cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

But user, it's already 6 days in

ikr I wasted like 1.6% of the year already.
Fun was had anyway.
>alright let's take it easy you haven't ridden in 3 months
>bike warmed up
>leaving town
>breeeemmmmMMMM
>40 over EVERYWHERE

2nd for you're all getting cute rider gfs this year

should I kill myself?

Just do wheelies to escape the feelies.

Everything has been frozen here the past few days :(
I just took out the 4wd instead lol

Best dual sport reporting in

Here's hoping.

ask8ball.net

If my post ends in a number, yes

The big brother says hi.

I really hope the 790 has all kinds of problems so I don't have to sell my Tiger for one.

Nobike reporting in

>tfw no trails and no untouched nature within 15+ hour drive.

How?

I don't know that feel

You'll have at least another year and a half till you'll really know. I doubt I'd trade " down " the power on the 1190 is fucking intoxicating.

Me niether

It would be a somewhat linear trade power wise from my Tiger but I'd be downgrading to the Ptwin from a triple, and honestly the current concept is fucking ugly. I like the 1090 but not enough to trade the Tiger for one. the only real appeal of the 790 is the hope that they keep the weight in the low 400s.

>First ride of the year
Did a few hours today. Winter sucks. It's damp and cold and there's shitheads everywhere.
Highlights:
> 'Enthusiast' in a fartcanned 14 year old Civic trying and failing to out-accelerate me
> Fucktard in a Focus ST estate up my backside for miles, until I overtook someone
> Doing 100 on the motorway to get home, BMW rammed up my backside, then rammed even closer when I dropped down to 90 because of sidewinds.
> Greggs sausage rolls are my new favourite pit-stop food.
> About to get back on my bike to head home after lunch, dickhead in a BMW pulls up, blocks me in, and parks so his kids can wave to someone.

Sounds like Murika.
My experience today was cool. The few riders I met were super stoked to see other people riding so instead of the normal greeting everyone waved like a lunatic. Boy on a bicycle waved, I waved back. Cat ran out in front of me but I dodged that shit faster than wr user's mum jumped on muh dik. Nice crisp air but not too cold so with heated grips it was comfy af.
9/10 experience (-1 because couldn't go really fast).

>nature
>dirt and rocks
Nice try cc

My swapped klr (without the box and frontguard/tube) is 10lbs heavier than a stock klr. The noisemaker saves ton.
Why not get a versys?
Versys is basically a ninja with 10 less hp and a few extra inches of travel. It has no good options for skid pans and the exhaust is always vulnerable. They are not for off road.
Plus my klr will walk away from one of them.
pic is one of klrsys' builds

which tank bag is that?

Pls

Heavier than a normal klr
No thanks

Nope, glorious british winter.

> Zooming along
> Idiot pulls out in front
> Brake on reflex
> Half-second later, find out I grabbed the levers instead of the front/rear brake and using engine braking
Guess all those years of cycling are still ruling my 2-wheeled reflexes.

>Versys VS KLR
Best of both worlds reporting in.

>423lbs wet
Jesus fucking christ

Less than ur mom lmao

Would an SCR 950 even be worth considering for a second motorcycle? I'm looking for something more standard-ish in terms of ergonomics and reasonably comfortable for possible longer trips. Originally wasn't really wanting another V-twin but I've sort of come back around on them.

Basically, is the bike mostly gimmick and style or is there anything else about it that has actual merit?

XSR900 is much better

>tfw have '93 K1100RS
>tfw grew up riding on the back of it when dad took me to school
>dad passed the bike to me in 2015
>tfw poorfag, couldn't transport bike from CA to TX
>tfw dad passed on not even a year ago
>used insurance money to transport bike to home
>tfw it's now sitting outside my garage waiting to be restored but I can't bring myself to give it more than a passing glance

Dude how. They're only like 3000 bucks at most. I always see this here and wonder how you can't pay for that? Do you have debt/are NEET?

>KLR 432lb wet
>Versys 650 450lb wet
Its still best of both worlds

Kinda gimmicky bike for the Scrambler moniker but if you're just after an easy comfy commuter it'd be a good buy.

Good suggestion, because my three contentions right now are the SCR, the XSR, and a Scout.

Obviously the Scout is most expensive, and the attractive thing about the Yamahas is that a local dealer has a 2017 SCR that's listed well under MSRP and a 2016 XSR that is closer but at this point could be haggled down. Idk, I can't settle myself on if I really like the looks of the XSR or not

I wouldn't take it off road, but I would be looking for something that could be some fun on the road, which I guess the XSR would probably be better for in that case..

Get the new CB1000R

Not him but,
That's an entire different class.
The SCR is pretty much a bolt with a flat seat. It's not fast at all. It's heavy. And mostly just looks nice.

Exactly. Why get a slow pos

Have you sat on the SCR at all? Last time I was on it the airbox sits right against your knee, which is really uncomfortable. The bolt doesn't have the problem because of its forward controls.

Nah, I read that though in some of the reviews. I'm used to it being though that most people are taller than me and I'm just at the right height (5'9") that stuff like that usually doesn't affect me.

Probably a moot point, I know at this point that the XSR would be the better buy, I was just curious if the SCR had literally anything else going for it besides "muh heritage" and a V-twin that wasn't either a straight cruiser or superbike.

Your no thanks is pointless.
You cant have one.

I know it's not V-twin, but have you looked at the Triumph Street Twin at all?

Don't worry I have superior bike anyways
I don't want one

Lol no.
Im in the process of shortening my drain plug and skid plating my bike.
I can go anywhere you can.
And i can roll down the hwy at 100mph all day.

The triumphs are bretty gud and make tons of torque. I nearly got one but landed on the FZ07 instead

In which alternate reality is that better?

benelli leoncino not complete shit after all

The one where it weighs 70lbs less
IE this one

>kawapoopi

>kawacucky

I love Triumphs for the most part, but as far as their standards go I'm getting a vintage (either Tiger or Trident) from my uncle for next to nothing as a project, so chances are whenever I do get another Triumph down the line i'll just shell out for either a striple or a Daytona 675 instead.

Columbia river?

Me neither

Because not everyone wants to pretend to be a racerboi

Just wait until the ftr comes out

It's a naked bike with retro styling
What are you even talking about

First time reading eh?

This.

Nice cafe racer!

Should I care if my braking pads touch the rotor constantly making it not rotate completely freely when I'm not pulling brake lever?

Just take um off

kys wr

gotta lubricate those pads bud

WD40 them

I literally hear nothing official about that bike besides the occasional poster in here that seems assured it's actually happening.

Not saying I don't want it to, but I literally haven't heard anything from Indian saying it's anything more than a one-off concept.

Thats been interviews with the owner saying they're making them. He also said in the future they'll br making full electric bikes, and eventually getting back into TT races

Guess I just didn't dig deep enough. Shit, that's awesome. I've really been rooting for Indian. Seems like they really have a shot at breaking the "American bikes are only cruisers" thing.

Yea. Owner said ho's idea was to make not just cruisers when he started it back up.
Luckily they got a great thing going, making plenty of profit, and moving in the right direction.
Sadly I doubt Harley is gonna step their game up and do anything besides the same ol same ol.
I for one would love a bit of friendly competition between the two

I hope Polaris pick him up

I really wish they'd make a 650-800cc version of it
There's a wide gap between the new CB300R and 1000R
I guess there's always the new Huskys if I can find a dealer for them

Sticks and stones may brake my bones but REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

>svartpilen
pro tip, that means "black pillar" in swedish
seems like they are going for the cuck crowd... Not surprising, considering the looks of the bike.
Guess they just can't stop riding on the black pillar

That's true. I was just looking at their website an hour ago and thought the same thing.
>125
>300
>1000
It's either nothing or everything

>expected price tag of US$13,000 -$15,000
wew lad

well as i said

Cb500r tho

I'd prefer something with a little more grunt. But that is probably what they're going to do since the 500 series is one of their best sellers

>a little more grunt
how about your gfs black bull? i bet he would grunt for you when he fucks your gf while you watch and cry if you pay him another BMW

Le edgy

trying way too hard there little man
maybe you should go back to lurking r/Veeky Forums

>tfw gf
I have become normie

>that dudes expression
>tfw

Wrong
It's black arrow
In Norwegian, Danish and Swedish
Langcuck btfo
t. Norwegian

Hows the winter storm treating you guys? Kinda wish we were getting a little wet here in Southern California. It has been bone dry in the hills

Pretty of snow and now ice. Lots of hooning in 4wd and pulling people outta ditches

>winter storm

It's a bit windy, but nothing storm like.
Rivers are a bit full, but that's about it. Nothing to worry about.

Still you faggots worship the bbc

mmm the end of the WHite race gives me a raging boner

Pretty jealous still. I was praying for rain when I went dirt scootin and we ended up having an 80 degree day. Everything is so slippery and dusty. I would kill for a chance to ride in some snow or a muddy forest

>Europe is a country
>All European countries are the same
>Swedish bike/G*rman bike
>Norway is a member of the EU
Why are mutts so stupid?

Rock yourself nibba