprising number of decent oldsmobiles

Buicks, primarily centuries and lesabres, they look comfy as fuck and were probably dumped on cl after being inherited from a relative

Volvo V70s (including some cross countries, working)

Lincoln town cars, either decommissioned limos or grandma cars that need small parts repaird

A small amount of non Aero Saab 9-3s (physically depreciated)

Mercury Cougars, some XR7 (the thunderbird ones)

Trailblazers, Bravadas, Grand Cherokees, other dubious trucks

Chevy s10s, the gmc s10s, and some old rangers

Some Mercs and BMWs that will cost exponentially more to keep running in the US

And some Generic Maximas, Saturns, Corollas, Civics, Accords, Prizms, etc.

Honestly I didn't make a decision but the choices are pretty nice

I can not identify this

Bonus Points
>Will never ever break because Volvo
Negative
>You'll fall asleep every time you see it because it's so fucking boring

£999
2.5 V6 only 56k miles on the clock

da ting go SKRRRA PRAPAPAKAPA

Pontiac Bonneville.

Huh, a non f body non Holden Pontiac that doesn't look gaudy. Huh.

They really only look good in white. They look ghastly in stock green or maroon.

Or gold, they looked terrible in gold.
90s GM really had a shitty color palette.

'99 Altima with 100k
>$970
bretty nice for a shitbox

£995 and the only Prius below £1000.

Easy to repair and good mpg and reliability.

Oh and 115k miles

ames.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-olds-cutlass-brougham/6438022040.html

Keep the other $500 for assorted starter/suspension type work and it would last a couple years.

>I bought an 83 Turbocoupe for $120 12 years ago and am still driving it. Most expensive repair was $400 for new exhaust after the cat shit itself.

I'm a sucker for red interiors.
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-oldsmobile-98/6443699194.html

siouxfalls.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-ford-taurus/6423295577.html

>Nissan Micra with 1.9 million km's

lolwut?

My current car is my first car, a '97 VW Vento, got it for about 700 USD.

Mine doesn't have that wing on the back though, and no antenna.

Isn't it weird how many Pontiacs only look good if you look at them straight on from the front end but look like ass from any other angle?

the 3G Taurus is the opposite. It looks good from any angle except straight on from the front end where it looks like a cross-eyed frog.

It looks happy in an incredibly vapid way.