/ovg/ - Test Drive Unlimited Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Spam emojis on Discord
>ID: hXmJrJr

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce you are self!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Series coming SoonTM
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

5.9.248.186:50041/lapstat
drive.google.com/open?id=17wZ9aY10eOkCDBI8gEDZH2OgeSuN9D6x
mega.nz/#!pUdl0TaQ!ma2Lrlsk6mcKfcaUgRMkqixVfu9aaLnhE5MZ_97nb7c
dropbox.com/s/4pedh5ueb6d7xjr/cars.zip?dl=0
get-good.net/index.php?title=Legends_GT
celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/race-car-drivers/lewis-hamilton-net-worth/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit#gid=1309552465
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So what AMS content would be interesting for a series?

Griiip G1

One of the single seater classes.

>inb4 64 people spamming the in-game chat and staring at NETWORK ERROR screens

be careful with your track selection. low speed physics in this game are absolutely fucked with alot of the rwd cars because
>niels

Thoughts on this wheel? No bully pls.

Get something with FFB or kys.

absolute garbage
you need FFB otherwise it's a glorified joystick, and there are much better glorified joysticks.

Pros of having force feedback?

It forces you to feed back

Profound.

What's the best entry level wheel anyway?

Name a better game

you actually have some idea of what the front wheels are doing instead of just guessing where the maximum slip angle is. You can feel when you are turning too much and when the car is sliding sideways, you can feel when the front wheels are aligned with your direction of travel. These two things are critically important aspects of automobile handling and performance driving. Driving quickly without that information is almost impossible. Doing any kind of drifting or just driving for pleasure is significantly more difficult than with FFB. Furthermore, because the wheel does not react to what the car is doing it renders any operational skill building useless.

Basically, a non-FFB wheel is ancient, cheap technology and a waste of money.

Logitech G29 if new
Logitech Driving Force GT used
the older 270-degree Driving Forces and the MOMO are not bad either but they are kinda meant for very old games and formula cars with quick steering. Can occasionally be found in thrift shops for ~$15.

Having the feeling of losing grip, and surface you're driving on. It's just superior.

What part of the phrase "Monster Truck Madness 2" do you not understand?

>tfw no TDU3
Atari pls

Half-Life 2 racing series when?

Practically never, HL2's vehicle system is extremely clunky, and varies in stuff like grip and etc throughout every single game you try it on. That's why nobody made a proper Source based racing game yet.

clearly a reason to move to Q3 Rally
because first person shooter engines used for racing games are always really good especially when someone did it for free

So that's what those rumbles indicate when I'm driving with my xbone controller with asscorsa. Huh. I thought they just emulated the feeling of driving on different surfaces. Like when I was playing dirt 3. A kind user (doomz) gifted me dirt 4 and dirt rally. That's why I'm looking for a good value steering wheel. Like and subscribe to my blog.

Is Forza 7/Horizon 3 for the PC worth getting? Or is it a buggy mess that'll crash every 5 mins? I played the demos of both and enjoyed it after I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a i5-4670k/8gb RAM/GTX 1060 6GB Desktop.

>tfw /ovg/ isnt playing initial d stage 7 arcade via an emulator but i am

ffb is more than just rumbling

Anyone else excited for the new Burnout Paradise remaster?

Release scheduled for March 1st

Been too long since there was an arcade racer that could stack up to the burnout series

wow theres tons of web pages that have that exact screenshot you took

damn son I was going to make an old forza general styled OP

>playing through NFS Shift 2
>GT3 is introduced by VP of EA Patrick Soderlund for some reason
>turns out he did actually race in GT3 in 2010 and was decently successful
Why didn’t he change careers to a race driver instead of forcing shitty games onto us

i just googled a screen shot since printscreen doesnt work on this emulator but look at teknoparrot

Race driver isn't a real career.

What's the most boring track in sim racing and why is it Nurburgring?

The GP track is ok, the nordschielfe is memes though.

Why is there only one good track in North America and why is it Road Atlanta?

Sochi circuit.

>Not any of the ovals

No. Well, it can if the game is designed that way, but most sims actually model the steering rack and the forces the road applies to it through the wheels, which then becomes the output for the steering wheel motors, resulting in the uncanny feeling of driving an actual car. When you steer in the game, the road force on the steering rack is what opposes your movement, not a spring or a canned tension routine.

The rumbles in your controller are just rumbles because that's all it can do, but if you pay attention you'll notice they are usually distinct depending on what you are trying to do with the car.

>guaranteed_replies.jpg

>waited all week for the weekend so I can play AC and PCars 2 in VR
>get out of bed this morning
>herpes breakout on my face

>putting your face parts on other people
gross

why is there no m3 gtr for assetto cornetto?

Apologies anons because I have ever only driven with a gamepad.

> (You)
>The rumbles in your controller are just rumbles because that's all it can do, but if you pay attention you'll notice they are usually distinct depending on what you are trying to do with the car.

Yeah I kind of noticed that. Like a primitive form of actual wheel ffb.

Why is there no E46 or E36 at all in AC?

the devs add cars that nobody wants like fucking SUVs and 20 different (same) lotuses but no cool cars that people actually want like japanese pack 2

SHAKE MY DAMN HEAD

I don't mind an SUV or too desu to keep it interesting, but it does piss me off having to scroll through seven pages of basically the same Lotus whenever I'm picking my opponents.

>too
two*

Holy fuck I must be retarded.

I feel you man - my OR is being replaced and I can't be fucked playing anything on a monitor.

can sharing VR headsets transmit herpes?

Absolutely.

Correct

>Like a primitive form of actual wheel ffb.
no
vibration/rumble only does that, rumbles. it's some off-center weight on a motor

force feedback is a motor geared to the steering wheel which can move/apply force to the wheel. it can "vibrate" but also apply counter-force to your movement, or it can "loosen up" when moving the same way you're turning the wheel. all this can be used to simulate various effects you would feel when driving, like losing grip, or fighting damaged suspension, and so on

it's also not limited to only wheels, some joysticks also can have FFB. the principle is that the joystick can "fight back" and move by itself, giving a counter force. vibration/rumble is only a small uniform shake under your hands

I may be wrong but I think in most games when you're using a controller it limits maximum steering angle to where the highest grip is anyway, games that don't do this (e.g. Assetto Corsa) are extremely difficult to drive with a controller.

Ahh. Hence the name. Now it all makes sense. Looks like I'll have to save up for some actual wheel then.

I'm getting raped on asscorsa. That's why I was considering on buying an actual wheel.

it might be very simplified, it might even be silly. but it's consistent and predictable, i.e. behaves like a law. which how physics should behave. that's why it's better.

unpredictability and inconsistency ruins whatever otherwise "good" physics model

Oh grow up.

>you actually have some idea of what the front wheels are doing instead of just guessing where the maximum slip angle is. You can feel when you are turning too much and when the car is sliding sideways, you can feel when the front wheels are aligned with your direction of travel. These two things are critically important aspects of automobile handling and performance driving.
True
>Driving quickly without that information is almost impossible.
Shitter

>cars have no sounds in AC
what the fuck

you're new aren't you

u wot

Reminder that we got a test race on Saturday 13th in January 2018 at 20:00 UTC

We doing Legends GT in Assetto Corsa

Server: WAT: Legends GT

Track: Spa-Francorchamps

Lapstats: 5.9.248.186:50041/lapstat

Password for server & files: 4ch

Carpack:

drive.google.com/open?id=17wZ9aY10eOkCDBI8gEDZH2OgeSuN9D6x

Mirrors:

mega.nz/#!pUdl0TaQ!ma2Lrlsk6mcKfcaUgRMkqixVfu9aaLnhE5MZ_97nb7c

dropbox.com/s/4pedh5ueb6d7xjr/cars.zip?dl=0

Wiki:

get-good.net/index.php?title=Legends_GT

Cars:

BMW CSL 3.5

Corvette 1969

Corvette 1976

DeTomaso Pantera

Ferrari 365GTB

Ford Capri RS3100

Nissan GT-R 2000

Porsche 906

Porsche 911 RSR 74

Shelby Daytona

Things that are under consideration: race format, 2x20min or 1x40-50min with pit stop and changes to gearings for certain cars.

Series length: 5+1 races with a wild card in the end.

Doc is up, go sign up if you want to have a certain car for the test race.

>my old game is perfect because even though it's physics are very simplified, even silly, it's consistent
>if you go off the track your car explodes
> i.e. behaves like a law. which how physics should behave. that's why it's better.
>this is better because it's consistent, even if silly
weweweww we are reaching new levels here

only the newest of the newfags don't know that AC updates break modded cars and pirated cars

desu I agree that silly but consistent physics are better than inconsistent pretend realistic ones. inconsistency is the reason ian bell games are trash.
but your arguments are only ever about crashing which is really funny

>my old game is perfect
it's far from perfect but it's better

>if you go off the track your car explodes
are you talking about rally 2000 or ignition

Rally2kguy uses an edited physics.ini for Rally 2000. His arguments for Rally 2000 have no footing.

Shift2kguy uses an edited physics.ini for Shift 2000. His arguments for Shift 2000 have no footing.

shift 2000 isnt a video game

>Assetto Corsa
costs money
send help

It's a way of life

>but your arguments are only ever about crashing
it's more about collisions and their aftermath. it just so happens that in SHiT Rally even smallest collisions send cars flying and tumbling, but then you get fuckall damage. this doesn't even give an incentive to drive more carefully, especially if you can still win stages anyway

I don't bother with the driving model because in the end "behaves real" and "feels good" don't converge, and in the end it's still video games that people will play with gamepads, joysticks and keyboards, so it has to be controllable with that as well. I mostly leave this topic to the other simfag turbo-autists, they're better at arguing about it

>he doesn't already own AC
>he didn't buy it in one of the many steam sales there's been recently
>he hasn't bought it off G2A for like $5
You need to leave.

Why would I buy AC when better games exist?

>You need to leave.
t. ac shill

>when better games exist?

>As of 2015, Lewis Hamilton was ranked as the richest British sportsperson, with an estimated personal fortune of £88m

netKar Pro exists

>£88m
I'm kind of surprised he's that poor to be honest, not meme-ing, I though F1 drivers had more cash than that.

$260m according to celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/race-car-drivers/lewis-hamilton-net-worth/
different (more recent) date but it's probably difficult to put a precise number on it

AC is shit

>it's far from perfect but it's better
>because it's predictable, even if silly
So if your car explodes every time you go offtrack and the game uninstalls it's better, because "it's predictable"?

>it's more about collisions and their aftermath. it just so happens that in SHiT Rally even smallest collisions send cars flying and tumbling, but then you get fuckall damage. this doesn't even give an incentive to drive more carefully, especially if you can still win stages anyway

Race vs human opponents and not your cuck AI opponents and see what happens when you waste time crashing around.

the fuck does this mean
why am i bleeding fans
send help
is it because i got my ass kicked by this faggot and his CA challenge on Nikko?

Sure is summer here

>Is Forza 7/Horizon 3 for the PC worth getting?
FH3 is a good game and from what ive read the PC performance is mostly fixed compared to its state at launch.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY FM7

>Spa

On life support by week 2 probably

FH3 is good, it's a straight-up arcade game just for fun. Forza 7 is shit, the physics are too sim-cade to be enjoyable as a sim and not arcade enough to be enjoyable as an arcade. Just play literally any of the actual PC racing games, like PCars 2, Assetto Corsa etc. If you're on a controller PCars 2 is probably the one to go with as it's livable on a controller.

>If you're on a controller PCars 2 is probably the one to go with as it's livable on a controller
james pls

Pls, AC is way better than PCars 2 in my opinion but I wouldn't even bother with AC on a controller.

OVGN400's server is now open. Get in here fagets, friends only so check the doc on who you gotta friend.

The boxer cup in Automobilista is my favorite Porsche Cup car in any sim. The Brazilian Touring Classics are extremely fun, also Super V8

pc2 is hot garbage on a controller too

Meh, it's not that bad.

Remember to join the 48hp Formula Mazda go-kart race tonight at VIR Patriot circuit.
Race will start at 6pm cst.

If you plan on tuning your car, make sure it is stock and not homologated.

Signups: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit#gid=1309552465

>all these dead series

james pls go

the second one was so shit they ended it

So I finished the Project Cars 2 career mode, and instead of a final cutscene it just showed this.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but I thought this was a little out of place.