/brit/ - Brit/o/ General

[SHUSHIBOY] EDITION

----

A thread for the British denizens of Veeky Forums.

Brit/o/ Garage: brit-o.co.uk/

----

Upcoming Brit/o/ Events:

Shakeys Farewell (Dragmeet V)
We were planning a March dragmeet at Shakespeare, but it seems very uncertain as to whether it'll even be open due to property development happening on the land.
F for Shakeys.

Mid-Summer Midlands Madness
What: Driveday somewhere in the Midlands
Where: See above
When: See title
Vagueness level 10/10

----

Recent Happenings:

Hope everyone had a cracking Christmas and New Year period. May you all have received Drive scorpion jackets and fingerless leather gloves so you can be autistic in your leased Citroen C1 at maccies on Friday nights.

----

We have a Slack chat! If you want in, just post up your email (it can be a throwaway), and you'll be invited in. We do actually discuss things of an automotive nature, don't fear. It's not all degeneracy. Degeneracy has its own containment channel.

Daily reminder than German cars are better than japcrap

Welsh go home English best

>britogarage

well that made me ashamed to be british, you people fucking disgust me

FUCK OFF YOU CHAV SCUMBAG FAGGOT

Sorry, we don't all d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ ride the National Express bus like you.

thanks for letting me know i should add your trip code to my growing filter.

>actually gets triggered when someone doesn't like his faggy little micra

>implying it's even my car

What do you drive anyway? Genuinely interested.

His dads cock :^)

>Mid-Summer Midlands Madness
Now I actually have a performance-oriented vehicle, I may turn up to that.

Today was fun, if cold. BMW drivers are cunts.

You'd be about the only one with a performance car lol

> Car
Nope. Sports bike.
My car's a slightly old Focus. Great for commuting and road trips, but slow. My new Honda is fast and beautiful.

CHALLENGE OLLIE TO A LONG WILLY CONTEST ON THE TUONO

lads i need a shitbox and insurance shouldnt be more than 1k/yr
dont mind a cuckbox
19 btw

>19
>looking for insurance no more than £1k

gl hf m8

>19
Don't bother. There really is no way to get around it. Unless you genuinely need the car to get to work, don't bother and just use public transport.

Get a bike.
No, seriously. CBT, basic gear, 125cc bike. Tax is practically nothing, small bikes are cheap, insurance knows you can't do much damage to anything with a bike lighter than you are.

Cycling > public transport. More independent, and actually faster than bus routes. Plus, you work out as you travel.

I'm paying £1k insurance for a Fiesta Metal (basically a 1.6 Zetec S with a stage 1 tune out the factory) at 22

If you haven't got parents who can afford to pay the insurance Jews or a decent job already @ 19 it's just going to be unaffordable. Especially if you've just passed your test.

>
He isn't 22, though. He's 19. I have two apprentices that are his age and one rides a 125 to work, the other takes the bus. Both can drive but neither do because what the insurers are asking is astronomical. £5000 for one of them, with a clean record and licence held for a year.

My wife and I are 39. We pay next to nothing for three (very expensive) cars that see regular usage and I have separate policies for cars that aren't for the road. What they charge younger people is criminal and if I was in their position I would refuse to pay it, unless I absolutely required it to get to work. The bus and the train might be bad, but it beats paying a third or even half of your wage on running a car.

my dad wont let me get a bike because he thinks ill get hit by some shit driver and have my knob scraped off + become spasticated. wat do?

His house, his rules.

If you are visibly ethnic you can simply drive around with no insurance, tax or even a licence. The police will never stop you.

>wat do?
Wear proper protective gear, and get one anyway.

Contrary to popular belief, your parents can't actually force you to do anything. You don't need their permission to do things.

I've been told I look german
He would bung me out lol

So why can't you live independently? Are you unemployed?

Don't be a fucking gay boy he won't kick you out faggot

killed anyone else yet?

Is the M140i peak Deano? Will I be King of the Call Centre?

Deano drives a 120d M-sport or a 425 if he's really made it in life

i'm getting reamed and have been since i was 17 for a 1.3 litre honda

just don't bother

Get it, before BMW turn the 1 series into a mini countryman with angry headlights. you will write it off tho

Wrong board, GCHQ

25yo just passed my test and managed to insure a Brera 2.4 JDTM for just under 2K

why have i waited so long to do my test holy fuck

because you wouldn't have been able to insure a brera at 18, why does it matter?

I took it for a test drive and it was very easy to drive. I never liked BMW road cars but I have an Rninet so I thought I'd give them a go.

t b h, i would probably wait until I was 25 to pass my test if I was learning now. Instead of spending tens of thousands on a XR2 Fiesta, a fucking Seat and a knackered Impreza from 17 to 25.

1-series is a great car

Shit cars are still fun. I used to have a shitbox Clio that I'd drive on a provisional with my mates as passengers on road trips and such. Still a laugh, and I wish I'd devoted some time to doing the test so that I could have driven it more

I'm 20, how much is insurance going to fuck me?

Not been to a meet yet lads, which of my cars should I bring, s13 or carina?

Get a cheap classic. Free road tax and cheaper insurance. I’m 23 paying £380 a year in insurance.

TFW best car in Brit/o/

You're considered to be a boy racer until you're 23, lad.

Anyone in Brit/o/ own the best van?

Isn't that a Suzuki underneath? I been in the Carry before. Same gen.

Pretty sure the amount it costs to insure young people is backed by how much fucking crashing they do

Young cunts crashing into old cunts with brand new BMWs = unaffordable insurance

I believe it's just a rebadge

Conclusion: old people must be banned from the roads

What do you guys reckon on the Polo BlueGT?

Any owners, tips, recommendations?

I just picked up a 64 plate, can't drive it for a couple of weeks but quite excited. Certainly a lot nicer than my old corsa.

S13

Carina

Did there ever be a Welsh meet in the end?

Any girls in Brit/o/?

>Any g-
Stop right there user, you know the answer.

My friend's dad has one, but it hasn't run since it broke and got replaced with one that was run to death by radiator explosion.
It's a glorified shed.

If I get one by the time of the meet, I'll bring her. If I can trust you people around her, anyway.

>Taking gf to meet a bunch of autists.

That's a surefire way to make sure you never see her again.