en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godot_(game_engine)#List_of_games
godotengine.org/showcase
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unity_games#2010
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for bye bye rye rye

second for source
youtube.com/watch?v=jFYi1ugN1f8

Second for Jams are Cancer

PSA: you can report Gogem aka Ryan Lambourn to NSW police for making and distributing a loli game, which counts as CP under Australian law.
www1.police.nsw.gov.au/mobile/cs.aspx
Do that instead of shitposting about him here.

Bam bam you shot me down.
Bam bam the gog is down.

gogem fanclub here

Gamemaker or godot? For 2D?

good idea, on it.

At least he will be questioned/under investigation and his mom's gonna freak!

There's a good chance it doesn't matter.
I hope you're not actually going to pay for GM though.

You're not in on this, go away dork.

With godot you'll never finish your game so....

Gamemaker is mostly well know and has more material, Godot is completely free.

That's basically the gist of it. Any is able to a dedicated dev.

disclaimer: t. nodev
choose godot

I'd go with Godot just because it's free.
I haven't used either enough to compare and contrast, though.

Gamemaker if you're a complete beginner and need hand holding.
Godot is you have at least a little bit of programming experience and want to have more flexibility.

get gm:s1 fast while it's still in a bundle, it's hardly worth paying more than 20 dollars for
leave betatesting godot to rabid faggots who keep defending it in the thread while having nothing to show for it

There are finished games with Godot, just less than GM.

Now this is quality anti-shitposting

You're going to trigger the >best autist so hard

I've used both and Godot is the >best.

>There are finished games with Godot

Unity

List of completed Godot games:

Mah Nigga

I need a couple of moe anime girls (just a single pose of each) for my game.

How much would that cost me?

I have 10 dollars.

>For 2D

>Bunch on nodevs shitting on engines for no reason

Lets make this an actual good thread and be positive and helpful guys.

GM For 2d is good if you want an easy road but be limited, Godot is less limited but harder. UE4 for 2d is stupid so avoid it.

officer on the phone said that he know what I was talking about and asked me if I'm the one who sent the info earlier. I said no, its someone else. gl guys

> Unity
> Not 2D

Nice shitposting.

prepare to be extradited nodev

finally got right wall mode working, left wall and ceiling modes should be pretty easy to implement now

Why on earth would you afflict yourself with Unity if you weren't doing 3D?

Actual answer please

Depends on how detailed you need the line work, whether they need to be colored, probably some other factors too.

But almost certainly more than $10.

You could search instead of memeing:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godot_(game_engine)#List_of_games
godotengine.org/showcase

Feel free to move to 'they aren't good', even through your point 'no finished games' is false.

>sourceposter trying to defend gogem
s m h

GM

Unity usually performs below the line for 2d. You really are better with Godot. You are also better with GM, even Love2d and Construct.

I was hoping to abuse the talent of an /i/ fag that doesn't yet know the value of his talent.

An engine with games or an engine with no games? hmmm....

>Unity
>2D

Nice shitposting.

But isn't it your job to make the games? Why are you worried about how many games other people have made?

muh C#

how many games were made in unity 7 years ago?

I think he's just salty it's not his thread for a change. If you want to be a relevant shitposter you have to stay on it like gogem. Not be some fanciful 2 year shitposter that's a baby run.

Could just use Monogame then.

Use HolyC in godot and you'll have a divinely inspired game

Gamemaker if you're a glow in the dark CIA nigger who wants to sell out and finish their game

>slope jump angles
you are already better than half of the Sonic Team staff.

>It's a game actually being made in godot episode

C# is fine.
Unity runs like shit because until recently they had no competition for "easy-to-use 3D engine for indies."

>when you really gogem really was a success all along
just not at gamedev
i get it now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unity_games#2010

Looks like 2010 was the year it first started being used for major commercial games.

Dude asked for advice. I've given it

reminder that Godot 3.0 will have the following languages for scripting:

GDScript
C#
C++
Python
D (maybe)
Rust (maybe)

>when you realize gogem really was a success all along
>just not at gamedev
i get it now

Why the fuck would you ever want to make a game in Rust.

jai when

When you write bindings for it.

>D
>Rust
What even are these? They only get brought up here for shitposting.

Also C and Nimlang (just because C++)

Legit question. How hard would this making a game compatible with Temple OS in HolyC meme actually be?

VR GTA

That is one unattractive Asuka

damn, I swear I even heard the original game's noises, fuck

those steering physics gave me cancer

she looks pretty much exactly like the drawn version, I'm impressed. you just hate 3D. dumb weeb.

>reverse best.png shitposting

At least as hard as porting a game from one dialect of C to another while making it compatible with an extremely obscure operating system.

Damn Torque2D is so freaking gud

I was reading about Shadowman. I never beat the game as a kid, but loved the lore.

Which games should I play or read about in order to ideaguy properly? I'm just making a prototype now.

Nah, the face is too sharp. Not enough mouth either

first you'd have to port opengl to templeos

Play games that are similar to the kind of game you want to make.
Isn't that obvious?

Make sure to play a few mediocre or bad ones as well so you know what NOT to do.

It's default blame epic not me

Alright. A good excuse to play videogames.

Become fluent in the genre in order to make a competent game.

Take inspiration from outside the genre and from other mediums in order to make an innovative game.

I want to make a game that is turn-based but there are many NPCs that interact with the world and with each other every turn. Ideally with maps being able to be saved as shareable files.
Would GameMaker studio do well at this or does have 'for each' looping?

Most my game making experience is MMF2 and some C#, but doing this in MMF2 is impossible since it craps out under any sort of stress, and Unity is a bit much for me to get into right now.

asuka's face is pretty sharp. anime mouths are unrealistic

>asset jamboree #3213

Doesn't really matter, it sounds like you'd use the engine only for rendering and UI

Neat advice. Thanks.

>float MyValue;

What does Unreal Engine 4 do with uninstantiated variables?
I assumed it would be whichever value was assigned to its address, but the EditAnywhere property is showing that it's 0.0

Why are there mobile controls

Unity offers fully made games for free and you failures STILL have no game? All you need to do is change some art and a few lines of script. Are you so hopeless that you're incapable of doing THAT?

If you're good enough at coding, Unity might actually be exactly what you need.

What you can do is separate the rendering from the gameplay. All of the gameplay logic happens in pure C# classes, without touching Monobehaviours. Write a custom Update() or Tick() function for your pure C# game loop, then call that from your rendering class (that you'll write in unity).

You'll still use monobehaviours and sprites and other unity specifc things for the rendering, but you're not storing gamestate there. You'll never read a gameobject's position and use it, for instance, only write to it.

Even in raw C often you'll get 0 for uninitialized values.

good to know, thanks

Documentation indicated that all variables default to 0 (or nullptr for pointers)

I was thinking something along those lines. I don't have lots of free time these days, however, so I was hoping gamemaker studio would make it a bit quicker to get to the real meaty parts of development without doing all the preamble that takes months but accomplishes nothing, from an outside perspective.

yeah I JUST read that hint right after I posted my question

Go keep the /v/ gamedev thread alive, I need to shill you fools.

Have you finished /any/ games? If not you should do that instead of embarking on a huge project. Use whatever, just try to get a game done in a month (if you have a couple hours or less per day) or 2 weeks (if you have more).

>Have you finished /any/ games?

where do you think you are, user?

I made got my first salary yesterday. The whole thing is bittersweet. On one hand, I've always wanted my first money to come from something I made, on the other at least I'm no longer a useless need I guess. I barely have time to gamedev these days.

The absolute state of those image's archives.

/agdg/, your humble servant posts """progress""" on his """game""".

+Tinkered with arrays.
+Created a text array and integrated it into the main battle function to update the advisor's text.
-It's too hot, I guess.

How does the not-UI aspect of your game work?

Or is it all menu stuff?

I am currently wondering why you are doing this in UE4.

hey /agdg/, I dont regularly come here, just passing through. What are you working on? I want to be inspired to do SOMETHING, gaming or otherwise. When I was younger I was a bit of a gamer and sometimes I had lofty dreams and ideas for games. One being an rpg type game or action rpg with a similar battle system to kingdom hearts, and also taking from kindgom hearts and games and franchises like super mario rpg and super smash brothers etc. where they take characters from other games and put them in a game together, except one idea I had was to not stop at game characters just throw in a bunch of cool shit. If that sounds like the ideas of a 11-12 year old that's because they were, and I just realized that there might be a few games already that match that description.

start with pong